Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(XBOX)WickedGit

Question

I'm MR22, got 1k days login a while back and my weapons and frames can vaporize level 120 heavy gunners in Simularcrum easily. So why, when I load into the very first node on the star chart in Steel Path get one shot by level 101 grunt-level Grineer. Why can I not even scratch them without resorting to my trusty Condition Overload Lesion? Sure I can strip armor with Ash but in Simulacrum I don't have to do this with significantly higher level units? Just curious. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it's supposed to be?

19 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)WickedGit said:

Thanks for your comments, Guys. 

It would appear normal starchart content, presenting little challenge, has made me complacent and lazy. Instead of running through a mission melting enemies without a thought I need to work at Steel Path as if starting the game anew. Fair enough. Now I know I haven’t missed anything obvious I shall enjoy stripping armour and dealing death across the system!

Good thought process. Best of luck mate :)

On 2021-06-30 at 11:32 AM, (XBOX)WickedGit said:

It would appear normal starchart content, presenting little challenge, has made me complacent and lazy. Instead of running through a mission melting enemies without a thought I need to work at Steel Path as if starting the game anew. Fair enough. Now I know I haven’t missed anything obvious I shall enjoy stripping armour and dealing death across the system!

I hoped you also realized that the enemies in Simulacrum are not reflecting the bumped up stats that enemies receive in Steel Path.

14 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

@-CdG-Zilchy

... I find it interesting him pointing out really low TTK on SP with ranged weapons... When properly built ones actually kill fast enough...

... I call his hypocrisy "BR CO Berserk"-holic... Quick, someone send that guy to detox.

Hehe I do agree. I call the symptom for this "blind youtube worship".

Ain't nothin' but a heartache... Ain't nothin' but a mistake... I never wanna hear Grineer say, corrosive and heat, make armour go away! Basically though yeah, as you already know, Steel Path enemies are pretty beefy. At least initially if you treat them like they are slightly higher level star chart enemies or Simulacrum enemies. Once you optimise your set up, run for their weaknesses etc debuff them with abilities, strip defences with appropriate elemental combos, they start to go back to being relatively squishy again. 

Good luck! 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Melee is still gonna be king, now you're just spreading false info.

On 2021-06-29 at 5:02 PM, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Why people don't want it nerfed? For me the question is can you really think of a better way to play SP? I can't, aside from using debuffs alot more...probably the way to do it obviously. Those gun mods aren't gonna help whatsoever, because guns still have a really low time to kill on SP. This is literally my only complaint, I'm worried that SP is gonna be tedious AF now due to the changes. 

Bit hypocritical don't you think? Maybe don't judge him quite so harshly and explain why instead.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)WickedGit said:

I'm MR22, got 1k days login a while back and my weapons and frames can vaporize level 120 heavy gunners in Simularcrum easily. So why, when I load into the very first node on the star chart in Steel Path get one shot by level 101 grunt-level Grineer. Why can I not even scratch them without resorting to my trusty Condition Overload Lesion? Sure I can strip armor with Ash but in Simulacrum I don't have to do this with significantly higher level units? Just curious. Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it's supposed to be?

You need to practice. Sometimes things are the players fault and no one elses.

Archived