Well of Life - Pool of Life

...L.u.n.a...

Hi.

I am trying to use Well of Life as an Helminth ability on other frames in mob def, def, survival etc Steel path and arbitrations. I found out that range is a bit short.

Can we make the range on Well of Life a bit larger? 8 meters in not much. 12m perhaps?

Or maybe put additional stat +45% range on Pool of Life augment (similar to Magnetize augment)? Since the augment mod takes away one mod slot,  there is no place to put range mods...

That would make it actually usable. 8 meters is really short when casting. Majority of players and even caster is out of heal range when casted, even in point supports like Mobile defense and defense, what to speak survival etc.

Also some kind of INDICATOR when in heal range or how much heal/s it does in HUD wouldn't be a bad idea. Similar to Chroma buffs.

Thx

Edited by ...L.u.n.a...
added info
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, ...L.u.n.a... said:

Heal per second is not infinite. It is 8m default radius.

That is correct, but if you damage the target it heals you. That’s where the life steal range comes in. I don’t really see a reason to increase the heal radius - I cannot remember ever using the ability to heal.

From wiki:

damaging the target instantly heals the attacking ally for 0.25% / 0.5% / 0.75% / 1% of the damage dealt over unrestricted range, as well as applying the damage-converted healing to all allies standing within the aura.

Just now, ...L.u.n.a... said:

> I don’t really see a reason to increase the heal radius - I cannot remember ever using the ability to heal.

Exactly, the range is so small. :-)

You're completely missing the point...

There is little reason to use the aura because you can full-heal from any distance by shooting the target...

You're going 'round and 'round arguing for an increase in heal/s radius and multiple people have told you this isn't necessary because the lifesteal mechanic has no range restriction and is very effective as a source of healing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ...L.u.n.a... said:

> I don’t really see a reason to increase the heal radius - I cannot remember ever using the ability to heal.

Exactly, the range is so small. :-)

It has nothing to do with the range. The passive heal ticks are not worth using. There is just no point when you having blessing. The life steal also makes the heal ticks redundant, just shoot the enemy from the other end of the room and fully heal.

If someone is not using aura, their choice. But for those who want to use it, the range is too small to cover small team or even caster. This is what I am suggesting as FEEDBACK in forum.

The skill itself has 2 features, 1) active shooting heal and 2) passive aura with 100h/s which is not neglible.

The point of aura is that people don't have to shoot only one enemy all the time and rather shoot other guys, that is to do the mission like def/mob def/survival.

This is especially good for high level missions like steel path, where clearing is paramount.

Also this skill is in Helminth, so for other frames who don't have blessing etc.

On 2021-06-24 at 2:57 PM, ...L.u.n.a... said:

BTW Wisp's reservour has base 30heal/s. This Trinity Helminth skill has 100heal/s. It is worth using. Max strength WISP 300% equals this skill 100%.

It isnt worth using.... trinity also has an instant heal to max hp that also reduces damage.

The issue here is you want it to work differently than it does. You have been told multiple times that the life gain on hit is more useful yet you continue saying it depends on playstyle. You cant compare wisp to trinity. The abilities are very different. If anything well of life is more closely related to blood altar.

Well of life is relevant until you get blessing. Once you get blessing there is little need for aura healing when you can instantly fill anyone in affinity range back to max health. Well of life can be helpful with the life steal but the aura is pretty useless. Not because it is bad, but becauase the ability has much better life regen through life steal.

Then this is an entire lack of creativity. 

You can essentially force it to constantly heal you from just about any range using status effects such as heat, slash, electric, toxin or gas. 

You can move the affected target using things like Magus Anamoly to pull it to any position that you would like it to. The ability costs 25 energy, and pool of life with Equilibrium fully covers the cost if you kill the enemy, while also giving excess to cast -- at the bare minimum -- three more times. Using a Mutalist Cernos you can have it heal you upwards of one thousand health per tick for ten seconds with a single shot.

In circumstances where you need this much healing, even on survival, you want to stay in a small area anyway. 12 meters at +45% range, or 16 at +100% is more than enough to cover a general stronghold. 

The only purpose for its tiny passive heal radius is to heal objectives, which are capped at like 100hp/s over 5 seconds anyway. Simply using proper target focusing on these unmoving objectives is not difficult. If enemies are dying too quickly for you to do this, it's unlikely you needed the healing in the first place, or you needed a better plan for defending.