Should some of the existing Arcanes move to Primary/Secondary Arcane Slot?

0_The_F00l

With the new update , whenever that may be, we will be getting arcane slots for ranged weapons.

And as per current dev workshop notes these are going to effectively just add some damage on kill.

We already have similar Arcanes for the warframes should these get moved? i know a few weapons i would love to have these on instead of using up a warframe slot.

The following are the arcanes i have considered that have trigger based on weapon damage/effect and where i feel they should fit:

Name Criteria Chance Effect Duration / Range Move to
Acceleration CRITICAL HIT 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% 15% / 30% / 45% / 60% / 75% / 90%
Fire Rate to Primaries
1.5 / 3 / 4.5 / 6 / 8 / 9
Seconds
Primary Arcane
Awakening RELOAD 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 60% 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% / 125% / 150%
Damage to Secondaries
4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 / 24
Seconds
Secondary Arcane
Blade Charger PRIMARY WEAPON KILL 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% 50% / 100% / 150% / 200% / 250% / 300%
Damage on Melee
2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12
Seconds
Primary Arcane
Consequence HEADSHOT 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 60%
Parkour Velocity
3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18
Seconds
Both /Can stay in warframe slot
Fury CRITICAL HIT 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 60% 30% / 60% / 90% / 120% / 150% / 180%
Damage on Melee
3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18
Seconds
Both /Can stay in warframe slot
Momentum CRITICAL HIT 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 60% 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% / 125% / 150%
Reload Speed on Sniper Rifles
2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12
Seconds
Primary Arcane
Pistoleer PISTOL HEADSHOT KILL 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 60% 17% / 34% / 51% / 68% / 85% / 102%
Ammo Efficiency
2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12
Seconds
Secondary Arcane
Precision HEADSHOT 20% / 40% / 60% / 80% / 100% 50% / 100% / 150% / 200% / 250% / 300%
Damage on Secondaries
3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18
Seconds
Secondary Arcane
Primary Charger MELEE KILL 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% / 30% 50% / 100% / 150% / 200% / 250% / 300%
Damage on Primaries
2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12
Seconds
Primary Arcane
Rage HEADSHOT 3% / 5% / 8% / 10% / 13% / 15% 30% / 60% / 90% / 120% / 150% / 180%
Damage on Primaries
4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 / 24
Seconds
Primary Arcane
Strike HIT 3% / 5% / 8% / 10% / 13% / 15% 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50% / 60%
Attack Speed on Melee
3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18
Seconds
Both/Can stay on Warframe
Tempo CRITICAL HIT 3% / 5% / 8% / 10% / 13% / 15% 15% / 30% / 45% / 60% / 75% / 90%
Fire Rate on Shotguns
2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 Seconds Primary Arcane (Shotgun only/ fuse with Acceleration?)
Velocity CRITICAL HIT 15% / 30% / 45% / 60% / 75% / 90% 20% / 40% / 60% / 80% / 100% / 120%
Fire Rate on Secondaries
2 / 3 / 5 / 6 / 8 / 9
Seconds
Secondary Arcane
Victory HEADSHOT 13% / 25% / 38% / 50% / 63% / 75% 0.5% / 1% / 1.5% / 2% / 2.5% / 3%
Health Regen/sec
2 / 3 / 5 / 6 / 8 / 9
Seconds
Both/Can stay on warframe

What do you think? I personally dont use any of these Arcanes cause there are much better options for the warframe but if they were an option for weapons, i may consider using them.

i will be moving this to feedback once i get some inputs.

First of all these Arcane need big Buff to be even viable again and moving them, removes options to custimize loadouts more then there already is.

So i disagree these shouldnt be moved except Arcane Victory (Hp regen on Headshot) and while at it add a Secondary version and give them a 3% Lifesteal on Damage and 3% max Shield on Kill to have a good alternative for those looking to have more survivability.

1 hour ago, Cephalon_Umbra said:

First of all these Arcane need big Buff to be even viable again and moving them, removes options to custimize loadouts more then there already is.

What? How does it remove customization options? currently warframes have 38 arcanes and you can only use 2 at a time,

Primaries and secondaries are going to have 3 each , 4 more if you consider the Pax which are kitgun exclusive.

Of the 38 Arcanes , 14 could potentially be moved to weapon Arcanes giving you more options , not less.

I have updated the op with the table.

1 hour ago, Cephalon_Umbra said:

So i disagree these shouldnt be moved except Arcane Victory (Hp regen on Headshot) and while at it add a Secondary version and give them a 3% Lifesteal on Damage and 3% max Shield on Kill to have a good alternative for those looking to have more survivability.

So , you are ok with Arcane victory but not any of other arcanes? AND you want to make more arcanes?

Agreed. Some Warframe Arcanes that buff weapons would be a perfect fit into this new slot. This would also give DE more creative freedom with Arcane additions as Warframe Arcanes would not compete with weapon Arcanes with their slots divided to their respective categories.

I'd rather the existing weapon-related arcanes stay where they are on the Warframe

so I can double-dip and have both the old and new ones in effect at the same time

if they were to get all grouped together, Quite a few of them I wouldn't even use in favor of better options.

(basically the same limited Real-Estate argument OP made for WF related ones, but in reverse from the Weapons perspective)

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

What do you think?

I'd be OK with this if weapons got 2 Arcane slots. I run Fury + Strike almost exclusively. So I don't want to see a situation in which I have to choose between one or the other because of melee weapons having only 1 Arcane slot. 

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

What do you think?

No thanks. Some Warframe exalteds make use of them. Also if the idea of the update is to improve ranged weapons, being given an option to use ranged buffing arcanes on the frame is beneficial for those that want to, incase ranged weapons get worth using.

Plus it would also only be massive bloat in their current state since none of them can even remotely compete with the new primary and secondary arcanes since they also get passive permanent stats.

Also... why do you have melee arcanes on the list? O.o

14 minutes ago, (PSN)drpunk-yo said:

Would the new arcanes get much of a look in if these were moved to weapon? Just cos they don't have on kill in their criteria. I'd sooner switch these to my weapon than bother with the new ones.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I'd rather the existing weapon-related arcanes stay where they are on the Warframe

so I can double-dip and have both the old and new ones in effect at the same time

if they were to get all grouped together, Quite a few of them I wouldn't even use in favor of better options.

(basically the same limited Real-Estate argument OP made for WF related ones, but in reverse from the Weapons perspective)

Depends on the player i suppose, looking at the current upcoming Arcanes:

Arcane Effect Description (probably at max Arcane rank) Effective max potential Applied on
Merciless On Kill:
+30% Damage for 4s. Stacks up to 12x.
+30% Reload Speed
+100% Ammo Max
Max 12 stack:
+360% Damage for 4s.
+30% Reload Speed
+100% Ammo Max
Primary/Secondary Arcane
Deadhead On Headshot Kill:
120% Damage for 24s. Stacks up to 3x.
+30% to Headshot Multiplier.
-50% Weapon Recoil
Max 3 stacks:
360% Damage for 24s.
+30% to Headshot Multiplier.
-50% Weapon Recoil
Primary/Secondary Arcane
Dexterity On Melee Kill:
+60% Damage for 20s. Stacks up to 6x.
+60% Holster Speed
+7.5s combo duration
On Melee Kill:
+360% Damage for 20s.
+60% Holster Speed
+7.5s combo duration
Primary/Secondary Arcane

Since all of them are on kill and need to be kept up with actual kills, i will be using these on already competent ranged weapons (dexterity may be good for those players that rely on melee and free up a mod slot for combo duration and instead add another utility or damage mod).

Lets not forget that even our melee setup may undergo changes due to it.

The point is to decide whether you want consistent damage or burst damage and pick an arcane, the utility some provide is worth more than the upfront damage and visa versa.

26 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I'd be OK with this if weapons got 2 Arcane slots. I run Fury + Strike almost exclusively. So I won't want to see a situation in which I have to choose between one or the other because of melee weapons having only 1 Arcane slot. 

I doubt it , also melee weapons have NO arcane slots (except Zaw exodia) planned at the moment.

I have mentioned Fury & Strike as staying as is or be applicable for both weapons (maybe universal arcane applicable anywhere?) , cause it accepts any damage type . and as mentioned earlier your melee loadout will likely change as well , so basing the change on existing loadouts may not work well.

28 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No thanks. Some Warframe exalteds make use of them. Also if the idea of the update is to improve ranged weapons, being given an option to use ranged buffing arcanes on the frame is beneficial for those that want to, incase ranged weapons get worth using.

Plus it would also only be massive bloat in their current state since none of them can even remotely compete with the new primary and secondary arcanes since they also get passive permanent stats.

Also... why do you have melee arcanes on the list? O.o

Hmm , yes , i had though of exalted weapons , and as far as i am aware there is no plan to add arcanes to the three exalted ranged weapons (regulators , pixia, , artemis bow) guess they will just be eating an indirect nerf if this happened, cant make everyone happy. Maybe if the exalted weapons also got a an arcane slot the issue would be mitigated.

I disagree partially with the bloat , considering there would effectively be some 7-9 arcane choices per weapon. Not all weapons can trigger on kill effects , for them the other option (with slightly less damage potential but more consistency) would make them more viable. The objective is not to make weak weapon as good as strong weapons , there would be no point to power levels or progression otherwise, its to allow all weapons to be built for their potential and playstyle.

I have included all arcanes that either a)Have an effect for ranged weapons or b) Triggered by a ranged weapon hence some melee ones made the list and am ok if they stay as they are (as mentioned in the table) or become available for both, The upcoming dexterity arcane also triggers on melee kills and benefits melee by combo duration.

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Hmm , yes , i had though of exalted weapons , and as far as i am aware there is no plan to add arcanes to the three exalted ranged weapons (regulators , pixia, , artemis bow) guess they will just be eating an indirect nerf if this happened, cant make everyone happy. Maybe if the exalted weapons also got a an arcane slot the issue would be mitigated.

I disagree partially with the bloat , considering there would effectively be some 7-9 arcane choices per weapon. Not all weapons can trigger on kill effects , for them the other option (with slightly less damage potential but more consistency) would make them more viable. The objective is not to make weak weapon as good as strong weapons , there would be no point to power levels or progression otherwise, its to allow all weapons to be built for their potential and playstyle.

I have included all arcanes that either a)Have an effect for ranged weapons or b) Triggered by a ranged weapon hence some melee ones made the list and am ok if they stay as they are (as mentioned in the table) or become available for both, The upcoming dexterity arcane also triggers on melee kills and benefits melee by combo duration.

Aslong as ranged weapons can have 2 or 3 arcanes, sure I'll be fine with it. Otherwise no, since there are plenty of frames that can fit in some of them in their normal builds since they dont need survival or energy arcanes taking up slots. Pretty much any frame I use that cannot make use of Avenger gets either Strike, Fury or Precision atm, and on some that means I end up with Strike+Fury. So atleast 2 arcane slots per ranged weapon would be needed, but that would also add serious power creep, cos then you'd have 1-2 free frame slots aswell.

Archived