Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SE nerfs not going far enough?

Orokin

I would like to discuss if the community thinks these Steel Essence changes go far enough and to discuss additional solutions.

Not everyone has time to play hours of missions every day. It is simply not fair to the majority of the community. Exploiters are using Smeeta to buff the drops from steel essence. This is a huge problem and here are some ideas that could solve this

• Cap steel essence from regular missions to 15 daily to match up with incursions
  • Make it so Smeeta cannot buff steel essence pickups to remove this unintended behavior of doubling steel essence
  • Do not allow Smeeta on steel path. Who knows what else this thing can do.
  • Fix the bug where Charm can stack multiple times
  • Make it so charm only applies once to the next affinity or resource that you get, and then goes away
  • Cap riven rolls to one per day per riven

With these in place, the game will be a more fair playing ground. Not everyone wants to optimize or think, I just want to play incursions with my Wukong and zip zoop to extraction skipping the entire mission (the intended way to farm steel essence). 

Regardless, I'd just like to thank DE for the changes they already have planned and for keeping the player's best interest in mind.

6 minutes ago, Orokin said:

Cap riven rolls to one per day per riven

Thems fighting words. Rolling rivens ONCE a day? That is just absurd levels of thinking. If people want to splurge 100k kuva or more on one riven they really want to they've been saving up to reroll. Its their hard earned kuva and should be allowed to spend it how they see fit. The ability to only reroll once a day per riven literally would mean it'd take potentially well more than a month+ to spend any kuva on one riven alone to try to get a roll you'd like. Not everyone wants to spend a good part of a year for things like that. What made you think that was a good idea, like at all?

1 minute ago, Cmdr-A said:

Thems fighting words. Rolling rivens ONCE a day? That is just absurd levels of thinking. If people want to splurge 100k kuva or more on one riven they really want to they've been saving up to reroll. Its their hard earned kuva and should be allowed to spend it how they see fit. The ability to only reroll once a day per riven literally would mean it'd take potentially well more than a month+ to spend any kuva on one riven alone to try to get a roll you'd like. Not everyone wants to spend a good part of a year for things like that. What made you think that was a good idea, like at all?

The problem is that DE just have not found a way to solve the issue of riven RNG just yet like they did for kubrow colors. But they are working on it, in the meantime this would be an appropriate solution.

Yea i blew through 200k kuva in a single sitting to roll a riven and only got something mildly acceptable. Im not doing that over however many days that ends up being.

If people are farming kuva left right and sideways its their right and choice to do so. but to then turn around and tell them they can only roll once a day is a slap in the face

Just now, Zhoyzu said:

Yea i blew through 200k kuva in a single sitting to roll a riven and only got something mildly acceptable. Im not doing that over however many days that ends up being.

If people are farming kuva left right and sideways its their right and choice to do so. but to then turn around and tell them they can only roll once a day is a slap in the face

This would prevent that from ever happening. What about the players who don't want to spend a long time getting 200k kuva? 3500 is enough for one day

16 minutes ago, Orokin said:

I just want to play incursions with my Wukong and zip zoop to extraction skipping the entire mission (the intended way to farm steel essence). 

I think we've got some bait on our hands, boys and girls.

6 minutes ago, Orokin said:

The problem is that DE just have not found a way to solve the issue of riven RNG just yet like they did for kubrow colors. But they are working on it, in the meantime this would be an appropriate solution.

Rivens ARE RNG. its RNG on RNG on RNG with up to 4 RNG slots to be RNG'd while RNGing.

Making it take years to acquire a half decent riven isnt a level playing field. With the exception no one uses riven anymore. Which would also then drive up any existing riven prices as its unlikely any more are to ever exist within a reasonable time frame.

1 minute ago, Orokin said:

This would prevent that from ever happening. What about the players who don't want to spend a long time getting 200k kuva? 3500 is enough for one day

how is it that years sounds better to you than a few days of grinding.

Edit: and if they dont want to farm it they dont have too. If they werent going to farm it to do several rolls in a single sitting they sure as hell arent going to roll it once a day for 4 years.

*MINDBLOWN*

1 minute ago, Kraethius said:

I think we've got some bait on our hands, boys and girls.

The Acolyte changes as a whole are in a positive direction. Whether you want to accept that or not is on you.

2 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

Rivens ARE RNG. its RNG on RNG on RNG with up to 4 RNG slots to be RNG'd while RNGing.

Making it take years to acquire a half decent riven isnt a level playing field. With the exception no one uses riven anymore. Which would also then drive up any existing riven prices as its unlikely any more are to ever exist within a reasonable time frame.

Rivens are NOT MANDATORY. If you don't like them, don't use them, don't farm for them, don't complain about them. Simple mkay?

3 minutes ago, Orokin said:

Rivens are NOT MANDATORY. If you don't like them, don't use them, don't farm for them, don't complain about them. Simple mkay?

exactly, dont use rivens instead of forcing people to wait years. if you dont like them dont use them. this seems like an issue you really shouldnt have made a thread for. Simple mkay?

This is a complete non-issue. People exploiting SE farms isn't detrimental to other players and prices aren't adjusted to align with the amount said people are getting. There is no reason to add any additional changes as the 5 minute timer already addresses the exploit itself.

If anything DE should just axe the smeeta stacking outright as this isn't the first nor will it be the last farm that players try to rng exploit this way.

2 minutes ago, Orokin said:

Not mandatory, yet you want to fundamentally change how other players can interact with them? Funny that. You realize if these changes were implemented, it'd literally destabilize the entire warframe market right? Majority of platinum spread throughout the WF economy is via riven trading for the most part I'd imagine given how large the trading market is for them. If theres next to no good rivens to be sold out there, less people will be incentivized to purchase platinum from DE to trade for rivens. And the good roll rivens for sale will become higher in price like the riven mafia days. Rivens are, for better or for worse a thing that helps support the game from people purchasing platinum. You change a major aspect of what helps pay the bills, you'll end up hurting the game.

2 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

Not mandatory, yet you want to fundamentally change how other players can interact with them? Funny that. You realize if these changes were implemented, it'd literally destabilize the entire warframe market right? Majority of platinum spread throughout the WF economy is via riven trading for the most part I'd imagine given how large the trading market is for them. If theres next to no good rivens to be sold out there, less people will be incentivized to purchase platinum from DE to trade for rivens. And the good roll rivens for sale will become higher in price like the riven mafia days. Rivens are, for better or for worse a thing that helps support the game from people purchasing platinum. You change a major aspect of what helps pay the bills, you'll end up hurting the game.

Rivens are not about money. DE said they were made to balance weaker weapons and bring them up to par with the better weapons, not for money. It also gives veteran players something to do. 

Just now, Orokin said:

Please keep the discussion on topic, your fish images are not on topic

So you are telling them you really are serious about all this? 

Because they were actually giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you were doing this for the lulz. 

But man... if you are serious, how can I count all the ways your ideas are objectively bad? 

Your ideas are basically stating "those with more time in a day to play than me should be punished/artificially limited, so someone like me with limited playing time doesn't get outstripped". 

Do you realize how silly that sounds? Should I really need to explain any further why your ideas are bad, when they are all based on that terrible premise? 

Those with more time in the day get to grind more resources than you. That's how life works. You have more time to invest in something, you get more stuff from it. 

This is one of the most silly topics I have ever read, and we don't need to entertain it any further, because DE would never do any of it. 

These OPs never stop and think why they have to defend their ideas that hard from people.

I mean, if people start shouting at you on the street, would you not freak out and try to figure out what's wrong with you? 

One person disagreeing? feel free to fight him, bruh. But plenty of people disagreeing, I'd take a second long hard look at my ideas....

==============

Fish images are the most on topic things in this whole sub-forum.

53 minutes ago, Orokin said:
  • Cap steel essence from regular missions to 15 daily to match up with incursions. This will remove the incentivize for Steel Path Endurance runners.
  • Make it so Smeeta cannot buff steel essence pickups to remove this unintended behavior of doubling steel essence. Essence doubling is an intended feature.
  • Do not allow Smeeta on steel path. Who knows what else this thing can do. Companion lock for certain content is an awful idea.
  • Fix the bug where Charm can stack multiple times Bugfixes are fine.
  • Make it so charm only applies once to the next affinity or resource that you get, and then goes away. Delete Smeeta from the game while at it. /s
  • Cap riven rolls to one per day per riven. Are you mad ?!

No No No GIF

However, I'd love to have more than 5 daily Incursions with increased Steel Essence rewards for more casual essence farm.

Edit : Just noticed OP's name. As you can guess, only an Orokin would have come up with ideas that are as bad as these.

48 minutes ago, Orokin said:

I would like to discuss if the community thinks these Steel Essence changes go far enough and to discuss additional solutions.

Not everyone has time to play hours of missions every day. It is simply not fair to the majority of the community. Exploiters are using Smeeta to buff the drops from steel essence. This is a huge problem and here are some ideas that could solve this

• Cap steel essence from regular missions to 15 daily to match up with incursions
  • Make it so Smeeta cannot buff steel essence pickups to remove this unintended behavior of doubling steel essence
  • Do not allow Smeeta on steel path. Who knows what else this thing can do.
  • Fix the bug where Charm can stack multiple times
  • Make it so charm only applies once to the next affinity or resource that you get, and then goes away
  • Cap riven rolls to one per day per riven

With these in place, the game will be a more fair playing ground. Not everyone wants to optimize or think, I just want to play incursions with my Wukong and zip zoop to extraction skipping the entire mission (the intended way to farm steel essence). 

Regardless, I'd just like to thank DE for the changes they already have planned and for keeping the player's best interest in mind.

These are so ridiculous I just assume you're trolling.

37 minutes ago, Orokin said:

Not everyone has time to play hours of missions every day.

Everyone has 24 hours a day.

However, everyone have different commitments like school, work, family etc.

I used to have the kind of free time to play 12 hours a day.

But I don't now, due to work and wife.

I do not at all envy my pervious state.

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

So you are telling them you really are serious about all this? 

Because they were actually giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you were doing this for the lulz. 

But man... if you are serious, how can I count all the ways your ideas are objectively bad? 

Your ideas are basically stating "those with more time in a day to play than me should be punished/artificially limited, so someone like me with limited playing time doesn't get outstripped". 

Do you realize how silly that sounds? Should I really need to explain any further why your ideas are bad, when they are all based on that terrible premise? 

Those with more time in the day get to grind more resources than you. That's how life works. You have more time to invest in something, you get more stuff from it. 

This is one of the most silly topics I have ever read, and we don't need to entertain it any further, because DE would never do any of it. 

Sorry, but you are probably one of the SE exploiters I don't think you have anything to contribute to this conversation. Go play your hour long missions, you are lucky DE doesn't do something about people that play for that long. Hopefully DE implements some of these changes so you cannot continue to ruin the game and everybody else's fun.

12 minutes ago, Orokin said:

Rivens are not about money. DE said they were made to balance weaker weapons and bring them up to par with the better weapons, not for money. It also gives veteran players something to do. 

You must be joking? DE has not implement a single tradable item into the game that did not have the purpose of making money, if their true purpose was to bring this so called balance they would not be tradeable

Just now, Orokin said:

Sorry, but you are probably one of the SE exploiters I don't think you have anything to contribute to this conversation. Go play your hour long missions, you are lucky DE doesn't do something about people that play for that long. Hopefully DE implements some of these changes so you cannot continue to ruin the game and everybody else's fun.

1) Try again, using logic and/or arguments this time. 

2) Your ad hominem attack falls like water off a ducks back. I don't run endurance, I don't enjoy it. 

But your ideas are bad, and completely indefensible, and so far you have offered no good defense for them besides "Other players who have more time than me should have their grind artificially limited". 

And that's not an argument, that's just selfish entitlement. 

What you get is based on the time and effort you put into it. Others with more time and effort to put in will get more than you. That's how everything is and will be in life. It's a harsh lesson you are better off learning now, through videogames. Others can and will surpass you in life if you don't spend as much time as them, and no one is going to artificially block them so you can catch up. Good life lesson in general. The world moves on without you, and you get back what you give out. 

2 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

You must be joking? DE has not implement a single tradable item into the game that did not have the purpose of making money, if their true purpose was to bring this so called balance they would not be tradeable

This is just pure delusion, I'm sorry to say. Of course they have to make money, but their priority #1 is fairness to the player. If you don't believe me then you haven't been around long enough to see what they did to Kubrow colors.

Archived