Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is an underrated feature or part of Warframe that you wished had more content, or more people would talk about?

Zahnny

On 2021-06-28 at 5:30 PM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Railjack & open world content that actually helped you advance in the star chart (with resources, or something else).

Archwing and Railjack. These are by far the best non-standard content in the game. They just need a lot more love is all.

I like the whole system they’ve got, where they don’t really lean heavily on level-based progression so much and strictly locking us into one play style or the other (though there are areas where players need to get a little serious with their builds, which makes sense to me personally). It means that they can release some content years down the track (like Yareli or Deimos) where a new player doesn’t necessarily need to play through the entire game to have access to it or have fun with it.

I hope one day they add multiple ways to connect to higher end content such as Arbitrations and Sorties.

I'm dedicated in keeping the MR 6 symbol and Transcendence but because I made those choices I'll never be connected to that content. Was thinking maybe if I forma'd enough times... Otherwise, I wish there was more connectivity with activity is what I'm getting at. Not being able to join a clanmate's Arbitration or Sortie missions feels bad when you know you are qualified for them in other ways. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

I’d like to add weapon-play to this, though I don’t want Warframes trivialized.

Maybe they require Void Energy to wield and/or mini-gravimags…which would require a gravimag + micronized components.

I think that AMPs currently with certain combinations can achieve very good DPS, I do steel path missions as operator using Unairu + Magus Melt and Virtuos Strike or Virtuos Trojan. More weaposn would be good but I think the operators need to use something like this:

zeratul__dark_prelate_by_mr__jack-d8rn1co.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi83MzM5NmI4Yy1lODEwLTRjNjQtYTU3Yy1iNmFhN2U2ZWM3OTgvZDhybjFjby00M2ZhYWEyOC1mYzlkLTRiMGQtOWUyYy1lY2E3MTkwYWEzNDMuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAiLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTgwMCJ9XV19._R7Z3VqoVEEvbLDPuZ8FuTkJwAr_DTozxVv7s7BSBRQ

A Void energy melee. Melee is important, not just beause it's overpowered on frames, but because allows you to do things in the short downtime when your AMP runs out. The only "operator melee" we currently have it's a glaive (Phahd Scaffold), but it's an AMP regardless. Long ago devs talked about a "anime demon mode" to repleace channeling on warframes, but I think it should be added to the operator instead with a new mechanic (maybe operator kills fills an energy bar for this kind of melee) and then you unleash this melee... Or this one:

UlCJB9x.jpeg

A double dagger with less damage but more speed (or less spedd + more damage). It could be something like this too:

zuko_firebending_master_by_darkwings9.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi80MmIxYzcwMi0xZjYxLTQyNDktOTYxZi0yODNjMGRjYjRmODAvZDFuYnpxaS02NDM4MTc4ZS01OWUzLTRmMjMtYjRiYi1lZTNlZWFhM2IwOTIuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTYwMCIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODEwIn1dXX0.bx98MMVvFxDQ4F4LqeWEFijunXCPlw89miIrBWbRBAk

Some sort of "Void bending" that allows you to do martial arts (fist and foot attacks). I don't know if you (or anyone) remember, but the operator used to have a finisher move, a downed enemy (by procs) could be finished with a lot of punches from the operator... I miss that. We also had the "normal" stab from the parazon for a short while, the stab in the stomach.

More AMP variety would be amazing, but this void demon needs a melee, even Naramon school is useless for Operator combat gameplay, opossed to every single other school that works with the operator gameplay 100% (sometimes requiring arcanes, in the case of madurai)

I enjoy how enemies take a second to actually recognize me as a Tenno infiltrating their base in the 90 - 110 Lich Kuva Fortress Spy I just did, letting me roll from cover to cover as long as I got out of sight quick enough.

I also find it fun in how they can lose track of the player; in one of the vaults I got spotted by two guards patrolling. Ran around the corner, Operator invisibilitied my way past them, and when they went to where they last saw me and then split up to search after not finding anything, it gave me a chance to yoink each of them with the Harpak and finish them quietly. I was quite glad that they didn't magically see me when I was out in the open just behind them, watching and waiting. It was one of the cameras that triggered the alarm and destroyed the data 😒

Open worlds by far. After you play them and get the factions to max rank there's hardly a reason to return. The bounties really don't offer enough of a reward for seasoned players to every come back every day and do them.

I find myself wanting to spend more time in the open worlds because I like them but at the same time I know would be wasting my time since if I wanted to grind relics, credits or resources there would be much more efficient ways to do so.

I think Railjack gets right what the open world areas get wrong because Railjack is fun, easily repayable and offers good rewards that I can use in all other parts of the game.

Conclave and Dojo.

Specifically the codes behind dojos, which are surely a spaghetti abomination of unimaginable proportions at this point. I always feel like witnessing a miracle that dojos still work and haven't completely collapsed unto itself. Sure it's missing a lot of basic construction QoL features and I await eagerly for those to arrive. But as a layman who doesn't know anything about game development or coding I've always been impressed by dojo's survival and complexity, and I'd love for DE to someday delve into the behind-the-scenes history of dojo development. 

On 2021-06-29 at 2:56 AM, Zahnny said:

My opinion is Conclave should be Competitive PvE.

Either spawning as a Corpus or Grineer and have to do tasks or challenges, Star Wars: Battlefront style

Heck, they could even have a Random gamemode where both players are given the identical warframes and weapons and need to gain the most kills.

nailed it tbh

11 minutes ago, traybong111 said:

Conclave and Dojo.

Specifically the codes behind dojos, which are surely a spaghetti abomination of unimaginable proportions at this point. I always feel like witnessing a miracle that dojos still work and haven't completely collapsed unto itself. Sure it's missing a lot of basic construction QoL features and I await eagerly for those to arrive. But as a layman who doesn't know anything about game development or coding I've always been impressed by dojo's survival and complexity, and I'd love for DE to someday delve into the behind-the-scenes history of dojo development. 

It would be nice to be able to disable collisions on the items you are trying to place.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish Stealth, Enemy Vision, Enemy Effective Ranges played a bigger role in content outside of Spy Missions. Not just stealth damage multipliers, which are exclusive to melee, but more interaction between Enemy awareness and vision cones playing a role in dealing damage to them in other ways. Things like if an enemy is unaware of your location, getting an increased headshot multiplier on them. It feels like something can be done here to unify stealth into the rest of the horde shooter elements. I can't for the life of me take advantage of Agility Drift because enemy effective ranges being affected by accuracy and evasion cone is obfuscated and not integral. I don't feel like my actions in game can mitigate damage outside of shield gating or insane armor, if I'm out in the open it doesn't matter how fast I'm moving sometimes, especially against grineer, I will be chipped away. I wish something could be done here that feels satisfying. I don't think better AI is the solution, despite everyone that keeps bandwagoning, but enemy variety with different ranges and pairing them up differently in missions to challenge how you approach a crowd, that'd be engaging.

Hacking. I know everyone hacks, it's not exactly a forgotten mechanic, but there's so little to do with hacking outside of alarms, spy vaults, and bursas. We see corpus enemies in the recent tennocon trailer pull ospreys out of walls, why can't I hack things in Corpus tilesets to get robots to do my bidding. Isn't that the whole point? You hack electronics. This ties into another thing I feel has been neglected. Tileset Interactables.

When was the last time you used those turrets grineer can sometimes use? There's a ton of interactables like grineer showers (you can turn them on in galleons and listen to water pouring), or the garbage chute in Parvos Corpus Tilesets, and taht electric wheel inside every Orb Vallis base that you can turn off or something. Yet, none of it affects gameplay outside of say the Turrets. A ton of frames that can protect objectives during Defense Missions can protect points of interest in tile sets like super turrets that let you complete a mission better. There's not a lot of this outside of specific missions but I wish there was. What if Hacking spawned these types of tileset elements?

Optional/Alternative ways to complete missions are also lacking. Remember when during Vor's sidequest you had save a colony ship with reduced max shields? That was cool, what happened to that? I really wish the whole "Forget your original objective, kill everyone" during spy happened more often, and in other ways. Missions get really stale as you repeat them over and over and over and over again. Especially after 3000 hours of gameplay. You know what I thought was neat? The way you can do Sabotage Missions in different ways. Y'all know the fuel and coolant cells? You can complete the sabotage differently depending on where you put what before hacking the reactor. That's so cool. I wish there was stuff like that all over the game.

The game boils down to kill, kill, kill, kill it feels like. But does it need to be that way? There's ways to incorporate different abilities and skillsets and loadouts into missions without feeling unfair. Things like optional objective defenses (like ally spawners or turrets), that help complete the mission faster or more effectively can be really cool. Imagine for a moment you're in a Corpus Survival Mission. You find a Moa/Osprey spawner that you can hack, and so you hack it. So long as that spawner is protected by you, it will continue to spawn robot allies for you. Now defense objective warframes can increase their kills per second in survival without being a DPS or Tank Frame.

Things like optional stealth sections in mobile defense missions to make the timer for the mobile defenses go by faster. That way you don't need to defend it as hard  if you're not a objective-defense frame. Panels to hack that make the defense objectives invincible for a short time. There's so many things that can be done that we've seen them (The devs) capable of doing. You know those Ayatan Sculpture vaults that spawn in derelicts? There can be stuff like that that spawn at random points in a tileset that help complete objectives in alternative ways. Tileset dead ends sometimes shouldn't just be a dead end or a place to pick up loot from containers.

• 4 weeks later...

I will probably necro this topic until the day I die, since I am perpetually noting little things.

Not sure if I’d necessarily say it needs to be talked about or needs more content due to the nature of the thing, but I hope they continue making guns sound different as the magazine gets lower. I know it’s a common thing in games, but I just find myself subconciously utilising it in Warframe to gauge whether I need to break off from a fight, and it can be really effective at subtly conveying the cue

Clan.

I only knew 2 games which you can make decoration in game. PSO-2 and WF. Warframe take a whole to new level because we can design a big dojo.
But it still has m,any potential. I'm waiting for day that they add everything to Dojo like Foundry and stuff. Then it will become player hub.

Also please remove limit capacity, i mean big room like Dry dock need more decor capacity.

Operators for sure are one feature I'd like more stuff for, maybe with the Paradox? 

Although, I think Specters should be more looked into, maybe adding in the ability to customize their appearance and such, I also feel something should be done with the specter armies they had in the Solar rail from ages back?  

Also converted liches hahaha :D :D :D :| 

On 2021-06-29 at 1:31 AM, vanaukas said:

The whole operator gameplay, honestly. Since Umbra introduction it was made even more easier since Umbra helps with your DPS output and also providing a reliable source of CC. I know the school system its kinda flawed and outdated, but I would love if more people could give it a chance. The grind isn't that hard since Lua Lens and since we are so powerful that soloing tridolons it's doable without investing plat on it. Most people have the impression that the operator it's trash, but none of them have invested on that system. If warframes needs mods, arcanes, weapons and knowledge to perform amazing, why the operator would be different?

I think a lot of people have come to appreciate operators since they started getting more cosmetics. I know that I didn't like the idea of them at first but after spending a decent amount of time making him look cool I've started to get attached to him a bit. Some of the lines are still pretty cringe, though. 

Just now, Xantelian said:

I think a lot of people have come to appreciate operators since they started getting more cosmetics. I know that I didn't like the idea of them at first but after spending a decent amount of time making him look cool I've started to get attached to him a bit. Some of the lines are still pretty cringe, though. 

Yeah, also since the void changes with the current amps and arcanes (and grinding all the waybound nodes) the operator it's in a very good spot to run almost every content, plus the possibility to add umbra to the equation, which helps with the dps falloff the operator have on higher levels.

About the lines, I wish they could be more in line with the current content for all the missions instead just some quests

Was just using the Dargyn to help provide aerial support as my partner and I poisoned the Plague Star boil, and it was both fun and a powerful alternative to what we’d brought to the mission, killing enemies in a handful of shots. I really enjoy these useable enemy vehicles like the Dargyn or Rampart (I think I had a post somewhere in here about using Ramparts), and would like to see more made of them in the higher-level content, or just more hijackable things in more missions in general

On 2021-06-28 at 4:58 PM, Zahnny said:

What is an underrated feature or part of Warframe that you wished had more content, or more people would talk about?

I have had plenty of content that I considered underrated and greatly enjoyed hoping that someday they would expand upon it.

However upon review I find that DE often takes those enjoyable tidbits and completely guts them twisting and warping them into something I no longer enjoy and thoroughly despise.

Therefore considering DE's abysmal track record I regretfully decline to share the few untouched underrated tidbits I have left.

Be careful what you wish for because making a wish with DE is like like making a wish with a ticked off genie that's been trapped for millennia and is only thinking of revenge.

DE will listen to what you say you want, then twist it into something you don't want, and then tell you they gave you what you asked for.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Was just using the Dargyn to help provide aerial support as my partner and I poisoned the Plague Star boil, and it was both fun and a powerful alternative to what we’d brought to the mission, killing enemies in a handful of shots. I really enjoy these useable enemy vehicles like the Dargyn or Rampart (I think I had a post somewhere in here about using Ramparts), and would like to see more made of them in the higher-level content, or just more hijackable things in more missions in general

I wish we had more need for air combat in the open levels. Maybe even a mission that requires an AW or Darygn. There's great potential for a bit of dog fighting in air while supporting ground missions and vice versa.

- actual warframe and warframe gameplay?

Feels like it's been years of vehicle gimmicks, trying to make failjack stick and desperately trying to make me care about emo space tween. I'd like to see a return to the core game. The part of the game that we all came here for in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Some people insist on being salty, no matter the topic. Have fun guys. 

At some point, you got to think it's not the game. 

Nah. The game changed. I didn't. It used to be a cool corridor shooter now its a disjointed testbed for concepts that clearly should have been separate games. 

Archived