Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire Mods And Gorgon

Jints

Question

Hey all, first post in this forum since I'm a recent player.

I have just a couple of questions to see if anyone can help me.

First off, I've seen many people with fire mods in their melee weapons but I can't seem to find a single one. I have loads of electricity and freeze mods, but none fire. Was hoping anyone knew a planet or particular mission where those mods might be more commom.

My second question regards the gorgon. I maxed my initial rifle to lvl 30 and i'm now looking for a new one. So my question is: Is the gorgon worth the 50k or should I be looking for another gun? The Latron seems nice but not looking for a semi-automatic atm.

That's all. Thanks

13 answers to this question

Yea fire mods are pretty rare and droprate seems completely random so there is no particular place to farm them.

About the Gorgon, its absolutely worth the 50k. Maxed and with proper mods it shreds everything to pieces really quick. The Latron on the other hand isnt worth it imo. The recoil just kills this gun.

Only you know, the gorgon has a spinup time like a gatling gun. If you dont like that I suggest looking into the Boltor which is also a marvellous gun.

Hek is a rank 4 only gun but I think its the best in the game... Dmg is just insane and while its not 100% accurate its accurate enough at mid range to almost never miss and the dmg is so stupidly high it doesn't matter if you only hit 2 out of 3 shots. Check it out.

As for fire mods, I have yet to find any as well :(

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and bought the gorgon and its awesome. The recoil is a pain but when you get used to it nothing stops you. Got it to lvl 25 and it shreads everything. Crafting the kraken and the boltor at the moment. Will see if they're worth the trouble

PS: >Thinking of crafting the akbolto but as I understand that will take a lot of trouble and resources. Is it worth it?

Edited by Jints

Fire mods are the rarest of the elementals, also the most useless.

They are supposed to be used against infested, but anything except the ancients dies fast enough that the damage over time is wasted and the ancients actually have armor so armor piercing mods work just as well, if not better.

The only fire mods I have found have been blues, and it is always in a % well below what I would find the average freeze, armor piercing, or electricity mod at.

The best use of the Kraken I have found is to shove as much multishot as you can into it and use it like a shotgun. At 150% currently it wrecks people's day,

Fire mods are kinda worthless imo. I have one and it just sits there being neglected. I put it on just to use against the infected and noticed little difference. You are much better going with one freeze and the rest armor piercing and damage upgrades.

HEK is going to be the most capable sweeper gun right now, imo.

Sadly, it's not something you want to use for heavy bosses.

Gorgon still wins out because apparently bosses have a special type of innate armour/whatever that cannot be pierced AT ALL.

I think this is true because

A. I tried 4 pierce mods + multishot = Decent damage, something round 40dmg crits. (this is without any bonus crit dmg beyond the rank30 tree)

B. I tried 4 damage mods + multishot = Hitting 70dmg crits. (same crit dmg situation as above)

C. (BOLTOR) I tried multishot+damage mods = Holy S#&$ it sucks on bosses.

D. (Akbolto) Some dude was using a pair. He did more dmg(according to mission report) than I did with (A). No idea what mods.

All the tests/observations above were on Lieutenant Lech Kril, Ceres - Exta.

However, I definitely lost a portion of my mob-sweeping abilities upon dropping armour pierce on Gorgon.

Edited by FlameLaevateinn