Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: The Lost Sector (Currently In Development)

PenutReaper

Get back on topic please, this is being coded in C# because I am an inexperienced programmer and that is the language I know the most.

That is all...

If you don't like it, go and code your own Warframe fan game in whatever language you want, I'll even wish you good luck.

This game is staying in C#. I know there are "better" languages and am happy with my choice.

Nothing bad was said about C#, but I digress. 

I don't know why my post was deleted, I was simply stating that you should use GitHub over GDrive. Yes, I could've used more tact, but whatever. Especially considering that GitHub is built for sharing code. Yes, you can just send the files, but if you want synchronization with other peoples work you need to should use Git. It's easy to set up, it's free and it makes everyone's life a little easier. 

On that note, here's another reason you should use Git: other C# programmers in the community can help you. If you don't want help, that's fine, but I know I wouldn't mind helping out and I'm sure others wouldn't mind, either. 

Edited by Colorswirl

I never said anything about not using Git.

I'll probably end up with links to Skydrive, GDrive, Github links for the VS project and GDrive, Skydrive, Mediafire and Direct Download links for the compiled game.

The thing is, I am not sure if I feel confident letting other people look through my code, especially right now, where I am trying to work out some of the basics.

Also, I will be uploading playable Alpha/Beta versions to various sites too. ^_^

One note, having played both Minetest and Minecraft, I would STRONGLY urge you to stick with c# over java.

Java causes horrific memory issues. It's great for simple animations, but it gets ugly for games. Really, really ugly.

Just, since that was tossed in there as an option.

Hey, my brother and I run an independent game studio. He's a programmer and I'm a writer. We both work on art to the best of our abilities. We're currently making headway on networked multiplayer. Would you be interested in working together?

I understand all intellectual property is DE's and this is a fan-made project.

Edit: PM me later if you want.

Edited by AnonCat

Me, Anoncat, Anoncat's Brother and Typhuus are the "Official" team right now.

Anyone wanting to contribute anything to the game at all should contact me (or Typhuus if it is story related) and if it is added you will receive full credit for your contribution.

Got some interesting things to show you that AnonCat made earlier.

Basic Frost Idle:

QSGswIo.gif

Opening Locker:

MuB8PSs.gif

Edited by PenutReaper

Me, Anoncat, Anoncat's Brother and Typhuus are the "Official" team right now.

Anyone wanting to contribute anything to the game at all should contact me (or Typhuus if it is story related) and if it is added you will receive full credit for your contribution.

Got some interesting things to show you that AnonCat made earlier.

Basic Frost Idle:

QSGswIo.gif

Opening Locker:

MuB8PSs.gif

Looking awesome! Also, I would suggest you place the list of "official" members on the first post, with whatever they're each working on, unless you're all working on the same thing. 

I don't know why I didn't think of that...I feel silly.

The first post has been updated with the names and roles of the main team.

Just an extra note on any contributions people may wish to make:

-If you PM me with your contribution, I will read it, but be aware that my reply may be delayed.

-If your contribution has been accepted by me and the team, I will contact you to discuss it further.

-If your contribution has not been accepted, I will give the reason as to why this is so and give suggestions on how your suggestion may be improved/made more fitting for the game.

If you would like to join the team you should message me. The message should contain the following:

-The position you would like in the team.

-Examples of past work.

-What time zone you are in.

(Please be aware that the Time Zone you are in will not affect your ability to join the team.)

Edited by PenutReaper

Hey everyone. I'm super stoked to work on this! I'll work on nailing down the game's thematics tonight. Looking forward to discussing things with Typhuus.

PLEASE leave feedback, I love good criticism and observations.

Edit: Pew Pew!

fr_shoot_gif.gif

Edited by AnonCat

Cool stuff. I was going to make my own Frost side scroller a few months ago, but decided against it.

For animation, I would suggest making sure the legs are animated separately from the upper body. This will allow you to run and gun without it looking horrible. I've made a lot of platformers from scratch (and I work in the game industry for THE MAN), so I can spot some pitfalls or reworks before they happen. Seeing AnonCat's sprite reminded me that you may not have considered that, but if you have, great.

Good luck, and if you need a game designer (who needs that?), let me know. Also if you are hurting for animators, I can make a sprite or two. Hit me up via PM if you need something. (Also don't forget VFX. A lot of animators dislike doing VFX, so if you need explosions, hit sparks, fire, etc, I can help.)

Edited by gell

ive got an idea, why dont you save this project after completing it, and try to make an MMO version of it! example of online 8 bit games: dino run

Those are big ambitions my friend. We will see. ;P

-snip-

Good luck, and if you need a game designer (who needs that?), let me know. Also if you are hurting for animators, I can make a sprite or two. Hit me up via PM if you need something. (Also don't forget VFX. A lot of animators dislike doing VFX, so if you need explosions, hit sparks, fire, etc, I can help.)

I'll send you a PM mate.

Shut up and take my money

How does free sound? This is a passion project, we will not squeeze a penny from it.

I know it's far from finished but, have thought about including story into this piece of fine art?

I'm a writer first and foremost. The story is under construction, expect a promo image soon, courtesy of Mirbersc. His wonderful paintings can be found here.