Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave rewards

Arnul.

EDIT: Let me clear things up cause right now some of you are just starting to tick me off. I don't care what they do with conclave, if they fix it or not. I just want to get the rewards. My opinion on conclave doesnt matter, I will still play it still to get the rewards. My problem is that no one freaking plays it so how I am suppose to get standing. You say "well just recruit or ask friends"... AGAIN no one... wants to play it!! I went on recruit and got completely ignored. For those of you in this post here that want to preserve conclave for god knows what reason then fine lets play. On PC ig RoaringRhino send me an in game friend request. Cause you all like Conclave so much right?

So no one is ever on conclave. I want that cosmetics from conclave. All the sigils and skins are great but I can't get them cause no one ever plays conclave. Just how arcanes where moved to eidolons when LoR was removed. Can we also get that for conclave rewards? I all the sigils from conclave just have mad fashion frame potential. The weapon skins are also so nice. When I was on ps4 I was close to getting the celestial syandana but I never got enough matches going.

hace 20 minutos, PiercingRhino dijo:

So no one is ever on conclave. I want that cosmetics from conclave. All the sigils and skins are great but I can't get them cause no one ever plays conclave. Just how arcanes where moved to eidolons when LoR was removed. Can we also get that for conclave rewards? I all the sigils from conclave just have mad fashion frame potential. The weapon skins are also so nice. When I was on ps4 I was close to getting the celestial syandana but I never got enough matches going.

Yes, also the Celestia syandana should have a toggle option for each flame or lit it permanently.

29 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Yes, also the Celestia syandana should have a toggle option for each flame or lit it permanently.

It sucks that all their pvp ideas just end up failing. I wanted to like Lunaro, it was so cool the first few days but no one ever played it after a month from release. Frame Fighters I liked too but its so clunky.

Instead of moving the rewards to a different place, we could ask DE to balance Conclave, fix the massive exploits that decimated its playerbase, and correct the flawed matchmaking. I think this would be a more satisfying solution for everyone instead of just placing these items behind some grind.

Why not a rebalance of gear in conclave, fix exploitable bugs that have been in it for almost 2 years, improve matchmaking to prevent players hiding to farm for rewards easily and making it seem empty and do something to encourage conclave gameplay.

That would be much better than asking for DE to take the lazy route and move its purely cosmetic and entirely not needed rewards somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Stormdragon said:

Why not a rebalance of gear in conclave, fix exploitable bugs that have been in it for almost 2 years, improve matchmaking to prevent players hiding to farm for rewards easily and making it seem empty and do something to encourage conclave gameplay.

That would be much better than asking for DE to take the lazy route and move its purely cosmetic and entirely not needed rewards somewhere else.

I have to wonder how many warframe players are fans of pvp games tho. Even if they did fix everything you guys say, I still dont want to play conclave. I'm just speaking for myself but I'm not a fan of pvp games like call of duty and such. I like the co op zombies but hardly ever played pvp.

Trying to complete the steel path star chart also is giving me the feeling not many warframe players want a challenge either. Facing against a real person is no doubt more difficult than a bot after all. And this is what I like about warframe its chill laid back game. No try hards going beast mode getting a 12 kill streak or some one getting all mad cause they're team sucks. Again thats just me. Maybe hopefully others feel the same. Warframe is already a great co op game. If I wanted to play a pvp game I'd play one of those call of duty games, which I dont. Anyways just a thought cause I really like the sigils.

1 hour ago, PiercingRhino said:

I have to wonder how many warframe players are fans of pvp games tho. Even if they did fix everything you guys say, I still dont want to play conclave. I'm just speaking for myself but I'm not a fan of pvp games like call of duty and such. I like the co op zombies but hardly ever played pvp.

Trying to complete the steel path star chart also is giving me the feeling not many warframe players want a challenge either. Facing against a real person is no doubt more difficult than a bot after all. And this is what I like about warframe its chill laid back game. No try hards going beast mode getting a 12 kill streak or some one getting all mad cause they're team sucks. Again thats just me. Maybe hopefully others feel the same. Warframe is already a great co op game. If I wanted to play a pvp game I'd play one of those call of duty games, which I dont. Anyways just a thought cause I really like the sigils.

There was a time when DE tried to appeal to all kinds of players. I'm sure a lot of those who want to play some PvP have moved on, since these devs can't be bothered to fix even the most obvious and egregious problems in over one and a half years. Things that would take 5 minutes to disable even, if working on a fix is too much trouble.

I can't talk for others, but I play Steel Path mostly solo, and the "chill laid back game" is probably a lot of "occasionally pay attention while watching Netflix on the second monitor" to many people.

One of the problems with this game these days is that it tries extremely hard to be not anything else. 95% of it is already this "the mission is decided in the loadout screen", yet threads like this one pop up regularly. Sometimes it makes me wonder: Why is this overwhelming amount of casual content still not enough? 🤔

Besides, the "no one is ever on Conclave" is a cop-out. How hard is it to ask a buddy to play a round of Lunaro? Takes only two to start a match.

P.S. For some reason, these earlier years were also a time when the forums were an overall happier place. I still remember there were hype threads for updates and people were excited about what they would bring.

18 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

There was a time when DE tried to appeal to all kinds of players. I'm sure a lot of those who want to play some PvP have moved on, since these devs can't be bothered to fix even the most obvious and egregious problems in over one and a half years. Things that would take 5 minutes to disable even, if working on a fix is too much trouble.

I can't talk for others, but I play Steel Path mostly solo, and the "chill laid back game" is probably a lot of "occasionally pay attention while watching Netflix on the second monitor" to many people.

One of the problems with this game these days is that it tries extremely hard to be not anything else. 95% of it is already this "the mission is decided in the loadout screen", yet threads like this one pop up regularly. Sometimes it makes me wonder: Why is this overwhelming amount of casual content still not enough? 🤔

Besides, the "no one is ever on Conclave" is a cop-out. How hard is it to ask a buddy to play a round of Lunaro? Takes only two to start a match.

P.S. For some reason, these earlier years were also a time when the forums were an overall happier place. I still remember there were hype threads for updates and people were excited about what they would bring.

I dont know if this is a bug or not but I have. For some reason we weren't getting affinity so we gave up. He also didnt like conclave either. Neither of us were big fans of multiplayer pvp games.

Either way take it out or dont, I just want the sigils that are locked behind conclave.

3 minutes ago, PiercingRhino said:

I dont know if this is a bug or not but I have. For some reason we weren't getting affinity so we gave up. He also didnt like conclave either. Neither of us were big fans of multiplayer pvp games.

Either way take it out or dont, I just want the sigils that are locked behind conclave.

You won't get affinity unless you set matchmaking to Public.

So you have asked exactly one buddy and you're both not big fans of multiplayer pvp games. But earlier you said Lunaro was cool and the problem is no one plays? I'm someone who prefers the shooty part of Warframe, so can't tell you much about Lunaro. Maybe try Recruiting chat in the evening?

I also know there's a small Lunaro Discord, but I guess that's more for people who really like to play it.

13 hours ago, PiercingRhino said:

I still dont want to play conclave.

Then don't? Just accept that conclave rewards -sigilis included-aren't needed in any way for the game so you won't be missing out on much.

There's enough sigils in the game so there's no reason to remain focused on those locked behind that one part of the game you refuse to play. Hell, i'm sure more sigils are being added in future updates.

The rewards are honestly not even that great outside of conclave. Wanting the sigils is especially weird because the whole point is they are there to show off doing stuff in conclave. So why would they be made available to people who hate conclave.

We don't all like all the types of gameplay Warframe has to offer. That's totally okay, but it's also totally okay for you not to get the rewards specific to those game modes. There's been parts of the game I didn't like (though I eventually gave them a shot and ended up being fine with them,) and I didn't get the rewards for those games and that was okay.

DE's problem with ignoring Conclave is one of the reasons it is so barren. No one wants to play something that gets fixed once a year, if that. I desperately want to do Capture the Cephalon matches, but I can't get anyone else when I queue up. If DE took some time with Conclave, it would encourage players to play it. ESO is a mostly PvE game, but also has incredible PvP. There's no reason PvP players wouldn't increase in number or be drawn to the game if PvP was fixed and actively worked on.

21 hours ago, PiercingRhino said:

Can we also get that for conclave rewards? 

Instead of moving them to other areas to earn, just add a PVE option (with lower rep earned per match) to still get people into conclave and the rewards can remain. 

That way you get to enjoy the rewards and the different conclave game mods. Just something i am wishing for since conclave is the only thing I have missing from my collection. 

Just now, Jackdarsan said:

Instead of moving them to other areas to earn, just add a PVE option (with lower rep earned per match) to still get people into conclave and the rewards can remain. 

That way you get to enjoy the rewards and the different conclave game mods. Just something i am wishing for since conclave is the only thing I have missing from my collection. 

That would be cool but the way some of these ppl have commented it sounds like they'd complain you didn't earn it. Just look at how much they complained when LoR was removed and the arcanes moved to eidolons. Yet I didnt see ppl lining up to play LoR only when they removed it everyone acted like they played it. I only ever played LoR 3 times cuz no one liked it.

P.s a lot of toxicity in LoR. If anyones ever done eidolons with try hards thats nothing compared to how rude some ppl were in LoR

7 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

If they have spare time to work on anything in this part of the game, they should work on fixing longstanding issues, first.

7 hours ago, PiercingRhino said:

That would be cool but the way some of these ppl have commented it sounds like they'd complain you didn't earn it. Just look at how much they complained when LoR was removed and the arcanes moved to eidolons. Yet I didnt see ppl lining up to play LoR only when they removed it everyone acted like they played it. I only ever played LoR 3 times cuz no one liked it.

P.s a lot of toxicity in LoR. If anyones ever done eidolons with try hards thats nothing compared to how rude some ppl were in LoR

I think you're mxing things up a bit, here.

Conclave rewards are the way they are because from early on, there has been a lot of opposition from people like you: People who never wanted to play PvP were very vocal about there not being anything worthwhile (i.e. relevant for progression) in the Conclave reward pool. DE obliged, and so the things you can get are mostly cosmetic. So that is certainly part of the reason why it's not very popular.

Initially, it was set up like the other Syndicates, but note e.g. how the Zylok never made it into the shop. IIRC they also put some event reward into the market because some vocal people were up in arms, back in the day.

Then raids: I don't think anyone here (= people who like PvP) ever wanted DE to remove them, but after the fact, countless people have lined up to say that Conclave should be removed and/or the rewards moved elsewhere, often because of what happened with raids. Case in point: this thread here.

Now for rewards being made available elsewhere: I'm not sure how many people are actually opposed to that in principle. Myself, I've said before that they should just make things tradeable instead. Also, they could first put some worthwhile rewards into the shop to do something about the low player count (which is the real problem here, right?). Useful things like Endo, Ducats, Kuva or why not Steel Essence? It's Teshin, after all. Then maybe make some things available in the Steel Path shop, as well.

But let's be honest here: Conclave has gotten the short end of the stick for a long time already, and you not being able to get some things because you don't like playing it isn't that big of a deal. I don't like some other parts of the game, either, and I'm fine with not getting the rewards unless I'm engaging with those parts. Why should this be any different here?

On 2021-06-28 at 1:51 AM, PiercingRhino said:

I have to wonder how many warframe players are fans of pvp games tho

Does that even matter? Pvp population could grow IF de bothered with giving some mantenance to conclave, making your statement a non-argument.

I still dont want to play conclave.

Then why should you be able to get rewards meant for players who enjoy a gamemode you simply don't want to play? Do you realize your self entitlement?

this is what I like about warframe its chill laid back game. No [...] someone getting all mad cause they're team sucks

Yeah, warframe has become so chill and laid back that anyone can beat any mission playing solo while watching netflix, so failing a mission is perhaps a bigger challenge than getting to complete them even if the entire team sucks.

Warframe is already a great co op game.

Can it be called a "coop game" when a single player can do all the job on his own, leaving up to 3 other players doing nothing but to see affinity numbers pop on their screen? Where's the "cooperation" in that?

If I wanted to play a pvp game I'd play one of those call of duty games

You'd be free to do so, just don't go around asking those of us who actually enjoy warframe's pvp to go play others games. We're playing warframe's conclave for a reason.

15 hours ago, PiercingRhino said:

Just look at how much they complained when LoR was removed and the arcanes moved to eidolons.

I remember people who enjoyed trials asking for them to be kept in the game without caring if arcanes were put somewhere else. You know, the actual issue was about content they enjoyed being removed from the game (who would've thought?)

Also, are you really trying to compare arcanes -something meant to increase player power- with some useless stickers? You'd probably have a point if conclave sigils granted stat increases that can actually affect the way you play the game like arcanes do, but they don't.

On 2021-06-29 at 12:09 PM, AbyssalWyrm said:

Does that even matter? Pvp population could grow IF de bothered with giving some mantenance to conclave, making your statement a non-argument.

Then why should you be able to get rewards meant for players who enjoy a gamemode you simply don't want to play? Do you realize your self entitlement?

Yeah, warframe has become so chill and laid back that anyone can beat any mission playing solo while watching netflix, so failing a mission is perhaps a bigger challenge than getting to complete them even if the entire team sucks.

Can it be called a "coop game" when a single player can do all the job on his own, leaving up to 3 other players doing nothing but to see affinity numbers pop on their screen? Where's the "cooperation" in that?

You'd be free to do so, just don't go around asking those of us who actually enjoy warframe's pvp to go play others games. We're playing warframe's conclave for a reason.

I remember people who enjoyed trials asking for them to be kept in the game without caring if arcanes were put somewhere else. You know, the actual issue was about content they enjoyed being removed from the game (who would've thought?)

Also, are you really trying to compare arcanes -something meant to increase player power- with some useless stickers? You'd probably have a point if conclave sigils granted stat increases that can actually affect the way you play the game like arcanes do, but they don't.

Well said.

On 2021-06-29 at 10:36 AM, PiercingRhino said:

That would be cool but the way some of these ppl have commented it sounds like they'd complain you didn't earn it.

Yep 100% with you on that, a lot of backlash on any changes being suggested.  Just thought would be a cool way to get into it and still be able to progress slowly instead not be able to touch it like its current state. 

On 2021-06-29 at 6:08 PM, Kontrollo said:

If they have spare time to work on anything in this part of the game, they should work on fixing longstanding issues, first.

True i guess, cannot comment on that since i've only been able to play a total of 3 matches over the 2 years since its soo dead and yes i'm aware of discord servers and ways to improve that but I want to be able to jump into a game and play it. If something needs all these additional things just to find people willing to play conclave then there is a bigger issue to fix, like you stated. 

11 minutes ago, Jackdarsan said:

True i guess, cannot comment on that since i've only been able to play a total of 3 matches over the 2 years since its soo dead and yes i'm aware of discord servers and ways to improve that but I want to be able to jump into a game and play it. If something needs all these additional things just to find people willing to play conclave then there is a bigger issue to fix, like you stated. 

Again for you: It only takes one extra player to start a match. If you can't find a game immediately (and don't want to join communities outside the game), there's always the friends list and Recruitment chat.

But maybe I also have to explain how the matchmaking system works? From the earlier exchange it seems like the other guy didn't play in Public (probably by accident).

If there were ppl playing conclave my post wouldnt exist! Are we seeing the issue now. YES I'm on public its not difficult to see that since its right in front of your face. The problem is no one plays but 3 of you that seem to want to preserver this game mode only the 3 of you play.

44 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Again for you: It only takes one extra player to start a match. If you can't find a game immediately (and don't want to join communities outside the game), there's always the friends list and Recruitment chat.

But maybe I also have to explain how the matchmaking system works? From the earlier exchange it seems like the other guy didn't play in Public (probably by accident).

OK send me an ig request then since you love playing conclave so much.  I'm on most days. I'm just farming the standing and you aint ever seeing me again just so you know. PC RoaringRhino. I'm on right now.

hace 25 minutos, PiercingRhino dijo:

If there were ppl playing conclave my post wouldnt exist! Are we seeing the issue now. YES I'm on public its not difficult to see that since its right in front of your face. The problem is no one plays but 3 of you that seem to want to preserver this game mode only the 3 of you play.

Last 3 years of conclave suggestions resumed in one comment.

On 2021-06-29 at 1:08 AM, Kontrollo said:

Myself, I've said before that they should just make things tradeable instead.

This, this, always and forever this.

On 2021-06-29 at 1:08 AM, Kontrollo said:

Useful things like Endo, Ducats, Kuva or why not Steel Essence? It's Teshin, after all. Then maybe make some things available in the Steel Path shop, as well.

Also this. And it isn't just about the rewards you get in Conclave, but also the ones you don't - like building mats and relics and other generally global EOM rewards you'd passively get playing just about any mission.

8 hours ago, PiercingRhino said:

8 hours ago, PiercingRhino said:

OK send me an ig request then since you love playing conclave so much.  I'm on most days. I'm just farming the standing and you aint ever seeing me again just so you know. PC RoaringRhino. I'm on right now.

Why would I want to play with you? You're obviously not interested in the gameplay itself, only in the rewards, and prefer Lunaro over Conclave. Also, with the bugs and exploits the devs don't fix, I basically stopped playing in public. I don't need the standing, so I can just play and enjoy private games. We don't have much in common.

But I can help you find games by explaining how it works, it's not all that obvious. Before, you said you didn't get any standing, that's a clear indicator you overlooked something.

First, make sure top left is set to Public. Unlike PvE, Friends Only and Invite Only are not Public. Although there seems to be a bug that might shunt you into a public lobby if there's a dedicated server in your region (yes there are bugs, quite a few have accumulated over the years because DE only rarely fixes things that they break with PvE updates):

8FGVIp1.png

Then make sure that in the bottom right, it's also set to Public:

eh7S2ib.png

SoTpQVH.png

Next, depending on your region and ping setting, it might be harder to find people.

• Options > Gameplay > Matchmaking Ping Limit. Set to Unlimited for starters.
  • Region: Games usually happen in the the respective evenings of a region. EU and NA are probably the most active.

The player pool is further divided between Recruit Conditioning (RC) and the rest. RC is only available below rank 3. Myself, I never even had that option because I was already above that when they introduced it years ago. Turn it off if no one joins and try again.

Other problems are that you obviously can't join an already full lobby and that sometimes the game doesn't let you find an open game, even if there are open slots. DE magic again.

Also, what I saw when hosting a dedicated server a while ago is that people generally don't wait more than a short while in an otherwise empty lobby. Not surprising because you literally can't don anything else there. What you'd see then is a slow trickle of people trying and leaving again. 

Game modes: Annihilation is by far the most active, you'll have a harder time finding anyone in other game modes. Again, the solution here is to simply ask a buddy to get something going if you're impatient, or join one of the communities.

6 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

-snip-

One other thing for @PiercingRhino is that the lobby / server you end up in seems to cycle as you leave and rejoin. So if you set up everything and your first attempt to get a game lands you in an empty lobby, exit and try again. It'll (usually) shuffle you into a different lobby, which might be the one people are playing in.

Archived