Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration drones should spawn less frequently

Before you read, i need to announce that im mr26 with 5.2k hours played, i can do arbitration effortlessly. To those whom this may not seem obvious to, im not making this suggestion because i find arbitrations difficult as i dont as previously stated, i find them annoying. If you ever plaued with a bad limbo player, then you understand what i mean about it being annoying as opposed to making the game harder.

Additionally, please try not to leave any comments along the lines of

- If you dont like it dont play it

Or

- You just find it too hard

Everyone knows that if you dont like something dont play it as this is more than just common sense and it has nothing to do with the point of making a suggestion.... and the other part about arbi being hard is just flat out unconstructive so big thank you to those mature enough to leave that out of here 💙

Onto the suggestion

I like the added challenge arbitration drones offer but the frequency at which they spawn in sort of makes the mission feel more annoying then fun. You cant really ever use your warframe abilities because of the drones are returning so quickly. The drones will be hiding behind walls sometimes or hiding behind invulnerable enemies which isnt fun to deal with 24/7 imo

I was thinking that maybe only a few of them should spawn in every minute on average, for just a few seconds. Maybe sometimes allow them to spawn in back to back just for a challenge but then have them back off for a bit eventually.

Every challenging game has its breathing room phases, after a boss kill or even after you get a few kills in a pvp match since enemies usually respawn far away from you.

Plus these drones dont have much to offer to keep things engaging. So like for the same reason players are only allowed to get Easter bunny ears near Easter, same should go for these drones imo. 

Anyone else feel the same? Why or why not?

Keep in mind, the goal here is not to make things easier, its to make it more fun. Bring the actual killing of hordes of enemies to the gamemode like we all are used to, instead of playing so much hide and seek or peekaboo with drones.

Alternative Suggestions

- From @Genitive, instead of reducing drone spawns, make more drone types. Some drones could come with damage reduction along with a speed or damage buff to enemies instead of just plain old damage invulnerability 24/7.

- Reduce amount of enemies that can be affected by drone, but make enemies that are affected by a drone more of a threat by increasing their damage or giving them new abilities.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

No. DE knows what they're doing, unlike this feedback. You just want arbitrations to be easier.

I run steel path for hours, arbitration isnt even considered hard in my book anymore. I mean im mr 26 with 5k hours played, the assumption is ridiculous.

I want warframe to be harder but there is a line between hard what i call "Bull". Hard is when you struggle to do something that you can do, "Bull" is when something happens that is out of your control and hurts you in the game.

An example of hard is failing to aim at something quickly enough. A situation where its possible for you to aim at a target with great speeds but you struggle to keep yourself calm or focused enough to do so.

An example of Bull is when you have to aim at something quickly but an enemy randomly jumps infront of your gun. Its out of your control.

I dont enjoy Bull and it can happen a lot in arbitration where the drones randomly get stuck behind walls or hide behind enemies. Its annoyning so having to not deal with it as much is less frustrating. I can play arb while sleeping, but its no fun having to deal with the bull so often and not even being able to use abilities to help keep things engaging.

These are endurance missions to make matters worst

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I run steel path for hours, arbitration isnt even considered hard in my book anymore. I mean im mr 26 with 5k hours played, the assumption is ridiculous.

I want warframe to be harder but there is a line between hard what i call "Bull". Hard is when you struggle to do something that you can do, "Bull" is when something happens that is out of your control and hurts you in the game.

An example of hard is failing to aim at something quickly enough. A situation where its possible for you to aim at a target with great speeds but you struggle to keep yourself calm or focused enough to do so.

An example of Bull is when you have to aim at something quickly but an enemy randomly jumps infront of your gun. Its out of your control.

I dont enjoy Bull and it can happen a lot in arbitration where the drones randomly get stuck behind walls or hide behind enemies. Its annoyning so having to not deal with it as much is less frustrating. I can play arb while sleeping, but its no fun having to deal with the bull so often and not even being able to use abilities to help keep things engaging.

These are endurance missions to make matters worst

You choose to do endurance. No one makes you. 

And you're one player. It really doesn't matter what you can do personally. You can't hit a drone because you're camped in one spot? Try moving....don't you have 5k hours? Why is a person with 900 telling you this game is based on movement.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You choose to do endurance. No one makes you. 

And you're one player. It really doesn't matter what you can do personally. You can't hit a drone because you're camped in one spot? Try moving....don't you have 5k hours? Why is a person with 900 telling you this game is based on movement.

Because this 900 hour player doesnt know what hes talking about and isnt grasping whats been said.

Someone who says

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

the drones randomly get stuck behind walls or hide behind enemies. Its annoyning

Doesnt mean they dont want to move, granted that you know theyve been playing a game based on movement for years should make that obvious to you. It makes more sense to assume that they dislike dealing with clunky gameplay for hours on end as that is what arb is at the end of the day. It makes nothing harder, having to jump to another location to finish off a drone isnt rocket science. Its just annoying to have to do when your trying to maintine lifesupport or pop off an ability real quick on an enemy.

It also sounds like you are just trying to say that if i dont like the gamemode dont play it. If thats the case youre wasting your time. Everybody knows that already so its pointless to say and has nothing to do with the purpose of a suggestion

18 minutes ago, Genitive said:

No, I don't think they should. If anything, they could add drones of different types that do other things, like speed enemies up, increase their damage, and so on.

Id be cool with that. Helps weaken the repetitive feeling a bit. You think they should keep the invulnerability buff to enemies with those buffs or just those buffs alone? If buffs alone i fully support it but if not, 50% support cause thats still a nice idea.

Maybe a decrease in range of the drones or a decrease to the amount of enemies they effect would be better? I'd be 100% okay with drones making just 3 to 5 enemies  invlunerable but be more agressive and a little harder to to take down. Slowing things down just a bit less.

Cause as of right now, arbitration just feels like you are fighting an untamed Limbo imo.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Id be cool with that. Helps weaken the repetitive feeling a bit. You think they should keep the invulnerability buff to enemies with those buffs or just those buffs alone? If buffs alone i fully support it but if not, 50% support cause thats still a nice idea.

Maybe a decrease in range of the drones or a decrease to the amount of enemies they effect would be better? I'd be 100% okay with drones making just 3 to 5 enemies  invlunerable but be more agressive and a little harder to to take down. Slowing things down just a bit less.

Cause as of right now, arbitration just feels like you are fighting an untamed Limbo imo.

If there were more drone types then I would be fine if invulnerability was turned into damage reduction. Arbitration enemies die quickly, so these drones could still give them some fighting change. 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Genitive:

No, I don't think they should. If anything, they could add drones of different types that do other things, like speed enemies up, increase their damage, and so on.

yes, because it is only Vitus in the end. In addition, they are small, hiding behind objects, etc. -> single target garbage is extremely disadvantaged.
I also don't think of challenges. here loot and action are in the foreground.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I run steel path for hours, arbitration isnt even considered hard in my book anymore.

... Then this thread, and your attempt at justifying its existence, makes no sense... Especially because

im mr 26 with 5k hours played

of ^this^.

With so many hours under your belt (can't confirm because PSN), you're more than able to blow up those drone independently of the conditions you find them to be in.

Its not a matter of

a line between hard what i call "Bull"

that's at stake, or being discussed here... Its simply your inability to deal with those drones by using the tools (warframes, weapons, combat movements, punchthrough) that are already available to use.

And no, the Warfrane & weapon bonuses that appear with each Arbitration nodes are not that important. Someone that's

mr 26 with 5k hours

Can do arbitration under any conditions, with any warframe and/or any weapon at any given time, pretty much blindfolded and with both hands and one foot tied behind his/her back, while spending time in the toilet doing physical needs stuff and banging a woman (or a man, to whoever it applies) at the same time.

... There is no excuse, other than it being your fault. The massive majority of the rest of the Warframe community doesn't need to have a relatively decent mission type, and relatively enjoyable one at that if compared to Defection, made even easier due to your lazyness at dealing with those Drones with tools already made available...

Any other argument that you may, or may not, present here is nothing more than Subway toppings... you know, the kind that gives the runs... So, just stop embarrassing yourself by feeding excuses to other people... Even your fellow PSN members are pretty much telling you that.

10 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Then this thread, and your attempt at justifying its existence, makes no sense... Especially because

of ^this^.

With so many hours under your belt (can't confirm because PSN), you're more than able to blow up those drone independently of the conditions you find them to be in.

Its not a matter of

that's at stake, or being discussed here... Its simply your inability to deal with those drones by using the tools (warframes, weapons, combat movements, punchthrough) that are already available to use.

And no, the Warfrane & weapon bonuses that appear with each Arbitration nodes are not that important. Someone that's

Can do arbitration under any conditions, with any warframe and/or any weapon at any given time, pretty much blindfolded and with both hands and one foot tied behind his/her back, while spending time in the toilet doing physical needs stuff and banging a woman (or a man, to whoever it applies) at the same time.

... There is no excuse, other than it being your fault. The massive majority of the rest of the Warframe community doesn't need to have a relatively decent mission type, and relatively enjoyable one at that if compared to Defection, made even easier due to your lazyness at dealing with those Drones with tools already made available...

Any other argument that you may, or may not, present here is nothing more than Subway toppings... you know, the kind that gives the runs... So, just stop embarrassing yourself by feeding excuses to other people... Even your fellow PSN members are pretty much telling you that.

9 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

So... Complaining about shooting a drone in arb, but at the same time you're talking about how it's so easy you can sleep while you do it?

Guy, if you don't want to play arbs... Don't play arbs. It's not as complex as you're making it out to be.

Are none of you seeing the word annoying?

Have you ever played with a bad limbo? Does a bad limbo make the game harder or more annoying? Does a bad limbo stop you from being able to play with your eyes closed? Does he make you have to sweat more to get kills? No? Its just annoying right? Exactly

Got no issues shooting a moving arb drone, but there are things that change it from being harder to annoying. If you cant understand that im sorry, idk how to simplify that any further

Ahem:

No.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

The drones will be hiding behind walls sometimes or hiding behind invulnerable enemies which isnt fun to deal with 24/7 imo

Your options are moving to a spot where you can kill those drones, or going in with a squad of players that know what they're doing. They don't even have to be good, they just have to know how Arbitrations work.

Plus these drones dont have much to offer to keep things engaging.

Drones, by themselves, sure. They're designed to alter enemy priority, by becoming the thing you destroy first, after all. But once the hordes start clumping up, or you're going against a Demolyst, drones really change how you have to engage.

Every challenging game has its breathing room phases, after a boss kill or even after you get a few kills in a pvp match since enemies usually respawn far away from you.

Ah, yes. Everyone else does The Thing™, which means this, too, must do The Thing™.
Honestly, my guy, this sounds like you bought a cookbook, and were disappointed when there were no werewolves.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Arbitrations is a perfect gamemode. The pathfinding and AI on the Drones is busted to f(u)ck, and really needs to be improved. More to it, an increased droprate on Vitus Essence wouldn't be amiss. And, hell, moving away from this one Drone that does a bunch of stuff, to different drones that each do something different would really improve the gamemode. IE: Instead of having a drone that nullifies and provides damage immunity, break it up into (say) a drone that turns regular units into Eximus units, a drone that buffs enemy armor, a drone that nullifies WF abilities on enemies, a drone that provides shields to enemies, a drone that buffs enemy damage with elemental properties, and so on. After all, the point of a drone, as I previously mentioned, is to alter enemy priority.
That, in my opinion, is what would improve the gamemode. Which technically means there'd be more drones. Which technically means I disagree with your take.

Thus: No.

3 hours ago, Paranoicon said:

Your options are moving to a spot where you can kill those drones, or going in with a squad of players that know what they're doing. They don't even have to be good, they just have to know how Arbitrations work.

Id prefer to play solo to avoid host migrations but enemy spawn rate gets unbearable. It feels like 1 enemy per 10 seconds at times, ridiculously slow.

But none the less, i really dont care for having a full squad of players to carry, i actually typically prefer players to just be there as cheerleaders, just so their bodies increase enemy spawns for me. Yes, im that far into the game.

Drones, by themselves, sure. They're designed to alter enemy priority, by becoming the thing you destroy first, after all. But once the hordes start clumping up, or you're going against a Demolyst, drones really change how you have to engage.

I could imagine, demolyst sounds a bit more fun tbh. Something that may actually need a bit more team coordination.

As for horde clumping, hordes always clumped and arb drones spawn back to back. Cant even enjoy anything b4 theres another stopping your kills. We get 300% powerstrength with no real oppurtunities to use it. Just oof

Ah, yes. Everyone else does The Thing™, which means this, too, must do The Thing™.

Couldnt agree more, my point was for the reason of it. Unless there is a better reason not to do it, it should be done.

For example a car with white taillights instead of red. It should stay red for the same reason other tailights are red, unless theres good enough reason for them to be white. Like maybe you not planning to drive in public and use it as a prop for a movie or something. 

Honestly, my guy, this sounds like you bought a cookbook, and were disappointed when there were no werewolves.

I think something more fitting is buying a cookbook and wanting better recipes. Like Salt is good to add to foods sometimes but theres a such thing as too much is what im saying here.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Arbitrations is a perfect gamemode. The pathfinding and AI on the Drones is busted to f(u)ck, and really needs to be improved. More to it, an increased droprate on Vitus Essence wouldn't be amiss. And, hell, moving away from this one Drone that does a bunch of stuff, to different drones that each do something different would really improve the gamemode. IE: Instead of having a drone that nullifies and provides damage immunity, break it up into (say) a drone that turns regular units into Eximus units, a drone that buffs enemy armor, a drone that nullifies WF abilities on enemies, a drone that provides shields to enemies, a drone that buffs enemy damage with elemental properties...
That, in my opinion, is what would improve the gamemode. Which technically means there'd be more drones. Which technically means I disagree with your take.

Thus: No.

Thats fair, i think more different types of drones is a better suggestion too, gonna throw it up there

On 2021-06-25 at 2:21 PM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Are none of you seeing the word annoying?

Have you ever played with a bad limbo? Does a bad limbo make the game harder or more annoying? Does a bad limbo stop you from being able to play with your eyes closed? Does he make you have to sweat more to get kills? No? Its just annoying right? Exactly

Got no issues shooting a moving arb drone, but there are things that change it from being harder to annoying. If you cant understand that im sorry, idk how to simplify that any further

On 2021-06-25 at 9:41 AM, SpringRocker said:

Guy, if you don't want to play arbs... Don't play arbs. It's not as complex as you're making it out to be.

1 hour ago, SpringRocker said:

Duh! The sky is also blue!

You do realize that everyone who makes a suggestion already knows and agrees with the idea of not playing something they dislike right? I mean really, think about it.... its more than just common sense, its instinctive.

So i dont see your point in wasting your time to say something that obvious. Its not like im demanding a change

(And no one said its complex. Youre adding too much of your own words to whats actually been said if you think im hinting at the game mode being complex)

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

That aint got nothing to do with making a suggestion. By your logic nobody should ever suggest to improve anything since they can just do something else or avoid it.

You're complaining about having arb drones in arbs and wanting to make them them almost non-existent. There's already plenty of times where people can't find any for a few minutes during game.

If you don't want to deal with arb drones because you think they're annoying then I suggest you don't play the only game mode were they're present. One of the big draws to the game mode is that you can't just sit there spamming abilities and you need to aim once in a while.

You can play mental gymnastics and try to tell me what I mean all you want, but you're asking for is:

On 2021-06-25 at 3:24 AM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I was thinking that maybe only a few of them should spawn in every minute on average, for just a few seconds. Maybe sometimes allow them to spawn in back to back just for a challenge but then have them back off for a bit eventually.

You want nullifies bubbles, not arb drones. If you don't like arb drones don't play arbs.

3 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

You're complaining about having arb drones in arbs and wanting to make them them almost non-existent. There's already plenty of times where people can't find any for a few minutes during game.

If you don't want to deal with arb drones because you think they're annoying then I suggest you don't play the only game mode were they're present. One of the big draws to the game mode is that you can't just sit there spamming abilities and you need to aim once in a while.

You can play mental gymnastics and try to tell me what I mean all you want, but you're asking for is:

You want nullifies bubbles, not arb drones. If you don't like arb drones don't play arbs.

I editted that previous comment

"Dont play arb"

ill do what i want

21 minutes ago, SpringRocker said:

On 2021-06-25 at 6:24 AM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Its funny you think this is mental gymnastics when im telling you to read something in full context instead of bits and pieces.

Nobody playing mental gymnastics with you, reading with context is how you gain actual comprehension of whats been said as opposed to some ridiculous misinterpretation like a desire for mere nullifiers.

If you just thought that the spawn rate was fine as is, lead (and end) with that next time, Guy. Much more constructive and reasonable than telling someone they "dont have to play something". I dont know if you know this or not but everybody knows that if they dont like something they cant change, to just not play it. I can 100% assure you.... waste of time and unconstructive to tell anyone it lol

On 2021-06-25 at 7:24 AM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Because this 900 hour player doesnt know what hes talking about and isnt grasping whats been said.

Someone who says

Doesnt mean they dont want to move, granted that you know theyve been playing a game based on movement for years should make that obvious to you. It makes more sense to assume that they dislike dealing with clunky gameplay for hours on end as that is what arb is at the end of the day. It makes nothing harder, having to jump to another location to finish off a drone isnt rocket science. Its just annoying to have to do when your trying to maintine lifesupport or pop off an ability real quick on an enemy.

It also sounds like you are just trying to say that if i dont like the gamemode dont play it. If thats the case youre wasting your time. Everybody knows that already so its pointless to say and has nothing to do with the purpose of a suggestion

We grasped what you said. You're not some cryptic dude making some amazing point that we're just not capable of seeing. As you can see I'm coincidentally not the only one that isn't magically grasping your amazing idea. 

12 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

We grasped what you said. You're not some cryptic dude making some amazing point that we're just not capable of seeing. As you can see I'm coincidentally not the only one that isn't magically grasping your amazing idea. 

Yea i see youre not the only whos being rude or unconstructive by trying to put words in my mouth. 

So same thing i basically said to them, waste your time somewhere else if you arent educated in being constructive and well mannered

I never said the idea was perfect or amazing as it is a suggestion, which is made clear at the end of the post by it asking for feedback. Suggestions are meant to be debated upon, with ideas for improvment and reasons for the idea to be scrapped. Thats Good feedback thats desired from a suggestion because you wont always know if people feel the same way you do.

You putting words in my mouth and trying to insult me is completly unnecessary and uncontructive however. Terrible feedback. Go find something better to do if thats all you want to do on the forums. Especially in my post. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Yea i see youre not the only whos being rude or unconstructive by trying to put words in my mouth. 

So same thing i basically said to them, waste your time somewhere else if you arent educated in being constructive and well mannered

I never said the idea was perfect or amazing as it is a suggestion, which is made clear at the end of the post by it asking for feedback. Suggestions are meant to be debated upon, with ideas for improvment and reasons for the idea to be scrapped. Thats Good feedback thats desired from a suggestion because you wont always know if people feel the same way you do.

You putting words in my mouth and trying to insult me is completly unnecessary and uncontructive however. Terrible feedback. Go find something better to do if thats all you want to do on the forums. Especially in my post. 

A suggestion made coincidentally right after we just found out new mods and arcanes are being released in arbitrations..... With people asking for a better vitus drop chance.....and DE listening to the feedback....and raising the drop chance of vitus essence.....

Have you ever heard of "reading the room"? Or maybe the concept of "timing"?

58 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Have you ever heard of "reading the room"? Or maybe the concept of "timing"?

That doesnt make what youre doing to people an okay thing to do.

Nor does those 2 things even matter in this situation. They benefit nothing

"Reading a room" does not make your concluded assumptions, facts. Thats why its supposed to be treated as such, a thought, not meant to be fully acted on. Else you risk being a fool and a nuisance for no good reason

58 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

With people asking for a better vitus drop chance.....and DE listening to the feedback....and raising the drop chance of vitus essence

Idk your point in saying this, by large the fact they listened to that suggestion is a really good thing as the majority of players agreed the essence drops were pretty painful (judging off of ratio of likes to dislikes)

I mean i just did a disruption mission for 35mins not to long ago and got 7 vitus essence. Did another in survival for 35mins the same day, in which i got 45 essence. 

I mean, I dont think that suggestion was the best, BUT atleast the chances of me getting 7 vitus essence has became more rare. A blessing

Archived