Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus doesn't suck, right?

AziSlays

So it's been ages since I last used him. He was one of my first 4 frames. Thing is, whenever I whip him out now he just dies in 1-2 hits from anything. I've looked up builds and they aren't much different from mine ( https://overframe.gg/build/175304/ ). I've looked up videos and they seem to be able to take hits normally. So why am I dying so quickly even to basic enemies? 

hace 7 minutos, AziSlays dijo:

So it's been ages since I last used him. He was one of my first 4 frames. Thing is, whenever I whip him out now he just dies in 1-2 hits from anything. I've looked up builds and they aren't much different from mine ( https://overframe.gg/build/175304/ ). I've looked up videos and they seem to be able to take hits normally. So why am I dying so quickly even to basic enemies? 

You arent going with a dragon key, are you?

If he's getting killed that fast, there is certainly something wrong.

Here is my build, its not anything special, I'm even wasting a spot with a strain mod just for the maggot babies that are worthless for all practical uses and not all that different from yours and I can pretty much stand around and survive though most things. Just make sure to get some stacks, use his parasitic link if you're in a tough spot and you'll pretty much be invincible.

Nidus is great, but you do need Stacks in order to have an easier time. his survivability without stacks is only as good as most other frames, Arcane Grace or Guardian is definitely good to have, I also run Magus repair too. not everyone knows this but Nidus is actually weak to fire damage, so watch out for Scorches, Napalms etc, they can down you quickly at higher levels.

otherwise it's a question of getting stacks, and since they made it so kills in Larva grant the Nidus stacks even if someone else gets the kill, Stacks are easier to get than ever. personally I also run his 4 augment for the 60% chance at extra stacks while his ult is active, yet to try his new aug which caps at 200 stacks but it's probably much better. my nidus doesn't die.. he makes other things die. 

Am 21.6.2021 um 04:51 schrieb AziSlays:

actually it's very strong. where are you playing??? devs have built in very bad tracking for enemies. if you run left / right / slide, then they hardly hit at all. i can play almost anywhere on SP with all warframes with 400 health.

or you can take armor arcane LOL ... but you don't want to stand ... for afk there are inaros with healing pets

13 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

The facts where your waifu isn't the new immortal hotness anymore but still very immortal have nothing to do with your opinion of those facts.

Their kits literally do not function the same, or even similarly at all. I don't see how Nidus is invalidated by a frame that shares none of Nidus' capabilities. The only similarity between them is they can both ignore death in some way. Sevagoth needs to kill things in a set amount of time, Nidus needs to have stacks already built up from a highly spammable ability. Gee, one of those sounds a lot more reliable than the other...

3 hours ago, AziSlays said:

Their kits literally do not function the same, or even similarly at all. I don't see how Nidus is invalidated by a frame that shares none of Nidus' capabilities. The only similarity between them is they can both ignore death in some way. Sevagoth needs to kill things in a set amount of time, Nidus needs to have stacks already built up from a highly spammable ability. Gee, one of those sounds a lot more reliable than the other...

I dunno, they both sound decently reliable.

Hell, in most cases, I'd say, provided you don't have 3 Saryns turning the area into a fallout zone, that Sev is the more manageable immortal Frame of the two.

1 hour ago, Dar.Karon said:

I dunno, they both sound decently reliable.

Hell, in most cases, I'd say, provided you don't have 3 Saryns turning the area into a fallout zone, that Sev is the more manageable immortal Frame of the two.

I mean, I haven't played in over a year, but if someone's after immortality, isn't it just Inaros + Arcane Grace and laugh your way to the bank? 

33 minutes ago, Paradoxity said:

I mean, I haven't played in over a year, but if someone's after immortality, isn't it just Inaros + Arcane Grace and laugh your way to the bank? 

You aren't entirely wrong, but Inaros needs a bit more than that to survive high-level content like you think.

And also, Inaros is the easy answer to immortality. His gameplay loop leaves much to be desired, however, and his abilities range from decent to actually useless.

25 minutes ago, Dar.Karon said:

You aren't entirely wrong, but Inaros needs a bit more than that to survive high-level content like you think.

And also, Inaros is the easy answer to immortality. His gameplay loop leaves much to be desired, however, and his abilities range from decent to actually useless.

Well yeah. I mean, unless he got a complete overhaul IIRC it's mod to stack health and armor, use his... 4? to get additional armor and status effect resist or something and then just truck on with arcane pops to keep you going. 

Bearing in mind I always found Inaros boring as all hell and preferred Nidus and Garuda. 

1 hour ago, Paradoxity said:

Well yeah. I mean, unless he got a complete overhaul IIRC it's mod to stack health and armor, use his... 4? to get additional armor and status effect resist or something and then just truck on with arcane pops to keep you going. 

Bearing in mind I always found Inaros boring as all hell and preferred Nidus and Garuda. 

I mean, fair. I enjoy Inaros simply for the "You know what? #*!% this and #*!% you. I don't care about any of y'alls, I'm here to get my affinity/loot and get out, and if you try to kill me, well good luck." attitude bringing him gives. You know if someone brings an Inaros to a mission, they won't need your help any time soon, and you probably won't die for the next eternity, since he'll show up out of nowhere at the last moment to rez you.

4 minutes ago, Dar.Karon said:

You know if someone brings an Inaros to a mission, they won't need your help any time soon, and you probably won't die for the next eternity, since he'll show up out of nowhere at the last moment to rez you.

I wish this were always true...I've had far too many occasions where me going Unga-Bunga as Excalibur Umbra managed to outlast some of the Inaros I've run into.

Granted it isn't often that even happend, but it has and going down before an Excalibur has to be some sort of mark of shame among Inaros players.

Archived