Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for Soloing Isolation Vaults

(XBOX)Eminem2420

Question

7 answers to this question

My personal setup is:

Octavia - because her invis isn't affected by Necramechs, plus
A Rattleguts kitgun, modded for Viral and Heat to boost damage (since they're not entirely status immune)

EDIT: I have my kitgun silenced as well, so the Necramechs won't turn to target you as much. It makes it much easier to hit their back weakpoint.

Though any weapon with good crit and a half-decent rate-of-fire should do just fine as well, being that you don't need a ton of procs to get good benefits from Viral + Heat.

I'm sure others have even better setups but that gets me through all three iso tiers without issue.

Redeemer Prime or Stropha kill the necramechs in just a couple of shots. I played either Octavia or Nova. Octavia gives CC for the Arcana Iso vault bounties you fight infested in, invisibility is great against everything and her 4 provides massive damage boost against the mechs. Nova works almost the same, except instead of invisibility you have damage reduction from her 1 and CC + damage boost from her 4.

On XBox I just straight up run the tier I'm farming.

I prioritize the infested loid mobile defense for my kit over the mech fight. As I find I have a more difficult time keeping him alive with the numbers they swarm you with. Also the tier 3 reduce the toxicity part can be an issue.  I use an AOE weapon modded for corrosive/heat and a frame that isn't going to get downed by toxin/gas type damage.

While it depends on your kit. I find I can usually bully the mechs pretty well with my own rank 40 mech. I just mech fight until close to the end. Then I pop my 4 and erase them. 

Best advice i can give is to pick your bounties. If you find a vault thats easy to navigate, and the bounties are manageable, and theres no mist that needs sealing; clear your schedule and grind it. If you find yourself frustrated, lost, and/or confused; just come back in a few hours.

Besides that, a mech to fight the mechs, a tablespoon of survivability, and plenty of heat and corrosive should do ya.

54 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Redeemer Prime or Stropha kill the necramechs in just a couple of shots. I played either Octavia or Nova. Octavia gives CC for the Arcana Iso vault bounties you fight infested in, invisibility is great against everything and her 4 provides massive damage boost against the mechs. Nova works almost the same, except instead of invisibility you have damage reduction from her 1 and CC + damage boost from her 4.

I would second this (though no personal experience with Nova in this particular situation).

I bring Wisp to keep myself and Loid alive and kill the mechs using my own Voidrig's 4th ability. Otherwise, I bring whatever anti-infested weapons I feel like bringing.

Hot tip though: you can turn off the enemy necramech's electric shields with void damage from your operator. This can simplify things greatly, since they operate just like Rhino's Iron Skin and make the mechs super tanky if you're not careful.

First of all tunnel bounty rewards are listed in the bounty board.  Bounty Boards rotate through reward drops in all open world area's.   Sporo Stock shows up the least lol.   But just look at Tier 3 iso bounty and if you dont see stock then dont run it..  The reset timer is at the top of the board.   Come back and check again then.  

WHEN IT IS THERE....   The best way to get mods/sporo/spinosa are the ARCANE bounties.  You have to drop into the Cambion Drift first,  goto the T3 mother,  You will see the TWO types of tunnel bounties at the bottom.   The first is the mech side normal iso vault.  The second one is the non mech side arcana bounty where you just run objectives.

Iso vault gives 2-3 reward rolls.   Arcana gives 4-5 reward rolls.  So you roll more times for the rewards you want by doing arcana.  

The only thing arcana takes is a frame that can kill lots of infested, you want it to be a little fast(for rift sealing objective).  Its best to go solo because flower picking objective scales up the more people you bring.   

You can run arcana back to back to back to back until your sick of it without having to extract back to Necra.   Although if you run 2-3 check the rewards when you talk to mother because they will probably rotate while your in Cambion Drift.  

-----

Arum Spinosa = tier 2,  use the same arcana method...  

Mech mods = rotate in all tiers,   use arcana.  (Continuity is like the least run most rare mod,  like sporo stock)

Mech Weapon Parts = any tier, arcana  (I dont know the drop %'s of each tier but you coud farm these out of Tier 1 if you felt like it lol.   I will say tier 1 is like just deadly/difficult as tier 3 to me.. so it doesnt really matter....  If im after mech weapon parts I double dip and go for specific mods or other weapons at the same time....)

------

Normal Iso vault bounties are really only good for mech parts and matrix's.  

Archived