Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing Bait and Dye

Out on Orb Vallis during cold weather and I want to catch Tromyzon, so I head northwest and find a lake with activity. Get my gear out, throw bait and dye, wait for a minute and nothing. I look into the water and I see nothing, no bait or dye. Try it again, just disappears.

I hate wasting Solaris rep on bait only to have it bug out, but is it worth opening a help ticket? 

And why can't we buy a blueprint for the bait for that matter?

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Out on Orb Vallis during cold weather and I want to catch Tromyzon, so I head northwest and find a lake with activity. Get my gear out, throw bait and dye, wait for a minute and nothing. I look into the water and I see nothing, no bait or dye. Try it again, just disappears.

I hate wasting Solaris rep on bait only to have it bug out, but is it worth opening a help ticket? 

If you are certain this is happening, try taking some before-after screenshots (videos are even better) and open a ticket.  I've never experienced this, and Oxylus I don't need dye anymore, so...  Definitely file a bug if it is reproducible.

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Yeah, I've had that happen

Pretty sure its related to the Client/Host networking, since I've only ever had it happen as Client.

since DE isn't capable of sorting out networking related glitches

best thing you can really do is Be Host if you want to do any fishing activities.

Fishing has been this way for years now, you can try posting this in Bugs section of this forum, but expect anything to change.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

best thing you can really do is Be Host if you want to do any fishing activities.

Dunno about consoles, but at least on PC it happens to hosts as well, it all depends on where you throw things, there are shallow bits in the water and if bait / dye touches ground it will not resurface and you just lose it.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_:

Have you checked for a fishing hotspot? Have you taken out your spear?

21 hours ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Fishing solo will vastly decrease the possibilities of such bugs. Also the recommended way of fishing/gathering/capturing aside from doing it with friends that you know.

Is it worth opening a ticket? You can try, but forcing reload or restarting is astronomically faster. It's like days/weeks vs minutes.

Why we can't just buy blueprint? Because DE need players to keep logging in, playing, and grinding for solaris rep.

10 hours ago, MqToasty said:

If you are certain this is happening, try taking some before-after screenshots (videos are even better) and open a ticket.  I've never experienced this, and Oxylus I don't need dye anymore, so...  Definitely file a bug if it is reproducible.

You can make this happen already. Use bait on the ground... it's wasted standing.

Now then, it's conceivable that there are bugs around lakes that mimic the effects of using bait on the ground...

Basically, the game just shouldn't let you use bait in areas it thinks are not valid for fishing!

2 hours ago, nslay said:

You can make this happen already. Use bait on the ground... it's wasted standing.

Now then, it's conceivable that there are bugs around lakes that mimic the effects of using bait on the ground...

Basically, the game just shouldn't let you use bait in areas it thinks are not valid for fishing!

I've always been stingy with my bait so I never thought to try this, but I agree with your suggested fix.

9 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

I've always been stingy with my bait so I never thought to try this, but I agree with your suggested fix.

Me too... but using 2 for my Warframe's defense ability has caused me to drop bait on the ground numerous times. 

How to accidentally drop bait on the ground:

Scenario 1) Go to the lake edge and equip the fishing spear. Some random enemies attack you, so you use your melee weapon to kill the enemies. You realize you didn't cast your defense ability (2)! So you press 2... Surprise! You've just possibly dropped bait on the ground.

Scenario 2) Similar to scenario 1. You lose your defense ability and press 2 which drops bait on the ground.

I've requested this change a couple years ago, though was criticized because I guess no one ever drops or wastes bait!

Bait/Dye passing through water is lag.  

You dont need bait to catch rare fish for NW in OV.  (Dye is recommended but that one pet can help if your dye wont work)

Trom is in the ponds when its cold,  They will show up but they are rare.  I usually only have to use 1-2 dyes to get the 6 needed.

When its warm goto the Lake there is a fish called a Livewire or Longmire or something.  Its a curvy wire fish with metal flaps coming off the sides.   Very rare but it can show up.  

I havent fished in a cave in forever but I think if you have a hotspot you can find charamotes and maybe even synathids.  Dont know if Chara counts as rare fish tho.   I just fish outside.  

12 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Bait/Dye passing through water is lag.  

You dont need bait to catch rare fish for NW in OV.  (Dye is recommended but that one pet can help if your dye wont work)

Trom is in the ponds when its cold,  They will show up but they are rare.  I usually only have to use 1-2 dyes to get the 6 needed.

When its warm goto the Lake there is a fish called a Livewire or Longmire or something.  Its a curvy wire fish with metal flaps coming off the sides.   Very rare but it can show up.  

I havent fished in a cave in forever but I think if you have a hotspot you can find charamotes and maybe even synathids.  Dont know if Chara counts as rare fish tho.   I just fish outside.  

Really I'm fishing to up my Solaris rep but just chillin while doing so. I watch the cold/ warm cycles and adjust where I fish accordingly, trust me I've done this before.😀

18 hours ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

IIRC we used to have bait blueprints, I believe those who bought them still have them, and can still make bait using the right parts, DE changed it so that people would continue to farm and use syndicate rep. but hey, I only fish for Nightwave these days and usually need to have a wiki tab on standby because I forget what fish spawns where and when etc.

Archived