Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Arsenal Divide: Changes & Follow Ups

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, ScionNinja14 said:

What do you mean why. How are people supposed to get mods to kill steel path enemies by farming the steel path which they can't kill enemies in? Makes perfect sense to me to put it in between steel path and normal star chart

Every player who completes the story has excal umbra. Excal’s chromatic blade eats steel path enemies for breakfast and none of the mods it uses are being “balanced”. People pretending that steel path enemies can’t be beaten aren’t trying hard enough.

5 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Yes because it was absolutely impossible to run guns in SP until now. Completely impossible.

I like how people that have never run Steel Path are in charge of determining how "difficult" SP is "supposed" to be.

Meanwhile half the available arsenal works in SP just fine.

Yeah it's such a weird argument, feels like people haven't ever used guns on steel path.

First, I am really glad I have been playing Arbitrations a lot recently.

Second, this still doesn't really solve the main issue: that the divide is not "neutralized" but shifted to another space.

Instead of there being a divide between Melee and Guns, the divide between Meta and non-Meta weapons is increased. Burston, Stug etc. will be even more outshined by Bramma, Nukor (despite the nerf) and so on. 

I really, REALLY hope that at one point you guys sit down, look at the usage statistics from the lower end for once and start considering why nobody uses Burston Prime, Stug, Braton Prime, Bows (except for Bramma), all Vipers, Flux Rifle and many other single target weapons.

Great changes all around! However, there are two mods I'd request a change to:

Galvanized Scope and Crosshairs: Please, remove the "when Aiming" limitation.

Reasoning: For those of us who play in a run-and-gun, shoot from the hip fashion, these main crit mods become all but completely lose their effect. One could possibly change them from being the Argon Scope / Hydraulic Crosshairs counterparts to being the Point Strike / Pistol Gambit ones, respectively. There would be a crit chance loss from this for those who run both the normal and the conditional critical chance mods which may warrant a slight buff, see Spoiler below for math.

Spoiler

Point Strike: 150%
Argon Scope: 135%

Pistol Gambit (Primed): 120% (187%)
Hydraulic Crosshairs: 135%

Galvanized (Primary and Secondary): 120% + 200% = 320%

Point Strike + Galvanized = 470%
Galvanized + Argon Scope = 455%
(Difference: 15%)

Pistol Gambit (Primed) + Galvanized = 440% (507%)
Galvanized + Hydraulic Crosshairs = 455%
(Difference: 15% (52%))

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Bonus: Beam Weapon Mods! 
4) General Beam Weapon Mod Change:

Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach are now slottable in the Exilus slot and their text changed from "+X Range" to "+X Beam Length"
Why: While we are in the revision process for all things Mods, some well reasoned suggestions made it aboard! 

Can we get a fix for Ballista Measure with this as well? It was released undocumented about a year ago and the mod has an inconsistent description and doesn't appear to do anything for Archguns. Please don't forget about this mod. 

Also, for consistent weapon range modifiers, can (Primed) Firestorm/Fulmination get static range increases instead of percentage like melee received?

- Galvanized Diffusion - Base multishot increased from 80% to 110%. Mod Capacity increased from 12 to 14

Is this meant to be the other way around for the mod capacity? It was already 14 cost in the first reveal, and 12 makes more sense since 11+1 is the same as the other two which are now 15+1 for the cost.

Primary and Secondary Merciless Arcanes:
- Reduced MERCILESS Arcanes Duration from 6 to 4 secs
Why: We’re simply continuing to balance these (even after posting)! In practice, we felt lowering it was a better start given the pace of true Merciless enemy killing!

I just want to point out the main difference between melee and these firearm stacks you are planning to add. Melee has Naramon Passive and combo duration mods, even Dexterity arcane you are about to add gives anothe 7,5s. When we use melee combo - we keep it on during the mission and build to keep it up easier. But here you cut already a very short duration of 6s to 4s where condition to stack it up is "on kill" compared to melee combo "on hit". And if we don't build to keep up combo then we just go straight to HEAVY builds and forget about combo stacks completely in exchange to instant damage burst. Do you have anything like this for Firearms?

4 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

I really, REALLY hope that at one point you guys sit down, look at the usage statistics from the lower end for once and start considering why nobody uses Burston Prime, Stug, Braton Prime, Bows (except for Bramma), all Vipers, Flux Rifle and many other single target weapons.

You don't even need to look at the usage statistics to see why people don't use those weapons often-if-at-all.

It's because the game as it currently is very quickly snowballs into a Kill-or-be-killed state, if you aren't deleting all enemies at all times you run the risk of getting pelted by a single hitscan bullet and losing a sizable chunk of your health, or getting your shields broken which means the next bullet will likely delete you from the game.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

You don't even need to look at the usage statistics to see why people don't use those weapons often-if-at-all.

It's because the game as it currently is very quickly snowballs into a Kill-or-be-killed state, if you aren't deleting all enemies at all times you run the risk of getting pelted by a single hitscan bullet and losing a sizable chunk of your health, or getting your shields broken which means the next bullet will likely delete you from the game.

This is why i keep raising discussions about some new type of missions where you have much less enemies, more spread around the map and much more tanky to the point that AOE stops being the most effective way to go and single target weapons start to matter, debuffs and cc start to matter, etc.

3) Galvanized Mod Acquisition:

Moved all Galvanized Mods to Arbitrations from Steel Path. 

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

If this is going to happen, could you run more concurrent Arbitrations? Having just one mission to pick from every hour has always been a bit "meh". That or sell the mods from both shops. Playing SP is more varied and fun than Arbitrations.

New mods should all work on exalted weapons, especially since many of the exalted weapon builds need help on the Steel Path.  And for that matter, there shouldn't BE a mod divide for ANY of the weapons and all exalted weapons should be balanced well enough that they should be able to use all weapons.  I mean, if we're balancing for Steel Path now (which is what this update is doing), then we should accept that anything built for Steel Path will viciously dominate everything that's not Steel Path.

The Arsenal Divide

There will be AoE weapons from the sisters, right? Please put it a pin-up reminder that all AoE are to be balanced thoroughly before release, so as to avoid them getting popular and have to made players unhappy by nerfing them later.

Please explain me how I'm suppose to equip any of those new mods ? I'm full forma, each slot with the right polarity and I'm still at 0 / 60 I can not even equip amalgam to begin with.

unknown.png

Understand as well that I cannot properly have different Elemental build because of Cold being the only Varazin polarity 

à l’instant, Almagnus1 a dit :

New mods should all work on exalted weapons, especially since many of the exalted weapon builds need help on the Steel Path.  And for that matter, there shouldn't BE a mod divide for ANY of the weapons and all exalted weapons should be balanced well enough that they should be able to use all weapons.  I mean, if we're balancing for Steel Path now (which is what this update is doing), then we should accept that anything built for Steel Path will viciously dominate everything that's not Steel Path.

Aside from the Artemis and the regulators, I can't think of a weapon that's used as a primaries or secondaries

All of the others are melee, and there're no new mods for them
But yes, I'm all for being able to put those new mods on those two exalted, even if I think that regulators don't really need that

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

If only there were some kind of currency that you could get from Arbitrations.
Some kind of currency that dropped from enemies in that game mode that also had a shop to rely on that hasn't seen greater use since Update 26.0.

Thanks for reconsidering how much of a miss it was to tuck away mods intended to make using non-melee weapons on Steel Path require Steel Essence at least.🥴

I have to say I am not particularly happy about this. I want to do steelpath, but I definitely don't want to do arbies anymore. Why not make the mods available from both arbies and steel path so players going after this can have a choice?

Hey, just think you're really making a terrible mistake by switching stuff to arbitrations at this late hour, i don't know if you're just listening to randos complaining or what but something probably needs to be addressed in your decision-making process

1 minute ago, Renzo said:

I have to say I am not particularly happy about this. I want to do steelpath, but I definitely don't want to do arbies anymore. Why not make the mods available from both arbies and steel path so players going after this can have a choice?

My snarky reply might be moot, as allegedly Reb announced on Reddit that it was the Arby shop, so Vitus Essence instead of RNG Rewards.

Archived