Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When we going to get real aliens?

Oberick

1 hour ago, Oberick said:

Everything in game is Human/Orokin or their creations.  How cool would it be to have dudes like this on a planet or living in the void somewhere?

Yes but at the same time...no. 

i mean, it would be cool to add at least another "race" of enemies but if there is going to be one, it's going to take AT THE BARE MINIMUM 5 years. 

We still need to finish up the whole thing with Ballas, Natha and actualy understand what WE really are. 

plus...i think we're going to get a Stalker centered quest and theeeen, only then we should be free to put new stuff on the table. 

3 hours ago, Oberick said:

How cool would it be to have dudes like this on a planet or living in the void somewhere?

ignoring that it's an Excalibur.. you are actually kinda on the mark with the "living in the Void" part, because of Planes of Duviri: we really will be going to a place that is totally alien: the Void may be in our Origin System, but we know next to nothing about it, and once we get on the Planes it will be a totally different world to the ones we've been to. we know there are strange Dax-zombie people who ride horses there, and while they might have also been made by the Orokin -even if by accident somehow - they would still be a new faction, more or less.

sadly we're not really gonna know more until Duviri comes out... probably not this year. 

We have the man in the wall, which is some strange creature from the void, but he chooses to look like whoever he is speaking to, so design wise he doesn't look like an alien.

Then there are these strange guys coming with Duviri Paradox, they live in the void and not much else is known about them.

b3vY4ON.jpeg

Honestly?  No.  Totally unrelated aliens do not really fit Warframe.  A central theme of Warframe is (human) hubris, and everything "alien" we've discovered so far turned out to be a human descendent or creation.  Even The Man in the Wall, I suspect, will be revealed to be borne of the collective human subconscious or some such (Slaanesh, anyone?).  So why toss in an unrelated foreign threat with which to distract ourselves for our biggest threat: ourselves?

3 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

We have the man in the wall, which is some strange creature from the void, but he chooses to look like whoever he is speaking to, so design wise he doesn't look like an alien.

Then there are these strange guys coming with Duviri Paradox, they live in the void and not much else is known about them.

b3vY4ON.jpeg

I really love the look of stuff like that. Reminds me of the 80s fantasy comics and movies I grew up on.

5 hours ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

The infestation is a creation of the Orokin.

Technically we don't know if they created it, or merely harnessed and modified an already existent infection. Either way its origins are still likely local to... well, Origin.

The Void is a separate dimension that is strongly hinted to be sentient, or have sentient entities (i.e. the Man in the Wall). Given that this dimension was discovered, rather than created by the Orokin, it is thus a truly alien entity in the Warframe universe.

I don't remember the exact details but infestation wasn't a pure orokin creation, I think they modified something already existing(because if I recall a lot of infestation strains we have right now are based on the old war when orokin decided it was a good idea to make a zombie wall against sentients)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Oberick:

Everything in game is Human/Orokin or their creations.  How cool would it be to have dudes like this on a planet or living in the void somewhere?

l6SVaQs.jpg

i don't need aliens. i have my magnifying glass. bugs are so ugly and disgusting that every horror movie becomes a fairy tale for the children.
I've also seen films of beetles killing each other. omg i'm just saying. You can hardly fall asleep afterwards!

6 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Honestly?  No.  Totally unrelated aliens do not really fit Warframe.  A central theme of Warframe is (human) hubris, and everything "alien" we've discovered so far turned out to be a human descendent or creation.  Even The Man in the Wall, I suspect, will be revealed to be borne of the collective human subconscious or some such (Slaanesh, anyone?).  So why toss in an unrelated foreign threat with which to distract ourselves for our biggest threat: ourselves?

They wouldn't need to be enemies.  They could be like the Ostrons/Solaris/Entrati of a new area and sell us alien weapons/companions/etc.  And yes the story is about human hubris but its also about working together with people/beings that are different than you.

I agree about the Man in the Wall ending up being related to Orokin/humans too.  Not sure they will end up being a powerful god like being like in Warhammer or Starcraft.  I'm thinking like maybe during the radiation wars we created the void and the man in the wall was a victim/ an amalgamation of the victims of it.

10 minutes ago, Oberick said:

-snip-

With this in mind, they could add aliens, but to form an argument for it, why should they? If we look at the themes and story of Warframe, what would the new alien NPCs add to the game beyond the players going, "wow, look at that alien"?

Why would the aliens come visit?

What would they offer that we can't explore with the Void and The Indifference which haunts you?

As far as everything goes, this game's universe is set in damage control from hundreds of years of Orokin decadence spiraling out of control. Everything we're dealing with are associated with symptoms of Orokin interference in one form or another. Corpus are a merchant faction that started to spite Orokin greed (ironic what it's become), Grineer used to be a caste of slave-like workers who rebelled during the fall of the Orokin, the Infestation are organic monstrosities created by the Orokin for war, the Void is a result of Orokin research for travel (as evidenced by the Zariman Ten Zero incident), the Sentient are a Corpus-made-but-Orokin-authorized machine creation intended to terraform the Tau system for human occupation which later rebelled and returned to destroy them, and the Tenno are a creation out of desperation to combat the Sentients which were manipulated to destroy the Orokin by the Sentient as a form of mutually-assured destruction.

There isn't much of a reason to include aliens when everything appears centered on the Orokin and their extensive list of misdeeds.

Only way I could see "aliens" working out is if they came from outside our home system. But Tau would be out of the question as the Sentients have been there terraforming it for their own uses so anything that was alive there should be long gone. And since the Sentients were needed to make another system habitable in the first place it seems unlikely for us to ever have an opportunity or reason to bring up a third system.

That is unless Duviri ends up doing some wild Void shenanigans. But even then I'd suspect whatever we find there won't be too far removed from what we've seen so far.

On 2021-06-28 at 1:11 PM, SenorClipClop said:

With this in mind, they could add aliens, but to form an argument for it, why should they? If we look at the themes and story of Warframe, what would the new alien NPCs add to the game beyond the players going, "wow, look at that alien"?

Because just like every other faction they can add a unique look, style, and story?  Like what if the reason the Sentients were worried about the Orokin trashing Tau like they did Earth was because there was alien life already there? Or what if they live in the void and the Man in the Wall is nothing to them helping us deal with it/him?  It's not like any humans/orokin/sentient/tenno/etc could help us.  The one guy who dealt with him all this time is gone now.

On 2021-06-29 at 1:56 AM, Oberick said:

They wouldn't need to be enemies.  They could be like the Ostrons/Solaris/Entrati of a new area and sell us alien weapons/companions/etc.  And yes the story is about human hubris but its also about working together with people/beings that are different than you.

Okay, then which enemy faction would be the counterpart/oppressor of these peaceful residents of the new open landscape?  We are protecting the Ostrons from the Grineer, the Solaris from the Corpus and the Entrati from the Infested.  Who will be the antagonist of this new alien-inhabited landscape?  And given how "alien" the Orokin-created Sentients turned out to be, I really do not think it would be believable for an unrelated species of aliens to also happen to evolve a head, a torso, two arms and two legs.  Or to have anything that resembled a village and did human things like bartering, fishing, conservation and mining...  While none of this is impossible to retcon, it's just such a thematic shift that, IMHO, would weaken the cohesiveness of the story and lore.

Probably never, because this:

On 2021-06-28 at 12:36 AM, Oberick said:

Everything in game is Human/Orokin or their creations

is a central theme of the lore. EVERYTHING is Orokin. All civilizations before them, gone. All history before them, gone. They are the new history. Wally is the only thing that doesn't 100% originate with the Orokin, and he's still human since he's made of human emotions

Archived