Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About AutoHotKey

whatiswar01

Question

Recently because of i keep doing repetitive work and that makes my finger really hurts (Real work not gaming). And while i finding ways to make my work easier, like changing the key of ctrl+C to one key and i found AHK. 

I wonder can i use AHK to perform task like pressing W constantly or tapping E constantly? Because by playing long time your finger will really hurt. From the info i found but not officially stated by DE is that we cant use AHK as a bot to help us farm things and kill enemies, but do constantly melee attack or just sprinting count as one? It will really reduce our physical pain, i had been play like 3k hour now, my fingers really hurt by continue playing it. Rather play some rainbow six.

6 answers to this question

Macros that do repeated actions are a very grey area, and i advise against it. You can get away with making keys for stuff like spin dash and bullet jump (as in, create a key that does crouch+ jump and crouch+melee, but stuff that does that on repeat is a tenuous line between you playing the game, or the macro playing the game for you.

Am 26.6.2019 um 21:20 schrieb SilverBones:

Greetings, Tenno.

We have seen a few requests lately, specifically requesting that we provide a list of software that we do and do not allow to run in conjunction with Warframe. While it is understood that some software is good and others are inherently bad or designed to assist cheating, there are some cases where software falls in gray areas.

The reason for this post is to have an updated reference about our policy on external, third-party software, and the potential pitfalls of using such software in conjunction with Warframe.

The simple, golden rule is this;

If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk.

While we could technically issue blanket bans on everything that alters the game files, the fact of the matter is that there's some software that can be useful and helpful for members of our community. This is where context is very important. The difficulty here is that it's incredibly hard for players to prove that they are not using a program nefariously, and while it is certainly possible that there are false positives (which a ticket to support can resolve), the ban will remain in place until your ticket can be processed.

This leads into why a list is not provided. If you have a piece of Macro software that is normally tolerated, but is then discovered to be the source of a future exploit, that software may get added to a ban list, and you could potentially be caught up in the automatic drag net. As stated above, there is no easy way to prove that the software used is benign.

Bans for altering game files, cheating and / or exploiting Warframe are hefty and final. Our stance on using such software is firm, and appealing against that ban is very difficult if we have reason to believe that you have been using said software for cheating, exploiting, or AFK farming.

The only way you can reliably, 100% avoid a ban for using external software is to simply not use it. 

Again, if you take anything away from this post, it should be this;

If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk.

- https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1105960-third-party-software-and-you-a-psa/

Condensed version of above^: if it doesn't change the game files and have to keep holding it down, it's probably ok. It's just kinda like a turbo button on a controller.

...can't think of anything that needs a turbo button tho...maybe a semi auto weapon...

Archived