Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change on Berserker is a step in right direction and more mods need to follow this path

TheArmchairThinker

With upcoming change to Berserker where melee speed gets some limit to an extent, it's a nice change to set some balance (that's what they said) and I think more mods can be set to change to make it not stacking with other mods, narrowing the gap.

Some mods I think can be put to change further

- Condition overload
Right now, it stacks with Pressure Point/Primed, giving it multiplication bonus on top of base damage increase. I think we can make it to not stack with Pressure Point/Primed, Putting limit on how high the base damage can go

- Element/Status mods
Volcanic Strike, Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike and Vicious Frost can be made not stacking with their pure element (Molten Impact, Fever Strike (Primed), Shocking Touch and Focus Energy, and North Wind) to reduce the elemental damage increase (150% on each element, up to 300% on combined element). We can also apply this on other weapons as well

- Blood Rush
It shouldn't stack with True Steel/Sacrifical Steel/Gladiator, reducing the critical chance jump on melee with high base critical chance (25%+)

Galvanized mods should also never able to stack with other mods, preventing "power creep" by stacking as much multiplication as possible

1 hour ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

With upcoming change to Berserker where melee speed gets some limit to an extent, it's a nice change to set some balance (that's what they said) and I think more mods can be set to change to make it not stacking with other mods, narrowing the gap.

- Condition overload
Right now, it stacks with Pressure Point/Primed, giving it multiplication bonus on top of base damage increase. I think we can make it to not stack with Pressure Point/Primed, Putting limit on how high the base damage can go

- Element/Status mods
Volcanic Strike, Virulent Scourge, Voltaic Strike and Vicious Frost can be made not stacking with their pure element (Molten Impact, Fever Strike (Primed), Shocking Touch and Focus Energy, and North Wind) to reduce the elemental damage increase (150% on each element, up to 300% on combined element). We can also apply this on other weapons as well

- Blood Rush
It shouldn't stack with True Steel/Sacrifical Steel/Gladiator, reducing the critical chance jump on melee with high base critical chance (25%+)

Galvanized mods should also never able to stack with other mods, preventing "power creep" by stacking as much multiplication as possible

No one forces you to put any mods in your weapons. If the mod is so offensive and hurts your hindparts so vociferously, remove it.

Pretty simple. The entire premise of this game and what makes it unique is freedom of movement and exponential application of ________ on enemies and you turning it into Outriders will have an identical reception to Outriders from players.

1 hour ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

- Condition overload

- Element/Status mods

- Blood Rush

Wow, your first post is a long one and you PROACTIVELY asking for nerfing. NO ANY REAL PLAYERS WOULD ASK ANYTHING LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE PROPOSED.  What’s going here? You had no ratings and no one agrees with you. Are you working for DE’s competitors? 

25 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Wow, your first post is a long one and you PROACTIVELY asking for nerfing. NO ANY REAL PLAYERS WOULD ASK ANYTHING LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE PROPOSED.  What’s going here? You had no ratings and no one agrees with you. Are you working for DE’s competitors? 

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.826700821.3689/flat,128x128,075,t.u7.jpg

2 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

- Condition overload

- Element/Status mods

- Blood Rush

Why limit it stacking if no good builds are stacking them anyway?

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

…What?

Condition Overload *does not* stack multiplicatively with pressure point. It adds. Things that add to each other are of lower concern balance wise, because combining them results in diminshing returns. I don't see a reason why the dual stat elemental mods should not stack the way they do (additively), because builds that contain both the normal elemental mod AND the status elemental mod for the same element are most likely going to be suboptimal anyway due to dimishing returns.

Blood rush and point strike also stack additively. Using both blood rush and point strike on your melee again, does not make the best builds. You are over investing in critical chance which gives you less damage than you could get if you took another mod.

101 x 99 is always less than 100 x 100, and thats why you should not over invest in 1 damage scaling channel. You are asking for balance checks in places we don't need them because they don't make optimal builds anyway.

To an extent?

They’re nerfing its condition by making it on kill. Which renders the mod completely useless against single targets.

The durations getting nerfed making the first point even more of an issue.

make it’s being turned into a variant of Fury. Meaning the mods can no longer stack. Which means any weapon that’s too slow and NEEDS both mods to be usable is no going to become MR Fodder.

In fact the whole idea of nerfing attack speed like this is absurd because I don’t know anyone who says the absolute best way to mod a weapon is just stack all the attack speed onto it. So unless DE starts showing some statistics about the mod and arcanes usage rates for attack speed I have zero reason to believe anyone is actually building their weapons like that.

Nothing about this nerf is a “step in the right direction”. 

On 2021-06-25 at 2:50 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:

An unreliable core performance buff is analogous to no buff. Don't particularly care too much about the Fury mutual-exclusion (because we still have Quickening and GladVice) but the short buff duration and on-kill gating leave Berserker dead in the water by itself.

Completely agreed with you, and completely disagree with OP.

On 2021-06-23 at 9:47 PM, TheArmchairThinker said:

- Condition overload

- Element/Status mods

- Blood Rush

I'm just imagining DE ignoring all the negative feedback about the melee nerf, then seeing this guy's post and being like "preach, brother! hell yeah!"

On 2021-06-24 at 12:28 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

To an extent?

They’re nerfing its condition by making it on kill. Which renders the mod completely useless against single targets.

The durations getting nerfed making the first point even more of an issue.

make it’s being turned into a variant of Fury. Meaning the mods can no longer stack. Which means any weapon that’s too slow and NEEDS both mods to be usable is no going to become MR Fodder.

In fact the whole idea of nerfing attack speed like this is absurd because I don’t know anyone who says the absolute best way to mod a weapon is just stack all the attack speed onto it. So unless DE starts showing some statistics about the mod and arcanes usage rates for attack speed I have zero reason to believe anyone is actually building their weapons like that.

Nothing about this nerf is a “step in the right direction”. 

I think the main reason of attack speed for DE is their butthurt about their hard work put into the animations that we cannot admire with too much speed :D
Have you seen their DevStreams when they present some new melee and react on it's movesets like "WHOAH ITSSOOO COOOOL"

43 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

I think the main reason of attack speed for DE is their butthurt about their hard work put into the animations that we cannot admire with too much speed :D
Have you seen their DevStreams when they present some new melee and react on it's movesets like "WHOAH ITSSOOO COOOOL"

Hate to think what changes are in mind to make us watch the idle animations more with how those go down too haha

OP cant be further away from wrong. Reducing modding and making it worthless just means PFury/Arcane Strike takes the spot. Zerk being multiplicative was cool for fast weapons but in the grand scheme not very relevant as you wouldnt put more attack speed mods on either way unless it was a pure slash setup and were cultured enough to understand that +55% attack speed was a better total status multi than 55% faction damage (aka maybe 1% of the playerbase would) or doing meme setups that dont effect the meta either way (not to mention that as another person already noted, CO, BR and Elementals already stack in the mathematically least effective way within their own category).

50 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

hard work put into the animations

Ah, the hard work that they themselves butchered and then glued with animation locks in melee 2.9998 that didnt really lose any details at 8.3 attack speed but not requires 3+ attack speed to not be terribly jank and unresponsive to other inputs?

2 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

If that’s the case then they way over stepped. They could have just reduced the attack speed up slightly. But no they literally completely changed every aspect of the Berserker mod to render it completely useless now.

Thats not just “Oh we’re reducing attack speed because we want our animations to be appreciated” that’s “Hey we hate the idea of you dealing damage quickly, so we completely gutted an essential mod, so now any weapon with an attack speed below .9 is now garbage”.

2 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

If that’s the case then they way over stepped. They could have just reduced the attack speed up slightly. But no they literally completely changed every aspect of the Berserker mod to render it completely useless now.

Thats not just “Oh we’re reducing attack speed because we want our animations to be appreciated” that’s “Hey we hate the idea of you dealing damage quickly, so we completely gutted an essential mod, so now any weapon with an attack speed below .9 is now garbage”.

On 2021-06-24 at 11:41 AM, George_PPS said:

What if I say I'm just taking whatever side and I happen to be on the "we want balance, challenge and difficulty" side at the moment?

On 2021-06-27 at 6:42 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

What is "essential" anyway? I see berserker change from critical melee only to any melee being able to get 75% speed on kill is pretty nice and it's not like melee is garbage even for weapons with attack speed below .9 with how high the base damage and other stats are

7 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

What is "essential" anyway? I see berserker change from critical melee only to any melee being able to get 75% speed on kill is pretty nice and it's not like melee is garbage even for weapons with attack speed below .9 with how high the base damage and other stats are

Berserker will no longer be usable against single targets like bosses.

It’ll also be useless for higher levels where it takes longer to kill the enemy as its duration is being reduced to 10 measly seconds.

Why would I use a weapon like Arca titron where with these changes I’d have to spend several seconds waiting for the animations to play out so it can actually deal damage when I can just use a faster melee like Nikana prime and actually have a weapon that doesn’t take a Half a year to actually hit the enemy. 

Archived