Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, are DE now in favour of long endless mission grinding ?

It's a widely held belief that de are not in favour of players doing long endless missions.   They won't stop you, but it's not really how they want you to play the game.   I'd guess half an hour is roughly where de see the sweet point to be, hence the half hour survival nightwave mission.

So, what's up with this bloody vitus essence then?

I've done 4 missions over the last day.  For two of them, I extracted at 20 mins.  Not a single vitus essence drop from the drones.   The next one, I went until 45 mins and got 14.   The last one went to 55 mins and I got 15.

All of them were survivals, I used nekros, a resource booster AND a resource drop chance booster.

I've done a lot of arbi's since they released and I've noticed its extremely rare to get a vitus essence drop below 20 mins - it can happen, but its like finding unicorn poo honestly.

I would say VE therefore needs a dramatic boost in drop rate.  In the two longer missions, I would have expected 2-3 times the amount of steel essence as compared to the VE i got.   In a 20 min SP survival, you'd expect approx 12-16, depending on the interval between acolytes.   Figures are obviously when using a resource booster.

Of course, we don't know how much the mods will cost.  If its 10 or so, then fine, but does anyone really expect that.   I'd wager more in the region of 75 each (i hope I'm wrong).

If we're looking at having to do hour long missions to maybe get in the region of 15-20 VE, that's really very poor indeed from de.   Personally,  I like long missions, but many players really do not.  Going by comments on here, even the 30 min nw challenge is too much for many.   It also goes against de's own stance on long runs.   Hell, if I'm lucky to get even 1 in under 20 mins, tbh, its p!ss poor and needs addressed.

DE has a long history of extending"content" with time gates and 20-30 min casual game play any longer the trade ban chances go up. So I doubt anything will change. That said im not understanding the up roar at aquiring these conditional mods the require u to nerf your guns for a kill to buff your guns. The arent needed for SP or the SC even with the melee nerfs guns and melee are still largely unchanged.. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's about playing consistently for something you want. I could've done those 4 missions in 1 day or even 2 days.

Doing that consistently for a week or 2 now gives you how many vitus? A good amount. 

For the 1000th time: stop expecting everything on day one. 

But then we can't complain about content drought.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It's about playing consistently for something you want. I could've done those 4 missions in 1 day or even 2 days.

Doing that consistently for a week or 2 now gives you how many vitus? A good amount. 

For the 1000th time: stop expecting everything on day one. 

Who's expecting everything on day 1?  Honestly, you need to learn how to read and stop inserting your own meaning where its not needed.

My point, as you seem to have missed it as usual, is that the drop rate for any mission sub 25 mins is abysmal.  Expecting players to do 40 mins plus for maybe a handful is poor and goes against de's own stance on long missions.   

Also, with no control over mission type (unlike sp), this grind is going to be needlessly long and drawn out.  Never mind that you may actually want to do something other than arbi's. 

But, like I said (which I'll assume you also missed), it depends on how many VE these mods cost.  DE may surprise us and make it reasonable, but with almost 4k hours experience, I put that possibility as low.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

Who's expecting everything on day 1?  Honestly, you need to learn how to read and stop inserting your own meaning where its not needed.

My point, as you seem to have missed it as usual, is that the drop rate for any mission sub 25 mins is abysmal.  Expecting players to do 40 mins plus for maybe a handful is poor and goes against de's own stance on long missions.   

Also, with no control over mission type (unlike sp), this grind is going to be needlessly long and drawn out.  Never mind that you may actually want to do something other than arbi's. 

But, like I said (which I'll assume you also missed), it depends on how many VE these mods cost.  DE may surprise us and make it reasonable, but with almost 4k hours experience, I put that possibility as low.

4 missions isn't sufficient data.......maybe you can help him get some more data and run a few more missions to round out that super detailed and nuanced data set.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

4 missions isn't sufficient data.......maybe you can help him get some more data and run a few more missions to round out that super detailed and nuanced data set.

Maybe you should really learn to read, as that would to OP who replied to you

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

It's a widely held belief that de are not in favour of players doing long endless missions.   They won't stop you, but it's not really how they want you to play the game.   I'd guess half an hour is roughly where de see the sweet point to be, hence the half hour survival nightwave mission.

But it doesn't mean they don't want you to repeat it.

In my experience Vitus essence has always been very random. I have gotten over 50 in 30 minutes in one game, then the next game I only got 2. (Not counting mission bonus)

I wish the drop on Vitus essence is more consistence, one of the reason why I hate the Arbitration.

Edit: I haven't done Arbitration for a long time, maybe they have changed now.

38 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

In my experience Vitus essence has always been very random. I have gotten over 50 in 30 minutes in one game, then the next game I only got 2. (Not counting mission bonus)

I wish the drop on Vitus essence is more consistence, one of the reason why I hate the Arbitration.

Edit: I haven't done Arbitration for a long time, maybe they have changed now.

yep we used to have the same, which was ok .. good run bad run .. balanced out.. now its just worse..

RNGsus: "go long! I'll SHOWER you in Essence if you keep playing! you have the gear and the skill to go forever! reach for the stars"

DE: "don't listen to him. now you kill en-masse and have fun, but when that timer hits 5:00 you WILL get your a$$ back on your landing craft and come home like a good little Tenno, won't you? WON'T YOU!???"!

players:

season 7 friends GIF

in all seriousness, DE are still against long missions; nearly every new mode they added is either not endless or is bite-sized form the ground up like ESO and Granum Void. the only exception being Disruption. rewards still don't scale, the potential for being flagged for having "too many" resources gained is still there, and when legit reasons for it like the old Steel Essence farm appear, it gets patched out. DE will do everything and anything short of openly admitting that it's not how they intend for you to play the game. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

RNGsus: "go long! I'll SHOWER you in Essence if you keep playing! you have the gear and the skill to go forever! reach for the stars"

DE: "don't listen to him. now you kill en-masse and have fun, but when that timer hits 5:00 you WILL get your a$$ back on your landing craft and come home like a good little Tenno, won't you? WON'T YOU!???"!

players:

season 7 friends GIF

in all seriousness, DE are still against long missions; nearly every new mode they added is either not endless or is bite-sized form the ground up like ESO and Granum Void. the only exception being Disruption. rewards still don't scale, the potential for being flagged for having "too many" resources gained is still there, and when legit reasons for it like the old Steel Essence farm appear, it gets patched out. DE will do everything and anything short of openly admitting that it's not how they intend for you to play the game. 

Yeah ikr - and its funny since in Survival missions... thats right a mission called survival :) the lotus herself tells us what!  The longer you stay the better the rewards, stay as long as you can tenno..etc etc .. hah the deceptive traitoress she turned out to be 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

Expecting players to do 40 mins plus for maybe a handful is poor and goes against de's own stance on long missions.   

I don't think 40 mins. to an hour is where their stance is. An hour in any game is like "you like it enough"; an hour plus is "you really like it".

In the case of one, long, endless mission in Warframe one hour will feel monotonous since not much is entertaining, yet tolerable enough for players to do it. When it goes pass one hour and it's still monotonous that's when the whole make-rewards-worth-my-time kicks in. When we had Void Keys it was unreasonable that we push beyond one hour, but understandable as to why we did it. T1 and T2 wasn't an issue since they we easy to get, T3 and T4 is where we had to make to most out of it.

• Low drop chance when farming the keys
  • Diluted loot pools with stuff that was excessively unnecessary
  • And an hour in the mission yielded three C-rotation rewards

Since we're after VE, Arbitration doesn't suffer as hard.

• You get 1 VE every reward rotation (Excavation is every 2 instead of 1)
  • 1 hour is basically 12 VE
  • Most of the endless missions players can net 1 hour worth of VE before hitting 1 hour real-time just from the rotation. (12-15)
  • Each rotation has a 7% chance of a 3x VE. Getting one basically means you scratch off ~15 minutes of farming.

Unless you have something better to do and you actually do it, extracting before the next Arbitration mission shows up is a waste.

Time spent in mission has nothing to do with the rate of acquisition. You get it as a mission reward, 1 per rotation completed, the 3% drop rate on drones, and a 7% for 3x as a wave reward. And until we do know how much the mods will cost we won't know how long it'll take to get them thus there is no discussion for buffing their rates right now.

Also if anything about Arbitrations promotes longer runs it isn't the vitus itself but that there is only one mission up at a time and completing it excludes you from running it again. Removing that restriction and/or having a selection of three every hour would solve that issue entirely.

generally people do long missions because the point where your arsenal is even slightly challenged after 300+ hours (my guess) is high level enemies and DE seem to be stingy on introducing really tough enemies before 20 minutes even with the steel path you have to go long lentghts for game to challenge unforma'd arsenal (if you know what youre doing) , and of course thats not the incentive what most casual players go for theyre after grinding stuff to get stuff and thats understandable but theres also teh players that just want to test their arsenal really not even chasing for completion stuff and from my personal understanding they make up most of the vets , and to be honest not necessarily vets but also people have more power given to them for free over years so its now even easier to do base sorties stuff , 20 minute arbitrations , one can do with any frame almost and any weapon with some knowledge.

Archived