Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Howl of the Kubrow

RamiArashi

Question

Is the point of this mission to make sure new players do not in fact get a Kubrow and may actually rage quit the game??  Because it seems like it. On a different level on the other side of the station from where I am actually running out of air is not "in the area". And the foes never drop their own as far as I can tell., 

Also I have no other missions or quests but that one so now what?  This game is not very good and directing players.

12 answers to this question

The issue is that its impossible survive half that long when the life support is so far away you cannot get to it on time.  And despite being told to look for personal life support dropped by foes they don't actually drop any.

23 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

What's the issue? You need to do a 10 minute survival mission on Unda, Venus. Then you build the incubator. Then you go find an egg on any mission on Earth and hatch it into a Kubrow.

I thought you got an egg at the end of that Quest?

25 minutes ago, RamiArashi said:

The issue is that its impossible survive half that long when the life support is so far away you cannot get to it on time.  And despite being told to look for personal life support dropped by foes they don't actually drop any.

You have plenty of time to get there.  The life support tower symbol pops upright away and you have several min of oxygen at the start. Just go there from the start and stay by them. Each tower has 30% in it. So don’t activate unless you are under 60% left. 

29 minutes ago, RamiArashi said:

life support does not spawn that far away, and that infrequently

43 minutes ago, RamiArashi said:

Both of those statements are incorrect.

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I thought you got an egg at the end of that Quest?

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

No you need to go find one through conventional means.

Ok, it's been that long since doing it I forget, I was too lazy to look it up on the wiki. SeMz4.gif

@ OP GIT GUD ..................................

Spoiler

nah just joking. :tongue:

The air support is fine, you're probably not killing enough or popping towers to early, kill everything you see and also open all lockers and smash all the containers, the air should be easier then, don't keep popping a tower and getting 100% every time or that close, you can let it get down to a low level around 30 if you're close to it time your runs to each air.

Welcome to the forums Tenno, Happy hunting.

It sounds like you are struggling with the Survival mission type.  Most of us are well past that point and understand the mechanics of that mission type well, which is why we sound a bit confused about your problem.  I would suggest reading the wiki to understand how the mission type works.  Once you get it and know what to do, it is one of easiest mission types, requiring very little brain activity.  Good luck.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Survival

Takes me back... I used to panic, beeline each tower and touch it instantly; then I learned from advice offered here.

Survival guide:- first, note when Lotus drops the tower (or Darvo if doing Clem weekly) and make your way to it smashing containers and opening lockers as you go. What's the point? You were thinking, well once the air supply is cut these items drop rebreathers but like mob drops; only restore 5% at max.

second, when at tower do -not- touch unless air is 60-70% as it restores 30% air by itself.

third, mobs will spawn near to you as they can... eternally which is where the adopted strategy comes in. Best squads will create Killrooms as in set up defenses like Limbo's Rift around the air tower as players entering cannot be hurt by enemies outside it. Khora can create a chained dome to hang enemies, Frost's snow globe pushes stuff away etc. all so you get a short break to use the tower. Other plus side to this, more mobs in one place= more odds of air supply drops = you need use towers less frequently.

Survival teaches you a ton about your Warframe as you find yourself trying out all its abilities usually like I did learning this; by panic-pressing buttons. Also taught me how weapon play works too especially as some Survival missions award extra Affinity for use of a type of weapon.

Last thing, Survival is common and you must hold out 5 minutes not 1 like the quest; before you can extract and is common in the quests: if you can't adapt to the strategies we're offering you are going to struggle even in a squad as they will not appreciate you running about like a lunatic tagging all towers when they're trying to make killrooms- use this to practice now before you continue with Star Chart let alone quests.

Archived