Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Tweaks

[DE]Drew

Tenno, 

We're in the process of making a few updates to the forums, the most obvious of which is finally adding a 4k background. In addition, we're expanding the use of tags throughout the forums to help make searching and tracking easier. Topics will be required to include at least 1 tag, and we'll expand the available tags as necessary. We've made the decision to remove the Clan feature, which never quite worked the way we desired and caused more issues than it solved. We apologize for any inconvenience if you found it useful. Other changes include minor tweaks to FAQs and other dated features. 

Thank you for your patience while we make these adjustments. 

Loving the new background!

This is a minor nitpick, but:

dPLZzIN.png

The "WARFRAME" logo kind of blends in with the background in the Dark theme. Any chance it could have white text instead when the Dark theme is used?

39 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Topics will be required to include at least 1 tag, and we'll expand the available tags as necessary.

Why though? Like if I want to start a general discussion thread about how much I like Captain Vor I've gotta tag it as Conclave, PSA, Megathread, Spoilers, or one of the 9 platforms?

Just now, TheArmchairThinker said:

Allow us to choose between old and new background

I'd like this as well, and maybe provide a few other options.

Please try to hide the "Megathread" and "PSA" tag, or at least make it unselectable. We have enough many ego-driven chumps who think that their "I have thoughts about the AkVasto" is a super-important Megathread that will interest all people.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Like if I want to start a general discussion thread about how much I like Captain Vor I've gotta tag it as Conclave, PSA, Megathread, Spoilers, or one of the 9 platforms?

You have the answer in the very text you quoted...

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

we'll expand the available tags as necessary

Huh

16 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Tenno, 

We're in the process of making a few updates to the forums, the most obvious of which is finally adding a 4k background. In addition, we're expanding the use of tags throughout the forums to help make searching and tracking easier. Topics will be required to include at least 1 tag, and we'll expand the available tags as necessary. We've made the decision to remove the Clan feature, which never quite worked the way we desired and caused more issues than it solved. We apologize for any inconvenience if you found it useful. Other changes include minor tweaks to FAQs and other dated features. 

Thank you for your patience while we make these adjustments. 

What am i supposed to do now with no prior warning to the removal of the feature? Isn't there any way i can retrieve the stuff i posted there?

I also had weekly missions and it was easy for me to verify who did what.

I also had the clan details and clan rules which players had to accept to even join the clan, which made kicks always have a valid reason if they happened, it also helped alot when filtering out the potential candidates, because they had to read about the clan inner workings to get in and this would on ocasion make players give up, which was a good thing, i only recruited players on par with the ones in the rest of the clan.

Another problem was the ongoing weekly mission, which some players did and some were in the process of doing, but since the topic is gone, no one knows what to do, how am i going to validate activity?

The selection of available tags is severly lacking. Many feedback and general discussion threads have no relevant tag for them. None of the tags in warframe feedback really apply for example as suggestions and feedback about specific frames are often not tied to a specific platform, are not megathreads, PSAs nor spoilers and are certainly not about conclave. In a similar way general feedback has the available tags "website", "forums" and "nexus app". None of these apply for most of what's in there.

@[DE]Drew we either need more available tags or tags being necessary needs to go away. Otherwise they become meaningless.

You cant really see the Warframe logo anymore with the forums Dark Theme. Im using Dark Reader for instance and the "Warframe" on top is black on dark blue same with builtin Dark Theme. 

Aside from that good joob UI team! Im a dev myself and sometimes css styling can be nightmare.

Thanks.

Cannot lie I found the clan feature very helpful in recruiting as we are on the top of it and many have found us that way because we put time and effort into promoting it. 

I would love a chance to get my membership list out of it, well it already seems to be gone., so I guess that is not possible. Will something be replacing it? Or possibly a channel where you can only post once per week etc with a recruiting message to keep it fair and not have to constantly monitor post bumps?

We really need more recruiting tools, so this is a definite loss for our clan and Alliance.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)BURZYCKI said:

Cannot lie I found the clan feature very helpful in recruiting as we are on the top of it and many have found us that way because we put time and effort into promoting it. 

I would love a chance to get my membership list out of it, well it already seems to be gone., so I guess that is not possible. Will something be replacing it? Or possibly a channel where you can only post once per week etc with a recruiting message to keep it fair and not have to constantly monitor post bumps?

We really need more recruiting tools, so this is a definite loss for our clan and Alliance.

I never really used the clan feature myself, but I very much agree that we need more ways to recruit for our clans with minimal hassle. I feel like you can only do so much in recruiting chat so any alternative ways to recruit for your warframe clans and alliances is very helpful especially if it's on the warframe forums.

Update: 

• Added more tags, and looking to add more (feel free to make suggestions) 
  • Retrieving Clan information for those who request it
  • Looking into better options for easy recruitment
  • Fixing dark logo on Dark Theme
  • The old background cannot be optional (sorry)

12 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:
  • Added more tags, and looking to add more (feel free to make suggestions) 

Here's a couple of Tag suggestions.

Operator

While we have the SPOILERS tag, if you use the Operator tag, the thread will be hidden from players who haven't completed The Second Dream.

Lore

For when discussing topics regarding lore that don't necessarily mean spoilers, or older than a set time.

SPOILERS: (adjustment)

Used in place for topics regarding content added within the last 30 days. After that content. A secondary tag or custom (write in) tag can be applied so you can specify what the content being spoiled is. e.g. "The Second Dream" "The War Within"

SPOILERS PC

Used for new content that shipped to PC first that contains spoilers Console players have yet to access

Lastly a few tags for the feedback/bug reports

Mods

Augments

Stats

Ideas

Suggestions

Changes

Fixes

Bugs

Exploits

Visual Glitch

Archived