Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So mission builder when?

MistressMoonpaw

Refereing to:

This wouldve been awesome. Why was it never implemented? Imagine the possibilities. I need the lvl 100+ Vay Hek only survival! Or the "Whoops, all bombards!" defense.

What Warframe needs more than anything right now is something thats fun and fresh. Thats what warframe is lacking lately, i mean besides better QA, something thats fun. From the looks of it they have put at least some work into it already? Dig it up, polish it, for once, and ship it

Also, kinda hurts to see how they ruined Ash back then, and made him obscure forever

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

🤔 You want players to balance the game for themselves?

They couldve made it so nothing drops, or the drop rates are severely reduced depending on the enemy diversity. I have everything in the game pretty much so i dont care about drops. This wouldve been about pure fun. No grind, no rng bullS#&$, just going crazy with missions (Wouldve also been a nice tool for clan internal contests)

30 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

They couldve made it so nothing drops, or the drop rates are severely reduced depending on the enemy diversity. I have everything in the game pretty much so i dont care about drops. This wouldve been about pure fun. No grind, no rng bullS#&$, just going crazy with missions (Wouldve also been a nice tool for clan internal contests)

Cool cool

late edit: I can get behind an idea like this 👍 

later edit: 🤔 But not sure if there might be unforseen consequences of everyone playing custom missions? I’ll hesitantly get behind the idea unless it creates problems of some sort for the health of the game, and then the value of the idea would be reflected upon while considering the various nuances of benefits and detriments (‘cause every change has some impact on the health of the game, and sometimes it’s not immediately realised, instead taking time to resolve whether something truely is bad or good)

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Cool cool

late edit: I can get behind an idea like this 👍 

later edit: 🤔 But not sure if there might be unforseen consequences of everyone playing custom missions? I’ll hesitantly get behind the idea unless it creates problems of some sort for the health of the game, and then the value of the idea would be reflected upon while considering the various nuances of benefits and detriments (‘cause every change has some impact on the health of the game)

Not everyone would play them, and certainly not all the time. It would be there just for fun, not to bypass the core of the game. Kinda like Wyrmius (see if you can find it in Warframe). Just a fun game mode with just the fun in mind. And dont talk about the "health of the game" when they over and over again release stuff thats literally unplayable when released. The best example being corpus railjack. When it was released on PC it was a bug riddled mess and literally unplayable

2 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

Not everyone would play them, and certainly not all the game. It would be there just for fun, not to bypass the core of the game. Kinda like Wyrmius (see if you can find it in Warframe). Just a fun game mode with just the fun in mind. And dont talk about the "health of the game" when they over and over again release stuff thats literally unplayable when released. The best example being corpus railjack. When it was released on PC it was a bug riddled mess and literally unplayable

I can’t… talk about health of the game?

On 2021-06-24 at 2:15 PM, MistressMoonpaw said:

As in, fear for the health of the game if the mission builder was implemented. If that was a concern for DE they wouldnt release stuff thats almost broken, or in some cases is broken

Ahh, okay. I can see where you’re coming from.

I reckon it’s worth considering as a player supporting another player’s idea. How it ends up happening is a different story outside of my hands

... This is going to end so badly in so many ways...

.... I can get behind this idea if there are no drops in those missions, reducing it to a proper testing ground without all the mistakes caused by Simulacrum (yes, Simulacrum still has mistakes happening...).

if there's no drops, and it's a purely optional thing in the dojo or whatever, then sure, maybe it can act as a more "realistic" Simulacrum.

otherwise you'd just get people making level 1 acolyte steel essence farms and other hilarious garbage, and that would ruin the game. content creation engines can take a lot of work to implement as well though. 

I want this.

Can i have this?

Imagine the fun, combinations, experimenting, and of course chaos!

Also lol at all the buzzkillingtons in the forums who at the slightest glimmer of fun they reveal all their jaded, salty, grumpy selves xD

Did i just trigger 90% of the forums?

Nice.

I'd like it but only with zero rewards, including no affinity.  Otherwise you'll just get a repeat of Mission Architect from City of Heroes:  a really great tool that was abused to hell for power leveling and item farming.

With the players in the architect's seat, of course the result would be that these missions would be for-fun-only and drop no rewards. The reason for this being to avoid every single Tenno doing what the first comment in this thread suggests and breaking the game.

So the cynic in me says this Maker Mode has never been made because enough of the playerbase would just respond with "no rewards, no point, waste of game". Imagine, a piece of the game that's... just for fun?! No currency to mine? I could name a good few content creators (and the thralls that parrot them) who would rag on the devs for daring to make something only for player enjoyment when they've could've been developing the next mission type to grind the new Bootium from.

Which year is this from? 1589?

Yeah we got major changes coming soon guys, if we don't forget about them first!!!1

Though, this is actually the future of video gaming they almost reach here.

Player made dynamic content. Like say you could own a shop on Cetus #5. Have some degree of freedom in customizing your shop with a full on billboard and then sell some range of dynamic content.

So say you could create maybe a sigil and add to a weapon or something similar.

Based on the premise the players create the content by playing and actually help sell items, where they'd never run of content to "play-create" and feel much more immersed by actually becoming the gameplay.

Early examples could be making custom maps for doom and quake 2. Original neverwinter night 1991 is still alive in player made modules.

More recent dota 2 or cs being player made mods or video games relying on having strong modding communities, maybe skyrim, fallout and gta.

Usually, I love games that let players make their own content. Like Prodeus, and its amazing built in map making tools. Its not even out of early access yet, and there are already hundreds of custom maps to play to keep things fresh way beyond the small part of the main campaign that is currently finished.

But, this kind of thing only works in games where paying or grinding isn't the entire point of the game. Because otherwise, custom missions only ever end up being used as a tool to skip the grind for free. And in a game that relies on a massively monetized grind to keep going, that isn't going to work.

Just look at when Ubisoft tried the same thing with Assassin's Creed Odyssey. The most common custom quests people were making were ones that were blatantly designed to just level you up without any effort, so you could skip the main game's intentionally slow grind. But, Ubisoft couldn't allow that, because it was cutting into the sales of their "time saver" packs that were the intended solution to their artificial problem, so they started removing all those quests. Of course, they claimed some BS about "ruining the intended gameplay experience" or something, but their real intentions were pretty clear. Because it shouldn't be a problem if some players want to powerlevel through a single player game. But Ubisoft's greed made it a problem.

DE would have to do something similar. Like, as people suggested, making it so you can't get any rewards from custom missions. But then, what's the point? DE clearly only wants to add things to the game if they can make it super grindy. That's why they only ever buff things via a new item grind. So why would they ever care to spend any of their already overwhelmed development resources on something that they cannot make grindy at all? It wouldn't be able to be used to keep players trapped in the grind loop forever, and it wouldn't ever frustrate people into paying to skip the grind. Something like that has no value to DE. They would have to invest a massive amount of time and effort into it, but get nothing in return.

Archived