Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When The New War is Gonna Released?

lbsgamer83

Something to keep in mind is that DE wanted to do it as a proper 'war'. As in, all content released over the planned 2020 would have had something to do with it. You can even get glimpses when you consider the content that was released, which they confirmed was out of the original planned order (Especially Deimos).

Railjack's release was explicitly tied to the Sentients, with Cy commenting all the time throughout Rising Tides about how the RJ's were needed to fight Sentients. The full release featured the first fully-Sentient segment of content ever - up until that point, they'd always shared the spotlight with other enemies. Scarlet Spear then upped the Ante with the first Sentient-themed event. They went on record saying that 2020 was to be year full of TNW content. Even Deadlock has Parvos talking about the oncoming threat from Tau.

But everything changed when the 'Rona nation attacked.

DE made the at-the-time wise decision (Hindsight being 20/20 and all) to delay their planned content for the New War until they could do it on all cylinders and with all their resources for mocap, animations and whatnot. Other content, such as an Open World planned for the end of the year (and likely well into the TNW) cycle got shifted forwards and likely divorced from it's original context. I mean, doesn't it make sense that, in the midst of a War, perhaps a losing battle, that we'd go and find the source of our void powers to get new weapons? For us to find a new Pseduo-Ally from the old world to fight this old threat anew?

I wouldn,t be too surprise to get some news on that during Tennocon. I don't remember which hometime it was, but maybe 2 week ago Reb and Megan seemed to be hinting that alot of stuff was being worked on currently. Its still not actual confirmation but with Tennocon being so close, it would make for the perfect reveal.

38 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I'm starting to think this is spam.

Yeah two new tenno knowing exactly to complain about the the same thing in the forums almost at the same time ^.^ 

Kinda.

That being said new war started with scarlet spear as Raptor said ^.^ 

9 hours ago, lbsgamer83 said:

So i was Wondering when the new war is gonna released on the PC and on The Xbox

screw Playstation Tenno I guess xD.

The New War that you're referring to is only the Cinematic Quest portion of what is a story arc that encompasses several quests, events and other happenings in the system relating tot he Sentient threat. unless something gets announced at Tennocon, we likely may not see the story with Natah and Erra reach a conclusion any time soon. given that DE usually has a big reveal up their sleeve for Tennocon, I imagine a new cinematic will debut. we may or may not also get something more on Planes of Duviri, which many people are also looking forward to.

Gerade eben schrieb (PSN)Kakurine2:

They need the gear in the studio to keep developing it. So as long as canada is quarantining for covid we have to wait.

well ... something will come out this year. clearly because of fake virus it delays its own. but it's not that wild either.

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

well ... something will come out this year. clearly because of fake virus it delays its own. but it's not that wild either.

We'll get something for sure. I think the last dev stream they said they are starting to get back to the studio.

I fear the world is heading for another world war.  I am not a religious man. But if you look at the things that lead to ww2 germany, the soviet union, and communist china for example there are similarities accross the world.

The whole globalist reset thing, the virus itself, the push to get the vaccine, media manipulating and agenda pushing, faucis email leaks, the 2020 elections, the audits happening now, thing after thing.

I fear the worlds in for a ruff ride.

New War released patch 23.1 in 2018 with Chimera Prologue. While the most recent addition released on patch 29.6 about six months ago with Orphix Venom.

If you're referring to the next part of the story it may be in the next patch somehow tied to the Sisters of Parvos. If instead you want the next cinematic portion of the quest that might still be awhile out as, iirc, DE only recently regained access to their mocap studio.

9 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

2019 christmas

To be honest, that trailer has aged like fine milk.

So little news has been released, and so little has been said about it that I'm starting to wonder if production has even started on it. Every time something vomes up about it in a dev stream, the subject of "New War" is quickly pushed to one side,

I's really like to hear a little news about how far into development New War is.

Archived