Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving galvanised mods to arbitrations just kills any excitement I had for them.

drsnivy

3 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

Overall negative feelings about this. Vitus being more available and the mods being this cheap means they'll sell for less plat. Prices might drop across the board for store items in general. Vitus gonna despawn so you cant wait for smeeta buff either.

Sigh, will wait and see how it goes then.

Not every new thing added to the game has to be worth plat.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb T-Shark69:

Overall negative feelings about this. Vitus being more available and the mods being this cheap means they'll sell for less plat. Prices might drop across the board for store items in general. Vitus gonna despawn so you cant wait for smeeta buff either.

Sigh, will wait and see how it goes then.

prices will fall, because mods in the current version are junk. you don't have to be clairvoyant to know that everything will work like serrantion mod. and try a trash weapon with buffs like rhino etc. on SP ......... you can only laugh.
or who plays with arcanes from deimos?
or with other mods that can be bought with vitus? just read on wiki how bad this stuff is ... description is misleading.

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yes but it doesn't have to be worth a LOT of plat I mean. 

Why not? Increases DE's profits and incentivizes players to play certain game modes. 

3 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

prices will fall, because mods in the current version are junk.

Doesnt matter at all.  Rare stuff sells better than good stuff. Compare Loki Prime with Wukong Prime prices.

4 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

Yes. 1 plat is also plat ......

Pass.

7 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Why not? Increases DE's profits and incentivizes players to play certain game modes. 

Doesnt matter at all.  Rare stuff sells better than good stuff. Compare Loki Prime with Wukong Prime prices.

Pass.

You sound like you'll suffer profit loss if the prices are lower than you'd hoped for, don't try and pass the buck to DE, they make truckloads from Forma and cosmetics alone let alone all the other things in the game.

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

You sound like you'll suffer profit loss if the prices are lower than you'd hoped for, don't try and pass the buck to DE, they make truckloads from Forma and cosmetics alone let alone all the other things in the game.

The less plat moves around the less DE profits tho. I wont suffer a loss since the price didnt change from the anouncment. But ill probably suffer a loss from the rest of the items sold on the store since VE will have double the chance to drop. On the other hand cant do Smeeta shenanigans anymore so things might not change at all.

6 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

The less plat moves around the less DE profits tho. I wont suffer a loss since the price didnt change from the anouncment. But ill probably suffer a loss from the rest of the items sold on the store since VE will have double the chance to drop. On the other hand cant do Smeeta shenanigans anymore so things might not change at all.

Nobody really knows how it'll all go unless they have a time machine and go into the future to see and come back, either way there'll be winners and losers I'd say, I've never done the smeeta thing, it charms when it charms, though it is nice when all the boosters work together and an acolyte dropped 16 steel essence in one go for me I went wtf. 😱 :shocked:

vor 10 Minuten schrieb T-Shark69:

not always and it depends on other factors. loki was mastery fodder for some.
and there are lots of super rare mods out there, but prices are ridiculous. i used to buy one for 3p and the man farmed it for months.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Slayer-.:

paint yourself a million $ in photoshop if you get too excited for virtual stuff.

11 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

loki was mastery fodder for some.

It is for me too, since im not buying him still, but that doesnt mean im the rule. If people werent willing to buy a set for 600 no one would post it for that. 
You do you, but we all know these mods are gonna sell well.

1 hour ago, T-Shark69 said:

It still doesn't need to be worth a lot of plat, there's plenty of things people can already farm for making plat, not everything has to be a money maker when it's added.

Am 23.6.2021 um 14:39 schrieb drsnivy:

I've checked, the only reward you'd want multiples of are archgun rivens and kuva.
There's just a whole load of bad cosmetics and mods that you'll buy once and never touch again.
Compared to steel path it's got nothing. the drop table rewards are bad too since it's diluted to all hell.

Yes. drop table is miserable. devs haven't redesigned it and they want mr30 players to waste their time here?
it is said all the time that everything else is much quicker and easier to get in other areas. even if you need one mod for tank, you can buy it super cheap with plat. and that's how much you get from a few fissure runs. so really people ........ what are they doing?

5 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You're not giving any good reason why it has to be either. 

Didnt think i had to state the obvious... New single use stuff that sells > New single use stuff that doesnt sell. 

People who farm arbitrations have one more thing to make their time more worth it while more casual players have one more thing to make some plat off of.
I made a post earlier why the Arbitration Store is better that the Steel Path one and demand for store items is the main reason. Outside of Kuva theres literally nothing in Teshin's bag worth farming SE for. Only good rewards are a single purchase weekly, meaning you dont need more than 175 SE a week to buy the good stuff. VE on the other hand the more you have of it the more you profit off of it. So it comes to reason that those who farm it want to make the most out of it.

11 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

than make rich players richer. Pointless really.

This doesnt sound very reasonable. Anyone can go farm Arbies rn, no matter their stockpile of plat. And more expensive items equal more plat getting bought for it. So i dont see anything negative in farmers getting some plat and DE making profit off of it. Do you hate items being expensive or smth? Do nerves pop on your forehead when you see a primed mod for 100p+? What's your real reason here?

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I really dont see how it is a hard concept to grasp.

You wanna save your essence for things like umbra forma, but you get no essence you can even save when doing arbis for mods. If mods were obtained from Teshin you could grind for mods, arcanes and essence all at once and spend the essence on the mods when it would be most suitable. You cannot decide on that now since you'll get no essence to spend while you actively grind for the mods.

Also your analogy is uhm flawed. It would be as if only one store in your whole country sold chicken and that store only accepted a foreign currency.

except that youre still going to be doing steel path, because thats where the acolytes spawn and they are going to drop the new arcanes. I dont get why you cant grasp that.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Miser_able:

except that youre still going to be doing steel path, because thats where the acolytes spawn and they are going to drop the new arcanes. I dont get why you cant grasp that.

if they are even usable ... and you only know that when it's live. description often says nothing at all and there are always hidden mechanics. example would be Pax Charge. great on paper and then you put the thing for shotgun and tears with laughter flow like a river. if you've been to wiki and read what the difference between rank 0 and max rank is ... then you roll on the floor laughing.
you are probably looking into the future or have secret information ???

42 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

if they are even usable ... and you only know that when it's live. description often says nothing at all and there are always hidden mechanics. example would be Pax Charge. great on paper and then you put the thing for shotgun and tears with laughter flow like a river. if you've been to wiki and read what the difference between rank 0 and max rank is ... then you roll on the floor laughing.
you are probably looking into the future or have secret information ???

bad or not people will still farm them.

Archived