Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is an underrated feature or part of Warframe that you wished had more content, or more people would talk about?

Zahnny

I like using the Ramparts at times. I was playing and fighting Vor and Kril in a nightmare mission, and it made me think of how the Ramparts can be pretty piddly in damage at the higher levels. I made good use of them in the fight (brought Boar, Kraken, and Fragor to the fight, all impact-heavy weapons, so I relied on the Ramparts for most of my damage to the bosses), but they fall to the wayside at 110.

I would go for the conclave and mini games. In system shock 2 there are some pda-s with minigames to pass the time. Warframe is more or less pve focused but this cannot be all the time fun because the levels and balances always changing and usually it gets boring to shot some AI. The pvp have the ability to test your capabilities and had a constant random fun if you can take the fact you could lose sometimes. I could see some pvepvp like mode or the old dark sector missions where clans owned and conquered different regions and you could support a side you prefer to. It was a bit buggy and sometimes it seemed there is no reason continue the fight but it was a little bit fun at least to me.

Another stuff what I could feel to get some extra love is the syndicates. Once they are maxed you basically done with that content, they could give you random bonuses, random requests by giving you quests to do for them, also some content what currently diluted could have been placed on syndicates. New syndicates and a tenno faction created syndicate could be interesting in my opinion, like the star trek online player created missions which gave exp, rescources, items. With this you could give away rescources, credits, maybe you could kickstart newcomer players indirectly, also make then interested in the coop.

I think there is a lot of unused content in warframe and hardly can choose any other so I just picked these two what I felt could have been improved more.

Make lunaro great again. Feel like the only way to make pvp fair considering the power we are all at is to make the pvp not warframe. While lunaro flopped it was kinda fun and wish it just had more incentive to it. AKA let me buy a murder arcata I can use in main game, i wanna cave in grineer heads with sports ball.

Enemy A.I. 

The enemy A.I. in the arena can actually put of a good and varied fight. I wish there were more opportunities to fight them during regular missions. I understand that they can't have every enemy like that, but it would be cool if at least one could spawn amongst a mob of enemies as the leader or lieutenant. 

I thought Combat/Scrambus were going to fulfill that role, but they just have regular mob a.i. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Enemy A.I. 

The enemy A.I. in the arena can actually put of a good and varied fight. I wish there were more opportunities to fight them during regular missions. I understand that they can't have every enemy like that, but it would be cool if at least one could spawn amongst a mob of enemies as the leader or lieutenant. 

I thought Combat/Scrambus were going to fulfill that role, but they just have regular mob a.i. 

In my opinion, the AI would be more interesting if they were simply teleported, or sped up when in tiles with no players inside, or when outside of the players field of view.

For example, you enter a tile that had a bunch of enemies inside, because they were previously out of view, suddenly you enter the room and they've set up a decent fortification, set up behind cover in different areas with the blunts already up. It won't solve the issue of them being nuked, but it'd at least mean you aren't just lobbing one single grenade on 10 enemies all glued together walking as a single unit.

4 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

In my opinion, the AI would be more interesting if they were simply teleported, or sped up when in tiles with no players inside, or when outside of the players field of view.

For example, you enter a tile that had a bunch of enemies inside, because they were previously out of view, suddenly you enter the room and they've set up a decent fortification, set up behind cover in different areas with the blunts already up. It won't solve the issue of them being nuked, but it'd at least mean you aren't just lobbing one single grenade on 10 enemies all glued together walking as a single unit.

They tried to make enemies fortify themselves, but they do it too slowly and we just bullet jump over it anyway. 

A proper endless RJ mission. Not an endless mission where the RJ is the taxi delivering players to a ground map.

Squad linked mission, such an awesome idea and just wasted on a single event with squads that didn't feel connected at all.

Archwing, it could use a Survival mode and fissures for replayability.

Maybe AW Sorties too, but separate from normal Sorties and with a different reward pool.

Shawzins, what's the point to them? Maybe make them give buffs when played manually, so f.ex. you could play a true 'Bard' Warframe as Octavia and you would have an incentive to learn them and get better.

I am not naming my favorites because if I do then DE will end up rehashing them entirely into something I no longer enjoy or removing them altogether.

It isn't about power it's about simple enjoyment... something DE seems to be fond of rehashing into work.

I want DE to make the whole game. By any metric Warframe is a very incomplete game composed of bits and pieces stitched together.

There are pieces of a story with huge gaps in-between.

DE's goal should be to make a whole game and get out of Beta, but from the looks of things that isn't their goal or they're going about it very poorly.

Unfortunately the developers have to balance actually making the game vs keeping our attention to stay afloat - and I'd say that was a short term solution that is unsustainable. Which is evident with the constant piling of separate gameplay systems, content islands, forgotten or pulled features, the severe lack of polish, etc. 

I'd gladly accept sacrificing immediate gratification of the latest shiny or tiny quest if that'd give them a solid 2-3 years to just make the game they envisioned, with everything they've made well integrated and streamlined - without us constantly demanding things of them.

I'd love to have an expanding and evolving universe - here's the problem though; you cannot have an expanding universe if there is nothing to expand from. Warframe doesn't have a concrete base game to expand and improve upon, it has a lot of bits they have to somehow make work together...

Warcraft had a whole game before adding new content, as did Diablo, Destiny 2, ESO, Path of Exile, etc. You get the idea.

And the major reason people still check in or even bother to criticize is because they see Warframe has massive potential and are wondering why doesn't the game just pick a direction and stick with it? Why don't they close the doors, take 2-3 years and just make the game they envisioned? -- because it became profitable to be in BETA, and as long as that is the case and people give them a pass on it - they have no reason to change or do things differently.

Until people just keep losing more & more interest - which we are already seeing. Take the money you've made, go to the people upstairs - show what you have and what you'd like to make, get the funding, make the game, and improve upon it from there.

But the developers need some space from the community because we are approaching "Game made by Committee" trying to satisfy everyone, which sounds awful

22 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I'd like more syndicate activities. I got a nightwave to do 10 syndicate missions. They are all so easy and plain. It's like eating wet bread!

I think Syndicates and Human factions in general could definitely use more development to add to the universe.

On 2021-06-28 at 5:31 PM, vanaukas said:

The whole operator gameplay, honestly. Since Umbra introduction it was made even more easier since Umbra helps with your DPS output and also providing a reliable source of CC. I know the school system its kinda flawed and outdated, but I would love if more people could give it a chance. The grind isn't that hard since Lua Lens and since we are so powerful that soloing tridolons it's doable without investing plat on it. Most people have the impression that the operator it's trash, but none of them have invested on that system. If warframes needs mods, arcanes, weapons and knowledge to perform amazing, why the operator would be different?

Some endgame builds literally revolve around using your operator and tether. Unlocking the waybound passives goes a long way in making operators more reliable and less janky too.

Just now, f0ba said:

Some endgame builds literally revolve around using your operator and tether. Unlocking the waybound passives goes a long way in making operators more reliable and less janky too.

yeah but Iw as talking about just using operator and no warframe at all, maybe umbra if the player wants more dps output to kill things faster

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

yeah but Iw as talking about just using operator and no warframe at all, maybe umbra if the player wants more dps output to kill things faster

Sadly the game is called Warframe, not Operator. Just like arcwing and necramech, they are options but not the main content. Operators are just another tool to spice up the game and make mission clearing more effective, but not suppose to be your default tool.

Genuinely, no irony, Archwing. 

Ground to jetpack transitions could be so much more. The old Jordas Verdict raid had it's issues, but almost none of them were in the Archwing segments, those were alright. I love Sharking when it works, going from one seabase to another... Shame it got derided as a terrible water level. It could have been great if they took another crack at it. And the Archwing in Kuva fortress is relegated to a single extraction tile

13 minutes ago, f0ba said:

Sadly the game is called Warframe, not Operator. Just like arcwing and necramech, they are options but not the main content. Operators are just another tool to spice up the game and make mission clearing more effective, but not suppose to be your default tool.

Did you even read the thread title? "What is an underrated feature or part of Warframe that you wished had more content, or more people would talk about?"

5 hours ago, vanaukas said:

Did you even read the thread title? "What is an underrated feature or part of Warframe that you wished had more content, or more people would talk about?"

Yea but your “idea” is to make operator with more DPS. Viability =/= unique content.

29 minutes ago, f0ba said:

Yea but your “idea” is to make operator with more DPS. Viability =/= unique content.

I didn't say that, I said that if you want more DPS output with the operator you can use Umbra. Read again.

On 2021-06-28 at 8:31 PM, vanaukas said:

The whole operator gameplay, honestly. Since Umbra introduction it was made even more easier since Umbra helps with your DPS output and also providing a reliable source of CC. I know the school system its kinda flawed and outdated, but I would love if more people could give it a chance. The grind isn't that hard since Lua Lens and since we are so powerful that soloing tridolons it's doable without investing plat on it. Most people have the impression that the operator it's trash, but none of them have invested on that system. If warframes needs mods, arcanes, weapons and knowledge to perform amazing, why the operator would be different?

I’d like to add weapon-play to this, though I don’t want Warframes trivialized.

Maybe they require Void Energy to wield and/or mini-gravimags…which would require a gravimag + micronized components.

What your talking about is a flykick but I get the point, I also like doing that but coz of the gameplay their is no reason to use that unfortunately but is fun since when they receive the knockdown the have a slow recovery rate.

To answer the question... Operators. I like them a lot and they have potential to be better, I customisable human character that alone should make ppl like then however all ppl care about is using them as a tool by using zanurik for energy, void dash to get around and more, also ppl don`t acutely play missions with them coz their mobility (without void dash) is not as good as warframes and their is no operator only content.

Besides improvements one thing I would like to see them get is void melee weapons, think about it just by that alone would make Naramon fun and useful.

Spoiler

Operator void sword by Aaronj-c

Operator void daggers by Aaronj-c

I just hope operators will get a revisit and receive some operator only content in the future. Here is a post I put up about it.

Archived