Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does all xp go to weapons when your warframe is max level?

BeefChampion

Question

I'm wondering if doing missions with a max level warframe is wasting xp that could be raising the level of another warframe and getting me mastery xp or if it doesnt  mattter that much and the excess xp goes to the weapons instead. Thanks for any input on the matter!

5 answers to this question

It's good to keep in the mind the way affinity distribution works.  Remember going with others in beneficial.
From the wiki:

• Kill with Warframe abilities: All Affinity goes to the Warframe.
  • Kill with weapons: Half Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.
  • Shared affinity from allied Tenno kills: When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, distributed according to the general rule specified above.

1 hour ago, BeefChampion said:

Going in with a party would be fun, if they werent all 20 levels above me and killing everything before I can even reach the enemy...

If you can manage to stay in affinity range with them, you'll still be gaining levels.
I know it's not great to get into squads with high MRs that blitz through everything.

Perhaps try recruitment chat, either in game or on the official Discord.  There are generally a lot of helpful people hanging around.

Archived