Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what do you do about "anti warframe ability" on steel path ?

_Anise_

Question

lots of warframes have survive tied to abilities and some enemies can turn off abilities.

talking about guys that send out null waves that turn off your defenses , guys that just run around with permanent blue bubbles that also turn off your abilities or just the ones that near instantly drain all your energy preventing ability use.

whilst trying to use ivara all 3 of these cancel stealth leaving me exposed an unable to reengage stealth, similar to a framewith active defense once these "interactions" come into play = dead.

only thing I can think todo is run a frame that is just passivly tanky that dosn't rely on ability use instead of playing one I enjoy that gets nullified

TLDR

what are you meant todo against these mechanics?

15 answers to this question

These very same enemies exist on normal mode as well. Keep your energy topped up and pay attention, that's about all you need to do. Also, if you die the moment defensive abilities turn off, maybe try moving around a little? Also, if you have SP unlocked, you also have your op available, use that too.

For nullifiers, you can just pop the bubbles from far away with your primary/secondary weapon. Just bring something that fires quickly and silently. Then either quickly get past them or kill them before they re-engage the bubble. Or just walk around them - their big blue bubbles make them quite easy to see from far away!

Scrambuses are slightly more anoying - but would they even send out that wave unless they detect you? If not - just make sure to kill/CC them first! Pretty sure they don't send out waves while they're napping from Ivara's sleep arrow!

Ancient leeches are probably the most unpleasant ones of the three - but again: just kill them first and (preferably) from far away!

On 2021-06-28 at 9:13 AM, Uhkretor said:

... No such thing...

... oh wait, I'm an outlier. I don't depend on warframe abilities to kill...

Based on playtime stats, actually, I recall that Inaros is very high up there, meaning likely quite a few players in fact use a no-ability playstyle (e.g. the basic Inaros with a melee). No-ability play is not really as much of an outlier as one might think (especially when one considers how shieldgating can be abused these days).

Nullifier:

Shoot until the blue bubble pops, then shoot the corpus.

Alternatively snipe the shield drone to one shot the bubble, then shoot the corpus.

Scrambus and other Skate Corpus:

Walk away from their nullification field and shoot them, it's temporary so just keep walking backwards if you lose line of sight.

Ancient Disruptors:

Keep your distance and shoot them.

Ivara during her invisibility is incredibly slow, if you want a permanent invisibility with no restrictions, try out Octavia.

If you really want to stick to Ivara, just throw yourself in the bubble and kill the nullifier, your shield gate should save you from lethal damage and you can switch to operator and crouch to reposition yourself an let your shields regenerate.

Kinda depends on what you're planning on doing.  Different frames for different tasks and all that.  However, I did most of SP with Ivara.  I avoided the problem you're having by making sure I had a ton of energy potential(Preparation, Primed Flow, Arcane Energize).  Then after that I was using a Kuva Tonkor with toxin bonus and modded as heavily as possible for pure toxin.  The ability-diddling mobs are all corpus, so you can have your way with them in short order with that setup.  I also had a Hush on it, so it wouldn't break my stealth while I blew everyone to kingdom come. 

6 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

Based on playtime stats, actually, I recall that Inaros is very high up there, meaning likely quite a few players in fact use a no-ability playstyle (e.g. the basic Inaros with a melee). No-ability play is not really as much of an outlier as one might think (especially when one considers how shieldgating can be abused these days).

... Are you, perhaps, trying to indicate that I resort to massive crutches in order to keep a "no ability" methodology?

16 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Are you, perhaps, trying to indicate that I resort to massive crutches in order to keep a "no ability" methodology?

You must've rolled a really nice range stat on your riven to make that much of a reach.

57 minutes ago, Anaktoria said:

You must've rolled a really nice range stat on your riven to make that much of a reach.

Or, or, or... And this is probably outside of your reach, but who knows... Maybe I haven't really boarded the "spam abilities because its intended and fun" train, and kept with the very same playing method ever since U7 without changing from it once... And no, I have crappy Rivens. So crappy, I made a willing choice to simply, and here's the most surprising thing... not use them at all...

... So~... I guess that there are outliers in the game... Why did it work for me, at the complete yet unnecessary disbelief on pretty much everyone reading this thread? Simple... Steel Path is currently the closest it can get where the game was actually both fun and challenging. Sure, mobs only have +100 levels on top of the level ranges appointed in regular Star Chart mission nodes and those 250% modifiers (I would've probably taken it to the extreme but that's me), but the behavior on equipment, and their builds, in Steel Path work exactly as they did years ago.

For a community that has standardized itself on "spam abilities because its intended and fun", a player like me is most definitely a persona-non-grata Outlier... But compared to the rest, due to my choices of not boarding trains into obvious traps, results in me not changing my playing method, my equipment and my builds, and ending up completely solo'ing Steel Path, while the rest is having problems...

I'm not here to shove this in everyone's faces. I was crystal clear on my first post.

On 2021-06-28 at 5:13 PM, Uhkretor said:

... No such thing...

... oh wait, I'm an outlier. I don't depend on warframe abilities to kill...

But in case it wasn't crystal clear enough, or simply out of reach for some fellow players, my builds and the choices I've made since U7 allowed me to tackle Steel Path without any issues whatsoever. This includes engaging "Anti-Warframe abilities" enemies.

However, that simple fact from my "career" in Warframe led to this situation where there's this specific fellow player that simply finds it impossible that a player he never heard of even once, or saw in either Public Matches or Private Squads or anywhere for that matter, made choices that supersedes any "Steel Path problems" without engaging in any of the new stuff (mods and such) that everyone, apparently, went for... And managed to Solo Steel Path! That's like adding insult to injury, apparently...

No... The difference simply lies in foresight applied knowledge. While some players may check the wiki for recurring and repeated info gathering, most likely for the exact same stuff, I only used the wiki once for Fortuna, Partnership and Kuria scannables, to complete the last 5% that I couldn't find... The rest? *3 forehead taps* All from up here *3 forehead taps*.

I'm not saying here that everyone else did wrong and I'm the only one that did right. That's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is...

On 2021-06-28 at 5:13 PM, Uhkretor said:

I don't depend on warframe abilities to kill...

That's how well planned and well built my equipment is. If I manage to actually get nice rolls on my unused Rivens, and I cannot stress enough how moldy and rooted they are to the Mod Station in my Orbiter due how crappy they are, then its simply added power to my weapons... That's what my builds are - consecutive refinements of builds made since, and during, U7... I should be the one filled with problems, right? But no, its actually the other way around...

So, I don't know what to tell you anymore... Am I a genius? Or did I simply make better choices?

... I'm going to let people think about it...

Now, to answer to the OP's question, just to satisfy everyone else

On 2021-06-28 at 4:39 PM, _Anise_ said:

what are you meant todo against these mechanics?

Use your weapons. That seems pretty obvious against enemies with "Anti-Warframe abilities" properties, like Nullifier fields...

Or, picking a more extreme case, Orphix missions after the Warframe is temporarily disabled - Use your Necramech and your Arch-gun.

In case a player doesn't own a Necramech, use disabled Necramechs found aboard the ship but I've heard that there are none being spawned so~ I don't know...

28 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

[Wall of rambling text]

Damn, you sound upset, you should probably eat a Snickers or something. Anyway, @_Anise_, stay away from nullifiers and use melees to pop their bubbles (or high firerate weapons like others have suggested) and you'll be fine. While invisible, you shouldn't be able to be targeted by ancient disruptor attacks (the ones that drain your energy), as long as you move around a lot - unsure about Comba pulses (talking about the corpus guys on roller skates), but if you shoot their pulses with a high-firerate weapon (like with nullifiers) you'll be fine, and if you shoot their helmets off they won't be able to send out pulses at all.

Of course, you could just find ways to play without abilities, like, as an example, the method involving Inaros that I mentioned above; however, since abilities are a main draw of the game, I understand that idea may be disappointing for you, which is perfectly reasonable (just as, of course, it's reasonable if you do happen to enjoy playing the game without using any abilities). It also seems like you specifically enjoy using Ivara with invisibility and want to use her with that strategy on Steel Path, which is also reasonable, and definitely doable. I advise taking the advice outlined above, and by other players in this thread, to pull that off.

There are many ways to play Steel Path, abilities or no abilities - it's easy once you get the hang of it. You can even easily solo the entire thing, without rivens or meta weapons, start to finish - I did it just like that back when it was released. Don't be afraid to ask for help and squadmates, however, particularly while you're still starting off. Don't worry - it's daunting at first, but you'll have it under your heel in no time!

P.S. Oh, also, the wiki is your friend. Definitely make good use of it.

20 minutes ago, Anaktoria said:

Damn, you sound upset

... Far from it, I don't get upset fast enough for people to actually feel they actually mean something...

.. I preemptively ignore offending players before getting upset... And you, on a specific case, haven't reached that far yet...

... Now? I'm gone to do more important things... Like teaching my clan members Steel Path 101 before they embarrass themselves...

@_Anise_, I hope everyone's help is being useful.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

In case a player doesn't own a Necramech, use disabled Necramechs found aboard the ship but I've heard that there are none being spawned so~ I don't know.

they arnt spawning, i can confirm cause a teammate was in operator the whole time also i did'nt see any while i was in my necramech.

Archived