Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we stop hiding weapons for long periods of time?

pwnSacrifice

What I'm referring to is a very specific few weapons - Ceti Lacera, Basmu, Snipetron, Plague kripath and Plague Keewar. These weapons are locked away in the event closet, seemingly only to come out *maybe* once a year. This makes acquiring them impossible if I missed the event.  I fail to see why these can't be available somewhere in the game during the event 'downtime'.  When was the last plague star? 2019 sometime? Scarlet Spear probably won't return, and unfortunately I missed Orphix venom. Making those "tradeable" after the fact doesn't really solve the issue, it just drains hundreds of dollars worth of plat, and that's the few that actually are tradeable. 

Would it be so hard to give Little Duck the Ceti Lacera and Basmu for sale for let's say 40 or 50 anomaly shards? (I'm not saying it should be easy, just available year round), or Nakak, or Father or whoever would feel appropriate for the Zaw strikes? 

Throw the snipetron in lower level grineer railjack derelicts, like they did with Athodai and lower level corpus railjack. 

I'm just spitballing here, but it's extremely frustrating to miss events due to work, or just not realizing it's going on, or in my case, starting an account on steam because I lost my xbox in a fire, and trying to (re)aquire these quite cool weapons. I'm not asking for a handout, I do enjoy a good grind after all, I just want to be able to get these without waiting for an event that may never come back.

Oh and please don't pull an athodai again DE, Please??

Your thoughts community? What do you feel about this issue? 

Almost thought this was gonna talk about the Cadus & Prisma Machete, which is still the only weapons that is chinaframe exclusive.

Plaguestar comes every few months and honestly its a good thing if we have weapons, mods and cosmetics that only come around in recurring events. I do agree on snipetron, as that just cycled between different events.

2 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Prisma Machete

I just want DE to give it to us or remove it from our profiles I am good with either

But as for event weapons they should stay event weapons, that is the purpose of events, if you miss the event it is not the end of the world this is only a video game after all.

28 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

Las time Plague Star was ran was about 1½ years ago. Try again.

plague star loot was provided via naberus less then a year ago, and was played instead of plague star. try again.

If they're not going to run the event again (and lets be honest they keep making excuses not to run some of them) why not just add the weapons to Baro once and a while?

Problem solved.

Then maybe add some new items into the old events to give people who already have the others something to play for?

27 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

But as for event weapons they should stay event weapons, that is the purpose of events, if you miss the event it is not the end of the world this is only a video game after all.

We get tons of cosmetic rewards from events that I agree should stay exclusive. Mastery shouldn't be locked behind events.  I'm not saying give us ballroom or naeburus ephemera year-round. Just the weapons.

Pretty sure the purpose of events is to give us a wonderful and fun change of gameplay, the rewards are just the gravy for it.

6 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

The Plague kripath and Plague Keewar were part of Daughter reward pool during the Halloween event.

So once a year then, as we didn't have plague star last year. Good to know that at least DE might be aware of this issue? Doesn't really help 11 months out of the year.

Dera Vandal was awarded on PS4 because of how Tubemen event end. Know we have Karak Wraith , PC and Xbox got Dera V ; as far as I know, nobody complain about it. And they're Invasions rewards on every platform now. We still have to play often and regularly to get them (when I got a Riven for Karak, to get the final part I had to wait for months), but at least it's possible for every one.

For me, Sigil and exclusive profile score  are enough on the long run ; event weapons should be (after some time) released to all players. For example, one year after an event, if this event is not going to happen again, DE should give opportunies to get its weapons.

5 hours ago, pwnSacrifice said:

Your thoughts community? What do you feel about this issue? 

unfortunately, stuff like this - taking advantage of FOMO by gating content behind limited events, however small said content is - is a tried and trusted way of ensuring people keep playing. does it suck? yeah, especially if you've little to no hope of getting to play said event. at the end of the day DE benefits from it, and people won't play events if there's nothing good to get from them. as for ways of making stuff more available:

Ceti Lacera and Basmu

these are tied to Sentients and Scarlet Spear, but could be made available permanently in either the Orphix Railjack mode, or the Sentient Anomaly in Railjack, where the Shedu is located. they could have a chance to be found in parts in regular containers or drop from regular enemeis (excluding Symbilists, who already drop Shedu parts).

Zaw strikes? 

the Plague Zaws are possibly tied to Halloween now as they returned with the Naberus event, which could now be re-run every halloween, but it wouldn't be out of place to give them to Father for Entrati standing, since he already offers Infested Kitgun parts.

snipetron

rare as it is, Snipetron is basically a newbie sniper, it's not that great at higher levels compared to others, so IMO it would make an ideal first Sniper by dropping in parts from Sniper Crewmen: logical, since it's essentially the earlier prototype of Lanka, which they use; and Sniper Crewmen are relatively common, at least as much as Heavy Gunners I would say. 

also, one from me: Machete: Vanilla Machete is probably the hardest weapon to obtain in the game, that could be made to drop in parts from Scorpions. 

5 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Almost thought this was gonna talk about the Cadus & Prisma Machete,

funny you should mention the Cadus, it's Blueprint was seen in the screenshot of Teshin's new offerings when the new additions to Steel path honors was announced in the update:

it's very low res I know, but you can just about make out the words, so looks like we're getting Cadus after all .

picture didn't work, but got the quote from Devstream 154 overview:

Teshin, Daddy Dax himself, is getting some store updates! Soon, you’ll be able to trade your Steel Essence for:

- Teshin Noggle
- Shotgun Weapon Recoil Mod
- Cadus Staff
- Various “In-Action” Warframe Glyphs
- Riven Cypher (one a week) -- allowing you to bypass the unveil challenge! If you can’t nail headshots during your aim glide, or wall latch to save your life, this one’s for you!

Baro could Bring Prisma Machete when DE need to give him something "new" at short notice. 

That's online games for you. Limited items are the incentive for people to login.

My condolences. I, too had a burglar broke into my house and stole my ps4 which i worked really hard to buy. Losing some in-game stuff pretty suck, but look at the bright side, we didn't lose our lives. And you moved to pc! It's arguably the better platform to play warframe.

You've pretty much spelt out the business model in the OP.

DE only want two things from us. Either playing the game or buying plat. And here you describe items that do both. The event gets people playing, the event stopping has people buying plat.

DE are hardly gonna change a business practice just cos someone is effected by it. That's the whole idea of it.

It's our job not to be suckered into it.

Archived