The Arsenal Divide: Changes & Follow Ups

5 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

DE cares more about tweaking Riven stats & dispositions than they do about anything else. There was no intention of direct buffs for weaker weapons, no implementation of a universal combo counter that benefits every weapon class, no changes to emphasize weak points or the crippling of enemies, not even Condition Overload variants for our guns.

They just did add a CO Variant of our guns with these new Galvanized Status mods, but you need the flawed "On Kill" condition to start the buff. So if you kill a guy, your gun gets the CO buff for the duration.

En 22/6/2021 a las 15:07, .Khaos. dijo:

Why, just why...

Well, the grind division at DE deemed necessary to add more grind to the upcoming added grind. Steel essence is already on many player's inventories so they figured they should put these questionable mods somewhere where you basically need to start from zero to get them. Also, the RNG sub-department noticed that buying from Teshin didn't lead to the same levels of disappointment that you would get from receiving a fourth copy of Galvanized Savvy when you want a Galvanized Chamber, so they added 100% more RNG to the system!

11 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Arbitration newb here...

So you get 1 vitus per round and have a 6% chance of vitus drops from drones which show up multiple times during a round?? 

But this is all some stupid no respawn extreme endurance mode so the deeper you go the more vitus you earn per round or ?? 

Short answer, no.

Longer answer....highly RNG dependent.  You've got, at most 5 drones spawning.  The amount of drops remains a constant...but that only means the chances of you getting a drop increase over time....because they're 1-0.97n where n is the number of killed drones.

The catch is, I think, you mean that there's a variable in the equation such that the 97% chance of not dropping decreases.  In which case, you're out of luck.  You could literally be grinding this game mode for months or years without relief.

Would you care for a personal experience to give you a frame of reference?  Mine is depressing.  I haven't maxed out any of the arcanes.  The closest I am is 18, and the farthest is 10.  That's out of 21, of course.  Despite this I've bought everything from the vendor.  I have 578 vitus essence kicking around.  Believe me when I say this, Arbitrations suck.  You can literally go 40 minutes in a survival and get only endo.  You can wait days before you get anything resembling a reward that entices you.  You can even wind up with multiple ephemera without ever seeing a mod.  It's another RNG trap, where if you play long enough you're assured a cheap death by level disparity...or an invisible toxic cloud...or a bombard rocket...or a nullifier.  I can say I'm not happy, but the real buggering is Steel Path.  They are locked to a spawn about every five minutes, but only regular star chart rewards.  Nothing quite like a level 120 mission that gives out Meso relics...

But DE isn't going to fix Steel Path.  That's too hard.  They'll slap on a layer of grind to what we already have for some minor buffs, nerf what works, and presumably tell us this is all part of the vision.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Behradmansouri said:

Make it so that, just like arcane revives, when these gun arcanes are above rank 3 they add 10 more mod capacity to your gun. This brings the maximum drain possible on guns in line with those of melee weapons, fixes the high demand for forma with the new mods and increases the incentive to farm these arcanes.

And of you want to in the meanwhile you can get to making gun stances.

yeah, would be nice to have it either by Arcanes or have a weapon aura slot (why not?), may be move some auras from warframes to weapons. There are pairs of Aura Mods asking for it: Amps  and Scavengers - [Rifle Amp], [Shotgun Scavenger], [Dead Eye], etc - they are never picked on warframes anyway. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, PraetorGix said:

fourth copy of Galvanized Savvy when you want a Galvanized Chamber

err they dont drop in mission, they in the arbitration vendor, so if u buy a savvy instead of chamber , thats on u.

but in all seriousness.. arbi shop & steelpath drop  would be nice

11 hours ago, iPathos said:

Unfortunately, your points here are rooted in misunderstanding. Creeping Bullseye was buffed, but it is now intended to be a separate mod to PPG so as to synergize better with Hemorrhage. Blood Rush is meant to be usable with mods like Sacrificial Steel and True Steel, because its bonus only applies to the weapon's base critical chance - not the modded one. While it may add a huge amount of critical chance in the end, it is far and away a lesser amount than is generally understood to be added from the wording of the mods.

Also, when was the combining of critical chance rivens and standard critical chance mods ever considered to be anything other than "normal behavior". The overuse of the phrase "unintended mechanic" here unfortunately gives your post near no credence, let alone the misunderstanding of how and why these mods were changed.

Now, I agree consistency would be a nice change looking at the things they've decided on lately - I fully agree. But basing such a vehemently-worded response to this on either unfounded statements or misunderstandings does not help your case. 

Yes, I deliberately phrased the post as mean-spirited, because I saw this design decision as completely and utterly foolish.

You state that what I say was rooted in misunderstanding, then reaffirm the point of my statement in a nicer way. Then you dismiss me because the compatibility of standard crit mods on every other weapon is as normal, same with rivens, stating that what I say lacks credence because I said it mean? And then you go on to agree with the my point.

What the hell.

Anyway, I was deliberately being a bad-faith actor because there is no excuse nor reasonable interpretation for their decision to make these mods incompatible. They didn't even attempt to categorise them within the same archetype, like with Split Chamber and Split Flights, nor errata the name like with Berserker into "Berserker Fury", because "muh animations", despite the fact that almost no body used Berserker and Primed Fury together unless it was on a Gram of Fragor, because it was just not an effective modding decision.

Edited by (PSN)Joshua_Badhan

On 2021-06-22 at 8:09 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

Arbitrations are lot more punishing than Steel Path though, you only have 1 life and the revive mechanic when playing in a team is too convoluted for most people to care to actually do it.

Steel Path is actually approachable with the current state of the game, I've seen many "newbies" get straight into it after completing their normal Star Chart, since Arbitrations are useless for the reason mentioned above, and do endless survivals in the Void.

So why not just have the Galvanized mods drop from Steel Path as well, so you progressively get stronger while progressing through the Steel Path Star Chart.
You know, to actually add incentive to unlock good farming spots in SP. Incentive that did exist at first, but then you initially killed with Incursions. Now all people have as a reward from completing Steel Path planets is Steel Essence, a useless and finite reward, since you can easily get it infinitely elsewhere, all you need to do is to get an Incursion to a survival and have it unlocked forever, never to worry about it again, or get carried/taxied by another player and have it unlocked as well.

Bottom line is that making Galvanized mods drop from Steel Path would've created more incentive for players to actually farm and unlock Steel Path, but you've gone tone-deaf and chosen the easy way out and listening to the screeching feedback of the snowflake players who don't want to grind more than an hour or two a day in a game that is all about grinding.

• Like 3

On 2021-06-25 at 4:29 AM, Bakaguya-sama said:

then spend the next 3 months complaining about "Content drought"

And rightfully so, because keeping playerbase invested by actually releasing enough content with good enough replayability/reward structure and trying on purpose to make the content as unreasonably grindy as possible to squeeze as much playtime out of as little of content possible (as well as disrespecting player time investment as a result) are not the same thing.

If the content can be "beaten" in three days and there's no point/fun in doing it afterwards, then said content is shallow by design, and no amount of artificial time gates/sinks will solve this - it will only make it more tedious.

1 hour ago, .Khaos. said:

chosen the easy way out and listening to the screeching feedback of the snowflake players who don't want to grind more than an hour or two a day in a game that is all about grinding

... by putting it behind the currency that is way more grindy? lol, did your logic module malfunctioned?

Edited by GREF_TM
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Honestly, I was holding out the slightest hope for DE to do the right thing & buff at least a portion of the arsenal. My fragment of hope was obviously misplaced.

DE cares more about tweaking Riven stats & dispositions than they do about anything else. There was no intention of direct buffs for weaker weapons, no implementation of a universal combo counter that benefits every weapon class, no changes to emphasize weak points or the crippling of enemies, not even Condition Overload variants for our guns.

All of this continues to prove how tone-deaf DE is & will continue to be. The community has a better fundamental understanding of the game mechanics than almost the entirety of DE's staff combined. There's no greater insult than the apathy they hold for those who disagree with them.

DE was at some point rightfully lauded as a company that actively listened to their fanbase, that revolutionized communication via devstreams & such, but now they're trying to sink their only successful project in the ocean faster than the Lusitania. If even the slightest criticism is enough to invoke tears, then DE will continue to lose whatever goodwill they have left with the community.

I apologize for this mess of a tangent, but nothing infuriates me more than pathetic efforts to resolve multi-faceted dilemmas. This isn't a one-and-done issue, DE has to go the extra mile & consider every angle of the problem. They can't sweep a problem like this under the rug when this game clearly has an identity crisis. Is it a stealth-action game? Is it a horde shooter? Is it a cover shooter? Why do we need mechs & pets? Why are AoE weapons so effective? Why are sniper rifles & bows so lackluster? It's just one thing after another, and they seem to forget that they've put themselves into this situation by following so many different trends without emphasizing depth.

I know it's far back but quoted for truth and being well written.

• Like 2

Considering direction DE is pushing for past 7 updates, I'd say it's a good time to retire. If DE didn't listen back then, it won't listen now. We were promised explorable space mode, got bugjack instead. We were promised two team co-op mode, ended up with one off write-off event. We were told to wait for story continuation. 700+ days without significant quest. We were promised Kingpin system connected to clan systems, got Kuva Liches instead. Now we were supposed to get a balance pass, instead we will get bandaid mods and extended grind.

Reminiscence between DE promises and McDonald's advertising is impeccable, to prove it just open up your Big Mac and compare to the ad.

Time to hang the trust and hope and either accept tone-deaf development or leave. There are clearly more players that don't mind these changes and considering how many people ever see Dev Streams majority of player base doesn't even care about what is coming. If community is more active on separate media channels than their own forum, it should tell you which audience will get priority and attention. And that means memes over criticism and fan art over feedback.

Edited by Wawus
  • Like 9

Just now, (PSN)Chomsky_Honk_ said:

The new arcanes will drop from Acolytes.

You'll need to buy an arcane slot unlocker with steel essence to use it though... 

Great thanks for the reply.

Any news if the arcanes can be sold and bought for plat? Have they mentioned that.

1 hour ago, Wawus said:

Considering direction DE is pushing for past 7 updates...

~~snip~~ 

eh seems I misunderstood the intent of this post. I thought they were giving vague feedback/complaints

Edited by Maka.Bones

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

Wait, wait, wait!!!... Lemme go get the world's smallest violin. 

(Plays tiny violin) 

Ok go!

P.S. I think this is the wrong place to give general feedback of your dissatisfaction. Especially when considering that none of your feedback is giving actual specific examples, or suggestions to improve. You've only been vague so far, so maybe go into discussions or general feedback instead? 

I think you are misinterpreting what I mean to convey. I gave feedback, ideated on how to improve over past 8 years. Now all I am saying is to all fellow sour Tenno that are in comments before mine to maybe tone down on expecting any change. That's all.

I would like to suggest adding something in the game that allows you to extend the duration of your combo's and stacks while using other weapons. melee kills refreshing gun timers and vice versa. otherwise you are incentivized to use a weapon without switching. I would've even gone so far to only let melee combo rise with gun kills, and gun combo with melee kills so you HAVE to switch between them regularly.
maybe mods/arcanes that supercharge your guns with every melee kill? or that increase gun damage with gun kills?

Moving Galvanized Mods to Arbitrations is the WORST decision you've made this year and completely ruins this patch.

The mode is just pure annoying because it BLOCKS 99% of what you can do in this game. It is literally an anti-fun mode. Nobody want's to play it. Please rethink that, thank you.

It is totally OK to stack some content onto Steelpath. After all, Steelpath is a very new experience and still lacks major incentives to run the mode. This patch could be a major step in transforming Steelpath from MR fodder to actualy mid-late game content.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Wawus said:

I think you are misinterpreting what I mean to convey. I gave feedback, ideated on how to improve over past 8 years. Now all I am saying is to all fellow sour Tenno that are in comments before mine to maybe tone down on expecting any change. That's all.

Oh, my bad. Should I also play the tiny violin for them too?

Ok serious now... Yeah good call, we should all stay civil and not get too heated/upset. At the end of the day, it's DE's game. They're going to follow what meets their budget/time constraints, and fits their vision of the game the best. Getting super invested or agitated over a game won't help us, or motivate DE to give us what we'd like. 

Best we can do is try to understand the direction DE wants to take, things that work/don't work for them and why. Then give suggestions based on that. Then just forget we gave a suggestion, because it's up to them if they do or don't use it. They might even like the suggestion, but not be able to implement it (or if they do, not how we wanted it done) 

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

On 2021-06-22 at 11:02 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Bonus: Beam Weapon Mods! 
4) General Beam Weapon Mod Change:

Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach are now slottable in the Exilus slot and their text changed from "+X Range" to "+X Beam Length"
Why: While we are in the revision process for all things Mods, some well reasoned suggestions made it aboard! 

Oh thank God.  There are a number of the things with beams so short that using them is irritating, on what otherwise would have been a fun weapon.  This'll be a huge improvement.

• Like 1

Do you have any plans on reviewing Arbitrations? Because is just a mission with 2 random power ups and annoying invulnerability drones.

I have a few ideas:

It could have new Arbiter units appear every rotation or even an arbiter boss that appears every X amount of rotations, surrounded by arbiter units. They should apply some debuff to the player and buffs to enemies, becoming primary targets to take down first. As drops maybe just vitus essence (higher rate than drones?).

The random buff is something that should be changed as well now that we are going to get similar buffs from Helminth. They should be a pool of 3 random effects and players would choose wich one they one to activate, being less especific towards arsenal and more specific towards builds. For example: -25% attack speed/+25% fire rate, +50% power strenght if max energy < 200, +25% crit damage while airborne, -25% health/+25% shield

About the drone: remove invulnerability and replace it with 90% damage reduction, health and shield recovery, status immunity and damage buff. they will be powerful and relevant targets but less frustrating. This is because developing builds to have yourself in a situation where you deal 0 damage is frustrating and the existance of such unit kinda forces me to build and equip a weapon that can instantly kill it.

• Like 3