Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A post Directly to the [DE] Staff, and specifically Rebecca. Deja Vu?

SpentCasings

(Not that they will actually read ANY of this unless its on Reddit *shrugs*)

I'd like to preface this with a few things. This is no way an attack personally on any staff at DE, I'm simply just frustrated.

I'm frustrated because I'm seeing old mistakes being made all over again And I just don't get WHY. 

I'm a Firefall refugee. That game was mismanaged and died under similar problems i'm starting to see now. Mechanic and gameplay changes noone asked for, and did nothing to improve the game. Most of the changes were blatant proof that the developers DID NOT ACTUALLY PLAY THIER GAME to understand why things where done they way they are. Some changes where just so pants on head I have no idea HOW they got off the drawing board. 

"HEY this game is about flying around in armored suits and mobility....leeeets aaddd...AIM DOWN SIGHTS!!!! YEAH that's it!!!"

*literally everyone*

"That is a terrible idea why would you do something that would murderously kill our mobility and give us something we dont need? We have no accuracy issues, fix X, Y, Z, instead"

"NAHHHH i'ma do it, Oh by the way? that really cool long range GATLING FREAKING LAZER CANNON that you melt people with? yeah thats a short range mining laser now, cause reasons"

Repeat until death.

I hate new content in your game. I hate it not because of its poor implementation (although thats usually an issue) or bugs (massive issue) I hate it because i know the more hardcore among us will find some way/frame/mod combination to absolutely walk through the content which leads to those frames, mods and what have you immediately being nerfed. DE fanboys/girls/whatever your identity DONT EVEN TRY TO COME FOR ME because look at every single last major event or content drop. SOMETHING GOT NERFED. every. Dang. TIME.

I dont even PLAY steel path. I likely never will. I dont like chewing on uberarmored grineer for 20 minutes alone because my clans mostly dead and i can never get a group going to do stuff like that with. Your method of increasing the difficulty was boring to me, and the way you go about punishing players who USE THE SYSTEMS AVAILABLE to deal with the increased armor/health values and actually kill thier enemies in a timely fashion is also very offputting. 

And the whole "you cant see the animations!!!" Excuse? Is just that, an EXCUSE. A very very HOLLOW one. When we are melleing we are NOT looking at the animations, no matter how fast or slow we are going, We are looking at the next section of grineer to MURDER. Melle in this game is fast and frantic and thats why we like it. Ironically, I actually wanted to make a praise post some time ago when the Battacor was dropped praising your animation department for they work they did. Acutally seeing all the moving parts working on that thing as you fired was very impressive, and it was obvious whoever did those animations put a lot of love in it. Also: the other reason why that is a TERRIBLE cop out excuse, is that I HIGHLTY doubt everyone was double stacking beserker with primed fury. Know why? This is gonna be a kicker...

THERE IS SUCH A THING AS TOO MUCH ATTACK SPEED. :O

My very first riven in this game was Guandao riven. It came with ohhh about 130 some odd critical, 75% attack speed -status chance...basically a pretty good bingo roll for a noobie. Its why its my most used melle weapon in the game. An old clannie tossed me a blood rush and my very low MR butt was zipping around red critting things and having an absolute BALLLL...but oddly enough i had to drop Beserker off the build...the dam thing got so fast, especially once i acquired Valkyr and her eternal war augment that id could barely finish my melle combos, they actually kept resetting and i'd just do this weird stutter thing after only swinging once....There is actually a break point between attack speed and just tossing beserker off for more damage/status/whatever the case may be. This is doubly true for guns in this game. That excuse is just Completely BUNK...sorry not sorry. Try again.

Most of the changes presented are not going to change anything. People are still going to main melle in steel path, the on kill requirements for most of the gun mods (that i have -1000000000000000 intention of ever farming) make them pretty tactically useless unless melle kills count, (lol). Everyone gets a bit nerfed, Your game doesnt change much except for the shuffling of a few gladiator mods onto melle weapons to make up for the bloodrush changes aaand people might take 1 or 2 extra swings to kill high level grineer in a game mode i seldom if ever pick up pub players in when i try it, which speaks to its population. 

Nothing changes and you piss off quite a few players fooooor what? What will be accomplished? Why dont you actually LOOK as to WHY melle is so dominant in your one apparently poorly populated mode and see what changes can be done to bring gun play UP to that level FOR end game content like that. You will NEVER "Diversify the game" by nerfing the dominant thing. You guys keep trying and I'm willing to bet you that behind the Kuva nukor the Catchmoon is still probably one of the more used secondaries....MMO's will NEVER work like that, ive been playing them since at least 2007. and in every one the more mathy/experimental ones among us will find the one frame/character/gun/mod/sword whatever the heck that can dominate and that will be the mainstay. That's in every mmo ever created. We. Break. Your. Crap. Its why i LOVE these games honestly. Stop punishing us for playing your game. Unless it is something that is actually negatively affecting others gameplay or is just inherently broken I dont see the issues. Who is in here complaining? The Grineer?  The last negative things that actually messed with other peoples experiences where Troll Limbos, and Memeing strike atteraxes. Those are LONG gone...

I love warframe just as much as I loved Firefall with a PASSION and i'd like to see this keep going and entertaining me for a few more years, but i'm TIRED of the constant fun policing in this game...I honestly would not be surprised if i have more playtime than a lot of the big wig streamers for this, i WANT to see this game do better, but this is not the way. Its just gonna be Firefall 2. 

6 hours ago, SpentCasings said:

(Not that they will actually read ANY of this unless its on Reddit *shrugs*)

and this is what is fundamentally wrong with their communication. I do not care how BIG reddit is this is their community they should respond to posts here not there

Just now, minininja77 said:

and this is what is fundamentally wrong with their communication. I do not care how BIG reddit is this is their community they should respond to posts here not their

I dont have a reddit, feel free to toss it on there if you like it. I just needed to vent *shrugs*

If this goes live ill likely just leave. I'm tired. 

If you have feedback and you genuinely want DE to read it, put it in the feedback section.  That's where they go to read things.

General Discussion tends to be non-constructive and is not worth wading through, for players and especially devs.

Just now, Tyreaus said:

So, I'm free to be corrected, but I remember Rebecca being the community manager. Or supervisor. Some role of that sort.

She's the messenger, not the head-honcho making decisions.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Correct.

With her Quiette Shy persona she has a lot of influence among the devs, by being a straight to the point, and still constructive YouTuber.

But her only power is to give good feedback and try to influence them. She doesn't make the decisions. She's the PR rep. 

Nah, GD is usually extremely constructive, but 99.9% of the time it's just armchair thinkers arguing about pointless sh*t while racing for the most obnoxious, condescending and passive aggressive 2nd post in the thread that's meant to directly insult the TC

I really wonder why don't they join their local debate club already, or make one themselves if there aren't any

the Devs don't usually lurk around here.. I'm sure anyone who's been here for more than 5 mins can understand why... you'd be better off in feedback.

1 hour ago, Sovyul said:

I really wonder why don't they join their local debate club already, or make one themselves if there aren't any

unless the debate club happens via voice chat, it's simple: people will usually act hard on the internet knowing that they are not going to be held to account for what they say in a physical manner, but if you're standing in front of someone and say something they don't like, they can throw hands if they want. obviously that's not good debating but what I'm saying is people talk trash over the net because they can. in a real debate club they could be held accountable for being stupid, and they know that.

if someone gets offended over the internet, it's just words, but if someone is offended IRL, anything can and might happen. 

1 hour ago, Tyreaus said:

So, I'm free to be corrected, but I remember Rebecca being the community manager. Or supervisor. Some role of that sort.

She's the messenger, not the head-honcho making decisions.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Well then she can deliver the message to the people responsible for these upcoming changes.

@SpentCasingsT@SpentThere is a feedback section in this forum called "Feedback". Now, I'm going to be honest here: How are you expecting DE Rebecca to read your post when you didn't even have the common decency to post it where either she or someone from the staff always read from? You didn't even try. You didn't bother to read the info regarding the forums yet you are "demanding" (childishly) that they read your words. C'mon bruh, LET'S GO! Let's put the little effort in and FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS before you tell them how wrong they are regarding their game and how they are not FOLLOWING PLAYER DIRECTIONS.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

That’s just Rebecca and Megan. They are part of the community team and don’t take part in decision making for the balance of the game.

Actually, most do play. Pablo and Sheldon even discussed their MR levels and accounts on a devstream before. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

the Devs don't usually lurk around here.. I'm sure anyone who's been here for more than 5 mins can understand why... you'd be better off in feedback.

unless the debate club happens via voice chat, it's simple: people will usually act hard on the internet knowing that they are not going to be held to account for what they say in a physical manner, but if you're standing in front of someone and say something they don't like, they can throw hands if they want. obviously that's not good debating but what I'm saying is people talk trash over the net because they can. in a real debate club they could be held accountable for being stupid, and they know that.

if someone gets offended over the internet, it's just words, but if someone is offended IRL, anything can and might happen. 

Street life teaches this lesson well. I still remember when a keyboard warrior failed to realize he was threatening a real thug who had access to finding where people lived. Dude regrets that now.

As others have suggested , you are better of in feedback if you want to increase your chances of being noticed by someone from DE.

And i do agree with some of it, mostly that the changes will actually change only a little from diversity perspective.

But i do disagree that all changes are bad (some definitely are) , trying  to maintain the status quo will only cause people to be bored faster.

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I've run into devs while randomly playing public games.

They, indeed, most definitely play their own game. 

It's always awesome to see them in a rando match. I ran into a [DE]Marcus years ago and that dude rocked the Interception mission. I learned about Frost's snow globe's true damage when it blows away enemies on that day. 😂

Firefall launched in 2014 to mixed reviews primarily criticizing the quest design as repetitive and lackluster group play mechanics, as well as slow world-travel between areas.[citation needed] Contrasting this, it has been praised for its friendly player community and visually pleasing panoramic areas.

-Source: Wikipedia.

Change the word "Firefall" to "Warframe" and any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental.

19 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Correct.

With her Quiette Shy persona she has a lot of influence among the devs, by being a straight to the point, and still constructive YouTuber.

But her only power is to give good feedback and try to influence them. She doesn't make the decisions. She's the PR rep. 

Wait a minute, you think that Quiette is Rebecca? This is a conspiracy of a never-before-seen proportions.

Archived