Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to farm focus

sauceyboii11

Question

I recently finished the Second Dream quest and chose zenurik. After taking a look I realized I need thousands of focus. I started farming focus after that but it is a little for some reason. Would be happy if someone can tell how to increase them :)

11 answers to this question

Since you've only just unlocked this system, try and figure out which frames/weapons you use most and install your best available lens. Do read the options below so you do not install the lens on your favorite frame when it isn't, mirage, trinity, volt, saryn or any other proper nuker for ESO/SO.

As for missions your best choices is probably doing either:

Sleep/stealth run on Sedna - Adaro, i suggest searching for videos on this subject. I personally barely use this because I find the other option more fun.

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, or ESO, requires either luck in public matchmaking or usage of the recruitment chat. If doing publics, i suggest taking some of the less energy hungry nukers with a rakta cernos for some extra energy. With a bit of luck and an optimized load-out/squad you can get upwards of 30k focus per round (in the 45s focus boost parts), this can be improved upon with affinity boosters like all focus.

Things that can greatly affect focus gains:

Affinity boosters of any kind, notably charm (smeeta kavat), event booster, community booster, affinity booster, stealth booster(hence adaro).

High DPS frames in combination with a Trinity or other means to restore energy.

Using the special focus booster orbs that drop, make sure you leave a lot of affinity (e.g. kills) alive before picking up the orbs to maximize your focus gains.

TL;DR;

Focus = affinity. But with a lot more systems to boost/limit your gains.

Well, the basic is you need a lot of kills in very short amount of time. Any nuker frames will do. Grab the focus orb thingie, then go crazy with your nuke button. SO is a decent place to go to.

There are specific farming methods like going all stealth on adaro or something, i never really tried it. Others might help you with that.

Or start farming eidolons. You can convert its shard to focus.

to farm focus you will need what is called a lens, to get a lens you can either buy as usual or earn it from varying task. once you have acquired a lens you will need to socket it into a warframe of your choice (note make sure you have the correct focus as there are many different types), after you have done all of that, then and only then will a yellow marker appear periodically in missions, touch this and go wild. or as the other comment said you can do eidolon hunts to receive eidolon shards.

Focus is acquired from level 30 equipment installed with a Focus Lens through a daily cap (scaling with Mastery Rank). There are many places to efficiently cap out this standing. The main 3 being:

• Elite Sanctuary Onslaught
  • Adaro, Sedna (Stealth Exterminate)
    • Sleeping enemies with Rest and Rage from Equinox or similar abilities that immobilize enemies and leave them unalerted let you capitalize on stealth Affinity multipliers which greatly increase Focus gain after picking up Convergence. I recommend using a Lens on your Warframe and melee weapon for best gains. For melee weapons, polearms are quite effective.
      • Guandao Prime: https://overframe.gg/build/177440/). If possible, equip Naramon Focus for Affinity Spike and Power Spike when you unlock these abilities to gain more Affinity and sustain your combo count for Blood Rush. If you don't have access to Naramon's Affinity Spike or Power Spike, you can replace North Wind with Gladiator Rush for Combo Duration and more Critical Chance scaling from combo count.
      • Banshee with Rest and Rage: https://overframe.gg/build/90560/
        • If you don't have access to the Helminth system, you can run Equinox with the exact same set of mods instead of Banshee.
  • Other High Level Grineer Missions (Steel Path, Hydron, etc.)
    • Grineer give the highest Affinity for kills, so naturally Grineer missions are quite effective for capping Focus.

The other way to gain Focus is through Eidolon Shards which can be acquired from hunting Eidolons during night cycles in Plains of Eidolon. Eidolon Shards bypass the daily Focus limit and are required to unlock Waybound skills.

If you are looking to finish the Focus system quickly, I suggest Adaro, Sedna to cap daily standing as well as running Eidolon hunts when you have the chance.

Thought banshee just needed Savage Silence?    If your going to heminth inject R&R why not do it to any frame ? 

I hate Banshee.. she looks like a cricket.  I really need to try to get equinnox going..

I have just grinded out focus from normal missions over the years with melee.   Murmurs and Lua Lens's have been my favorite method.  

13 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Thought banshee just needed Savage Silence?    If your going to heminth inject R&R why not do it to any frame ? 

I hate Banshee.. she looks like a cricket.  I really need to try to get equinnox going..

I have just grinded out focus from normal missions over the years with melee.   Murmurs and Lua Lens's have been my favorite method.  

Savage Silence is inconsistent and enemy LoS will still have them alerted in many cases. Banshee uses R&R to great strengths because Banshee's passive makes all attacks silent allowing you to use this build to level weapons. Likewise, Sonar is a form of Enemy Radar and damage multiplication. Additionally, Banshee Prime has a larger energy reserve compared to Equinox Prime. She also matches Equinox Prime's 1.15 sprint speed. 

12 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Since you've only just unlocked this system, try and figure out which frames/weapons you use most and install your best available lens. Do read the options below so you do not install the lens on your favorite frame when it isn't, mirage, trinity, volt, saryn or any other proper nuker for ESO/SO.

As for missions your best choices is probably doing either:

Sleep/stealth run on Sedna - Adaro, i suggest searching for videos on this subject. I personally barely use this because I find the other option more fun.

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, or ESO, requires either luck in public matchmaking or usage of the recruitment chat. If doing publics, i suggest taking some of the less energy hungry nukers with a rakta cernos for some extra energy. With a bit of luck and an optimized load-out/squad you can get upwards of 30k focus per round (in the 45s focus boost parts), this can be improved upon with affinity boosters like all focus.

Things that can greatly affect focus gains:

Affinity boosters of any kind, notably charm (smeeta kavat), event booster, community booster, affinity booster, stealth booster(hence adaro).

High DPS frames in combination with a Trinity or other means to restore energy.

Using the special focus booster orbs that drop, make sure you leave a lot of affinity (e.g. kills) alive before picking up the orbs to maximize your focus gains.

TL;DR;

Focus = affinity. But with a lot more systems to boost/limit your gains.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Focus is acquired from level 30 equipment installed with a Focus Lens through a daily cap (scaling with Mastery Rank). There are many places to efficiently cap out this standing. The main 3 being:

• Elite Sanctuary Onslaught
  • Adaro, Sedna (Stealth Exterminate)
    • Sleeping enemies with Rest and Rage from Equinox or similar abilities that immobilize enemies and leave them unalerted let you capitalize on stealth Affinity multipliers which greatly increase Focus gain after picking up Convergence. I recommend using a Lens on your Warframe and melee weapon for best gains. For melee weapons, polearms are quite effective.
      • Guandao Prime: https://overframe.gg/build/177440/). If possible, equip Naramon Focus for Affinity Spike and Power Spike when you unlock these abilities to gain more Affinity and sustain your combo count for Blood Rush. If you don't have access to Naramon's Affinity Spike or Power Spike, you can replace North Wind with Gladiator Rush for Combo Duration and more Critical Chance scaling from combo count.
      • Banshee with Rest and Rage: https://overframe.gg/build/90560/
        • If you don't have access to the Helminth system, you can run Equinox with the exact same set of mods instead of Banshee.
  • Other High Level Grineer Missions (Steel Path, Hydron, etc.)
    • Grineer give the highest Affinity for kills, so naturally Grineer missions are quite effective for capping Focus.

The other way to gain Focus is through Eidolon Shards which can be acquired from hunting Eidolons during night cycles in Plains of Eidolon. Eidolon Shards bypass the daily Focus limit and are required to unlock Waybound skills.

If you are looking to finish the Focus system quickly, I suggest Adaro, Sedna to cap daily standing as well as running Eidolon hunts when you have the chance.

Thanks for the setups but should I get equinox prime first or mesa prime because I consider the two of them as nuke frame for killing things fast.

And I can agree with the weapon choices.

6 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

If you're gonna do Adaro and you have Helminth already, put Rest or Gloom on Loki, mod for max duration, range and efficiency and have fun.

7 hours ago, sauceyboii11 said:

Thanks for the setups but should I get equinox prime first or mesa prime because I consider the two of them as nuke frame for killing things fast.

And I can agree with the weapon choices.

If you're focused on gaining Focus (haha), you should go for Equinox Prime first to be honest. 

Archived