Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Arsenal Divide: Changes & Follow Ups

[DE]Rebecca

17 hours ago, ScionNinja14 said:

What do you mean why. How are people supposed to get mods to kill steel path enemies by farming the steel path which they can't kill enemies in?

What do YOU mean how? By using melee, you silly goose.

Steel essense is a far easier thing to get consistently compared to vitus essense. Overall, it's a bad change, as it the end, all it will do is only make already unreasonable grind even more unreasonable.. 

46 minutes ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

My only question is why you guys decided to add new primary/secondary mods instead of buffing existing ones?

They can't make you sink hours into farming by buffing existing stuff.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

3) Galvanized Mod Acquisition:

Moved all Galvanized Mods to Arbitrations from Steel Path. 

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

Well atleast now I have zero reason to ever pick them up, because I'm sure as hell not going to step back into arbitrations for mods I will not have any real use for. Atleast in Steel Path I could pick them up with Essence that I feel I might can spare on things I dont really need or care for. But having to go back to Arbis for those mods... no thank you.

Why not just have them in both, so those that think they need them before hitting up Steel Pack can grind them in Arbis and us already doing Steel Path can get them there?

And "on-kill" still being the trigger requirement for arcanes and mods, all I can say is sigh.

If you want to allow weapons to build up combo just add a combo chance stat to weapons, no need to create a serie off mods with the same condition and diferent duration and make it a compleçy diferent sistem from the melee one pingeon holing the player into playing the entire mission with the same weapon 

Allow ranged weapons to build up combo 

Each weapon receives its own combo chance. Each time the weapon hits an enemy there is a chance of building up a combo, generating two 2 times combo. The average unmodded weapons would be 2 combo per second.

Examples 

Hide contents

For example, the Braton

Fire rate 8,75

Combo Change 23%

Average combo generation 2, average combo on headshot 4

Another Example, Modded Braton

Fire Rate 14 (speed trigger)

Multshot 90%

Combo Change 23%

Average Combo generation 6,1 combo per second, 12,2 on headshot

Another example, bows could a higher combo generation, so they have something to stand out from snipers. For example, all bows would generate double combo on fully charged shot.

Average fire rate (including reload) – 0,87 charged shots per second.

Combo chance 230%

Average combo generation 4, on headshot 8.

At last , an example of explosive weapon

Penta

Fire rate-  1 round per second

Combo change 20%

Average combo generation hitting 1 enemy per explosion– 0,2 combo per second.

Average combo generation hitting 5 enemies per explosion – 1 combo per second.

This combo generation method could be personalized by any amount of fire rate or innate multshot a weapon can have. At last there is a generic rule off the lasting effects off any weapon shot does not generate combo ( symulator lasting aoe , ogris napalm grenades and so on )

Preemptively nerfing things is silly.

Ya know, it's not even the nerfs that get to me, that I expect. It's the fact that you guys are SO neglectful regarding player feedback. You guys have YEARS... freaking YEARS worth of suggestions and feedback, yet all we get are rushed band-aid fixes, ahem buffs to weapons? Can we just focus on buffing weapons before we start throwing around the nerf hammer? It's absurd and absolutely strange for a PvE game. You guys balance this game like a PvP game. Take it slow, beta test (PTR), gather data, then make changes, yeah? You know, like other developers.... 😅

Changes like this just push players away. Players have been voicing their frustration for YEARS. When will you guys learn, man?

Long time player, spent countless hours and money on the game. Haven't felt the urge to play because of changes like this. Unrewarding content, lackluster buffs, nerfs NOBODY asked for... get it together.

Well those Galvanized mods should be in Steel Path. Not arbitrations. Even the word "galvanize" is  a fitting them to steel since metal is galvanized to prevent it from rust. People don't 'galvanize' arbitrations. Can you please revert it back to steel path or at the very least have it available from both Arbitrations and Steel Path?

16 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Personally, I would prefer a system that incentivizes players to use the entire arsenal and mix it up a lot during missions, keeping the combat fresh throughout instead of just repeating the same actions over and over.

That's what the Dexterity Arcanes are for, genius. 

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach are now slottable in the Exilus slot

Fantastic change, thank you.

On that /note though, I very much hope you're also going to make Beam Length a proper weapon (i.e. Arsenal etc) stat,
this not least really needs to happen for when you're building Kitguns and want to quickly compare the effects of your parts.

Hello @[DE]Rebecca,

Galvanized mods are transferred to arbitration but:

Are they integrated into the rotations of the arbitration?
Which would totally destabilize the loot tables ...

Or can it be purchased in vitus gasoline?

Sorry for my English, I'm writing this message via google trad

34 minutes ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

My only question is why you guys decided to add new primary/secondary mods instead of buffing existing ones?

Genuinely wondering.

The existing mods are perfectly adequate for Sorties and below.

Well, except for those 30% IPS mods that will still exist after gun "buffs".

The real issue is that guns need way more forma than melee to compete at higher levels.

All gun mods could use a cost reduction across the board of 2-4 to compensate for the fact that guns have no stance/aura equivalent.

Right now, the new fat mods will just push people to Kuva weapons with the sunk cost of 5 forma and bonus capacity.

As much as I hate arbitrations, your reasoning for moving galvanized mods unfortunately makes sense. Just please don't make them too obscene to get. Or, you know, make them obtainable in both places, wink wink?

Also having three universal arcanes instead of primary and secondary ones would be much appreciated. 21x6 minimum kills to get everything (realistically at least double that) is a bit harsh.

I understand why locking rewards behind content they were meant to help access is bad design but other than that, this part of the update was looking fine. In fact, aside from said argument, I firmly believe the acquisition method for galvanized mods generally received a warm welcome. Sure, the update would be grindy, maybe the grindiest of them all, but much of it would come neatly over time with flexibility of the full star chart and most importantly without ludicrous rng walls. Want a quick in & out mission? Ok. Lengthy endurance? Fine. Something special? Go ahead.

But no. Now these bread and butter endgame mods are instead exclusively pushed into a narrow corner (high-stakes endless only) behind time (max one mission on one node per hour if memory serves) & rng (mission type, vitus essence drops) gates. To me it feels like a lengthy, high concentration waiting room mixed into the real update that easily already is grindy enough on its own. And we all know how well high concentration & lengthy waiting mix together. Hey, no problem, just stick to some really brainless monotone unkillable build and maybe you'll save the headache of ruining a run or two down the road. Exciting times ahead indeed. Sure to cure insomnia.

So please DE, why can't you just fix your design flaw WITHOUT screwing those who are willing and capable of doing steel path? It's an issue where you can have it both ways, yet why, oh why, do you insist on closing one door as you open another instead of simply, you know, leaving them both open? Yes, adding the same reward pools to too many different activities can potentially also create problems, but I think it's safe to say in this case it would do much, much more good than bad.

Lol why not make them available both on Steel Path and Arbitrations instead of completely transferring them? This is why I want DE to not listen to the community for once. I don't have any problems killing with guns in Steel Path. People are just lazy and don't know how to mod/maximize properly.

I want you to make a new account, grind up all the way to being able to do arbitrations and steel path (can have others help you on their main accounts) and THEN see if this is a viable grind. 

In fact how about you do this for every update youre planning? Make a new account, see how long it takes you and how it feels to actually have to grind up from nothing instead of just giving it to yourself and testing already having it. Look at your GAME not at your numbers....

Warframe is my favorite game, and has been my favorite game for almost 7 years, and I love it but it feels like nobody who worked on this, or balance changes in general, has that in common with me. 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Evhans:
Hello @[DE]Rebecca,

Galvanized mods are transferred to arbitration but:

Are they integrated into the rotations of the arbitration?
Which would totally destabilize the loot tables ...

Or can it be purchased in vitus gasoline?

Sorry for my English, I'm writing this message via google trad

U can buy it with Vitus essence 

16 hours ago, Goldenrevolver8 said:

people already tested playing with the nerfs using unmaxed mods and the difference is completely negligible. its only going from 660% to 440%, that shows you how op blood rush really was

I mean, 35 melee weapons wont be able to yellow crit after nerf to 440%. Very negligible, indeed.

10 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Oh God, why Arbitrations? Those suck if you play solo. One mission per hour, if it's a mission type you dont like, well rip that hour of your game time. Drop rate for essence is non existent solo, even with boosters. 

Fully agree on this, I'm a solo player, I go up to 2 hours in Arbitration, my Clan mates can't play they have real lives and cbf'd to be in there as long as me.

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

2) Galvanized Mod Properties:

Primary
- Galvanized Scope - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Aptitude - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Chamber - Stack count increased from 4 to 5. Mod Capacity increased from 14 to 16

Shotgun
- Galvanized Acceleration - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Savvy - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
 Galvanized Hell - Base Multishot increased from 80% to 110%. Mod Capacity increased from 14 to 16

Secondary
- Galvanized Crosshairs - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Shot - Mod Capacity reduced from 14 to 12
- Galvanized Diffusion - Base multishot increased from 80% to 110%. Mod Capacity increased from 12 to 14

Why: We reviewed feedback about build and Mod options when it comes to Mod Capacity, and felt it was a good idea to change Mod Ranks. Overall we’ve lowered the required Mod Capacity as a whole per category by 2. 
We also changed the Galvanized Chamber so that it is at parity with the Shotgun / Pistol Mods by virtue of maxing the stacks. 

These changes are a bit positive, however I still think that these mods aren't good enough to make primaries and secondaries truly viable for high level content.

I suggest changing their function based on two mods that are in the game:

• Split Flights: On Hit: +100% Multishot, -180% Accuracy for 2s, Stacks up to 4 times.
  • Hemorrhage: Impact Status Effects have 35% chance to apply a Slash Status Effect (x2 when Fire Rate is below 2.5)

My idea would be that the Galvanize mods gets their effects activated on hit instead of on kill, and that the time the effect is in place is shorter, but getting a bit longer if the weapon has low fire rate, at least on the status and multishot ones.

The mods with these changes would look like:

• Galvanize Scope: On headshot: +120% Critical Chance when aiming for 12s, +40% Critical Chance with consecutive headshots, Stacks up to 5x.
  • Galvanize Chamber: +80% Multishot, On hit: +30% Multishot for 2s (5s when Fire Rate is below 2.5), Stacks up to 5x.
  • Galvanize Aptitude: +80% Status Chance, On hit: +40% Damage per Status Type affecting the target for 2s (5s when Fire Rate is below 2.5), Stacks up to 2x.
  • Galvanized Savvy: +80% Status Chance, On hit: +40% Damage per Status Type affecting the target for 2s (5s when Fire Rate is below 2.5), Stacks up to 2x.
  • Galvanized Hell: +110% Multishot, On hit: +30% Multishot for 2s (5s when Fire Rate is below 2.5), Stacks up to 4x.
  • Galvanized Acceleration: +30% Projectile Speed/Beam Lenght, On hit: +30% Projectile Speed/Beam Lenght for 5s (10s when Fire Rate is below 2.5), Stacks up to 2x.
  • Galvanized Diffusion: +110% Multishot, On hit: +30% Multishot for 2s (5s when Fire Rate is below 2.5), Stacks up to 4x.
  • Galvanized Crosshairs: On headshot: +120% Critical Chance when aiming for 12s, +40% Critical Chance with consecutive headshots, Stacks up to 5x.
  • Galvanized Shot: +80% Status Chance, On hit: +40% Damage per Status Type affecting the target for 2s (5s when Fire Rate is below 2.5), Stacks up to 2x.

This would justify the large capacity that these require and make these mods actually more viable to high level content than before.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)FolksyKibbles28:

This still makes primary, secondarys still useless in higher level content. Plus with the nerfs coming to melee, higher level content will be difficult to do as berserker and condition overload are now virtually useless. So the best course of action is to give mods that work similar to the the melee mods thay are being changed. Please DE don't screw this up.

As far as condition overload is concerned, we`ll have to see how the nerf plays out, but with berserker, you just get 5% less attackspeed total on a still very slot effitient mod, so no whining needed about that one. only the first kill you do might take 1-2 seconds longer to achive, but then you can still steamroll away no problem.

If anything, I would be more upset about the Bloodrush nerf, as it hits pretty hard, and it might even hit some of the off meta builds harder than meta ones.

Archived