Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single target vs AOE weapons in steel path

Danielw8

Quick suggestion for the update incoming, weapons should have innate punch by default, specially smgs, and single target weapons, and also a new arcane for those weapon with "linked" damage (max 2 enemies or something)

Weapons already can kill enemies, if you need power, you can power yourself stripping armor and buffing yourself (mirage, rhino, banshee, xaku), i think the whole point and the big difference from melee, aoe and single target weapons and why nobody choose kuva quartakk (as example) for 2 hours mot survival steel path, is literally this situation, you want clear your room everytime because air support go down, you cant kill 1 by 1, you literally cant, even if you one shoot them. 

We need a option to "multiply" enemy kills with single target weapons, something like pax seeker, but actually working (pax seeker projectiles allways crash walls)

So the idea of  punch + a new pax seeker, you shoot, hit 2 enemies, both die, another 2 die, small punch values, and small multiplier "new pax seeker" values, 1 enemy die, you get 3 kills or something

Edit: My whole idea, and situation, is from PC  i cant imagine console players doing mot steel path with weapons on joystick

It's not really just steel path but kind of everywhere. Indeed, the divide is probably worse outside steel path, where we can kill just about anything with just about anything. It becomes less about damage amounts and more about how that damage gets distributed.

Innate punch through, and reworks to Concealed Explosives and Thunderbolt so they scale with mods. Maybe a version for snipers, too. (Fixing Pax Seeker would be nice, though should probably stay to Kitguns only, or things get hecka awkward)

18 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

weapons should have innate punch by default

Yes, im tired of my AoE weapons that explode on hit doing damage. Give inate punch through on all weapons so i can fire them and watch as they sail into the void (as punch through applies to physical objects not just enemies).

1 hour ago, chaotea said:

Yes, im tired of my AoE weapons that explode on hit doing damage. Give inate punch through on all weapons so i can fire them and watch as they sail into the void (as punch through applies to physical objects not just enemies).

1 hour ago, ElecDeathblade said:

hehe, kuva bramma arrows go swoosh into the void, funni

I would just like to point out that, with Thunderbolt—which works on bows that have innate punch through—the explosion takes precedent. So it's possible to have fully global punch through (though why you wouldn't just exclude those weapons from the mechanic is beyond me) and also have explosive weapons function as they do.

Not to mention that OP brings up punch through on "specially smgs, and single target weapons".

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

I have punch through on my Ogris riven and imo it's pretty useful, allows me to shoot through cover and doors. ^_^

2 hours ago, Danielw8 said:

weapons should have innate punch by default

Wile being very fond of PunchThrough and having it on the great majority of my weapons, i have to disagree with this.

Punchthrough directly affects a weapons`s performance, potential damage and ammo efficiency so it is a status worth adding to most weapons at a cost.

The fact you use Pax Seeker as example to why Punchthrough should be Innate is also another good reason why it shouldnt as you are using a Powerful mechanism as excuse to add another on top and the least we need right now is people making a meta before the update even dropped. Personally i would prefer the Pax Arcanes remained exclusive to Kitguns for this reason as there are too many weapons that are already powerful that would be even more devestating with it on.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

One funny detail, AoE (explosive) weapons used to do their explosion damage as their main collision damage, DE later on separated the Projectile`s impact and the explosion because players could put Punchthrough into explosive weapons and have them explode multiple times as they pierced enemies. A good example was the Kulstar which if you fired it through a group of enemies, it would generate its clusters for each enemy hit and both the primary projectiles and clusters would punchthrough multiple enemies dealing their explosion damage in an area.
If you shot a group of enemies at their feet, you would literally send them into orbit form the concentrated ragdoll effect. In old Draco when it was an Interception mission it was common for me to send Grineers flying up so fast and high they would vanish through the top of the skybox.

23 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

The fact you use Pax Seeker as example to why Punchthrough should be Innate is also another good reason why it shouldnt as you are using a Powerful mechanism as excuse to add another on top and the least we need right now is people making a meta before the update even dropped. Personally i would prefer the Pax Arcanes remained exclusive to Kitguns for this reason as there are too many weapons that are already powerful that would be even more devestating with it on.

Imagine the sheer carnage of having an arcane like Pax Seeker being available in weapons like the Ignis.

I would literally reespec my Saryn Prime to spam spores and piss everyone off.

22 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Wile being very fond of PunchThrough and having it on the great majority of my weapons, i have to disagree with this.

Punchthrough directly affects a weapons`s performance, potential damage and ammo efficiency so it is a status worth adding to most weapons at a cost.

Dont take the idea in how the system is right now, im not developer, the whole idea is not complete. Rework how works punch, and the idea of pax seeker was an idea, change projectile to laser, and change enemies affected to half.

The whole point of this post, is: You get a kill, and multiple enemies get damage/die, we not need more damage, if you actually min max around your quartakk, or baza prime deal a lot of damage and kill enemies real quick

The difference from AOE weapons and this idea will be, with aoe weapons you actually dont need hit enemies, you can literally hit walls, doing this you actually need hit the enemies and if you want kill in AOE you need headshots.

Archived