Bheki - Frog-themed Warframe (with concept art)

(PSN)imaajfp

XR9QatH.jpg

Bheki, the Setting Sun

This warframe was borne from the desire to see bullet jump - one of the mechanics we use the most - explored to its full potential. The damage-dealing aspect of bullet jump has always been relegated to nothing more than a quick method to break loot crates.

I designed this frame around the idea of simply improving the already existent damage dealing potential of bullet jump, without impacting the actual movement mechanics.

Bheki is a strong close range fighter, well rounded and simple, without complex mechanics. She is themed around frogs, with abilities that increase her jump strength (3), a tongue that extends to either grab and pull enemies or deal damage to an area in front of her (1), poison skin that damages enemies melee-attacking her and enhances her physical abilities (2, Helminth ability) and summoning healing rain that splashes up to disguise warframes that bullet jump while within it in a cloud of water droplets (4).

Bheki's playstyle is designed around entering melee range and moving on to the next enemy quickly and efficiently with abilities to complement, but not dominate her play, mostly relying on the stellar movement that Warframe has to offer instead of replacing the deeply ingrained bullet jump we use all the time with some different active traversal ability, in order to keep her fast paced and easy to 'hop' into for players. ;)

On 2021-06-28 at 2:24 AM, (PSN)imaajfp said:

Thanks! Would have thought she'd be a little bit more popular, tho, tbh. :D

I don’t think there is a single modern frame concept that has ever gotten much attention. I even made a volcanic frame concept with a drawing. Didn’t receive much attention except for mockery. Now that DE has reduced the ability for trolls to… well… troll, there’s even less attention. 

Stats: I don’t picture her being very tanky. More “squishy” than anything, but her speed and agility are pretty high. But mostly up to DE on that part. 

When it comes to frog themes, the abilities I picture are more like:

Passive: faster knock down recovery, further bullet jumps, and longer wall latch. Like maybe +50%.

Ability 1: tongue whip. Able to use her tongue to snack enemies, inflict toxic damage, but also if double tapped she can grab enemies and pull them, press a third time after to throw them. 

Ability 2: bullfrog leap. Able to leap a lot further and increase melee slams damage and radius. Wall jumps are faster.

Ability 3: poison dart skin. Able to inflict toxic damage to enemies that touch her, even a slight brush. Coats her bullets in her poison to inflict extra toxic damage and reduce enemy accuracy. Bows deal extra damage. 

Ability 4: queen of the frogs. Able to summon giant frogs to her aid. Can summon 3 different ones. A bunch of smaller poison ones to jump all over her enemies. Bigger yet fewer ones that look like mutated bulls that charge into her enemies. Or a single yet giant one that leaps around creating seismic waves and whipping its tongue around swallowing enemies, before eventually spitting them all out when ability is canceled. 

This is what I pictured anyways. Only abilities I can think of that aren’t too similar to existing frames. 

Yeah, wall latch buffs would be a must, can't believe I forgot to include them.

Maybe even instead of any other buffs, her passive is simply infinite wall latch. I don't really see a reason why that shouldn't be possible. Arachne isn't so strong that it'd break anything.

Summoning frogs is a bit silly imo, so I can't agree with your 4. I also don't think her toxin buff should apply to her weapons, except maybe something very limited, like a toxin version of internal bleeding/hemorrhage: 'piercing status has 35% chance to apply a toxin status effect (x2 when fire rate is below 2.5)' or something like that.

19 hours ago, (PSN)imaajfp said:

Yeah, wall latch buffs would be a must, can't believe I forgot to include them.

Maybe even instead of any other buffs, her passive is simply infinite wall latch. I don't really see a reason why that shouldn't be possible. Arachne isn't so strong that it'd break anything.

Summoning frogs is a bit silly imo, so I can't agree with your 4. I also don't think her toxin buff should apply to her weapons, except maybe something very limited, like a toxin version of internal bleeding/hemorrhage: 'piercing status has 35% chance to apply a toxin status effect (x2 when fire rate is below 2.5)' or something like that.

Loki has longer wall latch. DE is not gonna give another frame a superior, OP version of it. Infinite is too much for a mere passive. Passives do not play such big roles. Most go completely ignored. You’d think Oberon would be the best friend of all companions, yet most use Inaros cause his major health plus health link makes him more fitting. So I’m trying to stay within the parameters that DE has given so far. 

The fourth is something that is different. Can call it silly but doesn’t invalidate it. There’s no telling what DE would add, so nothing is off the table. 

The toxic buff is based on the fact that people coat their darts, arrows, and other weapons into the poison. Bullets may not work too well, but it can be done. Many assassins have done so countless times. That’s why I made such a suggestion. And figured bows and maybe throwing secondaries could gain a higher buff not only because those were the go to weapons when it came to inflicting poison, but also to give them more use. And if the toxin didn’t immediately kill their target, it at least threw off their equilibrium and made it difficult to run or fight back, thus the reduced accuracy. 

On 2021-07-03 at 6:20 AM, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

The fourth is something that is different. Can call it silly but doesn’t invalidate it. There’s no telling what DE would add, so nothing is off the table.

How about instead of rain, Bheki creates a swamp area where enemies slowly sink into the water and/or move slower and bheki's bullet jumps create a big splash that creates a wave of toxin damage if combined with her poison skin.

Maybe there could be a cool animation of her swimming in the water, as well!

Maybe her passive is that she can swim! New fishing frame! :P

On 2021-07-04 at 12:40 PM, (XBOX)Nyanbonecrush said:

I think ability three is a bit too irrelevant. We have mods that apply toxic, freeze, etc. effects from bullet jumps. and the added maneuverability isn't too exciting when every warframe can bullet jump. I love the name Bheki, BTW. ^-^

My thought was that it would stack with those mods, of course. That was part of why I made this warframe, because there's not enough stuff that is done with bullet jump, although bullet jump is such an important mechanic of the game. I wanted to make bullet jump an actually viable way of disposing of enemies.

And thanks, I like the name, too! ;)

Archived