Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think I may or may not have snaped completely of the rails here

Dr.Stug

I know there are people out there with excess money they can do whatever they want with but I still can't wrap my head around someone spending that much money to gift enough forma for someone to do this.  Or spending that much time farming up in game items to sell to other players to get that much plat to use to gift that amount of forma.  Even if I personally had the money/time to do it I still wouldn't because ... why?

Someone has already gifted you the Forma required to do the challenge? Then they will also give you 20k plat if you succeed?

None of this sounds credible or believable to me, but even if true, you still shouldn't do the challenge. Big difference in scale my man. Sometimes a challenge can be silly and a meme, and a bit of a laugh, but then put that to an extreme, for real, and then its legitimately worrying and concerning. Unless you are in a situation where such a challenge will increase the quality of your life dramatically in a long term way, its really not worth the effects on your health, mental health or long term mood. 

From what I understand you are a beginner streamer? So I assume this is a gimmick type idea? There are probably better gimmicks to grow your stream then, IDK, I'm not an expert. Also I doubt you will actually achieve this challenge, and I don't say that as a way to encourage you to double down, to prove people wrong, because I honestly hope, that if you did start the challenge, you would just decided to give up and do something else. I would rather just doubt this happening for your own sake. 

Good luck with your steam otherwise.

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

10,000 forma in 600 days is 16 forma a day, thats 1 an hour every hour if you sleep 8 hours a day, leaving you no time to eat/work/shower/do literally anything else. hell no.

17 a day

19 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Someone has already gifted you the Forma required to do the challenge? Then they will also give you 20k plat if you succeed?

None of this sounds credible or believable to me, but even if true, you still shouldn't do the challenge. Big difference in scale my man. Sometimes a challenge can be silly and a meme, and a bit of a laugh, but then put that to an extreme, for real, and then its legitimately worrying and concerning. Unless you are in a situation where such a challenge will increase the quality of your life dramatically in a long term way, its really not worth the effects on your health, mental health or long term mood. 

From what I understand you are a beginner streamer? So I assume this is a gimmick type idea? There are probably better gimmicks to grow your stream then, IDK, I'm not an expert. Also I doubt you will actually achieve this challenge, and I don't say that as a way to encourage you to double down, to prove people wrong, because I honestly hope, that if you did start the challenge, you would just decided to give up and do something else. I would rather just doubt this happening for your own sake. 

Good luck with your steam otherwise.

ey manthe dude has cash to burn 

9 minutes ago, Destributor said:

ey manthe dude has cash to burn 

Better things to burn cash on, and better things to do with time. 

Thats just my opinion though, you know yourself and your own happiness better obviously, and I assume you are an adult, so ultimately its your responsibility.  Personally I would feel bad giving someone the challenge or taking the challenge. If I were rich, I would rather give you twice as much Plat to NOT do the challenge, and if someone actually is legit about giving you the forma and Plat to do this, knowing how long it would take, ehh... I don't know if such a person actually has my best interests in mind. 

Still, good luck with the streaming part, and remember you can always just, not do it. Sisters of Parvos is coming soon, Tennoncon as well, a lot more exciting things to do in the game, than memeing about with monotonous repetition with a Stug etc

13 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Like, 30 minutes ago, I told one of my clan members: "Some people use Forma on good weapons, others just like to flush them down the toilet."

... The 2nd one is certainly your case, if you're going for a braindead challenge, with absolutely no real life reward from it.

Alternatively, people use forma on FUN weapons that they ENJOY using to bring them up to a VIABLE level.

2 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

Alternatively, people use forma on FUN weapons that they ENJOY using to bring them up to a VIABLE level.

I do but even I'm not that crazy, fun guns can be fun to mess with.

Note: always bring a strong weapon incase it goes bad.

Challenges tend to have some reward at the end, I dont see a reward here at all. What are the challengers giving you if you succeed before old man death and father time comes knocking on the door?

This is like accepting a challenge where someone just goes "I challenge you to drink piss!" and you go "sure thang I is afraid nothing!" and then *gulp* *gulp* *gulp* it down. 

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

They're being given 20k platinum by the challenger if they succeed.

Thanks, I completely missed that!

Well now it kinda makes more sense if his friends follow through. However I would have probably rather spent those 600 days farming 35p per day than formaing a weapon around 17 times each day.

22 hours ago, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

do the challenge, make these people SEETHE with the amount of your time you're willing to waste >:)

I don't *care* that they're going to waste their own time.  I'm pretty sure no one here does.  No one is angry and they certainly aren't going to SEETHE over it lol.  It's just mind boggling.

On 2021-06-28 at 8:37 AM, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

do the challenge, make these people SEETHE with the amount of your time you're willing to waste >:)

We wouldn't be mad, just disappointed. OP clearly has some free time, and it's sad to see it put towards a challenge they almost definitely will fail, rather than exploring something OP is interested in, or playing a different game to alleviate their boredom. However, it is their time to waste.

On 2021-06-26 at 11:59 PM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Additionally, you can use this to invalidate the challenge at any time. You weren't in your right state of mind when agreeing to this, so nobody can hold you to actually doing it.

Hell, OP doesn't need an excuse to stop. They can just say "I'm not doing this dumbass thing anymore; keep your forma." 

Archived