Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why is rumbled so bleh?

Dairaion

it has no interaction with the rest of Atlas' abilities. it should either it's really strange considering how new atlas is in the scheme of things.

It has a time limit

it has a low armor amount

it restricts your jumping

it forces you to use incredibly weak attacks.

considering how much more useful the destraction of two rumblers is why didn't they make it a more, involved? mod. literally reversing one of those negatives or increasing the max rubble count by it's armor would be enough.

I was like ah this thread rearing its ugly head again. 

only to find out it was a conclave mod just now. Holy hell it explains SO much.

This mod had so much potential but it was designed for conclave ffs fml

I mean the status immunity on its own is already really great. Slash and gas procs be murdering me sometimes. Its still better than icy avalanche. You can hardly get a decent armor health on that mod.

p.s I just looked up the mod on wiki. The stone throwing scales off on mods. For high level stuff yeah its gonna be useless. And apparently the Sibear's heavy attack gives a flat 50% status. If you cast rumbled before the buff it lasts for the duration of rumbled. That seems to have great synergy with landslide. I'm about to test this out.

9 minutes ago, PiercingRhino said:

I mean the status immunity on its own is already really great. Slash and gas procs be murdering me sometimes. Its still better than icy avalanche. You can hardly get a decent armor health on that mod.

p.s I just looked up the mod on wiki. The stone throwing scales off on mods. For high level stuff yeah its gonna be useless. And apparently the Sibear's heavy attack gives a flat 50% status. If you cast rumbled before the buff it lasts for the duration of rumbled. That seems to have great synergy with landslide. I'm about to test this out.

don't waste your time, it's like wearing a fat suit and being attacked by people with baseball bats, eventually the bats always win.

It sounded great on paper. Be the Rumber? awesome! 
And then i found out you cant do much aside from throw rocks and waddle around. 

It could have had some interesting synergy with Landslide if Landslide didnt already have invulnerability phases. 

It could at least have some sort of interaction with Rubble. Its just such a pointless mod outside of some reaaaaally niche builds for now lol. 

48 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

don't waste your time, it's like wearing a fat suit and being attacked by people with baseball bats, eventually the bats always win.

sigh yea it was pretty bad. The armor didnt even last on steel path long enough to take advantage of the status immunity. I wish it could have been good and that the golem looked cooler. Its just a bunch of clumped up rocks.

yeah, it definitely needs a rework.

- make the armour increase actually matter, or act as a stone skin that resists damage but chips away as it is attacked, until eventually you lose that much stone you're forced out of the ability (you'd need to facetank a LOT of damage for this ideally)

- allow full parkour movement, but maybe reduced running speed in the name of balance.

- while in rumbled, you can throw large and small rocks, or perform Landslide punches with melee. Large Rocks take longer to throw and scale based on your primary weapon damage + 200% additional damage , small rocks can be thrown faster and in rapid succession and scale based on your secondary weapon, plus another 100% damage. the extra damage is in case your guns aren't particularly strong. 

- thrown rocks deal impact damage and have a small AoE, so you don't tneed to have perfect accuracy, just a decent amount.

- if Rumbled is deactivated, Atlas breaks free from the stone and sends rocks in all directions to damage enemies.

10 hours ago, PiercingRhino said:

sigh yea it was pretty bad. The armor didnt even last on steel path long enough to take advantage of the status immunity. I wish it could have been good and that the golem looked cooler. Its just a bunch of clumped up rocks.

The bat always wins.

Thought i might share this but rumbled is not that bad for lich killing. I subsumed elemental ward to buff up the armor health and I was surviving a rank 5s finishers pretty well but yea other than that the mod still sucks pretty bad.

DE c'mon just let us bullet jump. Thats all this mod would need to be decent.

As predicted:

On 2019-01-26 at 8:11 PM, Kontrollo said:
On 2019-01-26 at 7:57 PM, Lakais said:

Why only those and not the larger inventory is what triggers my thoughts that there is a bit more to these mods on the developer back-end that we are not aware about. 

Might be, but I think it's mostly because no one asked for it, and maybe because they don't want to deal with the feedback. Let's be honest, the PvP mods aren't great in this PvE environment, where everything either has to scale exponentially or is considered (borderline) useless. There's simply not much to be gained from it.

Original request thread:

Although as we can see, they went through with it after all.

If you're not happy with it now (although @(PSN)Adometro above mentioned it's fine with some Helminth interaction):

• Try to find a way to change it so it gains additional scaling from something that is not available -- or rather, fixed -- in the PvP environment (don't forget there are abilities, too, although they're toned down). I'd wager it's more likely to be heard if it's easy to change.

• More importantly: post it in one of the Feedback subforums.

Archived