Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving galvanised mods to arbitrations just kills any excitement I had for them.

drsnivy

2 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

if they are even usable ... and you only know that when it's live. description often says nothing at all and there are always hidden mechanics. example would be Pax Charge. great on paper and then you put the thing for shotgun and tears with laughter flow like a river. if you've been to wiki and read what the difference between rank 0 and max rank is ... then you roll on the floor laughing.
you are probably looking into the future or have secret information ???

Much ado about nothing.

16 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Yeah, why do the devs want us to actually play their game? That is a VERY good question. No wait, it is not.

so grinding the same crap game mode again for essentially a failed balance patch is gameplay for you? good for you, you will never run out of content in this game.

and when they overbuffed melee by just changing the system itself instead of bandaiding it with new mods to grind for, people still played the game for that update. so this argument is a failure from the start when you think for 2 minutes.

6 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

Didnt think i had to state the obvious... New single use stuff that sells > New single use stuff that doesnt sell. 

People who farm arbitrations have one more thing to make their time more worth it while more casual players have one more thing to make some plat off of.
I made a post earlier why the Arbitration Store is better that the Steel Path one and demand for store items is the main reason. Outside of Kuva theres literally nothing in Teshin's bag worth farming SE for. Only good rewards are a single purchase weekly, meaning you dont need more than 175 SE a week to buy the good stuff. VE on the other hand the more you have of it the more you profit off of it. So it comes to reason that those who farm it want to make the most out of it.

This doesnt sound very reasonable. Anyone can go farm Arbies rn, no matter their stockpile of plat. And more expensive items equal more plat getting bought for it. So i dont see anything negative in farmers getting some plat and DE making profit off of it. Do you hate items being expensive or smth? Do nerves pop on your forehead when you see a primed mod for 100p+? What's your real reason here?

It still boils down to the same thing though doesn't it, greedy higher level players that are going to gouge newer players who see the shinys, don't realise what they're actually worth(very little) and will blindly pay an unreasonable amount for them. And yeh, you're damn right I'm against that. Newer players can go to arbis sure, they might get 15 -30 vitus in one lucky pub run. But I for example can go and get 200 vitus in an hour or so and sell them at ripoff prices. I'm not going to because I have a conscience but I guarantee many others will. So yeh, I'm not a fan of that. I don't care about primed mods I'm not sure why you used that example, they're one of the few things you have to actually put a little effort into to earn any profit from.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I for example can go and get 200 vitus in an hour or so and sell them at ripoff prices.

No, you can't, because there are literally thousands of other people who can do the exact same thing and each one is willing to underbid the sell price by a few plat until, invisible hand be praised, the true WFM price emerges within a day or so of them dropping. 

25 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

No, you can't, because there are literally thousands of other people who can do the exact same thing and each one is willing to underbid the sell price by a few plat until, invisible hand be praised, the true WFM price emerges within a day or so of them dropping. 

Works in theory, never in practice. 

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It still boils down to the same thing though doesn't it, greedy higher level players that are going to gouge newer players who see the shinys, don't realise what they're actually worth(very little) and will blindly pay an unreasonable amount for them. And yeh, you're damn right I'm against that. Newer players can go to arbis sure, they might get 15 -30 vitus in one lucky pub run. But I for example can go and get 200 vitus in an hour or so and sell them at ripoff prices. I'm not going to because I have a conscience but I guarantee many others will. So yeh, I'm not a fan of that. I don't care about primed mods I'm not sure why you used that example, they're one of the few things you have to actually put a little effort into to earn any profit from.

That's a very negative outlook and it's making a lot of assumptions. If you're very sour and expect the worst it's a personal issue and nothing that applies in game.  I wasnt talking about ripping people off, i was saying that now that its easier to get them the mods will lose their value. You seem to assume they would initially be overpriced before the drop chance increase which doesnt make sense. Its a free market, things sell for what people are willing to pay. Extreme listings and scammers are not the rule. 

1 hour ago, T-Shark69 said:

That's a very negative outlook and it's making a lot of assumptions. If you're very sour and expect the worst it's a personal issue and nothing that applies in game.  I wasnt talking about ripping people off, i was saying that now that its easier to get them the mods will lose their value. You seem to assume they would initially be overpriced before the drop chance increase which doesnt make sense. Its a free market, things sell for what people are willing to pay. Extreme listings and scammers are not the rule. 

Less negative more realistic. I never accused you specifically of this but that is sadly the majority of the big traders. I absolutely do assume quite correctly that the mods will be overpriced in the market initially for newer players to buy before dropping after the greedy ones have earned their plat and moved on to newer things. It's nothing to do with extreme listings, that's the reality of the market, I've been playing long enough to know that. This "free market" business is always thrown around and while yes it's true, it doesn't change the fact that the uninformed are only willing to pay that because they don't know any better. And yes, I'm against people who prey on those types of people in the market, I don't consider that a personal issue, I consider it having a conscience.

Something tells me we're not gonna agree here mate.

2 hours ago, -Augustus- said:

Right, right, which is why you never see sharply declining price curves under the statistics tab when something new gets added. Oh, wait 🤣

Oh you see the idiotic ppl trying to sell lower in a panic sure when some new easier way to get something occurs but when something new comes out the price is high for the first few days, it always is. And I'm not a fan of people who rip off new players during that time.

8 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I absolutely do assume quite correctly that the mods will be overpriced in the market initially for newer players to buy before dropping after the greedy ones have earned their plat and moved on to newer things.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

when something new comes out the price is high for the first few days, it always is.

That has nothing to do with greed tho. First few days demand is high and supply low. Hence the high prices. When the price gets lowered later on is due to these two normalizing. Overpricing is when there are much higher listings after the price has settled to "the norm". 
This is the reality of things, not the "greedy players" you keep talking about. But you're right, there's no way I'm gonna agree with someone having such a wrong outlook on things. Cheers.

19 hours ago, Miser_able said:

except that youre still going to be doing steel path, because thats where the acolytes spawn and they are going to drop the new arcanes. I dont get why you cant grasp that.

But that doesnt matter. It is about what saves you the most essence since saving essence is your main concern/point. Getting no essence at all allows you to save no essence in the first place, which is what happens with galv mods being placed in arbitrations. And this is if we ignore that the sisters are being introduced aswell, further increasing how off the beaten path arbitrations are since they increase your ranged buff grind by the double compared to having it in SP (grinding mods and arcanes at the same time), SP only would have allowed you to move on to the new sisters quicker, or having to take less breaks in the sisters grind incase you mix it up.

25 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

That has nothing to do with greed tho. First few days demand is high and supply low. Hence the high prices. When the price gets lowered later on is due to these two normalizing. Overpricing is when there are much higher listings after the price has settled to "the norm". 
This is the reality of things, not the "greedy players" you keep talking about. But you're right, there's no way I'm gonna agree with someone having such a wrong outlook on things. Cheers.

Incorrect but no worries, have a good day.

5 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

That has nothing to do with greed tho.

How is that not greed though? The players are free to set the prices, they decide on high prices, that is the nature of greed. Since we are talking items that are guaranteed and extremely cheape and easy to obtain there is zero reason for high initial prices. It isnt like the game mode itself is new either, so there isnt an initial grind that ups the price. Most people that will sell them already sit on piles of Vitus, so can get their own mods and sell the rest without much worry.

If the mode was new it would be slightly different, since the price would have to weigh in the value of the player either keeping or selling the initial mods obtained. But with arbis as old as they are that just isnt a factor... or atleast shouldnt be in a case where greed supposedly doesnt determine the prices.

Well , I managed to get some essence stocked away to cover costs of one mod each for myself (assuming it remains unchanged on launch) 

I will have some leftover aswell , you can bet your right testicle I will try to convert that into some plat in the first few days so I can then convert it to the arcanes I will mostly likely be missing. 

I didnt originally like arbitrations , but I am starting to (and I am inversely starting to get a dislike for khora in defense missions) even completed one of the arcane sets I was missing.

I don't plan to be a regular in arbitrations , but I may drop in for a couple of rotations if it's not a game mode I dislike.

I like how moving the mods to Arbitration defines a clear structure for incoming players to go through. Complete starchart -> Do some arbitrations -> Do some steel path. The player has the option to do steel path still but it encourages some sort of order to the various areas of farming rather than having a bunch of different things to farm with little to no direction. I do like them doubling the vitus drop rate, and since the mods are only 20 vitus each, the farm isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think/hope that this change will make DE revisit Arbitrations to make some minor changes that would be real difference-makers.

Some things about arbitrations vs Steel Path:

- Both the blue and orange booster have some tangible effect on vitus drop rates, while not being guaranteed in comparison to Steel Essence. An additional thing this means is that the MR 30 resource boost blessing has an effect on arbitrations, which is usually useless on kuva or steel essence farms.

- It provides a more "unique" challenge compared to Steel Path, but I still think the drones need to be revisited in terms of how they function.

- Arbitrations encourage using Warframes that self-buff rather than debuff enemies due to enemy immunities from the drones, while the Steel Path is fine with either but the enhanced armor and shield values really encourage enemy debuffing.

- Companions shouldn't insta-die on Arbitration. 

- Gamemodes like defense really need to be fixed for Arbitration and/or there needs to be 2-3 options per hour for the alerts (think steel path incursions but hourly)

- Maybe the arbitration drones should have a connection limit? (5 chained enemies max?)

- As many people have stated, Steel Path enemy spawnrates should apply to Arbitrations, just to make them more satisfying to play.

If you agree or disagree with any of this stuff feel free to let me know why.

14 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Oh you see the idiotic ppl trying to sell lower in a panic sure when some new easier way to get something occurs but when something new comes out the price is high for the first few days, it always is. And I'm not a fan of people who rip off new players during that time.

Please stay far, far away from economics :)

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

snip

I don't plan to be a regular in arbitrations , but I may drop in for a couple of rotations if it's not a game mode I dislike.

For me solo that's the problem, I hate most of the modes and sitting around waiting for a gamemode I like is bad, if you could flag the ones you like and then get an alert would be cool, I've done that much Arbitration in the past to get all the arcanes and other rewards multiple times, I'm still sort of recovering from Arbi burnout but I'll do it if I want too and get back into the swing of it, not that I need the mods to play the WHOLE game anyway.

18 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Well , I managed to get some essence stocked away to cover costs of one mod each for myself (assuming it remains unchanged on launch) 

I will have some leftover aswell , you can bet your right testicle I will try to convert that into some plat in the first few days so I can then convert it to the arcanes I will mostly likely be missing. 

I didnt originally like arbitrations , but I am starting to (and I am inversely starting to get a dislike for khora in defense missions) even completed one of the arcane sets I was missing.

I sat down yesterday since I have pretty much nothing else to do and farmed most of the vitus needed. I just waited for disruption or defense to be up, ran the disrupts solo with Lavos and then cheesed defense with Protea. I forgot how much I actually enjoyed Arbitration defense since I can control the target perfectly when playing solo. I remembered it as the same braindead operative we get in Sorties, but na, the braindeadyness came from fellow players back when I played arbis last. Solo is much more fun.

Archived