Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva liches don't break your spine anymore ;-;

Doraz_

I did it all on release ...

i made one now just for fun.

I liked that experience ... i can't have it in real life i guess without painful repercussions.

Can't we implement a "super Hard Lich Mode" maybe done by the tenno performing a ritual to spawn a lich that:

1) breaks your spine

2) has a super damaging weapon with all osrts of buffs

3) has exclusive rare ephemeras and quirks to gun ( like Destiny 2)

4) ... and that we can romance at the end?

thank you <3

26 minutes ago, Emolition said:

Yeah I miss the back breaker liches are just boring now the laughing lich just feel really stupid  im really scared when he laught so much scarier then dying.

cool ... then i'm not the only one :D

I really enjoyed that personal relationship ... through time, banter, fights cinematics ... Steve or who spearheaded the thing was really right about this system

only, what i guess is an even harder task is to find a way to integrate this seamlessly into what Warframe is.

Same for Railjack ... although i loved and am excited about it as well :)

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Ok?

Like .... think of the possibilities!

They can roam the orbiter, maybe they go on a mission with you or on their own, gift you something every day or week.

Say stuff ... funny, innuendos, silly stuff ... of all the things that DE added to the game, this would be the least lore-breaking of them all xD

You can even have multiple liches roaming about ....

... one cleans the orbiter, another takes care of the pets, another one "calibrates the main gun"

really ... this is what Warframe needs

2 minutes ago, Grimm said:

i saw a player a only a day or two ago having trouble with his lich and the thing was still doing the back breaker animation. 

mmmm ....

maybe .... ah, maybe the lich does the break animation only when failing at the last card ???

that might be it .... i'm thankfully playing right now <3 so i can confitm this in about a few minutes ... if i don't get it first try :p

2 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

maybe .... ah, maybe the lich does the break animation only when failing at the last card ???

he was not attempting, he didnt have enough damage to break a health bar as he was built gas (his lichs resistance) because his lichs weakness was heat, toxin and slash, so he was doing very little damage as well as being very weak in the first place, allowing more time for the lich to preform the interaction, because you have to be up close to the lich for them to initiated the grab animation. 

5 minutes ago, Grimm said:

he was not attempting, he didnt have enough damage to break a health bar as he was built gas (his lichs resistance) because his lichs weakness was heat, toxin and slash, so he was doing very little damage as well as being very weak in the first place, allowing more time for the lich to preform the interaction, because you have to be up close to the lich for them to initiated the grab animation. 

That's just their grab melee attack. They used to have a special back-break animation that just instakilled you for failing to guess the correct combination. That got removed because too many players complained about how annoying the instakill was.

7 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

They used to have a special back-break animation that just instakilled you for failing to guess the correct combination. That got removed because too many players complained about how annoying the instakill was.

i know, its the same animation, and still kills you if you arent tanky, like most people werent back then, 

If they ever did bring the lich's back-break attack, then it should be integrated into the fight itself where the player is able to actively counter/dodge it in some form instead of having the reversed russian roulette bs that it was originally.  That was the problem with it imo: not that it killed you, but that it killed you purely based on RNG.

5 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Warframe needs are not your needs... If you feel the need to romance a lich to feel complete then~ I don't know what to tell you.

No no tenno .... I'm religious, i'm already complete :3

these suggestions/ideas just highlight that for all that Warframe does, there's so much more that it doesn't.

In my eyes it's interesting, as an outside observer, to see that tendency of making a game the " every-game" that does everything.

BUT, that " everything " inevitably ends up being the same hekking thing in all games xD

... instead, that sentiment can be expressed by adding stuff, yes, but stuff that is unique  .... like those interactions with liches, silly stuff.

That way, that sentiment is still expressed, not repressed like many i see ask DE, to " stick to Warframe formula ", that i share for the most part, but still lets the game grow in a way that actually adds choice and value, from a "costumer" perspective, as our games are much more diverse.

which is indeed a good thing ... as long as we are free to choose the games we play and support :D

2 minutes ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

If they ever did bring the lich's back-break attack, then it should be integrated into the fight itself where the player is able to actively counter/dodge it in some form instead of having the reversed russian roulette bs that it was originally.  That was the problem with it imo: not that it killed you, but that it killed you purely based on RNG.

Exactly! i agree completely, and i was sad that they removed it ( i assume, still fighting my new lich) because it was just cool.

A quicktime event?

mmm ... it makes sense ... you would instead of what it is now, just pressing a button to use parazon, have a quicktime event where we have to click attack at the right time.

the circle would have 3 areas:

miss= you miss the attack and the parazon fails even if the mod is correct

hit but not perfect= if mod is correct the animation plays as if it was perfect. if incorrect you quickly escape

precise hit= ( smaller inside the hit area ) if the mod is right, the lich loses 50 percent of health when finished, if mod is wrong you just quickly escape as the normal hit

Thing is, the seem to be going for "streamline" and " least attrition" experience, plus the current system is functional, so they are un-likely to do anything.

PLUS SIDE OF THIS SYSTEM!

In such a system, you could actually make that if the player knows all three requiems, the quicktime events can be executed one after the other :D

skipping the bossfight ( most of it )

This way, the experience overall being slower and more involved, would require an even beefier lich ... which i woudl totally welcome!

At the moment they are just flimsy pignatas.

4 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Descripción no disponible.

What a horrible day to have eyes

was i the only one who fell in love with the argonian female dock worker?

same thing ... I just appreciate interacting with games in a way that isn't " leave no survivors! " ... it's all about the personality, and DE did a good job on some of them

hopeefully corpus liches are fun as well

A ritual recreating an anime scene with drunk Kela and Miku Octavia.

But who wouldn't rather romance the broken-intact spine than a Kuva Lich?

But points 1-3 are legit, everything that adds (optional)difficulty is a good addition for this game.

9 hours ago, Grimm said:

i know, its the same animation, and still kills you if you arent tanky, like most people werent back then, 

I recently had my back broken and was killed by it. I don’t miss the failed attempt insta-kill at all, but I am glad the animation is still there because it is downright brutal when I die to it

12 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

I did it all on release ...

i made one now just for fun.

I liked that experience ... i can't have it in real life i guess without painful repercussions.

Can't we implement a "super Hard Lich Mode" maybe done by the tenno performing a ritual to spawn a lich that:

1) breaks your spine

2) has a super damaging weapon with all osrts of buffs

3) has exclusive rare ephemeras and quirks to gun ( like Destiny 2)

4) ... and that we can romance at the end?

thank you <3

12 hours ago, Emolition said:

Yeah I miss the back breaker liches are just boring now the laughing lich just feel really stupid  im really scared when he laught so much scarier then dying.

12 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

cool ... then i'm not the only one :D

I really enjoyed that personal relationship ... through time, banter, fights cinematics ... Steve or who spearheaded the thing was really right about this system

only, what i guess is an even harder task is to find a way to integrate this seamlessly into what Warframe is.

Same for Railjack ... although i loved and am excited about it as well :)

I don't for one reason, and one reason only:
It punished you as a  mechanic for no other reason than not getting the right mod in the right spot and forcing a delay on continuing the mission.  It felt atrocious for a non-masochist.

Though a close second reason reason was that it would outright kill you, period, even while you were using Nyx's Absorb with Assimilate.

And the only good lich is a dead lich.

8 hours ago, Opyt said:

It punished you as a  mechanic for no other reason than not getting the right mod in the right spot

but ... that's just life ;-;

... and a lucky one to be quite honest, lol

Joking aside, i agree with you, that is indeed a bad mechanic and the removal was the right choice. Only a shame that the current system feels a little less involved, cinematic and different from the usual gameplay ... which for all its flaws, the original implementation of liches, and even the non-release months-long relationship with you lich was gaing to nail perfectly.

Maybe an alternative implementation would have been the liches just dropping the blueprint for their weapon, they escape and can be re-encountered as you kill more liches.

Thus, liches can be a limited amount, not infinite and procedurally generated.

They can be real fully fledged NPC with a story, quirks, lore ...

Maybe in my game :D that's defenitely the way I'd go about it.

Even solves the problem of Procedural generation, that can be done by me in Engine, and back the entire model in the build.

Currently, IF ( and i wish the WF devs found another solution!) the textures of those liches are Atlas-ed togheter, we might be loading the entire permutation of a whole sets of armor in VRAM when we could only load the ones of the part the lich actually uses xD

Maybe that's why loading ( at least for my hard drive ) was so stuttery at release .... now it seems to be way faster.

20 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

A quicktime event?

No.
No QTE bullS#&amp;&#036;, bosses are already effectively wait basted QTEs.

Just make it a clear attack with tight hitbox that either has a good windup or can be broken/rolled out of, just as the specials per class of the uruks from shadow of mordor/war that the liches are a terrible knockoff copied from a ripped blueprint of a west taiwan copy of the original of.

Archived