Kitgun Arcanes for All Guns (Pax and Residuals)

I think they are getting a separate arcane slot for only the arcanes intended for that purpose. So kitguns will end up with 2 arcane slots. So no, I don't think the pax arcanes are available to all guns. They are kitgun specific to make them stand out.

Ohwell

Looks like Kitguns and their associated Arcanes can just stay irrelevant and dead then.

Kitguns have been nerfed too much that they aren't compelling to use, and thus neither are the Kitgun-exclusive Arcanes; just not worth it if the weapons they work with are crap.

Which is kinda a shame, being able to use those Arcanes on Other Weapons that don't suck might have been a nice Motivation for players to revisit the Deimos and Fortuna content.

34 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Ohwell

Looks like Kitguns and their associated Arcanes can just stay as a dead content island then

kitguns aren't a content island, you have no idea what that phrase means and are just regurgitating it with no thought to make word salad. it's like saying shotgun mods are a content island because you can't equip them to your kubrow

there is no way DE would give the kuva brama the ability to use pax charge as thats like giving the weapon unlimited ammo sure there is a delay before the near insta regen happens but thats only a minor issue 

6 minutes ago, Ryuujou. said:

kitguns aren't a content island, you have no idea what that phrase means and are just regurgitating it with no thought to make word salad. it's like saying shotgun mods are a content island because you can't equip them to your kubrow

Edit Done

Now I'm saying explicitly what I think instead of trying to use any meme-phrases as shortcuts (which apparently I don't really use properly).

OK now?

2 minutes ago, lowgrav said:

there is no way DE would give the kuva brama the ability to use pax charge as thats like giving the weapon unlimited ammo sure there is a delay before the near insta regen happens but thats only a minor issue 

They let me use Energized Munitions, and Protea's Dispensary

that's basically the same result as Pax Charge.

1 minute ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yeah. Especially the Primary ones.

I guess it depends on your perspective though, certainly kitguns can all be viable. So I guess You might consider viable=not-crap.

buy my definition of crap is: can some other weapon perform better?

maybe that's too harsh?

Uh. Yea.

I do agree that the primary kitguns are a tad on the weaker side or have some usability issues. I'd like them to be buffed a bit. But you can bring them into Steel Path no issue. So no they are not crap.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

Uh. Yea.

I do agree that the primary kitguns are a tad on the weaker side or have some usability issues. I'd like them to be buffed a bit. But you can bring them into Steel Path no issue. So no they are not crap.

Ok, well chalk it up to hyperbole.

by 'crap', I really meant to say: they are not the absolute best.

which makes them irrelevant to a very small minority of players who like to minimax numbers even when it has no practical difference

Just now, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Ok, well chalk it up to hyperbole.

by 'crap', I really meant to say: they are not the absolute best.

which makes them irrelevant to a very small minority of players who like to minimax numbers even when it has no practical difference

Meh, I just use whatever I like, not what's mathematically better. Anything at level 50 or lower (most of the games content) makes all guns just as effective. If you're looking at high level steel path then sure some weapons fall off. But that's irrelevant, because Steel Path is only a fraction of the game.

If you play a normal mission on Earth do you bring the weapon that deals a million damage because it's the "best"? Or do you bring whatever is fun?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yeah. Especially the Primary ones.

I guess it depends on your perspective though, certainly kitguns can all be viable. So I guess You might consider viable=not-crap.

buy my definition of crap is: can some other weapon perform better?

maybe that's too harsh?

so this may be nit picking your choice of words but you said crap is: can some other "weapon" perform better

so by that statement all primarys are crap as melee weapons do the job have more higher power can still strip all armor and dont use ammo

but i get what your trying to say and i never built a primary kitgun my secondary kitgun is my most used weapon and the primary dont seem to have that great mods to put on the gun but secondary guns have a great selection of mods (use the secondary kitgun so much games bugged and says its my most used primary and secondary even tho i never touched the primary kitguns)

1 minute ago, lowgrav said:

so this may be nit picking your choice of words but you said crap is: can some other "weapon" perform better

so by that statement all primarys are crap as melee weapons do the job have more higher power can still strip all armor and dont use ammo)

No, I agree, all primaries are currently crap in comparison to melee.

that really needs to get fixed.

that's part of why for example Pax Charge apply to all of them might help the situation...

11 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Meh, I just use whatever I like, not what's mathematically better. Anything at level 50 or lower (most of the games content) makes all guns just as effective. If you're looking at high level steel path then sure some weapons fall off. But that's irrelevant, because Steel Path is only a fraction of the game.

If you play a normal mission on Earth do you bring the weapon that deals a million damage because it's the "best"? Or do you bring whatever is fun?

I'm a wierdo who finds the Mod screen and pulling out a calculator to be a fun mini-game in its own right. Sometimes moreso than the actual going into missions and shooting....

so yeah, the former case. ?unfortunately?

its a toss up for which of my 2 favorate archanes i put on my kitgun pax charge for ammo convenience or pax bolt for more frame power and efficency as +30% to both ability strength and efficincy upon commiting a live sacrifice ......which do you think is better?

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Ohwell

Looks like Kitguns and their associated Arcanes can just stay irrelevant and dead then.

Kitguns have been nerfed too much that they aren't compelling to use, and thus neither are the Kitgun-exclusive Arcanes; just not worth it if the weapons they work with are crap.

Which is kinda a shame, being able to use those Arcanes on Other Weapons that don't suck might have been a nice Motivation for players to revisit the Deimos and Fortuna content.

tell me you only ever used the catchmoon without telling me you only ever used the catchmoon - there were no sweeping nerfs of the whole class, that's literally the only kitgun that was ever significantly nerfed, and there's still standouts like secondary sporelacer and primary tombfinger

and really, what good would giving every gun kitgun arcanes actually do? everyone talks about how infinite ammo with pax charge would be game breaking, but how often do you actually run out of ammo? it's more of a QoL improvement than anything else, the problem with guns is that most of them just don't do enough damage fast enough, and the kitgun arcanes simply don't help with that. seeker's projectiles almost always piss off into the ceiling or nearest wall without hitting anything, bolt is situationally useful depending on your frame but doesn't directly make the gun any better, soar has only very niche use on wisp and maybe zephyr, and the residuals + theorems are so obscure I have literally no idea if they're even good or not

Archived