Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you still watch WF youtubers?

Used to, initially for the info on how to play. I stopped watching everyone years ago when it became all clickbait view-farming and pretty much everyone either huffing about their personal entitlement or thinking they know so much better than anyone who develops games for a living.

For Warframe stuff I mostly just watch Shy and Brozime.  Brozime has been instrumental in my learning how to get better at the game and understand its systems, and Shy is just plain entertaining.  TacticalPotato tends to be pretty good as well, especially if I'm interested in learning about a weapon or build that Brozime hasn't covered since he's not doing that as much anymore.

But for the most part all of this is just for entertainment, I'm at a place where I'm confident that I can do any content with the skills and tools I already have, so the only reason to do something different is if it seems fun.

Nope. Never really did either.

I've watched a few videos here and there from creators that are pretty neutral and informative but a great deal of them seem to just be drama magnets that only whinge and moan about the game they play all day long. Complaining about every little thing and acting as if they know exactly what the game needs.

The ones i watched occasionally either got kind of bored of the game like me and stopped uploading or just stagnated because Warframe content isn't that deeply diverse after you've played it for a while.

The popular WF YT-ers, sometimes checked them for the lolz when they got recommended on YT or when people complained about them on the forum and that's about it.

Sometimes i check builds that i usually already have figured out, so i watch Relentless Zen, Leyzar, Ashisogi and some others, rarely.

Not much reason to look for Op builds in a game where currently almost everything is Op by default.

Not really no, I used to when I first started Warframe to get ideas for builds, but, as I learnt the game I started to rely on my own ideas and mod choices.

Then, most of them suddenly turned anti-Warframe and I totally lost interest in them.

I watch Shy because she's funny (or rather she used to be), BetterNamePending for the same reasons and Layzer because his ideas and builds are a lot like my own (good for comparisons)

That's about it.

I usually watch Shy for the lawls.

Triburous because his frame reviews are massively detailed to the point where he’s pointing out irrelevant issues that don’t matter and things that should genuinely be addressed.

And Brozime because he’s probably the most critical person of Warframe and DE that genuinely does it because he cares about the game improving and not just to get clout off the “Warframe is dying” train.

For relevant info, sure.

Like for the orphix venom, some guy uploaded a full rundown of how they were having to restart the map to RNG spawn "god rooms", I don't know if I would ever have figured that out.

I use everything available for information gathering.

Though for the whole skinny jeans twitch tv tipping war scene, with people super-imposing their face on screen and talking about themselves, I am definitely out.

Never subbed to anyone, tipped 1 cent my whole life, I don't leave likes or even log into youtube. Especially not now they want your credit card information, lol x 10,000.

On the rare occasion an adblocker malfunctions, I automatically react like a grenade just went off outside the house, superman dive to mute speakers or close browser, before I ever heard the first word.

People who want to listen to themselves talk and have their face on tv, ego validated is just not my thing, and I am definitely not going to pay them money for it, if anything, people who watch commercials should be paid to do so, probably with an added brain injury wage supplement bonus, thanks for frying your brain.

One thing I learned long ago is muting and skipping the crap intro, for some reason they always have some animation with 4000% volume playing in the beginning.

It's just a motor reflex now, I hear my brain going "skip the crap intro" when I click a video, so I don't know who anyone is, or how many subs they have or comment or anything.

Like wearing streamer glyphs in video games, the player pays money to advertise for someone else? What the f is this world coming to lol.

I am just there for the information, everything else is just shenanigans I don't get involved with.

I'm still subscribed to Tactical Potato.  Who is no longer a Warframe Partner, and seems to have possibly relocated to Twitch?  (Not sure, I don't watch Twitch much.)  He makes a new video once in a while, usually a summary of a Devstream or Dev Workshop.  I'm pretty sure he's no longer interested in doing anything like build guides.  (I would not be surprised to learn he got tired of getting nitpicked to death by "experts" who took issue with the non-meta-ness of his favorite builds or something.)

Other than that, and sometimes watching Devstreams, I don't watch Warframe videos.

despite my usual posting style i despise listening to youtubers being negative about warframe, but every once in a while it's the only way to be informed of a complex issue down to it's most minuscule aspects as only anger brings you that kind of focus.

other than that i watch very minor lore videos but otherwise avoid it generally. most of my time may have youtube on in the background but otherwise i avoid it.

I only watch meme people rn, I love to experiment with my builds myself.

So I watch Better Name Pending (PRIMED E), Shy (only occasionaly), Mr.Warframe Guy (JoJo Baruuk intensifies), and Zanagoth (despite him moving to other games). I stopped watching all the other youtubers's warframe content because they just became dramalords (used to respect Rahetalius, now I very much dislike his vids, looking back at it (except some)).

So if I ever watch someone like Ashisogi I'd do it for the cringe-inducing comedy.

I watch LeyzarGamingViews and GrindHardSquad since their videos are useful or fun. Or both.

I occasionally watch some of the other salty ones just to remind myself how dumb these people really are and how sad their lives must be. Then I read the comment section and revel in the collective misery that they put out. "Ohh no DE sucks because XYZ", "They nerfed this boohoo".

Most WF YT is trash and I avoid almost all of it. I don't have much time or energy to play WF recently but, I'll still occasionally check a few people to see what new stuff they've put out or watch a stream if I'm feeling lazy or need some background noise/entertainment while I play.  

I liked watching Relentless Zen. He put a lot of effort into his videos and wasn't just pumping out clickbait for views. He's a pretty entertaining streamer that can hold a conversation while he's playing. He also works on videos while streaming so it's neat to see a "behind the scenes" making of a video that shows how many hours actually go into a 10 minute video. 

I watched a bunch of AznvasionsPlays because he's a crazy good hunter. He does cool off meta stuff, I started watching him when I found a 6x3 melee dps and 6x3 with 6 frames videos. I don't hunt often but I can pick up a lot of tricks watching someone that knows what they're doing. 

Another streamer I watched a bunch was Aznitrous. She's speaks 4 languages fluently on stream. IDK, being able to keep up on chat and hold conversations in multiple languages while still playing was just impressive and entertaining to me.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

they actually play other games and don't fall into the trap other creators get in to which is do nothing but WF and never branch out 

As a person who actually have tried getting into youtube, the algorithm do punish new creators who tries to branch.

Heck, even a much larger creator i know (500k+ subs) was always depressed everytime he tried branching, and statistics tanked. Mind you, people with that kind of subs are basically experts at everything. He literally bought a house with his youtube money.

Back to topic, i only watch warframe on youtube for straight up how-to guides. I don't follow personalities. Unless it's binging with babish. I'll watch whatever that guy make, even if I'll never cook the dish.

i watch zita wup sure he dont show of his builds and uploads rarely but he posts stuff that are more comedy based like the time he tested the hemlith by giving every frame fire walker ability with hemlith coz hydroid (water) and fire walker (fire) can work???

think wf on youtube could use more comedy or meme uploads as other games have their own memes red vs blue (halo) or "the heavy is dead" (team fortress 2) what does this game have on youtube that inspire people to look this up on youtube if they are not looking for meta builds?

As many of the posts here imply, Warframe has a terrible YouTube presence. People get a lot of their opinions and gameplay decisions from YouTubers, so when the majority of YouTube personalities covering this game are constantly complaining (Gaz, Brozime, Rahetalius), it's no wonder people are regurgitating the same complaints with very little thought behind them. There are the meme YouTubers (Shy or Mr. Warframe Guy) , but their uploads are less common, whether that be due to lack of content, editing time, or disinterest in the game. Genuinely informative YouTubers exist, but their viewership usually drops off as people don't need the information as they learn the game. The only consistent YouTube representation on Warframe is a bunch of whining manchildren.

There are YouTubers I'd personally recommend though: Tactical Potato is consistent, informative, entertaining, and not often controversial. The meme YouTubers I mentioned are always enjoyable to watch. Two Star Players and Xandypants are both pretty underrated, but make really useful videos (and Xandy's presentation is amazing). NeoNess07 is helpful for trading advice, if you are interested in that sort of thing. And there are some creators that I don't personally watch, but aren't bad as far as I know. Ashisogi Tenno, OriginalWickedFun, LeyzarGamingViews, or Triburos come to mind.

YouTubers I would not recommend include: Brozime, Rahetalius, Gaz TTV, and Grind Hard Squad (not toxic, but clickbaity). Everyone else you can watch at your own discretion, but these ones are, in my opinion, really bad, especially for players that are new to Warframe.

I used to watch gaz ttv, and would if it’s a video Im interested in. Other than that I don’t watch any, simply because I find they go in one of three directions. Either they go constantly about Warframe, praising it and claiming they’re the one true god who knows all about the game, nag on the game way to much (which gaz can do sometimes to be fair), or branch out and sort of give up on warframe. Most who keep warframe as the main part of their channel tend to do the former sadly, though some do go the latter route. Simply put, I don’t have the time or patience to listen to some guy with 48 viewers nag on me about how his reaper prime build is superior to my basic build for the same weapon, and go point by point explaining why my builds garbage. I’ll play the way I want, and I don’t want to hear some random guy explain why I’m not playing the right way. While everyone, including myself, has said something like that there’s a difference between some guy in the in game chat vs a WF content creator. Plus, they always seem like they’re paid to promote the game. Simply put, I have a lack of interest in those people.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

As many of the posts here imply, Warframe has a terrible YouTube presence. People get a lot of their opinions and gameplay decisions from YouTubers, so when the majority of YouTube personalities covering this game are constantly complaining (Gaz, Brozime, Rahetalius), it's no wonder people are regurgitating the same complaints with very little thought behind them. There are the meme YouTubers (Shy or Mr. Warframe Guy) , but their uploads are less common, whether that be due to lack of content, editing time, or disinterest in the game. Genuinely informative YouTubers exist, but their viewership usually drops off as people don't need the information as they learn the game. The only consistent YouTube representation on Warframe is a bunch of whining manchildren.

There are YouTubers I'd personally recommend though: Tactical Potato is consistent, informative, entertaining, and not often controversial. The meme YouTubers I mentioned are always enjoyable to watch. Two Star Players and Xandypants are both pretty underrated, but make really useful videos (and Xandy's presentation is amazing). NeoNess07 is helpful for trading advice, if you are interested in that sort of thing. And there are some creators that I don't personally watch, but aren't bad as far as I know. Ashisogi Tenno, OriginalWickedFun, LeyzarGamingViews, or Triburos come to mind.

YouTubers I would not recommend include: Brozime, Rahetalius, Gaz TTV, and Grind Hard Squad (not toxic, but clickbaity). Everyone else you can watch at your own discretion, but these ones are, in my opinion, really bad, especially for players that are new to Warframe.

Ay, GHS makes good and fun content. He never cries or whines. He just makes vids about specific builds or how to do something. Some of his titles do have a bit of click bait in them, but honestly it's not that bad. Most of his vids do exactly what he says. It's not as bas as League of Legends streamers.

He also has the best music :D

14 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Ay, GHS makes good and fun content. He never cries or whines. He just makes vids about specific builds or how to do something. Some of his titles do have a bit of click bait in them, but honestly it's not that bad. Most of his vids do exactly what he says. It's not as bas as League of Legends streamers.

(GHS in a nutshell)

Video Title: This (Insert Warframe name here) build is unstoppable!

*Footage shows them dying within the first five minutes of a Steel Path Survival.*

Also, if I ever hear that obnoxiously loud "This is the future" song one more time, I'm gonna drown a sack of Kubrows!

20 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I might be a bit more biased against GHS just because I find his content to be so lifeless. Most of the Helminth combos are pretty bland (not to say they're bad. They perform well), his presentation is repetitive, and you can tell his text-to-speech script was typed poorly (although English might not be his first language). These 2 things, combined with the clickbait, give me the impression that the video was just thrown out there to be consistent, and that's never the impression you want on your audience. Compared to the others I mentioned, he's not controversial, and can be somewhat helpful, but IMO his builds don't inspire creative buildcraft the way that Xandypants does.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but the music being the same every time also contributes to that overall feeling of factory made content.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I might be a bit more biased against GHS just because I find his content to be so lifeless. Most of the Helminth combos are pretty bland (not to say they're bad. They perform well), his presentation is repetitive, and you can tell his text-to-speech script was typed poorly (although English might not be his first language). These 2 things, combined with the clickbait, give me the impression that the video was just thrown out there to be consistent, and that's never the impression you want on your audience. Compared to the others I mentioned, he's not controversial, and can be somewhat helpful, but IMO his builds don't inspire creative buildcraft the way that Xandypants does.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but the music being the same every time also contributes to that overall feeling of factory made content.

Not untrue. I have not watched Xandypants I think. Maybe give that a swing.

The music GHS tried to change a couple times. But the fanbase kept begging him to change it back to the original So... :)

Archived