Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving galvanised mods to arbitrations just kills any excitement I had for them.

drsnivy

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It means people can't do arbitrations because it involves actually actively playing and avoiding death.

I do agree that the requirement for active gameplay is higher in arbitrations, my personal problem with them is more related to tedium. I find arbitrations tedious more than difficult. Tedious because there are not multiple missions available at any given time (so you are forced to do missions you may not want to do) and arbitration drones heavily disuade players from using ability-focused caster builds. I don't like content that pigeon-holes player creativity (arbitrations, eidolons, profit taker, steel path etc. all do this to a degree and it can be annoying) with regard to build diversity.

Arbitrations, more than other game modes, heavily encourage tanky weapon-focused setups with big AOE damage weapons to nuke drones. While it is kind of nice to have a game mode that encourages such gameplay it is frustrating that it does so by limiting options.

2 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Arbitration is piss easy, just like everything in the game. The change will just be an annoyance for people that hate that godawful enemy spawn and like to actually earn the upgrades. The mods will be dirt cheap in a week or less, so anyone will be able to buy it anyway. You're fooling yourself if you think this will affect casuals.

I already know this, yet here people are dreading having to play a game mode.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

Or perhabs not all of those people here "dread" arbitrations because of difficulty and instead because they find them very unfun.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

So its not the game mode that's fun, its talking with your friends that is. The mission wouldn't matter then.

Yeh I don't care either way, I'm just laughing pretty hard at seeing the ones(not yourself) who cried on the forums to have the rewards moved from Steel Path get their wish and now cry some more. That being said, Steel Essence is a bit more boring cos it's more solo oriented.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's more dull than difficult but even worse is Vitus. Steel essence is very consistent meanwhile Vitus is definitely annoying to farm.

Again I think putting the rewards on both shops is a pretty reasonable request

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

Or perhabs not all of those people here "dread" arbitrations because of difficulty and instead because they find them very unfun.

It's the same as the rest of the game, except that whole having to concentrate slightly more because you might have to aim at a drone or sit and watch everyone while they scramble to revive a person for the 3rd time. I'll bet my plat PS4 recruit chat has people asking for arby's carries within 1 week of release.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

It's more dull than difficult but even worse is Vitus. Steel essence is very consistent meanwhile Vitus is definitely annoying to farm.

Again I think putting the rewards on both shops is a pretty reasonable request

This is a really good point.

Honestly, if arbitration drones were like minibosses (like acolytes) with guaranteed Vitus drops it would improve the gamemode immensely. 

Make the drones much stronger and spawn them slowly. Improve the AOE of their protection by like 2-3x or something to compensate for them coming in slower.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PSN)Madurai-Prime:

It's the same as the rest of the game, except that whole having to concentrate slightly more because you might have to aim at a drone or sit and watch everyone while they scramble to revive a person for the 3rd time. I'll bet my plat PS4 recruit chat has people asking for arby's carries within 1 week of release.

It isnt the same though, arby drones (enemies I simply do not find fun because of how absolute their ignorance of abilities is) significantly change the mission itself and I cant just choose a mission type that I find fun. With steel path for example I could just go into my favorite gamemode disruption and ignore every single boring survival or interception or whatever.

29 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Ranged combat has always been effective outside of Steel Path.

I agree with this...though I also am a believer that a modest increase to some of the base stats of some ranged combat weapons would have helped currently present mods be more useful in the scaling department.

I mostly am speaking of Railjack Grineer (mostly Void Proxima) when I mention base stat increases, it wouldn't need to be on the degree and scope of Melee's, but plenty of weapons like the Latron and Burston Primes (and even some non-prime weapons) have aged like milk despite their supposed MR rating and would not suffer from some adjustments imo.

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

It isnt the same though, arby drones (enemies I simply do not find fun because of how absolute their ignorance of abilities is) significantly change the mission itself and I cant just choose a mission type that I find fun. With steel path for example I could just go into my favorite gamemode disruption and ignore every single boring survival or interception or whatever.

Not that different from every nullifier you've ever faced.

Totally agree  - Arbis are really boring and give you no choice of mission. You can hardly even die there now since shiledgating. It's a snoozfest (they were more fun when there was still some risk involved). And Vittus essence drops are abysmally inconsistent needing both boosters for chance and amount.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Railjack Grineer

Its always the Grineer that are the problem.

DE just can't get this through their noggin's... The armor to damage reduction scaling is absolutely stupid. It has resulted in one ridiculously tanky faction. This is such a problem that nearly every build/guide specifically targets Grineer. You never see builds/guides targeted at any other faction.

One day I imagine someone at DE will evolve into a big-brain and apply flat damage reduction to enemy armor values (scaling makes sense for players but not for enemies). Set the value to like 75-80% and be done with it. 

5 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Yea I understand that part. Probably wasn't targeted towards you but I have a feeling some people are gonna find arbitrations "harder" than steel path.

Just now, Leqesai said:

Its always the Grineer that are the problem.

Yep, between the "strip it, bypass it or GTFO" armor and hitscan "delete any frame that isn't a tank or Revanent in 2-3 hits" bullets I find so many issues coming back to them.

Of course there's also the player-side problem of "If we can't kill it, Limbo it" that's also present at all other points...and the game mechanic problem of "Kill faster dammit!" being in a lot of the more worthwhile missions it's a wonder anything works these days.

...I'm honestly confused how I can still love Warframe as much as I do despite all of these problems that keep getting either ignored or worsened.

IMO to fixed this problem why not let galvanize mod can be optain on both of game mode ... steelpath and arbitration.. as both game mode are higher difficulty and require to clear all starchart to unlocked it... let player have more option to choose are better to limit only 1 game mode to access this mod type.

and also to fixed random mission type on arbitration why not make arbitration have 5 mission per hour and each always have type of different endurance mission such as survival def interception etc. so it always have endurance mode to enjoy even node still be random it still fine.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Not that different from every nullifier you've ever faced.

Nullifiers are not that absolute and also encourage the use of weapons that are by themselves at a disadvantage: high fire rate weapons, single target weapons. Atleast it felt like that to me before kuva nukor got released, call me crazy if I am. The solution to arbidrones is exactly the type of weapon that's already great: big aoe weapons (like melee). Nullifiers offer a wider variety of solutions which arent already at an advantage.

12 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Nullifiers are not that absolute and also encourage the use of weapons that are by themselves at a disadvantage: high fire rate weapons, single target weapons. Atleast it felt like that to me before kuva nukor got released, call me crazy if I am. The solution to arbidrones is exactly the type of weapon that's already great: big aoe weapons (like melee). Nullifiers offer a wider variety of solutions which arent already at an advantage.

Well yes and no, I tended to snipe drones with Rubico and it worked well. Doesn't need to be AoE just any high damage weapon you can reliably hit with will work. And if go far enough into an endurance run you'll dind nullifiers become about as annoying as the drones. 

Archived