Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos arcanes - NO ONE CARES?

Scar.brother.help.me

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Scar.brother.help.me:

So it's been a while since Deimos update and adding those Kitgun-Warframe Acrane combinations. Not a single look was taken since then. It is obvious that nobody is using them. Will they just stay as they are? Don't develovers value their time spent on making those?

only the devs know that.
and i often mention the arcanes as a comparison. absolute garbage content! what were they designed for? it was clear at the beginning that it would be useless.

1 hour ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Don't develovers value their time spent on making those?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Still no. There is such a disconnect between developer's view and player's reality that I wonder how WF is still running. The latest example on DevTime well wasted are upcomming Parazon changes, which go absolutely nowhere.

The Function described in these arcana is very bad;
The Theorem Arcane creates spheres around the frame that debuff a single enemy in range,
however the negative points are:

• You must be stationed in an imaginary zone to generate spheres.
  • The chances of generating a sphere when killing enemies is very low.
  • The "on kill" mechanic is bad and arbitrary as the weapon was builded for Arcane and not for kill.
  • Leaving the zone makes the spheres disappear.
  • Multiple spheres must hit the same target.
  • If the target is not hit the debuff does not work.
  • I don't know if the spheres are consumed.
  • I don't know if the spheres go through walls.
  • I can hardly see my zone, I can hardly understand what's going on.

Maybe it has some trick with the last released mods but I don't see efficiency in applying debuffs in single targets that is not boss.

Well.....

DE: RNG Grind is Content!!!!111

The newest example of that is the acquisition of the briefcase weapons and the Arsenal Divide ... instead of fixing/buffing guns to be comparable to melee DE introduces more "content" and nerfs melee...

I at least would wish they would reverse the railjack Energy change... since they praise their game for the freedom of choice... which doesn't exist with the warframe dependability for energy in RJ and "a lot" of never used weapons ... in the rest of the game ....

Well ... there is a choice to not farm those arcanes ....

But there are still crazy people like me who farmed every arcane set maxed once in the game.....

Next goal, getting every mod in the game ... but the conclave ones ...

See ya :[ 

I'm still waiting for them to adress the range discrepancies between certain arcanes and even between descriptions, it's like they changed 1 arcane range and then forgot to update the rest of them, so sometimes they don't even match the description.

I find them cool and all, but changes are required for players to actually seek them out.

Deimos Arcanes can be fun. If you manage to get a full set of both theorem and residual. You can do some nice combinaison of either cold aoe for control or fire aoe for armor strip + control ; while gaining said element on your weapon as a buff. But, as said, it's really conditionnal ; you have to :

-Have a Kitgun and be able to kill with it

-Move to the zone after killing, which make both positioning and attention required

-Stand in the zone to get stacks ; Also, the zone is where you want the ennemies to be, which make it one of the other. And the zone is really small.

-Repeat.

And all of that cost a specific weapon, with a specifc arcane, and a arcane slot on your warframe ; And that's a lot considering the effect ; but it's not as "terrible" as it sounds like. It's just reaaaally hard to set up and to maintain, which makes it quite difficult to play amonst so many other mechanics, hence unpopular.

il y a 39 minutes, Mortico a dit :

But there are still crazy people like me who farmed every arcane set maxed once in the game.....

Next goal, getting every mod in the game ... but the conclave ones ...

I... did that. And all the ephemeras, and all the codex.

6 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

So it's been a while since Deimos update and adding those Kitgun-Warframe Acrane combinations. Not a single look was taken since then. It is obvious that nobody is using them. Will they just stay as they are? Don't develovers value their time spent on making those?

My experience was looking at the bounty rewards and thinking "woah these arcane look cool" I think I even went and got one but then couldn't figure out how/where to put it, yeah arcanes are confusing and nothing really distinguishes where you can actually put them ? will they go on any kitgun or only a kitgun that uses an infested part ? which part ? I don't know?

at the time I went and looked up the wiki or did a google I forget which but basically said they were not worth using, given most of them require you to be standing still I sort of agree, planned to go back to them at some point maybe to give them a go

correct, no one cares... to the point where they were abandoned before they were even released.

My advice? DE should just remove them, or move them from isolation vault rewards, to buyable from father, or loid, get them out of the way.

🤔 Since I don’t trust majority consensus on what’s fun, I’ve been slowly working towards using the Deimos ones. Just need to figure out how to use them in the first place, haha. Perhaps they’re not great and an absolute pain, perhaps they’re interesting options, looking forward to finding out 👍.

Don't be too harsh. DE is trying things out. The Deimos arcanes are the broken child of the kavat set mod bonus and the galvanized mods stack. It's using the on kill condition and the in zone condition (the worst). DE wanted to create some advanced fast paced gameplay with it, well, it didn't find a public because, ho well, too hard to play. I'm glad they tried, so new content, like galvanized mods, isn't so complicated to use, and even then...

I'm honestly kind of glad that they're useless.  Farming for them would be an absolute nightmare.  Isolation Vaults have too many layers of decisions (which tier, when to leave, are we doing the bonus, are we doing arcana, etc.) related to them to make a random group viable, and I just don't enjoy recruit chat beyond the occasional radshare when a new prime drops or oddly specific NW challenge.

39 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I'm honestly kind of glad that they're useless.  Farming for them would be an absolute nightmare.  Isolation Vaults have too many layers of decisions (which tier, when to leave, are we doing the bonus, are we doing arcana, etc.) related to them to make a random group viable, 

Agreed. Iso Vaults are the poster child of everything wrong with the modern Warframe design: very easy but also very annoying.  You can easily solo it with Octavia while half afk. But completion is gated behind timers, hide-and-seek objectives and esoteric conditions like Kill X enemy after you cover them in goo. It might be faster with a team that know how to do several things at once. But then its hard to find 3 other people on the same page with so many decisions to make, so its probably still faster if you do it by yourself.  

Which is why Im glad there's nothing worth farming in it.  Just shell out the plat for the Aurum Spinosa and broken Weapon parts, then never bother with them again.  

I still remember the post that told us about those arcanes, didn't even take 10 minutes for pretty much everyone to say that these have oh so many issues and absolutely shouldn't become a thing as they were.
well.... suffice to say not only they got introduced unchanged but they don't even want to improve them.

The real question is: why even post them in forum if you absolutely don't care what people will say and will do literally nothing no matter what people say.

Deimos arcanes... oh yeah, those are the things that have to compete with infinite ammo or head-seeking corpse debris on my gun, and with cold/magnet proc immunity on my frame.

I'd completely forgotten that they existed until now. And I think I'll just go right back to forgetting about them again.

On 2021-06-27 at 7:59 AM, dwqrf said:

Deimos Arcanes can be fun. If you manage to get a full set of both theorem and residual. You can do some nice combinaison of either cold aoe for control or fire aoe for armor strip + control ; while gaining said element on your weapon as a buff. But, as said, it's really conditionnal ; you have to :

-Have a Kitgun and be able to kill with it

-Move to the zone after killing, which make both positioning and attention required

-Stand in the zone to get stacks ; Also, the zone is where you want the ennemies to be, which make it one of the other. And the zone is really small.

-Repeat.

And all of that cost a specific weapon, with a specifc arcane, and a arcane slot on your warframe ; And that's a lot considering the effect ; but it's not as "terrible" as it sounds like. It's just reaaaally hard to set up and to maintain, which makes it quite difficult to play amonst so many other mechanics, hence unpopular.

Whew what a lot of work!

Thankfully the effects and damage from these are worth it!

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

They most certainly are not worth giving up mobility and a warframe arcane slot for. Not even kinda infinitesimally close.

7 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Whew what a lot of work!

It may be a little fiddly to set up, but surely for some people they'd find a use for it and get some fun? It feels like these are more "Alternative playstyles" as opposed to "Unabashed Powercreep"

5 hours ago, Skaleek said:

They most certainly are not worth giving up mobility and a warframe arcane slot for. Not even kinda infinitesimally close.

Mash Up Ball GIF

4 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

It may be a little fiddly to set up, but surely for some people they'd find a use for it and get some fun? It feels like these are more "Alternative playstyles" as opposed to "Unabashed Powercreep"

Honestly I've tried using them and even for silly meme builds I haven't found much fun with these things. You said it. They're really fiddly to set up. Warframe is too fast-paced for these multi-step process things. 

Archived