Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something big is missing from this game

iColeman

I other players reached a certain point in Warframe, which made us stop playing and uninstall.
Warframe is a top game, but something leaves a lot to be desired, the freedom of an open pvp without skill restrictions in open places like the plains, the game is very focused on attacking boots, this was never exciting, which hinders developers to apply the best system ever in this game?
Should I purchase a subscription of thousands to prove it?
"We want open pvp without skills restrictions"

There's a pretty major barrier to overcome for that. To put it simply:

Inaros is able to hit some of the highest straight up health pools. One popular build on Overframe I found for him gave him an EHP of around 37,500. Which is comparable to a level 70 Elite Lancer.

In other words, one of the tankiest frames in the entire game can't match up with one of the regular goombas of this game that we stomp in the hundreds. And Inaros is exceptionally tough as far as flat meat goes, most other frames aren't so lucky.

In so many words, whilst the argument might (and does, for better or worse) exist for restricted PvP as we have now, unrestricted PvP would be a complete mess, as players and enemies on what may as well be completely different rules.

11 hours ago, iColeman said:

I other players reached a certain point in Warframe, which made us stop playing and uninstall.
Warframe is a top game, but something leaves a lot to be desired, the freedom of an open pvp without skill restrictions in open places like the plains, the game is very focused on attacking boots, this was never exciting, which hinders developers to apply the best system ever in this game?

PvP without any restrictions existed. It was called Conclave 1.0 and it was absolutely terrible balance wise. That's why restrictions were implemented. 

13 hours ago, iColeman said:

I would love to see this. But it isn't going to happen. DE won't even put any work into Conclave.

On 2021-06-26 at 6:26 PM, Loza03 said:

There's a pretty major barrier to overcome for that. To put it simply:

Inaros is able to hit some of the highest straight up health pools. One popular build on Overframe I found for him gave him an EHP of around 37,500. Which is comparable to a level 70 Elite Lancer.

In other words, one of the tankiest frames in the entire game can't match up with one of the regular goombas of this game that we stomp in the hundreds. And Inaros is exceptionally tough as far as flat meat goes, most other frames aren't so lucky.

In so many words, whilst the argument might (and does, for better or worse) exist for restricted PvP as we have now, unrestricted PvP would be a complete mess, as players and enemies on what may as well be completely different rules.

Unrestricted PvP means everyone brings Silence 'cause it will seal every single warframe power from being cast/recast, and likely dispel many active and channeled effects. Toxin damage immediately becomes the meta pick for killing because it bypasses shield gate effects. Hitting Inaros with enough Toxin damage to kill him outright would not be especially difficult, and any other Warframe would just be trivial to slot.

It's not hard to envision it boiling down to building as much range and duration as possible on, say, Ivara and sitting around waiting for someone with shorter range on Silence to blunder into the bubble, get decloaked, and then vaporized by pretty much whatever, though my vote goes to the Infested Cernos with all its CC and massive damage potential.

...which is basically saying that, yeah, as the quote tweet points out, it'd be a S#&$show of truly ridiculous proportions.

All without getting into Necramechs and Operator BS.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-06-27 at 1:48 PM, Tachmag said:

PvP without any restrictions existed. It was called Conclave 1.0 and it was absolutely terrible balance wise. That's why restrictions were implemented. 

it was still bearable and most players stuck to the honour code, but with the over the top mod set ups we have now it gonna be disastrous.

• 2 months later...
On 2021-06-26 at 8:07 PM, iColeman said:

Yea open world pvp sounds awesome 

Archived