Jump to content

Seriously what is wrong with some people.


Recommended Posts

Joined an arbitration interception with some random. I was protecting D and A while he was off derping on the other side. I'm running between the two points throwing my glaive while he completely fails to protect any objective. I even have to retake one of his objectives. Not once does D or A fall.

The dude leaves after the first wave and then messages that he has reported me for 'wukong afk'ing' when he failed to protect anything as i'm running around doing the work. Not only that but has wasted both of our time and now I have to wait 30 minutes until next arbitration because some guy has the mentality and personality of a fish stick. Ugh! 

Sorry for the rant but why. Just why. The guy obviously does not like wukongs as he joined a lobby I had set up previously and left straight away. 

Wukong discrimination is real today. 

Edited by (PSN)lydon123
  • Like 34
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gerade eben schrieb (PSN)lydon123:

Joined an arbitration interception with some random. I was protecting D and A while he was off derping on the other side. I'm running between the two points throwing my glaive while he completely fails to protect any objective. I even have to retake one of his objectives. Not once does D or A fall.

The dude leaves after the first wave and then messages that he has reported me for 'wukong afk'ing' when he failed to protect anything as i'm running around doing the work.

Sorry for the rant but why. Just why. The guy obviously does not like wukongs as he joined a lobby I had set up previously and left straight away. 

Wukong discrimination is real today. 

how about if you ask these people ... and not here ??? or are you looking for clairvoyants, witches etc.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Battle.Mage said:

how about if you ask these people ... and not here ??? or are you looking for clairvoyants, witches etc.

I should of specified but I couldn't ask him as he blocked me straight after.

Actually yes a clairvoyant would be fantastic. 

Edited by (PSN)lydon123
  • Like 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A solution for both you and the other guy; don't play with randoms if you can't handle random results. It isn't fun to have someone waste your time, but that is going to happen sooner or later when using random matchmaking.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm gonna put this out here, because someone already brought this argument and many others might be on their way :

"just use recruit chat" is not a solution. Oh so many people use pug all the time for everything because they don't want to strain their eyes in recruit chat for 15 minutes everytime they wanna do anything. And "you shouldn't expect anything from pug" is just wrong, you very much should expect people to not be utterly incompetent and stay a decent amount of time relative to the mission, this should be normal.

Of course you shouldn't be expecting people able to pull off a 3×6 in every pug eidolon, nor should you expect people to stay 2 hours in a pug arbi, but you should at least expect them to do the job half decently.

And yes, you can't do anything about the many blithering idiots playing the game, bad stuff is gonna happen, but I'd rather empathize with OP than give him a smug non solution that has about as much chance to match him with idiots anyway.

  • Like 41
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Joined an arbitration interception with some random. I was protecting D and A while he was off derping on the other side. I'm running between the two points throwing my glaive while he completely fails to protect any objective. I even have to retake one of his objectives. Not once does D or A fall.

The dude leaves after the first wave and then messages that he has reported me for 'wukong afk'ing' when he failed to protect anything as i'm running around doing the work. Not only that but has wasted both of our time and now I have to wait 30 minutes until next arbitration because some guy has the mentality and personality of a fish stick. Ugh! 

Sorry for the rant but why. Just why. The guy obviously does not like wukongs as he joined a lobby I had set up previously and left straight away. 

Wukong discrimination is real today. 

Banshee max range max efficiency zero strength and your problem is solved on 90% of maps

But yeah every single interception i did on sortie and sp especially ppl seems to believe they came to extermination not interception

And if i go with vauban stun lock enemies with vortex on my tower and other players realize new enemies wont spawn they start run around the map trough all tower
Eventually come to my tower kill all enemies stun locked and make them spawn close to other towers and they wont go back to protect that towers

OW NO NO NO they will run around map still looking for enemies letting enemies take over towers they SHOULD protect

I WISH that on interception enemies would have 5x or 10x damage (or armor/shield) if you are not in range of a tower you should defend

And then ppl would MAYBE just maybe learn what mission they entered

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

A solution for both you and the other guy; don't play with randoms if you can't handle random results. It isn't fun to have someone waste your time, but that is going to happen sooner or later when using random matchmaking.

I already tried recruitment but getting people who want to play arbitration early morning on console is a bit of a challenge.

Going solo on survival or even defence is pretty straight forward but the drones can make interception a pain. I do not believe it is intended to be played solo. The best choice at the time was to play random. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Joined an arbitration interception with some random

that's your problem right there: while normally quite rare, there are some rather unhinged individuals with irrational hatred of certain frames and other items. this is one of the many possibilities that happens in a public game.

13 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I'm gonna put this out here, because someone already brought this argument and many others might be on their way :

"just use recruit chat" is not a solution. Oh so many people use pug all the time for everything because they don't want to strain their eyes in recruit chat for 15 minutes everytime they wanna do anything. And "you shouldn't expect anything from pug" is just wrong, you very much should expect people to not be utterly incompetent and stay a decent amount of time relative to the mission, this should be normal.

Of course you shouldn't be expecting people able to pull off a 3×6 in every pug eidolon, nor should you expect people to stay 2 hours in a pug arbi, but you should at least expect them to do the job half decently.

And yes, you can't do anything about the many blithering idiots playing the game, bad stuff is gonna happen, but I'd rather empathize with OP than give him a smug non solution that has about as much chance to match him with idiots anyway.

except it is a solution, or at least the closest you're gonna get. how long it takes to get a game usually depends on two things: the time of day, and the content you're recruiting for. naturally, if you happen to be on when the Americans are usually on, you've a good  chance of getting an English speaking player, and if you are after Liches or something that others might be interested in, you have a good chance of getting someone. it's when you're doing really old content or when you're on at a strange time that you can be there a while. the main exception I've found is Radshares, those can always take forever, but if you want the best chance at a rare prime part, better learn yourself some patience.

your expectation that people should be competent all the time, while optimistic, is flawed. in absolutely no area of life is anyone competent all of the time, and nowadays most people don't really tend to think or use common sense, in any scenario. maybe you think I have a low opinion of humanity, but I can only go off of what I've experienced myself, and let me tell you: I'm rarely surprised by people's stupidity now. there's always something that makes me go "wow, that's stupid", at some point, but if I did it for every stupid little thing I see, it'd be the only thing I'd ever say. I'd be like a Pokémon that judges people.

not saying I'm perfect of course, nobody is; but I do consider myself more competent than average; make of that what you will. nice as it is that you're Empathizing with OP, I'm way past that point myself, and have accepted the reality of public games for what it is: a total dice roll.  do I wish there was an alternative that could reliably match me with people of a similar skill level, or at least find competent players 99.9% of the time? of course, but that's just as much of a fantasy as expecting a majority of random people to have brain cells.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Joined an arbitration interception with some random. I was protecting D and A while he was off derping on the other side. I'm running between the two points throwing my glaive while he completely fails to protect any objective. I even have to retake one of his objectives. Not once does D or A fall.

The dude leaves after the first wave and then messages that he has reported me for 'wukong afk'ing' when he failed to protect anything as i'm running around doing the work. Not only that but has wasted both of our time and now I have to wait 30 minutes until next arbitration because some guy has the mentality and personality of a fish stick. Ugh! 

Sorry for the rant but why. Just why. The guy obviously does not like wukongs as he joined a lobby I had set up previously and left straight away. 

Wukong discrimination is real today. 

It may give you some schadenfreude level comfort, that people tend to get in trouble for false reports against other players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I'm gonna put this out here, because someone already brought this argument and many others might be on their way :

"just use recruit chat" is not a solution. Oh so many people use pug all the time for everything because they don't want to strain their eyes in recruit chat for 15 minutes everytime they wanna do anything. And "you shouldn't expect anything from pug" is just wrong, you very much should expect people to not be utterly incompetent and stay a decent amount of time relative to the mission, this should be normal.

Of course you shouldn't be expecting people able to pull off a 3×6 in every pug eidolon, nor should you expect people to stay 2 hours in a pug arbi, but you should at least expect them to do the job half decently.

And yes, you can't do anything about the many blithering idiots playing the game, bad stuff is gonna happen, but I'd rather empathize with OP than give him a smug non solution that has about as much chance to match him with idiots anyway.

It is good to see there are empathetic people in a community well known for throwing salt at everything. You sir are the true MVP.

I don't even expect people to be half good. I just want them to at least try and not blame every wukong they see because they can't hold an objective. Honestly if they held one objective, I would be happy try harding the other 3.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Joined an arbitration interception with some random. I was protecting D and A while he was off derping on the other side. I'm running between the two points throwing my glaive while he completely fails to protect any objective. I even have to retake one of his objectives. Not once does D or A fall.

The dude leaves after the first wave and then messages that he has reported me for 'wukong afk'ing' when he failed to protect anything as i'm running around doing the work. Not only that but has wasted both of our time and now I have to wait 30 minutes until next arbitration because some guy has the mentality and personality of a fish stick. Ugh! 

Sorry for the rant but why. Just why. The guy obviously does not like wukongs as he joined a lobby I had set up previously and left straight away. 

Wukong discrimination is real today. 

You use a wukong ? I hate you and everything you represent ! /s (in case it wasnt obvious that was a joke)

 

jokes aside its no secret i dislike wukongs with explosive weapons (especially the bramma) as it not only encourages AFK gameplay but also severely pollutes my screen with unwanted visuals.

i am gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, and not put you in the same category, and believe you were actively engaged in playing the game.

There really isn't much to do , he is either unjustifiably biased against you or he misunderstood something , when he reports anyone he needs to provide proof for it (either video or other means) otherwise the reporter is given a warning for false representation.

Playing pub is always a crapshoot , you can get excellent squads that works well together or you get guys like you got. gotta roll with the punches and move on , no point dwelling over it.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
comma
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

where do you find these people? i wish i could encounter these so i could say "monke" when he threatened to report

I didn't even get the chance but monke master race ftw.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You use a wukong ? I hate you and everything you represent ! /s (in case it wasnt obvious that was a joke)

 

jokes aside its no secret i dislike wukongs with explosive weapons (especially the bramma) as it not only encourages AFK gameplay but also severely pollutes my screen with unwanted visuals.

i am gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, and not put you in the same category, and believe you were actively engaged in playing the game.

There really isn't much to do , he is either unjustifiably biased against you or he misunderstood something , when he reports anyone he needs to provide proof for it (either video or other means) otherwise the reporter is given a warning for false representation.

Playing pub is always a crapshoot , you can get excellent squads that works well together or you get guys like you got. gotta roll with the punches and move on no point dwelling over it.

Actually I was using the bramma. I was spamming those explosives harder than a virgin in the red light district.

I had line of sight over both objectives so for a minute I was standing on high ground spamming bramma shots and glaive aoe but I was 100% engaged. I had to be, other guy let two objectives go. Then I capped one of the other objectives and was floating around with cloud walker trying to protect all 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, -SicMundusCreatusEst- said:

How can it be his problem if he is literally just trying to play?

 

I mean as in that's where the root of the problem lies, not that OP is the problem, of course he's just trying to paly, there's nothing wrong with that.

what I mean is that one should be aware going into public that there is a chance they may not be paired with people that are reliable, and thus probably shouldn't rely upon it exclusively. it doesn't have to be something you think of every waking second, just something to be aware of on occasion, that's all I'm saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Banshee max range max efficiency zero strength and your problem is solved on 90% of maps

But yeah every single interception i did on sortie and sp especially ppl seems to believe they came to extermination not interception

And if i go with vauban stun lock enemies with vortex on my tower and other players realize new enemies wont spawn they start run around the map trough all tower
Eventually come to my tower kill all enemies stun locked and make them spawn close to other towers and they wont go back to protect that towers

OW NO NO NO they will run around map still looking for enemies letting enemies take over towers they SHOULD protect

I WISH that on interception enemies would have 5x or 10x damage (or armor/shield) if you are not in range of a tower you should defend

And then ppl would MAYBE just maybe learn what mission they entered

Banshee is my go to usually but arbitration drones make mobs immune to everything and they constantly spawn making banshee a not so great choice on arbitration interceptions.

I could of course destroy the drones but as i'm doing that the mobs have a short window to damage my squishy banshee and as you probably know, dying in arbitrations is a big hassle as you can't just revive like normal. Tankier frames are usually more desirable and I prefer using more durable frames so I can do longer runs without stressing too much. I don't like dying lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

I dunno. Maybe it was some ping problem, since some players are often hosting from McDonanlds.... I dunno.

Personally I really hate Wukong, since it's a furgag frame. However you were able to effectively defend 2 objectives, which makes you a valuable asset.

Why did this dude report you? Maybe he was just envious, since his S#&$ty build did not work at all, and he felt ridiculous compared to you.

I was defending 3 objectives by the end of the wave so yeah I can believe this theory xD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I'm gonna put this out here, because someone already brought this argument and many others might be on their way :

"just use recruit chat" is not a solution. Oh so many people use pug all the time for everything because they don't want to strain their eyes in recruit chat for 15 minutes everytime they wanna do anything. And "you shouldn't expect anything from pug" is just wrong, you very much should expect people to not be utterly incompetent and stay a decent amount of time relative to the mission, this should be normal.

Of course you shouldn't be expecting people able to pull off a 3×6 in every pug eidolon, nor should you expect people to stay 2 hours in a pug arbi, but you should at least expect them to do the job half decently.

And yes, you can't do anything about the many blithering idiots playing the game, bad stuff is gonna happen, but I'd rather empathize with OP than give him a smug non solution that has about as much chance to match him with idiots anyway.

You can make chat font bigger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If i see someone leeching (only moves so that he will not be afk but does not contribute to anything) i start to lure enemies towards them and my mission is to see him get downed while dancing near.....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The rule of pugging is you show ready to solo the map, while helping the other players out in the chat.

So in this particular case you show up as Khora, where the trick is the game can only spawn x amount of enemies at a time.

Once you throw up a cage, and don't kill them, no more enemies.

(This is also one reason why "melee is too strong we need balance" is a huge joke, because Khora can in fact solo steel path inception by clicking 1 button).

Of course you are free to throw up 2 cages and move to a third position, of simply notice the NPC path and put cages strategically so they grab everyone, away from the objective and then farm them there.

I am not sure if you get more essence drops by getting more kills on arbitration, never liked that game mode myself, but if so, shouldn't you be bringing a loot frame anyway, or don't they work in there?

Edited by Surbusken
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...