The Arsenal Divide: Changes & Follow Ups

Interesting changes for sure (Beam weapons rise up). Dexterity getting holster speed is nice and the lower mod cap for most of the Galv mods is nice. There are a few things I'm not 100% sure of;

1) Are the mods going into the Arbitration shop or the Arbitration mission drop table? The former is fine, though the latter might cause a fair few Tenno to foam at the mouth. Just want to clarify this.

2) I'm still a bit concerned about the 'on kill' condition for these new gadgets - feels like they'd only bring already strong guns further ahead of weaker weapons that can't get the condition off in the first place. You shouldn't be able to MK-1 Braton your way through Steel Path of course, the concern's with non-beginner guns that can't compete.

Glad that revisions are being made now before release, hope we continue to see good changes here and there before Sisters of Parvos drops.

• Like 8

They are still all triggered on-kill :c

Seems to me like these mods & arcanes are custom tailored to SP (because of the increased spawns) but I would love to use them everywhere...

Also adding something like Acid Shells to all none AoE weapons could help them out a ton or a status proc that can do decent AoE damage like old gas did so we can diversify our arsenal again. As it is we'll still be using the same weapons as we would without these mods & even be encouraged to focus on AoE weapons even more since they'll have a easy time to keep up all the on-kill buffs.

Edit: Somebody else mentioned this already a bit later in the replies but I figured elaborating on it could be useful. On kill doesn't even work properly in the game all the time (if a status proc kills the enemy that kill is not considered to be done by the gun which triggered the proc). This has been causing me huge headaches with stuff like Arcane Pistoleer for example. But Acid Shells on the other hand works just fine with status procs. Please make sure if you don't want to change your mind about the on-kill triggers to at least implement it so that it works with procs too!

Edited by Smurfdaddy
  • Like 16

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Bonus: Beam Weapon Mods! 
4) General Beam Weapon Mod Change:

Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach are now slottable in the Exilus slot and their text changed from "+X Range" to "+X Beam Length"
Why: While we are in the revision process for all things Mods, some well reasoned suggestions made it aboard! 

Could you guys do a pass on Combustion Beam, Concealed Explosives, Thunderbolt? These have always been thematicly cool mods that did jack once you cleared the star chart because the flat damage they do isn't affected by mods and is so low it is pointless for higher level content. 

Personally, I would love a more skill designed thing, The explosives be affected by weapon stats and mods, but it's EXPLODING HEADSHOTS! BWHAHAHAHA. Or with the beam, have them inflate and explode for their health pool + Weapon stats + modding. But only if they get X amount of inflation stacks, if you hit something else with the beam, the inflation stacks recedes and they wont explode.

• Like 11

hace 18 minutos, God_is_a_Cat_Girl dijo:

This feels like it will only benefit the new Sister's flux rifle and any other that is beam based because using the Exilus slot on regular non 40 point weapons tends to be an awful experience as you need to polarize nearly all slots to be able to fit 1 extra mod. Not even sure why Split Chamber still costs 15 points.

Don't get me wrong, that's a good change, but until we get the cost of many primary/secondary mods reduced, that slot will be vastly useless and won't fulfil it's purpose. It hurts my brain how some of the best guns in the game are the ones that don't need to sacrifice anything to use that slot.

Overall... Meh? We didn't need power creep, seen pages and pages of people complaining that this power creep is pointless, yet all you did was mostly increase the power creep and reduce the mod cost for the So so Galvanized mods and increased the cost one of them when mod points on non 40 point weapons is at the breaking point?

Edit: Oh, and Arbitrations... I can't say I enjoy playing that and getting 1 vitus every 10 minutes, if I'm lucky enough to even get one. I Don't think that reason why feels that genuine. I'd guess it's because the Steel Path alerts already give people plenty of Essence even if they can't beat the game alone because there's always someone spinning on public anyway. This change just seems geared towards making the mods take longer to be grind for, even worse when there's only 1 mission per hour and only ENDLESS. Can we have something good that isn't endless for once?

Then increase the amount of vitus essence that can be earned, because Im not going to play a whole month for a single mod. Absolute madness. 

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

3) Galvanized Mod Acquisition:

Moved all Galvanized Mods to Arbitrations from Steel Path. 

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades!

First of all, how are we going to get these mods?

Are they all in the shop or are you adding them all to the rotation drops?

The rotation drops are already really cluttered, making the original purpose of farming Endo harder with each new item addition.

Also I disagree with this reasoning, growing stronger as you work your way through the Steel Path wouldn't be all that different from growing stronger as you clear the regular star chart.

Imagine if people suddenly started complaining about how they're supposed to clear the regular start chart without obtaining Serration and Split Chamber before they even attempt it. Obtaining better versions of previous mods on "New Game+" is a pretty common concept in other games.

The same logic already kind of applies to Arbitrations, it's a "No Failure" mode, which heavily punishes just getting downed, this mode also happens to have one of the best options to make yourself not go down, Adaptation drops from actually playing the missions and nowhere else.

If you want to make sure you die a lot less, you have to play the "Die once and fail" mode.

Why not, play the deal a ton of damage mode to deal even more damage?

29 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Primary and Secondary Merciless Arcanes:

- Reduced MERCILESS Arcanes Duration from 6 to 4 secs
Why: We’re simply continuing to balance these (even after posting)! In practice, we felt lowering it was a better start given the pace of true Merciless enemy killing!

I think it's getting a little too short, we can move fast from one enemy group to the next, but 4 secconds are cutting it real close and will often force you to start over if you travel from one room to the next.

• Like 10

Just to reillterate, there are a lot of drop tables in the game that are oversatuated and difficult to target things. It would be super sweet to have them drop AND be avalible from a vendor. Have Orphix stuff buyable from Father, Disruption from Little Duck, and Arbitration and what not as it is. Then make other stuff avalible from various vendors for credits. 

• Like 7

il y a 6 minutes, XzWasPzX a dit :

Then increase the amount of vitus essence that can be earned, because Im not going to play a whole month for a single mod. Absolute madness. 

That's exactly what I was thinking about
The drop rate of vitus essence is atrocious, not mentioning the fact that arbitrations are really, really boring
I really hope it'll not be some 85 essence mods

Give us a double ressource booster with the affinity booster at least

Edited by Maryph
  • Like 8

All the capacity drops really good changes and new mod for beam weapon but WHY arbitration , no one's plays arbitration because 

1 u die game over if team do not revive

2 that (Vitus Essence) too  rare

3 1 type of mission per hour  

SO better to make those mod drop in both Arbitration and SP 

because doing SP is way easier ( for some)than doing  those arbitration( for newer player).

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, (NSW)AintNothinButAHound said:

2) I'm still a bit concerned about the 'on kill' condition for these new gadgets - feels like they'd only bring already strong guns further ahead of weaker weapons that can't get the condition off in the first place. You shouldn't be able to MK-1 Braton your way through Steel Path of course, the concern's with non-beginner guns that can't compete.

Excellent point. There are a bunch of "On Kill" effects that don't happen because often status procs would kill the enemy and the weapon doesn't get credit or another player kills them. Rather have it like with the Synth set with companions where the weapon just had to damage the enemy before it died for the effect to trigger.

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

I understand that but like can we have both ? 

I need fun place to spend my steel essence ^.^ that or just add floofs in steel path maybe ? 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi, so just leave them in the Steel Path store and add them to Arbitrations for those who do not want to play on SP? Not sure why the decision had to be one or the other. Player choice is healthy. 

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Excellent point. There are a bunch of "On Kill" effects that don't happen because often status procs would kill the enemy and the weapon doesn't get credit or another player kills them. Rather have it like with the Synth set with companions where the weapon just had to damage the enemy before it died for the effect to trigger.

That'd definitely a problem too (read: Slash Procs/Saryn Mains stealing your kills). Think your suggestion would be a good in-between, since just having it proc on hit might be too far in the opposite direction.

• Like 3

Terrible alterations

None of these last minute changes are anything we the community responded about.

Firstly.

Arbitrations is more of a pain than steel path and they are too close on the acquisition. Being at the end of the star chart.

If you want people to use guns over melee you should buff the existing mods and leave melee alone from the point uou nerfed the melee mods.

At that point would they be used more.

Secondly.

The helminth system additions...

Do you really think its fair to discriminate against the players that enjoy the system by saying they dont get the experience from the warframes after rank 10. Thats unjustifiably unfair.

Thirdly.

Arcane slot unlockers are added grind that makes primary EVEN more a pain to make good.

TL;DR: these nerfs and "buffs" as you call it are not the direction the community need or wanted and these need a rethink. Warframe is a power fantasy hored shooter.  i feel this is being take away feom this.

I hope this reaches DE so they can see this from a fresh perspective and ill always respect DEs choice but i along the community are afraid of the nerfs to come making warframe closer to a ability fest insted of loadout synergistic.

• Like 25

Considering the arcanes for primary and secondary weapons are identical in effect, any reason we are being asked to grind them out twice? Can they not be universal for gun-type weapons? We see in the latest frame release it is possible to use the same arcane twice for the same Warframe. I think this approach should be applied to weapon arcanes which literally do the same thing. 

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, LightOfDuskandDawn said:

Might want to specify whether you mean that the new Galvanized mods drop from enemies in Arbitrations (like... eximus units), the store, or are being added to the drop table rotations. I would assume the store, but not specifying is going to cause a lot of wild speculation.

Good point. I believe since it was originally in the SP shop it will more than likely be moving over to the Arbi shop instead.

38 minutes ago, LightOfDuskandDawn said:

Might want to specify whether you mean that the new Galvanized mods drop from enemies in Arbitrations (like... eximus units), the store, or are being added to the drop table rotations. I would assume the store, but not specifying is going to cause a lot of wild speculation.

On reddit she confirmed we will be buying them from the shop with Vitus Essence

• Like 5