Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That Steel Essence Despawn

So they're going to make Steel Essence Despawn after 5 mins

because it was creating a problem where people with Smeeta would just hang out waiting for Charm to buff before picking them up. Instead of actually playing the game.

Here's a better solution:

increase the refresh frequency of Charm and the odds of getting the resource buff.

-now people won't stand around waiting so much for it to activate!

yup, its such a direct and obvious solution: don't like people standing around waiting; make Charm show up faster so we don't have to wait.

Now Tenno can get the Bonus, and Still Play. Win-win.

It's not just they are "just waiting for the charm buff", but to avoid idiotic situations like this one: 

People break stuff, devs prevent them to break stuff. Buffing charm won't change the mindset of kuva addicts, almost every single change on mechanics since the introduction of Steel Path involved them doing stuff to maximize the farm of steel essence doing the less possible effort. Khora afk farm, then breaking enemy AI, then this are a few examples, devs had talked a lot fop times for this and is public knowledge that they hate those "farm methods". People who play the game like intended is rarelly impacted by those changes unless they break something (like Khora's LoS change). 

I'm sure that if they needed to push a button that sent them an electric shock and give them kuva at the same time, they would push it till they died.

9 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

It's not just they are "just waiting for the charm buff", but to avoid idiotic situations like this one: 

People break stuff, devs prevent them to break stuff. Buffing charm won't change the mindset of kuva addicts, almost every single change on mechanics since the introduction of Steel Path involved them doing stuff to maximize the farm of steel essence doing the less possible effort. Khora afk farm, then breaking enemy AI, then this are a few examples, devs had talked a lot fop times for this and is public knowledge that they hate those "farm methods". People who play the game like intended is rarelly impacted by those changes unless they break something (like Khora's LoS change). 

I'm sure that if they needed to push a button that sent them an electric shock and give them kuva at the same time, they would push it till they died.

... Oh, dat thread... haha

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Sauce? This is not the first thread I have seen say this, but I went up and down the dev workshop and I couldn't find any trace of it

It's in the video, but they conveniently left it out of the workshop posts

... of course it's still age restricted. Just go watch the "Sisters of Parvos: Developer Workshop Video" at 9:45-ish time frame.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Sauce? This is not the first thread I have seen say this, but I went up and down the dev workshop and I couldn't find any trace of it

I believe this was mentioned in the last dev stream. Could be wrong... but yeah DE have officially said this is happening soon.

34 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

because it was creating a problem where people with Smeeta would just hang out waiting for Charm to buff before picking them up. Instead of actually playing the game.

increase the refresh frequency of Charm and the odds of getting the resource buff.

-now people won't stand around waiting so much for it to activate!

yup, its such a direct and obvious solution: don't like people standing around waiting; make Charm show up faster so we don't have to wait.

Now Tenno can get the Bonus, and Still Play. Win-win.

Or people only get the bonus sometimes, as intended. 

Basically your proposed solution to DE not letting you reliably grab gobs of SE with multi-stacked charm buffs, is for them to give you a different way to multi-stack charm buffs and reliably grab gobs of SE. 

I'm sure ya'll will find another efficient way to grind kuva... 

Heavily disagree. The point of Smeeta's various buffs is benefitting from luck for a short period of time. It's not meant for you to hoard the map's drops until you get said buff. The despawn timer on Steel Essence is an objectively good mechanic and anyone who sees it as a bad mechanic aren't looking at the health of the game.

This change doesn't affect anybody who's actively playing their mission and this only hurts people trying to either:

1. AFK Farm
  2. Justify multiplying an entire session's loot by a Smeeta Charm buff as acceptable.

Smeeta's Charm doesn't need a buff by any means, especially with the state of companions as a whole.

14 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Basically your proposed solution to DE not letting you reliably grab gobs of SE with multi-stacked charm buffs, is for them to give you a different way to multi-stack charm buffs and reliably grab gobs of SE. 

Yes, that was my intention.

14 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Yes, my proposal fixes that problem too

if the buffs come sooner, players will collect sooner, then there will be less Time for loot to pile up and break the game.

35 minutes ago, Hello said:

It's in the video, but they conveniently left it out of the workshop posts

... of course it's still age restricted. Just go watch the "Sisters of Parvos: Developer Workshop Video" at 9:45-ish time frame.

Yep, that was definitely some sauce, thank you

35 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yes, my proposal fixes that problem too

if the buffs come sooner, players will collect sooner, then there will be less Time for loot to pile up and break the game.

And here's the problem with that, if they come sooner instead of waiting for a 3x buff, players will wait for a 6x buff. So you'd have to put a hard cap on it. Speaking as an exploiter(though not one who bothered with this SE farm rubbish), there will always be a way. If something is nerfed, another way will be found.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Ha... Haha.... HAHAHAHAHA!!

No...

They are trying to fix a problem in the game and you want to counter that problem by making an already OP ability even more OP? Thank the Lotus Devs dont take all suggestions seriously.

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

So you'd have to put a hard cap on it.

Charm has a Duration, so I do believe that takes care of itself. it doesn't have to be 'hard cap'. You could just scale the duration by the samre ratio as reBuff Frequency. making the maximum stacking before expiry stay at 3x in practice.

but overall increased frequency means less waiting time,

Taking this logic to Extremes, we could make Charm Resource be a continuously active buff, and have each individual pickup have a %chance to be affected or not. Have DE tune that %chance to be the same as the %of time Charm is expected to activate originally. Now there's no such thing as picking and choosing when to pickup. Just rng all the time.

As Voltage said, this change is to prevent AFK farming so if you are running a max range Khora and dont move for 20min you'll feel the change as for every other player with warframes like Nekros they wont feel a thing.... in drops regard.

Anyways I think the problem lies in the essence itself since making charm only resource booster will break some things and we already had a similar problem with the vitus essence and maybe will get the same problem again with the new coin from the void storms.

24 minutes ago, nslay said:

Good. Using Smeeta that way sounds borderline exploitative.

And wow... I feel bad for a player that plays that way.

?am I the only one who does this?:

be in Plains of Eidolon, do Bounties for Konzu while I wait for Smeeta

Smeeta activates, ignore bounty, immediately Mine/Fish as much as possible before it wears off.

return to Bounty and wait for more Smeeta so I can go back to mining/fishing

5 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Smeeta activates, ignore bounty, immediately Mine/Fish as much as possible before it wears off.

From my perspective, there's a difference between making the use of a buff from Smeeta when you get it (like in your example)... versus.... intentionally leaving stuff on the ground and not picking it up and waiting around for a Resource Booster from Smeeta.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yes because I have absolutely zero need of fish or mining resources and when I did need them I can guarantee I got more of them quicker than you do by simply going and doing it instead of waiting for a buff.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Sounds like a penny wise, pound foolish move. 

Reminds me of that silly thread where someone was talking about waiting in relay afk for tiny blessing buffs.

I shouldn't be surprised that people fail to fully understand everything being said no matter how clearly it's being explained. 

While she did indeed state that Essence will despawn, she ALSO said that Steel Essence from the Alerts is being boosted from 3 to 5 specifically due to the new stuff costing Steel Essence. 
So Steel Essence despawns now, But we also get more Essence per Alert. 

ADDITIONALLY, Acolyte spawn rates are being increased. 

So no weird buff stacking, Just more Steel Essence from every mission in general. 

Archived