Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Derelict Survival

Amistyrja

Timer in Survival hit zero and was unable to use any Life Support Capsules. Extraction was also impossible since timer froze at 3:08. Sure that would have been fine and all, just another bug in this buggy game. Best part is that it was after I opened a Vault using one of my keys, and after mission finally ended the Key was lost. Been busy screaming at the windows and doors for a bit before I posted this because they don't shout back. Please make it such that expended Dragon Keys during the mission are not used if the mission fails for some weird reason because please don't forget that THEY NEED A @(*()$ VOID KEY TO BUILD.

Yeah it's a beta and all so sure, I'll just hope that this gets fixed and what happened to me won't have to happen to anyone else.

Thank you.

How can you only survive for 3 minutes?!

There's this particular room with multiple floors that you can climb by running up a winding branch. Frame rate was derping out as it always does in derelags, so I kept falling off and couldnt reach the capsule.

Main point of thread is to remind DE is to prevent Dragon Keys from being used if the mission fails or crashes

Also,you did use your key right,so it should disappear regardless.what if i use a few ammo restores and fail a mission,should i get em all back?They would be used from the same place the key would.

Edited by Hooride

not really sure what your calling a bug here op...

what is the bug?

The timer freezing, but I suppose that if oxygen somehow runs out before extraction is available you're 'supposed' to fail even if you don't die immediately(I stayed alive for a few mins using Blessing and duration mods)

Also,you did use your key right,so it should disappear regardless.what if i use a few ammo restores and fail a mission,should i get em all back?They would be used from the same place the key would.

That's not even a valid comparison. You use Ammo Restores, you get your benefits when your stuff gets replenished. When your Dragon Key is used, you receive absolutely no benefit until you reach extraction, and let's not forget how often people crash in the Derelags and the fact that each Dragon Key costs a Void Key to build. This should be addressed.

I get my benefitss from using my ammo restore only if i pass the level,you use a key and enter a vault,i use ammo restore and load a clip,any questions?same as the key,its a completely valid comparison.And the timer freezing isnt a bug,when oxygen runs out timer stops and no oxygen can  be used from that point on,and no one can survive after 2 mins more.Im sure you know it,but ill say it anyway.

I get my benefitss from using my ammo restore only if i pass the level,you use a key and enter a vault,i use ammo restore and load a clip,any questions?same as the key,its a completely valid comparison.And the timer freezing isnt a bug,when oxygen runs out timer stops and no oxygen can  be used from that point on,and no one can survive after 2 mins more.Im sure you know it,but ill say it anyway.

Only if you pass the level? Are you saying that ammo is only given when you complete the mission? Do you have any idea how much sense that makes? You use an ammo restore, you get ammo. Done. That's exactly what you paid for. No fine print or weird conditions. When it comes to a Dragon Key, you need to carry the unlocked Corrupted artifact to extraction to receive your benefit. It becomes like 'paying for a chance to unlock the vault which contains an artifact that won't be yours if derelag crashes(again) or you fail the mission'. That's what's wrong, and should be addressed. Enough content is locked behind grindwalls already, Void Keys have to be used to make Dragon Keys as they are and no one can choose which key is needed to open the Vault(DE forcing solo players to team up or eat sh!t) or which Corrupted artifact will be found. On top of all this, Derelags crash often for several players. The least that can be done is to make sure that if the Corrupted artifact fails to reach extraction, the Dragon Key is reimbursed.

The 'bug' in question was the timer freezing BEFORE extraction was available instead of an immediate 'Mission Failed' notice, but I can only assume that this was intended as DE probably prefers you to watch yourself die if you run out of oxygen.

What do you not understand about benefit?If i use  my ammo restores and fail the mission,it was a waste for me,because i got nothing for failing the mission,just how its supposed to be,i dont get those back.You say i get ammo right away, correct,Well you get an unlocked door right away.No matter how you dance around it,we all lose something for failing so why should yours be any diff.

Edited by Hooride

What do you not understand about benefit?If i use  my ammo restores and fail the mission,it was a waste for me,because i got nothing for failing the mission,just how its supposed to be,i dont get those back.You say i get ammo right away, correct,Well you get an unlocked door right away.No matter how you dance around it,we all lose something for failing so why should yours be any diff.

You use an ammo restore, you get ammo. Done. That's exactly what you paid for. No fine print or weird conditions. When it comes to a Dragon Key, you need to carry the unlocked Corrupted artifact to extraction to receive your benefit. It becomes like 'paying for a chance to unlock the vault which contains an artifact that won't be yours if derelag crashes(again) or you fail the mission'. That's what's wrong, and should be addressed. Enough content is locked behind grindwalls already, Void Keys have to be used to make Dragon Keys as they are and no one can choose which key is needed to open the Vault(DE forcing solo players to team up or eat sh!t) or which Corrupted artifact will be found. On top of all this, Derelags crash often for several players. The least that can be done is to make sure that if the Corrupted artifact fails to reach extraction, the Dragon Key is reimbursed.

I'd appreciate it if you at least, you know read my post since I make the effort to read yours.

Heres the very 1st sentence on the wiki about dragon keys word for word ,     "Dragon Key are craftable Void Keys that enable access to Orokin Vaults located in the Orokin Derlict."  so you got what you paid for when you unlocked the vault. build another key bro.

Heres the very 1st sentence on the wiki about dragon keys word for word ,     "Dragon Key are craftable Void Keys that enable access to Orokin Vaults located in the Orokin Derlict."  so you got what you paid for when you unlocked the vault. build another key bro.

So you finally realized that that was what I was talking about the entire time? Ignore the whole 'bug report' thing, I'm talking about the dragon key system as a whole.

I responded to all of your points the 1st time,then you try to downplay the issue about you should get your key back for failing,its a consumable just like an ammo restore,plain and simple.You just dont want it to be is all.And as far as the  bug issue,i responded and  said at the end that im sure you already know what i explained,you just  want it to be a bug,but no,its working as intended.Reread your own posts,then mine,so on,and say the same stuff over and still dont get it.  Its not a bug with the oxygen and timer,and youre not entitled to anything but an unlocked door regardless what you do.

Edited by Hooride

The timer freezing, but I suppose that if oxygen somehow runs out before extraction is available you're 'supposed' to fail even if you don't die immediately(I stayed alive for a few mins using Blessing and duration mods)

ok...

not a bug then.

working as intended.

and about the use of dragon key:

its a "gear", 1 use and its done.

also working as intended.

no real reason to change that either... and now that i think about it, its probably like that to prevent an exploit.

if people could use a key and it not count till after mission is over, you could duo (or however many) run any derelict and use a key, leave then come back and not be out a key, but still get the mod.

just deal with the fact that they took a scorched earth policy in this case.

if you do encounter an actual bug and you lose a dragon key, send a support ticket.

You just dont want it to be is all.

Thank you. The whole point is how the system works, and how badly it punishes players for derelag-related crashes and mission failure, when working for this content in general is already a problem as it is. Long-term goal is fine and all, but the way these keys work should be given more thought.

I responded to all of your points the 1st time,then you try to downplay the issue about you should get your key back for failing,its a consumable just like an ammo restore,plain and simple

Incorrect. I have not downplayed anything, and never explicitly asked for my key back. Consumable or not, if you look past my initial confusion about 'timer bug' my main gripe is with the way things work. Of course, this means that this thread is in the wrong section but I don't have the authority to move topics.

.And as far as the  bug issue,i responded and  said at the end that im sure you already know what i explained,you just  want it to be a bug,but no,its working as intended.Reread your own posts,then mine,so on,and say the same stuff over and still dont get it.

Pretty brave assumptions there, but incorrect. I never wanted anything to be a bug, and I'm trying to make you see past the problems you have with me and look at the problem I'm bringing up here. But yes, this is in the wrong section.

Its not a bug with the oxygen and timer

I think we've already made it clear that this has nothing to do with the timer, but the fact that the mission continued when I have essentially, failed.

ok...

not a bug then.

working as intended.

and about the use of dragon key:

its a "gear", 1 use and its done.

also working as intended.

no real reason to change that either... and now that i think about it, its probably like that to prevent an exploit.

if people could use a key and it not count till after mission is over, you could duo (or however many) run any derelict and use a key, leave then come back and not be out a key, but still get the mod.

I've calmed down a little after finding a Heavy Caliber. I think the fact that the Corrupted mod is only received at extraction prevents exploit, so player s won't unlock a vault, find out that the reward is one that they don't want and abort mission. As for the finding the vault first and telling a friend to bring the appropriate key, that's really a big smack in the face for solo players. I understand that group play is encouraged and rewarded and all, but this is really a major kick to players who don't have people to play with or hate the recruiting channel.

just deal with the fact that they took a scorched earth policy in this case.

Yeah. There are bigger problems with the game as a whole. I've done my part as a beta tester by bringing this concern up, it's up to them if they decide to work on making the Derelict Vault runs more playable.

I understand that group play is encouraged and rewarded and all, but this is really a major kick to players who don't have people to play with or hate the recruiting channel.

to be fair, i have at least 1 of all the corrupted mods and i got them all solo.

its a pain, i agree.

that said, the only other course of action is to (begrudgingly) allow cheating to run rampant while farming the corrupted mods.

to be fair, i have at least 1 of all the corrupted mods and i got them all solo.

its a pain, i agree.

that said, the only other course of action is to (begrudgingly) allow cheating to run rampant while farming the corrupted mods.

I salute your dedication and luck.

Well I suppose one thing that can be done is to make the Derelags more playable. Me and loads of my comrades have been suffering major FPS drops in the tileset and some often crash, if the missions were more playable they shouldn't be so much of a problem. I'll leave it to DE to figure that out though.

if your having that much of an issue...

turn down your settings.

turn off dx11.

turn on multithreading.

i hear turning off 64bit mode will help as well.

any number of those steps should/will help you/them.

I don't crash, but my fps dips are pretty bad. I'll give it a shot thanks.

Anyway, I suppose this thread has served its purpose, and it feels more like a way to voice my disappointment and discontent with the Corrupted mod system. Guess it's gone on long enough. Thanks for the responses.