Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously what is wrong with some people.

(PSN)lydon123

20 minutes ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Actually I was using the bramma.

We can never be friends now :(

21 minutes ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

I was spamming those explosives harder than a virgin in the red light district.

uhuh. so glaives on A and bramma on B? didn't your twin help out and get some DP? double protection i mean :P

18 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

cmon fess up, you're the one that reported him...

i avoid arbitration interceptions in public cause it tends to fill up with players quickly quitting cause they forget enemies are immune to CC,

so i am certain it was not me. I also wouldn't let a point be lost ... unless i have some new test build.

7 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

i avoid arbitration interceptions in public cause it tends to fill up with players quickly quitting cause they forget enemies are immune to CC,

so i am certain it was not me. I also wouldn't let a point be lost ... unless i have some new test build.

I expected a more witty response from The one and only Fool, to my obvious joke, I'm disappointed now ☹️

10 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I expected a more witty response from The one and only Fool, to my obvious joke, I'm disappointed now ☹️

Oh ... ummm .... *strike boastful pose* if i was the guy then OP wouldn't be holding interception points , he would just be holding his thumb up his righteous glowhole.

il y a 19 minutes, (PSN)Madurai-Prime a dit :

You can make chat font bigger.

Yeah, that really doesn't help with the issue of being stuck staring at a rapidly scrolling chat for long periods of time. I'd get headaches from the experience regardless.

But thx for the tip

il y a une heure, (PSN)robotwars7 a dit :

that's your problem right there: while normally quite rare, there are some rather unhinged individuals with irrational hatred of certain frames and other items. this is one of the many possibilities that happens in a public game.

except it is a solution, or at least the closest you're gonna get. how long it takes to get a game usually depends on two things: the time of day, and the content you're recruiting for. naturally, if you happen to be on when the Americans are usually on, you've a good  chance of getting an English speaking player, and if you are after Liches or something that others might be interested in, you have a good chance of getting someone. it's when you're doing really old content or when you're on at a strange time that you can be there a while. the main exception I've found is Radshares, those can always take forever, but if you want the best chance at a rare prime part, better learn yourself some patience.

your expectation that people should be competent all the time, while optimistic, is flawed. in absolutely no area of life is anyone competent all of the time, and nowadays most people don't really tend to think or use common sense, in any scenario. maybe you think I have a low opinion of humanity, but I can only go off of what I've experienced myself, and let me tell you: I'm rarely surprised by people's stupidity now. there's always something that makes me go "wow, that's stupid", at some point, but if I did it for every stupid little thing I see, it'd be the only thing I'd ever say. I'd be like a Pokémon that judges people.

not saying I'm perfect of course, nobody is; but I do consider myself more competent than average; make of that what you will. nice as it is that you're Empathizing with OP, I'm way past that point myself, and have accepted the reality of public games for what it is: a total dice roll.  do I wish there was an alternative that could reliably match me with people of a similar skill level, or at least find competent players 99.9% of the time? of course, but that's just as much of a fantasy as expecting a majority of random people to have brain cells.

I mean, yes, it is purely technically a solution going into recruit chat, it would technically work. My issue with this is that, like many others, I'd much rather roll the dice right now than wait a long time organising a group before every mission, having someone leave because it's been too long for them, go back to search for people, someone else joins, someone else leaves, etc etc etc...

And, for having done a lot of recruit chat during the birth of railjack and during scarlet spear, I came up to the conclusion that you still have a significant chance of ending up with idiots even with recruit chat.

For the other point, I'm not asking people to be competent all the time, I'm asking them to not be completely and terrifyingly incompetent, the bare minimum, like not joining missions they are unable to contribute to, bringing at least one piece of functionnal gear, at least pretending to participate to the mission, not leeching, not dying in the first minute of an arbi, that kind of stuff.

And yeah, I also have a VERY LOW opinion of humanity. I know that it's never gonna be a thing. I just think that if we'd at least stop forgiving every possible misconduct just because it's a pug, things could get ever so slightly better over time, pulling the pug dice roll in the right direction. But yeah, hopes are low, hopes are low...

59 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

uhuh. so glaives on A and bramma on B? didn't your twin help out and get some DP? double protection i mean :P

No I was going hard for D while my twin was exploding all over A. The other dude just watched...bit rude really. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Joined an arbitration interception with some random. I was protecting D and A while he was off derping on the other side. I'm running between the two points throwing my glaive while he completely fails to protect any objective. I even have to retake one of his objectives. Not once does D or A fall.

The dude leaves after the first wave and then messages that he has reported me for 'wukong afk'ing' when he failed to protect anything as i'm running around doing the work. Not only that but has wasted both of our time and now I have to wait 30 minutes until next arbitration because some guy has the mentality and personality of a fish stick. Ugh! 

Sorry for the rant but why. Just why. The guy obviously does not like wukongs as he joined a lobby I had set up previously and left straight away. 

Wukong discrimination is real today. 

Pubs have failed me SO HARD, warframe is a straight up solo game for me at this point.

As you can see in this forum alone, we're never short of people with outrageous and ridiculous rants or demands. Makes you wonder how delirious and delusional some of these people really are.

And people who bother to go here are supposed to be the better ones! It's no secret that the casual majority who doesn't even go to forums are supposed to be way worse.

If i can turn off connections and play this S#&$ offline, i will.

1 hour ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Banshee is my go to usually but arbitration drones make mobs immune to everything and they constantly spawn making banshee a not so great choice on arbitration interceptions.

I could of course destroy the drones but as i'm doing that the mobs have a short window to damage my squishy banshee and as you probably know, dying in arbitrations is a big hassle as you can't just revive like normal. Tankier frames are usually more desirable and I prefer using more durable frames so I can do longer runs without stressing too much. I don't like dying lol.

And thats where specters come in handy

But still its a risky game

1 player to protect u and u can banshee all arbi interceptions but yeah i know the hassle of finding someone competent enough so i do feel your pain

21 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

I mean, yes, it is purely technically a solution going into recruit chat, it would technically work. My issue with this is that, like many others, I'd much rather roll the dice right now than wait a long time organising a group before every mission, having someone leave because it's been too long for them, go back to search for people, someone else joins, someone else leaves, etc etc etc...

And, for having done a lot of recruit chat during the birth of railjack and during scarlet spear, I came up to the conclusion that you still have a significant chance of ending up with idiots even with recruit chat.

For the other point, I'm not asking people to be competent all the time, I'm asking them to not be completely and terrifyingly incompetent, the bare minimum, like not joining missions they are unable to contribute to, bringing at least one piece of functionnal gear, at least pretending to participate to the mission, not leeching, not dying in the first minute of an arbi, that kind of stuff.

And yeah, I also have a VERY LOW opinion of humanity. I know that it's never gonna be a thing. I just think that if we'd at least stop forgiving every possible misconduct just because it's a pug, things could get ever so slightly better over time, pulling the pug dice roll in the right direction. But yeah, hopes are low, hopes are low...

I'd prefer to roll the dice most times too. Sometimes you do meet some nice people. Sometimes...

13 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Pubs have failed me SO HARD, warframe is a straight up solo game for me at this point.

As you can see in this forum alone, we're never short of people with outrageous and ridiculous rants or demands. Makes you wonder how delirious and delusional some of these people really are.

And people who bother to go here are supposed to be the better ones! It's no secret that the casual majority who doesn't even go to forums are supposed to be way worse.

If i can turn off connections and play this S#&$ offline, i will.

It certainly is a different type of community to other games. For example, ESO, at the start of most dungeons, everyone most of the time will say 'hello' or 'hi'. Then at the end of the dungeon everyone will usually say 'good job everyone'. The two guilds i'm on in eso are also really friendly and every time i've asked for help, i've got it. Even had a guild leader help me out at one point with some harrow storms. Maybe people get more salty towards the end game stuff but so far so good.

I was a bit taken back with how much more friendly people seem in eso. Not that people arn't friendly here but more reclusive or more inclined to show an unfriendly disposition based on certain parameters such as what frame someone is using or differing playstyles.

May a preference for matchmaking could help? With a "promises" rating?

Preferences let us set an optionnal duration we want to play (x waves, x minutes, etc), squad are create with players who have set same preferences first, then with random.

"Promises rating" degrade if we don't achieve our goals. Maybe on proportion (You want to do 20 waves, you do 15 it decrease a bit. You say 50 and do 5, you get a harsh hit on your rank). Bad rating resulting in forced low Preferences (Someone with really low rating can put anything as a goal but is match with low preferences until he get a better rating).

10 minutes ago, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

Preferences let us set an optionnal duration we want to play (x waves, x minutes, etc), squad are create with players who have set same preferences first, then with random.

"Promises rating" degrade if we don't achieve our goals. Maybe on proportion (You want to do 20 waves, you do 15 it decrease a bit. You say 50 and do 5, you get a harsh hit on your rank). Bad rating resulting in forced low Preferences (Someone with really low rating can put anything as a goal but is match with low preferences until he get a better rating).

The first part is a good idea. Maybe some matchmaking preferences could help alliviate some of the stress. Not so sure about a promise rating. I don't think the devs would go for punishing players for leaving early...I sure would though xD

11 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

That's human free will to you. Seriously, public remains an anarchy until DE adds some way for the host to control it. A matchmaking blacklist can solve a lot of these issues.

I'm curious to know if the ignore option also blacklists. Probably not. 

48 minutes ago, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

How you can possible code that? What's the deal with people puking ideas without even conmsidering if they are doable?

4 hours ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Joined an arbitration interception with some random. I was protecting D and A while he was off derping on the other side. I'm running between the two points throwing my glaive while he completely fails to protect any objective. I even have to retake one of his objectives. Not once does D or A fall.

The dude leaves after the first wave and then messages that he has reported me for 'wukong afk'ing' when he failed to protect anything as i'm running around doing the work. Not only that but has wasted both of our time and now I have to wait 30 minutes until next arbitration because some guy has the mentality and personality of a fish stick. Ugh! 

Sorry for the rant but why. Just why. The guy obviously does not like wukongs as he joined a lobby I had set up previously and left straight away. 

Wukong discrimination is real today. 

Internet 101: You are just going to meet random crazy people.

19 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

How you can possible code that? What's the deal with people puking ideas without even conmsidering if they are doable?

Since even subreddit has a greater chance to be considered by people having a slightest control over the development of this game, puking ideas on forum is some peculiar kind of logorrhea. Its purpose generally vary between ranting and attention-whoring. But sometimes great ides may make their way. Unfortunately any post describing an actual implementation and providing proof of the concept arguments is treated tl;dr in 95% of the cases. Meanwhile another "Nerf Saryn" thread would be overwhelmed with S#&$posts from both sides.

Hence, puking your ideas is the way to go around this forum.

il y a une heure, vanaukas a dit :

I'm not a programmer.

Which part is undoable?

It's impossible to add one stat by player account?

It's impossible to add a drop down menu to specify a duration?

It's impossible to calculate a criterion with one player stat and one player's choice?

It's impossible to give priority to some connections over other on a calculated criterion?

3 hours ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

It certainly is a different type of community to other games. For example, ESO, at the start of most dungeons, everyone most of the time will say 'hello' or 'hi'. Then at the end of the dungeon everyone will usually say 'good job everyone'. The two guilds i'm on in eso are also really friendly and every time i've asked for help, i've got it. Even had a guild leader help me out at one point with some harrow storms. Maybe people get more salty towards the end game stuff but so far so good.

I was a bit taken back with how much more friendly people seem in eso. Not that people arn't friendly here but more reclusive or more inclined to show an unfriendly disposition based on certain parameters such as what frame someone is using or differing playstyles.

Warframe is just filled with self entitled people. Again, look no further than this forum for proofs. See how many threads claiming that their ideas can fix warframe.

I have literally and actually met someone who self righteously insist that afk leeching in warframe must be justified and he's doing everyone a favor by afk leeching.

Like, what the actual... In what world?? But apparently in warframe you can. I've been saying this a lot: warframe is the wild west. People can do whatever they want as long as they're confident that they can get away with it.

You want to lose faith in humanity? Play pub in warframe. Otherwise go solo, you'll end up as better player anyway.

5 hours ago, (PSN)lydon123 said:

Business as usual in this game. 

This used to be more common a few years ago, but it does appear to be making a comeback. You will get teammates that simply won't pay any attention to mission objectives. Not much you can do about it, other than letting the mission fail. That'll depend how much time you want to put into completing whatever it is you're trying to do. 

What to do? 

Well, when I go into random missions I bring a loadout that can complete the mission no matter what your teammates might get up to. If they actually have a clue and help, great. If not, you still complete the minimum required then cut bait. 

First OP stop thinking this is a co-op game because it’s not;  far from it. This game is greedy milk in pubs especially with the host migration BS. Warframe is a solo game with some multiplayer options. Also nothing in this game needs you to stay in a mission for an hour. Maybe 20-30min at most. Re-condition your mind for this kinda expectation. It is what it is. Or play with players that play the same way you do.

Cheers GIF by SYFY

Archived