Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is an underrated feature or part of Warframe that you wished had more content, or more people would talk about?

Zahnny

Operators and the focus schools. The whole thing seems abandoned after Plains of eidolon.

The schools need more lore and the space kids need more backstory. Duviri will likely disappoint on delivering that, but we'll see maybe by 2030 or something...

all of the points seems fair but....what about Dojos? 

for now it's basically a place for low MR to go and pick decent weapons.

I want more from it...even trivial stuff like mini-games outside platforming games. 

i want a reason for my clan to go back in my dojo for other reasons than just trade stuff.

- the codex. some of the entries, like those of arena fighters (Rathuum Executioners and Index Collectors.) actually have a small sample of backstory, but there's nothing like that for regular enemies. at the very least it would benefit newer players who might be wondering why some grineer launch sawblades at them, or what these annoying little yellow robots on Corpus missions are. 

- the Leverian. I don't know how much work it actually takes to make each entry, but I do wish that we got a new one for every update, DE make some pretty cool backstories for the frames. a Leverian for bosses and key story chaarcters would also be cool. 

1 hour ago, ghoti0315 said:

why doesn't anyone said Frame Fighter just yet xD

- frame fighter should ideally have each frame with it's own moves and maybe even give them fatalities like in Mortal Kombat. imagine beating someone as Excalibur and you then cut them into chunks with Exalted blade.. sadly this is way too much work for a minigame, let alone a minigame nobody plays.

- Dojo decorator, but specifically I'd like the option to have rooms with Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Orokin/Sentient textures already built in, because some of us want our dojos to look awesome but not all of us are blessed with the ability to tolerate the Decorator's jankiness long enough to create something beautiful. would also love it if we could get faction-themed skins for our Railjacks that also change interior textures.

and perhaps most of all:

- the constant war between Corpus and Grineer, and the Invasion system: I would vastly prefer a system where each side launches all out offensives to tray and take territory permanently, and if they succeed, they must be pushed back in order for the mode to return to normal. meanwhile the Infested occasionally breach the Dark Sectors and try to infest the planet, and unless every node is wiped clean of infested, there's a risk of it eventually becoming the new Eris. ideally there would be new Invasion rewards and the tilesets would be reworked to reflect the carnage of all-out war: artillery barrages, vehicular combat in the background, rooms partially destroyed etc. it should look like a war, not a minor skirmish. invasions could also be tied to Railjack, where our ships could support a fleet of our chosen side against the other side in a big-a$$ space battle!

23分钟前 , (PSN)robotwars7 说:

- frame fighter should ideally have each frame with it's own moves and maybe even give them fatalities like in Mortal Kombat. imagine beating someone as Excalibur and you then cut them into chunks with Exalted blade.. sadly this is way too much work for a minigame, let alone a minigame nobody plays.

well xD I didn't even played frame fighter once, sad because it looks so cool when it actually didnt

In-mission obstacle courses, secret rooms, hidden mechanics, and the appropriate rewards to incentivize finding them: We still get some new hidden rooms and secrets added with new tile sets whenever they come (Gas City was pretty good on that front, Lua was exceptional), but the difficulty tends to be diminished and mismatched with the rewards. I enjoy having reason to slow down in levels and look for secrets, but also want to see rewards appropriate for the difficulty of finding and completing what is there (useful perennial rewards for repeatable puzzles/obstacle courses, and maybe even single-acquisition items from hidden rooms).

What I view as the best designed obstacle course in the game is actually the one longest of the three Lua spy vaults. The vault has a lot going for it: enough challenge to add some uncertainty to successful completion (the memory puzzle actually changes it pattern, unlike a certain lua music/"memory" puzzle), the option of puzzle or parkour routes, a timed reward (get to the vault fast enough and you can access a few containers behind some closing panels in a wall), a secret room to find within the vault itself, and to top it all off, the course isn't just a mere 10-15 seconds but actually takes a bit of time to complete.

Sadly, that spy vault doesn't seem to have any reward worth the effort. For the effort put in (time spent in mission plus time spent practicing the vault) it feels strange that the timed completion of the vault only gives you a few junk containers rather than something like a rare container with approximately a 50% chance at forma. As a sad comparison, that dead easy Lua music puzzle necessary for Octavia, despite never changing its pattern, still rewards a 10% chance at forma for your 15 seconds of effort.

While not really a well balanced reward per effort, the Lua music puzzle does exemplify a good route for perennial rewards. It has a reward which is always useful (since forma are both useful and consumable) and its drop rate can be easily tuned to match the difficulty of the secret (though I don't think that one is tuned quite right). The game has enough other options for perennial rewards that this system could be commonplace, yet varied enough to stay interesting: forma, catalysts, reactors, exilus adapters, weapon exilus adapters, aura forma, stance forma, umbral forma, riven transmuters, riven slivers, ayatan, even rush repair drones (and soon, arcane slot unlocks for your guns).

The Lua energy tree might be the best example of a balanced reward per effort of all the room secrets. It is a easily found secret and is easy to trigger; as such, it only gives a low value reward: energy per second, within the area of the tree.

TL;DR: moar tile secrets and moar built forma plz. kthnxbai

Oh, I read that as "side-kick" and thought I couldn't agree more, lol.

I love the crewmate and specter concept in theory but end up not using it at all because of cooldowns and consumables.

If it came down to it, I'd be royally happy with a side-kick that didn't do anything at all but in turn I could customize fully and have with me all the time.

I feel the same about pets, I do have some but they end up becoming a negative when dying or playing a map, having to revive someone's pet constantly while we are getting swarmed. Just the time you get distracted, have to locate them, where they sometimes warp around the map because of latency I guess, it feels more annoying than fun or helpful.

I settled on the deimos vizier whatever the name is, that revives itself just to get away from the stress. Ideally you'd want to pull people towards something that is fun, I'd say, not push them away by negatives.

Missed oppertunity feels like, to not tie the whole railjack-syndicate-crewmember together.

It would make sense to me if the crewmate was earning syndicate points for instance passively just like sigils, had some kind of faction specific proc, not unlike the factions weapons, you know a theme, then in turn did little damage, maybe only a support role but then was heavy on customization and a true side-kick. Not, there for 2 minutes, gone for 7 or whatever the numbers are.

Not to mention tying that into the lich system, it's almost a criminal offense they didn't make liches side-kicks or crewmates, knowing how much peope worked on the lich system.

"That rug really tied the room together!!1" I guess is my point.

You are doing liches anyway, and you are doing crewmates anyway... well, 1+1=2.

The upcoming helminth expansion as an example of the missing rug, current content is liches, railjack, parazon and "weapon/combat fix", well then, it would seem rather obvious the helminth expansion would tie directly into that in any shape or form, unlimited possibilities, right?

Nope.

And even worse, no one stopped to think, the players who "spent their exp" by already subsuming all the frames, then went from there and said hey, here is a oppertunity to connect something.

We need a way to earn "helminth exp" and we also have some content we want to connect.

I don't know how you'd 'frame' that or what you'd call the result of it, but that's what is missing with most gameplay, way I see it.

It doesn't take a lot of seemingly small decisions to totally wreck something that is really close to being good.

7 hours ago, mrpyro12345678 said:

I'm a Kuva Lich Silent Player. I like to challenge very tough enemies.

Lorewise Kuva Liches are nigh-immortal Grineer who literally can't be stopped unless you find the "phylactery" - the 3 requiems. Even if you kill them, they'll just revive. They're an immovable object by themselves, and the weapon and warframe abilities also make them an unstoppable force TOO.

I love the Lich hunts and want them to be even tougher. I can only imagine SP versions who are immune to mobility altering, has resistance against armor reduction and has a max viral proc of x2 damage. The radiation based Lich, in particular, is insane at max level...I love it! 😂

Give us something similar to steel path  dailies but in the open worlds they’ve created already. Give us some hard butt missions for the four of us to complete with a reward at the end. 

Add all kinds of additional mission types and events to the open worlds. They can be most anything really…. Add more variety. 

14 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

But now they're working with Tencent, and Tencent does MOBAs and other pvp well enough... so maybe it's an opportunity for growth?

And here we are. PvP works in a game that focuses on PvP (obviously).  For anything else, it's just an afterthought that attempts to lure you PvP enthusiast into the game to spend some money regardless of what a crapshoot the PvP is. Until you people prove it's worth the effort, no growth will happen. Personally, i'm ok with that.

12 hours ago, VisionAndVoice said:

they couldn't fix all the bugs and exploits that kept popping up.

Just like solar rails, right? Which makes me wonder what people found fun in that. I can guess (emphasis on exploits) but then i'd be insulting all the people who enjoy ganking helpless beginners for their own amusement in open world PvP games. They'd deserve it but...well, the moderator who checks my post wouldn't allow it.

15 hours ago, 1up20xdey6 said:

Problem is: Warframe is not a PVP oriented game. There's really no place for the Conclave (or even Lunaro) to exist. They originally got rid of raids because "people hardly played them." and yet look at Conclave and Lunaro. Rarely anyone plays Conclave and not a single person plays Lunaro. Both modes are completely pointless. It's not like in some other games where both PVE and PVP are integrated in ways that actually work/make sense.

Well, no, that was the smaller reasoning behind removing Raids. It was more so due to their flawed foundation and constant bugs requiring fixes that made DE remove them. Conclave doesn't really have that issue so it's stayed for better or worse.

Il y a 18 heures, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt a dit :

I gotta say, I'm not even a PvP fan in most games BUT I really enjoy Conclave most of the time :)   Not only that, but for YEARS I've been touting it as the "solution" to "true endgame", as what enemy in ALL of the Origin System can challenge a Tenno....better than another Tenno?   No AI is going to be a better challenge than another player (most of the time).   

It needs tweaks, sure, and I think more modes could be added in (Necramech vs Necramech modes in Open World maps, for example... very Gundam Battlefront-eque), would be fantastic!

Even a MOBA mode, wherein our frames are the "Champions", and spectres/companions/RJ Crew/Grineer-Corpus-Infested are our "minions".  

At the end of the day, it's all about "practicing/studying strategy", from the Tenno's perspective.   We sharpen our minds AND our blades.

Moba game mode was called since the start of the open beta, I think DE tryed several times but the game won't support it, it barely succeed at spawning things in fixed spawns and even if "open worlds" have some big layers of scripting it is far from what would be needed from the host for a decent "moba" experience in warframe.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

And here we are. PvP works in a game that focuses on PvP (obviously).  For anything else, it's just an afterthought that attempts to lure you PvP enthusiast into the game to spend some money regardless of what a crapshoot the PvP is. Until you people prove it's worth the effort, no growth will happen. Personally, i'm ok with that.

I never said I was a "PvP enthusiast".  In fact, in this very thread, I pointed out quite the opposite.  I usually detest PvP games.

THAT BEING SAID, to ignore the value of player-vs-player experiences in Warframe just because of some pre-conceived bias is to miss the forest for the trees.  

It makes perfect sense, again, that Tenno would seek to train and improve their skills, yeah?  And those of us who seek greater challenge than mindless Grineer and Corpus drones will find no greater opponent than another Tenno.  Does that not stand to reason? 

Nobody is pushing some idea that Warframe should become a big PvPer game.  Not even a little...   But to simply refine ONE MODE that allows for that is not such a grand proposition.  No one is pushing for microtransactions or whatever else you're implying.

Just refinement of an already-existing concept. :/ 

7 hours ago, Galuf said:

Moba game mode was called since the start of the open beta, I think DE tryed several times but the game won't support it, it barely succeed at spawning things in fixed spawns and even if "open worlds" have some big layers of scripting it is far from what would be needed from the host for a decent "moba" experience in warframe.

Different times, though.  The game couldn't support MOST of what it does today.  

Nowadays, not only does DE have much more advanced tech and coding, greater staffing, and a better understanding of their game... but they've got Tencent behind them, now.  

Tencent, who owns League of Legends, amongst many other very VERY successful MOBAs, as well as a large percentage of Epic Games, Path of Exile's devs (Grinding Gear Games), a percentage of Blizzard, Ubisoft...  The list goes on..

DE has some big money backing them now... assuming that Tencent sees value in supporting 'em.   And I can't think of any reason Tencent wouldn't see value in MOBA or other PvP modes.

Again, I'm not saying it should overtake the main game in ANY way, shape, or form... only that Conclave, completely separate from the PvE, can still be, in and of itself, reinforced and strengthened. 

il y a une heure, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt a dit :

Again, I'm not saying it should overtake the main game in ANY way, shape, or form... only that Conclave, completely separate from the PvE, can still be, in and of itself, reinforced and strengthened. 

- For Tencent they are just an asset that generates revenue, before them they had a big chinese company behind as well. The fact that their are financiarised doesn't help long term projets actually

- The core issues that this game has are there since it started and they are exactly the same(sure, there are been some moderate refining/refactoring on them but it's the same thing)

I'm aware on everything Tencent has because I'm an avid PoE player, it looks always good at first glance with Tencent and at a point it surely starts to smell very hard.

10 minutes ago, Galuf said:

- For Tencent they are just an asset that generates revenue, before them they had a big chinese company behind as well. The fact that their are financiarised doesn't help long term projets actually

- The core issues that this game has are there since it started and they are exactly the same(sure, there are been some moderate refining/refactoring on them but it's the same thing)

I'm aware on everything Tencent has because I'm an avid PoE player, it looks always good at first glance with Tencent and at a point it surely starts to smell very hard.

I'm aware of DE's history, as well, including Leyou etc...   That wasn't the point.

The point is that, if you're a Dev company trying to convince your parent company that you ought to get better funding, it HELPS that they would have seen success in similar business models in their other ventures.

Regardless, if we're gonna put 'em in a situation of "Damned if they do, Damned if they don't", then what's the point here?  

DE HAS made strides... and it CONTINUES to succeed, despite whatever your PERSONAL opinion may be...  Warframe is still active and still successful 8+ years later... which is a claim very few games can actually make.  That didn't happen for no reason.  It wasn't luck.  

DE knows what they're doing.   If they decided to spruce up some Conclave modes, separate and apart from the main game, I'm sure it'd be fine.

21 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

- the Leverian. I don't know how much work it actually takes to make each entry, but I do wish that we got a new one for every update, DE make some pretty cool backstories for the frames. a Leverian for bosses and key story chaarcters would also be cool.

Missed opportunity with Leverian. Instead of only telling us the story, it would be great if we then got to play the story as the frame of honor. I also was hoping it would be an actual, large museum rather than the way it is now. Ah well.

Il y a 1 heure, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt a dit :

DE HAS made strides... and it CONTINUES to succeed, despite whatever your PERSONAL opinion may be...  Warframe is still active and still successful 8+ years later... which is a claim very few games can actually make.  That didn't happen for no reason.  It wasn't luck.

If DE had never made strides, I would not still be there, however it doesn't look that good for DE atm. Heart of Deimos kind of saved the day last year, I expect something similar this year(big tennocon announcement into 2-3 weeks release) but I'm not sure players would be as enthousiast.

5 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

I never said I was a "PvP enthusiast".  In fact, in this very thread, I pointed out quite the opposite.  I usually detest PvP games.

THAT BEING SAID, to ignore the value of player-vs-player experiences in Warframe just because of some pre-conceived bias is to miss the forest for the trees.  

It makes perfect sense, again, that Tenno would seek to train and improve their skills, yeah?  And those of us who seek greater challenge than mindless Grineer and Corpus drones will find no greater opponent than another Tenno.  Does that not stand to reason? 

Nobody is pushing some idea that Warframe should become a big PvPer game.  Not even a little...   But to simply refine ONE MODE that allows for that is not such a grand proposition.  No one is pushing for microtransactions or whatever else you're implying.

Just refinement of an already-existing concept. :/ 

I'm not a PvP enthusiast either, but I did do the grind for conclave points to earn the cosmetics. PvP isn't at bad as people make it out to be. There were things I didn't like about it, yes, but I still had great fun at times. If the community and DE embraced it, PvP activities could've been a great side activity in Warframe. 

We could've gotten things like Archwing, K-drive races. Operator arena battles, Time attack modes, etc. Nothing too complex, but just cool little side activities to test your skill against others. 

I also had a little fun with the holiday pvp events. I'm surprised Dog Days never had a PvP version. 

Archived