With moving the new Galvanized mods from Teshin shop to the Arbitration Shop why not add a way to exchange Steel Essence for Vitus Essence

Zyocuh

I know with the initial dev workshop MANY players didn't want the new mods to be locked behind Teshin shop, but many players either didn't mind it or actually enjoyed it being there. For me it gave a better reason to farm steel essence. Currently SE best use besides weekly is just Kuva. Once you get your rolls you don't need that much Kuva anymore. With my suggested change the Steel Essence you will be getting when farming the Arcanes can also be used to get the mods, like originally stated.   

I was thinking of 2,3 or even 5 Steel Essence to 1 Vitus Essence. I don't think 1-1 would be very fair. I think this should make both sides happy.   

I know a lot of people asked for arbitrations since it is a "stepping stone" to steel path, but I TRULY dont understand it.  

Arbitrations have  

1. Worse spawn rates than SP. Solo it is REALLY bad but with 4 players the spawns just trickle still.  

2. Disable warfame nukes and AoE guns. All of your cool frame abilities that do THINGS, not even damage, but CC or debuff or w.e just dont work.

3. The awful respawn mechanic, again this makes it really bad to go solo.   

4. Only once choice of mission per hour and are ALL endless. No exterminates, spy, rescue etc.

Steel Path

1. You can choose any mission you enjoy at anytime. You love survival more power to you, excavation since you also might want cryotic go for it.

2. The extra resource drop buffs you get

3. Along with any mission, that also means any enemy types. You enjoy grenieer since they are beefier or infested since they are numerous.

4. Going solo isnt as bad, going solo also means you can pause, go grab food or take a break and come back if you need to.

Lastly The arbitration shop already has MANY good rewards in them. From mods, to statues for Endo to Kuva. Steel Path ONLY has Kuva that is useful. After that nothing else in the SP shop is useful to farm

Edited by Zyocuh
Added more information to the main post
  • Like 6

The alternative is also just not removing them from Steel Path and let both shops be options.

IDK how many people would want to trade essences otherwise. I do Steel Path much more and the thought of trading essences is..."meh", in a nutshell. I just don't buy anything from the Arbitration shop.

• Like 4

Or just put them in both shops.

1 minute ago, Tyreaus said:

IDK how many people would want to trade essences otherwise. I do Steel Path much more and the thought of trading essences is..."meh", in a nutshell. I just don't buy anything from the Arbitration shop.

I would, because I don't really like Arbitrations. But it also means I'd never play Arbitrations again, which probably isn't the desired effect...

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 4

I think the game's economy needs to be overhauled globally but not now, these new mods are fine in Arbitres. 

The focus of the update is to make the weapons buff globally accessible so placing them in referees is closer to the casual player.

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I would, because I don't really like Arbitrations. But it also means I'd never play Arbitrations again, which probably isn't the desired effect...

I'm not a fan either but I also don't have much of anything in the Arbitration shop I want. It's the arcane drops I'm hunting for lol.

9 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Or just put them in both shops.

You say that, but remember, before this post it was in the steel shop. So they didnt care about arbitrations being played or not. They only moved it because players complained NOT because they want arbitrations played more.

18 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

The alternative is also just not removing them from Steel Path and let both shops be options.

Well I find it hard to believe that they will do both. I personally would LOVE if they do both as well. But that might devalue the mods more than they want? But yeah if they do both that would be great

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Farming virus essence can be pretty dull, at least you can get steel essence on any mission

I'd be more OK with them being just in Arbitrations if they decided to run more concurrent missions. Give me a Defense and a Survival and an Excavation and let me pick which ones i want to join. Having just one cycling mission has always been very meh.

Just now, Zyocuh said:

You say that, but remember, before this post it was in the steel shop. So they didnt care about arbitrations being played or not. They only moved it because players complained NOT because they want arbitrations played more.

But I don't see why they'd want Arbitrations to be played less, which is one of the things a conversion method would do. They'd also have to contend with the higher Steel Essence gains allowing players to buy Rivens and Ayatans faster than with Vitus Essence.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

But I don't see why they'd want Arbitrations to be played less, which is one of the things a conversion method would do. They'd also have to contend with the higher Steel Essence gains allowing players to buy Rivens and Ayatans faster than with Vitus Essence.

The amount arbitrations wouldnt have changed from NOW until after the patch. Again they had it in the steel path. So arbitrations to them were fine as is. Arbitrations are, as they say, a stepping stone for SP. So if you can do SP, then you could do arbitrations. Then the Steel Essence is a greater currency than Vital essence. Would make sense to be able to use the harder currency on the easier shop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

As I mentioned just now, i find it confusing. Old steel path was entirely based on rng regarding acquisition of essence. DE deemed it unfair, and changed it to fixed and with incursions guaranteed ones. Multiple at that.

But, arbitrations currently are still mostly rng based, with only a single guaranteed one each rotation, which even after multiple hours can't get you most of any items there. 

I also mentioned i do understand the change, i just wanted to throw out that arbitrations almost suffer the same as old steel path regarding acquisition and engagement with the store. 

(I excluded the guaranteed 1 essence per rotation on purpose)

I hope that means that arbitrations will get future changes.. fingers crossed.

I know a lot of people asked for arbitrations since it is a "stepping stone" to steel path, but I TRULY dont understand it.  

Arbitrations have  

1. Worse spawn rates than SP. Solo it is REALLY bad but with 4 players the spawns just trickle still.  

2. Disable warfame nukes and AoE guns. All of your cool frame abilities that do THINGS, not even damage, but CC or debuff or w.e just dont work.

3. The awful respawn mechanic, again this makes it really bad to go solo.   

4. Only once choice of mission per hour and are ALL endless. No exterminates, spy, rescue etc.

Steel Path

1. You can choose any mission you enjoy at anytime. You love survival more power to you, excavation since you also might want cryotic go for it.

2. The extra resource drop buffs you get

3. Along with any mission, that also means any enemy types. You enjoy grenieer since they are beefier or infested since they are numerous.

4. Going solo isnt as bad, going solo also means you can pause, go grab food or take a break and come back if you need to.

Lastly The arbitration shop already has MANY good rewards in them. From mods, to statues for Endo to Kuva. Steel Path ONLY has Kuva that is useful. After that nothing else in the SP shop is useful to farm

• Like 5

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Zyocuh:

I know with the initial dev workshop MANY players didn't want the new mods to be locked behind Teshin shop, but many players either didn't mind it or actually enjoyed it being there. For me it gave a better reason to farm steel essence. Currently SE best use besides weekly is just Kuva. Once you get your rolls you don't need that much Kuva anymore. With my suggested change the Steel Essence you will be getting when farming the Arcanes can also be used to get the mods, like originally stated.   

I was thinking of 2,3 or even 5 Steel Essence to 1 Vitus Essence. I don't think 1-1 would be very fair. I think this should make both sides happy. 

you are already thinking in the right direction.
it should go much further and players should be able to farm almost everything EVERYWHERE. then everyone can play their favorite game mode against their favorite enemies in their favorite map.....

there is currently too much lousy content that doesn't work or, as I said, it is poorly designed.

Just now, Battle.Mage said:

you are already thinking in the right direction.
it should go much further and players should be able to farm almost everything EVERYWHERE. then everyone can play their favorite game mode against their favorite enemies in their favorite map.....

there is currently too much lousy content that doesn't work or, as I said, it is poorly designed.

I personally was EXTREMELY excited for this next update since it gave SP players something really good to farm for. Killing the acolyte gave you the arcane and then the mods in the store. Arbitrations players already have great rewards in their shop and from the rotations, while SP was lacking A LOT.

• Like 1

ahahah

players "WHY DE PUTS THE NEW STUFF FOR STEEL PATH ON STEEL PATH?!!?!? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!! NO ONE THINKS IN DE!!"

DE: *move the mods over arbitrations so players needs to play content*

players "WHY DE PUTS THE NEW STUFF FOR STEEL PATH OUTSIDE STEEL PATH!?!?!?!?!?! IT DOSEN'T MAKE SENSE!!! NO ONE THINKS IN DE!!!"

What the hell you people want? All mods on rotation A on hydron?

• Like 2

Just now, vanaukas said:

ahahah

players "WHY DE PUTS THE NEW STUFF FOR STEEL PATH ON STEEL PATH?!!?!? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!! NO ONE THINKS IN DE!!"

DE: *move the mods over arbitrations so players needs to play content*

players "WHY DE PUTS THE NEW STUFF FOR STEEL PATH OUTSIDE STEEL PATH!?!?!?!?!?! IT DOSEN'T MAKE SENSE!!! NO ONE THINKS IN DE!!!"

What the hell you people want? All mods on rotation A on hydron?

You do realize that we are probably different players now? Like that ever cross your mind?

• Like 6

galvanized mods should be randomized in terms of  variance and ratio between the fixed and scaling bonus.

they don't all have to be unique but they should be medium/long-term grindable, and they should only drop from certain enemies (edit: and not be found in stores at all).

they should also have random polarities (like rivens). 

Edited by Proscriptor

Just now, Zyocuh said:

You do realize that we are probably different players now? Like that ever cross your mind?

I know, but I've seen some responses here and I know those same players were complaining about the stuff being locked o steel path. Name and shame is an offense here, so I can't point out who :P

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Zyocuh:

I personally was EXTREMELY excited for this next update since it gave SP players something really good to farm for. Killing the acolyte gave you the arcane and then the mods in the store. Arbitrations players already have great rewards in their shop and from the rotations, while SP was lacking A LOT.

the nerfs hit arbi hard. However, those who played it a lot in the past have all the rewards. and a lousy drop rate hardly motivates anyone anymore. the same thing happened with SP.

Another problem is that rewards in SP have been badly adjusted. you need UNIQUE drops here. then why farm slower if you prefer to do fissures. or whoever has unlocked start chat still has 1k SE. well ...
except for kavat scans or secret lab (with mod chance booster + loot frame) I would never play SP.

and i want to see drop chance for arcane live. if it is going to be miserable then people will keep selling prime and just buy it with platinum. I don't think it's the point.

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

and i want to see drop chance for arcane live. if it is going to be miserable then people will keep selling prime and just buy it with platinum. I don't think it's the point.

Well they said you get a 100% chance arcane per acolyte. If they do it evenly split 1/6 it is going to take A LOT of farming

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Zyocuh:

Well they said you get a 100% chance arcane per acolyte. If they do it evenly split 1/6 it is going to take A LOT of farming

promises don't work or don't always work.
because it could be that useless arcanes drop all the time and usable arcanes are extremely rare.

as is the case with stalker. he also has a 100% drop chance for his scrap. only after 7 years did i finally get "war bp". So that's not serious.

but i don't want to dig too much into the theory. patch will be ready soon.

I’m so mad that they actually moved them to arbitrations, just WHY.

arbitrations are worse in every way compared to steel path.

12 vitus compared to 24 steel essence in 60 minutes. (AFFECTED BY BOOSTERS AND KAVATS, SO IT CAN BE 48+) 

can’t choose the game modes you like, and can’t roll fast mission types.

‘invincibility drones that are a hit or miss for most players, I dislike them because they’re unsatisfying.

Enemy spawn rates are default for solo, which just shouldn’t be a thing ever, I hate fissure missions because solo is just boring with the zero enemies.

just, rename it to garbitration if you aren’t gonna fix it DE, it’s so boring and I’m so disappointed that I’m kicked out of the mods because you want me to play a worse steel path. Way to kill the excitement. So bummed out by this, genuinely. had to make a vent post that I tried to keep not anger focused and relatively constructive, and I hope it isn’t mostly anger because that wouldn’t be helpful at all.

I stopped playing Arbitrations when The Steel Path was added to the game. DE likely have the data to validate many other players migrating for the same reason.

Adding a resource conversion method from Steel <> Vitus will only mean Arbitrations will remain ignored by people like me and many others. While not convenient, I understand where DE are coming from and I'm OK with that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Famecans said:

I think the game's economy needs to be overhauled globally but not now, these new mods are fine in Arbitres. 

The focus of the update is to make the weapons buff globally accessible so placing them in referees is closer to the casual player.

Except the part where all of this content is marketed as "endgame". If you want endgame to be less boring, arbitration is not where it goes.

15 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I stopped playing Arbitrations when The Steel Path was added to the game. DE likely have the data to validate many other players migrating for the same reason.

Adding a resource conversion method from Steel <> Vitus will only mean Arbitrations will remain ignored by people like me and many others. While not convenient, I understand where DE are coming from and I'm OK with that.

What is rewarding in the Steel Path shop? Have you compared the 2 shops?   

If you liked arbitrations you had a ton of great stuff already. Rolling guard 15P, power donation 18p, preperation 25p, sculptures foe endo, kuva and like you said Archgun Riven Mod (Veiled) 30P.

If you enjoyed arbitrations they are extremely profitable farm already.

Steel path has NOTHING you can trade in the permanent store. Once a week you can get a riven.

• Like 1