Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Arsenal Divide: Changes & Follow Ups

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno!

Since The Arsenal Divide Workshop launched on Friday, we’ve been busy developing, testing, and reading responses. We have some preliminary changes to share with everyone! We’re posting in a separate thread to highlight the changes, and will do all necessary cross posting in the originals to keep them up to date.  This means that June 22 onward has the latest information on The Arsenal Divide! 

In the days that passed, we’ve addressed 3 areas (as well as a 4th bonus one)!

Each one is covered in detail below:

1) Arcanes:

Primary and Secondary Dexterity Arcanes:
- Added +60% Holster Speed 
Why:  We are including a Holster Speed benefit within the Arcane itself to ensure the whole ‘Dexterity’ aspect of it is clear with the whole Arsenal being easier to use!  

Primary and Secondary Merciless Arcanes:
- Reduced MERCILESS Arcanes Duration from 6 to 4 secs
Why: We’re simply continuing to balance these (even after posting)! In practice, we felt lowering it was a better start given the pace of true Merciless enemy killing!

P.S the body of the original Dev Workshop missed this, but it was present in the video!
Dexterity Arcanes:  +7.5s Combo Duration

2) Galvanized Mod Properties:

Primary
- Galvanized Scope - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Aptitude - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Chamber - Stack count increased from 4 to 5. Mod Capacity increased from 14 to 16

Shotgun
- Galvanized Acceleration - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Savvy - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
 Galvanized Hell - Base Multishot increased from 80% to 110%. Mod Capacity increased from 14 to 16

Secondary
- Galvanized Crosshairs - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Shot - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Diffusion - Base multishot increased from 80% to 110%. Mod Capacity increased from 12 to 14

Why: We reviewed feedback about build and Mod options when it comes to Mod Capacity, and felt it was a good idea to change Mod Ranks. Overall we’ve lowered the required Mod Capacity as a whole per category by 2. 
We also changed the Galvanized Chamber so that it is at parity with the Shotgun / Pistol Mods by virtue of maxing the stacks. 

3) Galvanized Mod Acquisition:

Moved all Galvanized Mods to Arbitrations from Steel Path. 

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

Bonus: Beam Weapon Mods! 
4) General Beam Weapon Mod Change:

Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach are now slottable in the Exilus slot and their text changed from "+X Range" to "+X Beam Length"
Why: While we are in the revision process for all things Mods, some well reasoned suggestions made it aboard! 

Original Post: 

FAQ:

How many Vitus Essence will each Mod cost from Arbitration Honors?

20 Vitus Essence Each. If you'd like to wait until the Sisters of Parvos Update launches, it will increase the Vitus Essence drop rate from 3% to 6% from the Drones. Note that for consistency the Vitus Essence will also disappear after 5 minutes if not picked like Steel Essence as previously announced. Heads up! 

Do you worry that all this emphasis on buff stacks will incentivize players to use only a single weapon during missions to avoid losing the stacks? For example, if I build up my stacks on the primary weapon I'm unlikely to use secondary or melee since I'm afraid of losing primary stacks. 

Personally, I would prefer a system that incentivizes players to use the entire arsenal and mix it up a lot during missions, keeping the combat fresh throughout instead of just repeating the same actions over and over.

hace 4 minutos, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Tenno!

Since The Arsenal Divide Workshop launched on Friday, we’ve been busy developing, testing, and reading responses. We have some preliminary changes to share with everyone! We’re posting in a separate thread to highlight the changes, and will do all necessary cross posting in the originals to keep them up to date.  This means that June 22 onward has the latest information on The Arsenal Divide! 

In the days that passed, we’ve addressed 3 areas (as well as a 4th bonus one)!

Each one is covered in detail below:

1) Arcanes:

Primary and Secondary Dexterity Arcanes:
- Added +60% Holster Speed 
Why:  We are including a Holster Speed benefit within the Arcane itself to ensure the whole ‘Dexterity’ aspect of it is clear with the whole Arsenal being easier to use!  

Primary and Secondary Merciless Arcanes:
Why: We’re simply continuing to balance these (even after posting)! In practice, we felt lowering it was a better start given the pace of true Merciless enemy killing!

P.S the body of the original Dev Workshop missed this, but it was present in the video!
Dexterity Arcanes:  +7.5s Combo Duration

2) Galvanized Mod Properties:

Primary
- Galvanized Scope - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Aptitude - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Chamber - Stack count increased from 4 to 5. Mod Capacity increased from 14 to 16

Shotgun
- Galvanized Acceleration - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Savvy - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
 Galvanized Hell - Base Multishot increased from 80% to 110%. Mod Capacity increased from 14 to 16

Secondary
- Galvanized Crosshairs - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Shot - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Diffusion - Base multishot increased from 80% to 110%. Mod Capacity increased from 12 to 14

Why: We reviewed feedback about build and Mod options when it comes to Mod Capacity, and felt it was a good idea to change Mod Ranks. Overall we’ve lowered the required Mod Capacity as a whole per category by 2. 
We also changed the Galvanized Chamber so that it is at parity with the Shotgun / Pistol Mods by virtue of maxing the stacks. 

3) Galvanized Mod Acquisition:

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach are now slottable in the Exilus slot and their text changed from "+X Range" to "+X Beam Length"
Why: While we are in the revision process for all things Mods, some well reasoned suggestions made it aboard! 

Original Post: 

And what about making three universal arcanes instead of one for each category?

Save Atlas, unfortunately my build focused on yellow criticals hits will be negatively affected.

The focus of the update should only be the weapons and not the melee ones, the melee mods nerf will affect all melee weapons but mainly the ones that are already bad.

My thoughts on Kuva Nukor's nerf?
I don't like kuva nukor but this nerf shouldn't happen as the focus of Nukor is to status procs to Condition Overload and the Condition Overload will be nerfed. Today we would have two secondary weapons at the top vying for popularity with extremely different functions, Catchmoon to Hit Kill, Kuva Nukor to Status proc;

apparently many players will replace Kuva Nukor with Epitaph and in the future Epitaph will have a spotlight to be nerfed.

1 minute ago, .Khaos. said:

Why, just why...

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades

Why, just why...

This still makes primary, secondarys still useless in higher level content. Plus with the nerfs coming to melee, higher level content will be difficult to do as berserker and condition overload are now virtually useless. So the best course of action is to give mods that work similar to the the melee mods thay are being changed. Please DE don't screw this up.

Why, just why...

What do you mean why. How are people supposed to get mods to kill steel path enemies by farming the steel path which they can't kill enemies in? Makes perfect sense to me to put it in between steel path and normal star chart

Great changes! Thank you. 

Just now, .Khaos. said:

Why, just why...

Because grinding SP (once the update comes out) with melee only, so we get mods that are going to make SP doable with guns is illogical.

As Reb said: the difficutly tiers are: Starchart, Arbitrations/Sorties, SP.
It makes sense to aquire the gear for SP before you reach SP.

So the endless amount of feedback in other (and much more important) areas didn't make it through?
This whole post didn't do anything to make me feel any better about many glaring issues that were simply brushed off it seems.

An overall great iteration!

I still think that Primaries and Secondaries already struggle with Mod Capacity and that the proposed total cost decrease is nice to have but not enough.

I'm very excited to try out the Arcanes, especially the Dexterity ones, maybe paired with Vigorous Swap and Blade Charger. That said, I really don't wanna have to farm 21 Arcanes for 6 Sets, if they're still Rank 5s.

Moving the Galvanized Mods to Arbies is a great stepping-stone change! But where exactly in the Arbitrations? Their Rotation Rewards are already bloated with items that are single-use only, at least for non-traders, so I really hope that they're purchasable from the Arbies Store. They're bought with Vitus Essence, as stated here! It would also be a great time to move other single-use items from the Arbie Rotations to the Store, like the Ephemera.

+Range Beam Mod on Exilus Slots is great to have too!

Really looking forward to getting my hands on all of these.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)FolksyKibbles28 said:

This still makes primary, secondarys still useless in higher level content. Plus with the nerfs coming to melee, higher level content will be difficult to do as berserker and condition overload are now virtually useless. So the best course of action is to give mods that work similar to the the melee mods thay are being changed. Please DE don't screw this up.

This is patently false. 

Oh my goodness - Beam weapon range mods being moved to exilus. This has honestly been a long time coming. So much QoL locked behind short range beam weapons like embolist and glaxion,

Youre late, but thank you DE.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

No thanks.

Grind so you can grind while grinding for your grind didn't work with railjack and it's not going be any more popular or "convenient" here.

20 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This feels like it will only benefit the new Sister's flux rifle and any other that is beam based because using the Exilus slot on regular non 40 point weapons tends to be an awful experience as you need to polarize nearly all slots to be able to fit 1 extra mod. Not even sure why Split Chamber still costs 15 points.

Don't get me wrong, that's a good change, but until we get the cost of many primary/secondary mods reduced, that slot will be vastly useless and won't fulfil it's purpose. It hurts my brain how some of the best guns in the game are the ones that don't need to sacrifice anything to use that slot.

Overall... Meh? We didn't need power creep, seen pages and pages of people complaining that this power creep is pointless, yet all you did was mostly increase the power creep and reduce the mod cost for the So so Galvanized mods and increased the cost one of them when mod points on non 40 point weapons is at the breaking point?

Edit: Oh, and Arbitrations... I can't say I enjoy playing that and getting 1 vitus every 10 minutes, if I'm lucky enough to even get one. I Don't think that reason why feels that genuine. I'd guess it's because the Steel Path alerts already give people plenty of Essence even if they can't beat the game alone because there's always someone spinning on public anyway. This change just seems geared towards making the mods take longer to be grind for, even worse when there's only 1 mission per hour and only ENDLESS. Can we have something good that isn't endless for once?

3 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Do you worry that all this emphasis on buff stacks will incentivize players to use only a single weapon during missions to avoid losing the stacks? For example, if I build up my stacks on the primary weapon I'm unlikely to use secondary or melee since I'm afraid of losing primary stacks. 

People already do that with Melee in its current state. Now you'll have the option to switch around pretty quick. Besides, I thought the idea was to allow us to focus only on one ranged weapon and be benefited from it, rather than "punished" for not using melee (current state), so I think that checks out.

Also, I think the intention is to increase burst damage rather than consistent DPS since the stacks last much shorter for these mods, but longer for arcanes.

EDIT:

****CONCERNING THE GALVANIZED MODS MOVED TO ARBITRATION****

Rebecca has confirmed on Reddit that the mods are bought from the VITUS ESSENCE SHOP.

6 minutes ago, .Khaos. said:

Why, just why...

Because they want people to get Galvanized mods without grinding SP, since why add gun mods in SP, if newer players will have a hard time to get them?

It also adds more incentive to grind Arbitrations, since from what I remember, Steel path rewards will have more items to unlock.

1 minute ago, Sevek7 said:

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

And it gets worse.

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I don't like Steel Path because of its lack of coordination, but I hate Arbitrations even more.
(The stage where you can only choose one random point, the system where one mistake is game over, the system where you can only play one mission at a certain time, the drones that are hard to attack, everything.)

Archived