Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you still watch WF youtubers?

When I first started out iFlynn and Ashisogi were my go-to channels, but I hardly watch any of them anymore.

Brozime sucks, but can at least be a decent news source with his devstream summaries. Two I really can’t stand are GHS and Knightmare Frame. Every. Single. Video. is some variation of “New OP build kill level 9999”...just so unoriginal.

That said, Xandypants is by far my favorite WF YouTuber out there. Super knowledgeable dude, unfortunately he doesn’t post that often and when he does his videos are usually very niche. If he made more generalized content I would still watch his stuff.

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Xandypants is by far my favorite WF YouTuber out there. Super knowledgeable dude, unfortunately he doesn’t post that often and when he does his videos are usually very niche.

Me: "I'd love to see some interesting build ideas for X. Something that will really intrigue me".

Xandy: Behold! Sandwich buildcraft!

I still watch Trib & the memes channels like Zita Wup & MrWarframe Guy

I don't like the others, Brozime is just so negative in every videos. GHS I've been unsubbed for a long time now, the clickbait is just obnoxious

If you mean people who make meme content from warframe like mrwarframeguy and betternamepending, then yes I occasionally watch warframe youtubers.

I'm not brave enough for political nonsense and clout that most other WF youtubers put out.

I want to be entertained, and I find their rantings make for tedious listening.

Right now, the only one I watch with any degree of regularity is Triburos, since 1: His videos have excellent production values, 2: I share a lot of his views regarding how Frame power sets should function, and 3: When he brings up a problem with the game, he goes in depth about it rather than resorting to buzzwords, and often provides solutions that are genuinely feasible.

I used to watch Shy but she gradually became a tad more negative than I was able to handle (I was going through a rough patch at the time), so I ended up dropping her from my viewing list.

On 2021-06-23 at 8:47 AM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

YouTubers I would not recommend include: Brozime, Rahetalius, Gaz TTV, and Grind Hard Squad (not toxic, but clickbaity). Everyone else you can watch at your own discretion, but these ones are, in my opinion, really bad, especially for players that are new to Warframe.

I checked out gaz ttv today cause earlier a friend told me they got banned from posting comments on his channel for simply commenting that he acts like an entitled brat, although it was with more southern and hillbilly flair.  But man he does whine like a child just alot of crying over the workshops as of late and it's sad.

I do on occasion, but I try to avoid build videos, how-tos, and click-bait drama. This basically includes build exclusive channels and channels ranting about DE themselves. The only Warframe content I'm subscribed to at the moment is the main PlayWarframe channel for news, like prime releases and update launches, for when I go on a hiatus - which I do frequently. Besides that, I usually watch a video on something specific to see a different perspective on a change or an update. I don't watch a video specifically for the "personality" so to speak - or lack of. However, lately I haven't watched much WF content.

Sometimes an idea is posited that seems interesting. Brozime, for example, I only ever watch when the topic is stuff outside of the gameplay loop. Like his UI rants because some of his ideas were sound (too much white space, the lack of important information, and having to look stuff up through a wiki when it should be in-game) and I generally agreed with what he had to say. However, his build videos and tier lists I generally avoid. In addition, sometimes he can get carried away with his rants. That isn't to say stating one's opinion is bad, but it's a bit like salt. Sometimes there's such a thing as too much. The first time I ever seen his content was his reaction to Second Dream after I stumbled upon THAT scene and wanted to see how others reacted to it. His was one of the few that came up at the time.

Shy is good for the abridged stuff when I don't have time to watch an hour or more of content. Even with a computerized voice (that so many warframe creators rely on for some reason) Shy still comes across as different than most despite it.

Tactical Potato I've watched for similar reasons as Shy's content (abridged, patch notes, some information on updates). In addition it's a different perspective on Warframe that is more mature and laid back with some humor.

Sometimes I'll watch joke videos that only players of Warframe would understand, usually via recommendation from Youtube. Shy fits in this category as well.

Typically I don't watch third party streams or playthroughs of the game nor watch build guides as I feel like that spoils some of the fun. If a topic seems specifically drama infused and click-bait (Warframe is TRASH, it's dead! I'm LEAVING WF! etc etc) then I avoid it outright. I have plenty of real life stuff to worry about then to listen to some guy or gal ranting about their issues with a video game/game studio - starting with an annoying 30 second intro and having obnoxious music playing in the background as they rant.

Better Name Pending, Shy... and Potato for adult news. 

Many of the others play pied piper to the community sometimes (and do it badly) just doing so when they feel bored and upload. After such videos, I got bored of seeing in the comments sections how easy and boring the game is for everyone in rather shonky attempts to impress the individual they follow (usually someone who has been playing most of the duration the game has been available) or the comments section in general. 

There are a few more unknown YouTubers away from the aforementioned, one of them's a bit like CS:GO 2kliksphilip (if you know he) type of vibe but with Warframe. TheKengineer. I think fellows like him are sort of why I liked to play initially. 

40 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

Nobody mentioned Knightmar3frame. He's the one I trust most for mechanics.

I used to think he was alright, but taking into account how bland his content is, combined with learning how he treats people in his comment section, has really made me personally dislike him.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I used to think he was alright, but taking into account how bland his content is, combined with learning how he treats people in his comment section, has really made me personally dislike him.

I find him pretty harsh sometimes too. But he has the only guides I would point a new player at for modding.

Archived